Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:28   #7881
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Well, I'm not sure how he is this weekend. His evil son is here this weekend so we haven't been up there. He is moving to the nursing home Monday.

Yes I sent her a pic.

Wolfe, I hope your pain regimen is working better now.
I also hope the move goes smoothly.

It soumds like Wolfe needs to post a picture before one of us comes after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Yep, I woke up this morning and knew instantly I was on something. Blessed relief! Turns out he put me back on Fentanyl, but only half the strength as before. He thinks I may not need the maximum dose and he may be right. Either that or this is just so much better than the past week that I have more tolerance. Either way, I'll take it. I've been feeling crappy all day, but I think that's from just starting back on the meds and should pass soon.

Nope, but hopefully I'll be able to sleep soon with my regular cocktail in me. Seems like it's starting to.
Is the lower dosage giving you relief still today? This all sounds like excellent news lately. You can do more physical therapy and now can tolerate a lower dosage of pain meds. You have really made progress in your healing. Now w just need to get rid of the nightmares so you can sleep normally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 13:07   #7882
23skidoo
Deceased

Miss S_R is right Sweetheart, things are looking up.
Old 08-22-2011, 14:55   #7883
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I also hope the move goes smoothly.

It sounds like Wolfe needs to post a picture before one of us comes after her.

They just got him moved.

Oh, I'll save us all the trouble and post it myself.

Aloha!

Okie Memorial Area
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 17:34   #7884
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Miss S_R is right Sweetheart, things are looking up.
In her email to me earlier she asked me, "Where is that dancing mutt? He should have posted that by now".

Quote:
They just got him moved.

Aloha!

Okie Memorial Area
Awwwwwwwww!

Glad the FIL is moved, hope he's settling in OK.

Quote:
Is the lower dosage giving you relief still today? This all sounds like excellent news lately. You can do more physical therapy and now can tolerate a lower dosage of pain meds. You have really made progress in your healing. Now w just need to get rid of the nightmares so you can sleep normally.
Yep, still working. But I didn't have to see my terrorist today, so we'll see how it holds tomorrow. I still have my add-ons if I need them for after he abuses me, so I should be GTG there. I hope, anyway. My doc was glad to see the results today too. He did say he wanted to try to cut back the pain meds still more, but now right away. I'm not in any hurry to do that. I'm still hurting quite a bit, but not as bad as when I wasn't taking a 24/7 pain med.

My shrink seemed happy to see I wasn't hurting so bad I couldn't move, in fact he cracked his knuckles, smiled, and said "Now we can get to work". Oh hell....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 21:36   #7885
BobInTX

I kind of like this guy.

Last edited by BobInTX; 08-22-2011 at 21:37..
Old 08-23-2011, 17:01   #7886
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I kind of like this guy.

I was afraid you would.

Pain meds are still doing OK. I'm hurting kind of bad, but trying to stay off add-ons for at least a few days. I'd like to stay off them altogether, but I don't think I'll be able to when I'm doing more than staring at a computer screen and light, but very controlled, therapy. My terrorist did say we were going to get back into more task oriented stuff like driving, etc.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-23-2011, 18:24   #7887
BobInTX

Anything they can do to help you is good. Sounds like your PT wants to help you adapt.
Old 08-24-2011, 15:05   #7888
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
They just got him moved.

Aloha!

Okie Memorial Area
That picture is just darling. She is growing so fast.

Quote:
I kind of like this guy.

I do too. I hope he make Wolfe cry until she has no tears left.

Wolfe you know I mean that in a good way.

Quote:
Pain meds are still doing OK. I'm hurting kind of bad, but trying to stay off add-ons for at least a few days. I'd like to stay off them altogether, but I don't think I'll be able to when I'm doing more than staring at a computer screen and light, but very controlled, therapy. My terrorist did say we were going to get back into more task oriented stuff like driving, etc.
I hope the Fentanyl can give you relief by itself from now on but if you need additional meds you should not hesitate to take them. You could only make yourself worse if you are in too much pain.

I think your physical terrorist is wise to focus on getting you adapted to your physical limitations. You will still be able to do a lot of things although you may have to do them differently now. However you may have to accept that riding a motorcycle is an exception to that.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 08-24-2011, 18:09   #7889
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Anything they can do to help you is good. Sounds like your PT wants to help you adapt.
Yep, he said he knows now that I'll probably never be able to do a lot of things I could before that require any chest strength, so he wants to spend the little bit of time he has left with me working on me doing things differently to accomplish whatever I need to in daily life. For example I can't push anything hard to move, like a heavy door, so I have to put a shoulder against it and lean it a little. Of course I have to be careful doing that, because actually hitting with my shoulder would transmit the impact to you-know-where.

With the front being the injured area I can't push, but can pull in some ways, so I have to learn to use that when possible. A bit like if I'm sitting and someone wants to help me up they can't reach under my arm and lift, but I can take their hand or arm and pull toward myself. Another thing we talked a little about was how I would defend myself if that was ever needed, but since I can't fight or take a hit we didn't have any answers.

Quote:
I do too. I hope he make Wolfe cry until she has no tears left.

Wolfe you know I mean that in a good way.
You just want to see me cry, right?

Actually I do get what you mean, although I was hoping my last shrink had gotten enough crying out of me. It seems like enough to last a lifetime

I hope the Fentanyl can give you relief by itself from now on but if you need additional meds you should not hesitate to take them. You could only make yourself worse if you are in too much pain.
Have no fear, if I get bad enough, I'll pop some pills.

I think your physical terrorist is wise to focus on getting you adapted to your physical limitations. You will still be able to do a lot of things although you may have to do them differently now. However you may have to accept that riding a motorcycle is an exception to that.
He knows he wouldn't be able to build my strength on the short time he has left with me, so he's being realistic. The more things I can learn different ways to do, the less disabling this injury will turn out to be. Yeah, I'll probably still end up collecting disability, but I'd like to be able to at least be independent.

He may have shifted away from doing as much strength exercises, but he's still doing stuff for my breathing. He says that's way behind where he thinks it should be and he's going to work on that until the day one of us gets on the bird to leave. I can somehow picture him at Flight Ops torturing me one last time.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-25-2011, 20:49   #7890
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, if your terrorist makes you cry at flight ops may he be sucked into the engine!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:35   #7891
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Sweetheart, if your terrorist makes you cry at flight ops may he be sucked into the engine!
I would be worried that Wolfe would be sucked up too if he was with her.

Or are you trying to get rid of her?

Quote:
Yep, he said he knows now that I'll probably never be able to do a lot of things I could before that require any chest strength, so he wants to spend the little bit of time he has left with me working on me doing things differently to accomplish whatever I need to in daily life. For example I can't push anything hard to move, like a heavy door, so I have to put a shoulder against it and lean it a little. Of course I have to be careful doing that, because actually hitting with my shoulder would transmit the impact to you-know-where.

With the front being the injured area I can't push, but can pull in some ways, so I have to learn to use that when possible. A bit like if I'm sitting and someone wants to help me up they can't reach under my arm and lift, but I can take their hand or arm and pull toward myself. Another thing we talked a little about was how I would defend myself if that was ever needed, but since I can't fight or take a hit we didn't have any answers.

He knows he wouldn't be able to build my strength on the short time he has left with me, so he's being realistic. The more things I can learn different ways to do, the less disabling this injury will turn out to be. Yeah, I'll probably still end up collecting disability, but I'd like to be able to at least be independent.

He may have shifted away from doing as much strength exercises, but he's still doing stuff for my breathing. He says that's way behind where he thinks it should be and he's going to work on that until the day one of us gets on the bird to leave. I can somehow picture him at Flight Ops torturing me one last time.
Wolfe we all expect you to collect disability and I doubt anyone would complain about paying their share to fund that. That is one use of my tax money that I make no complaints about.

I hope you will be able to continue physical therapy once you get home. Has anyone talked to you about that? Even if not you may be able to do special exercises on your own that your physical terrorist can plan for you. You say you were discussing self defense with your terrorist and I wonder if he suggested you consider carrying a small caliber gun. Do you think you would ever consider that again and would you be able to shoot one?
Quote:
Old 08-26-2011, 16:55   #7892
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
I would be worried that Wolfe would be sucked up too if he was with her.

Or are you trying to get rid of her?

No!
Old 08-26-2011, 19:40   #7893
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Sweetheart, if your terrorist makes you cry at flight ops may he be sucked into the engine!: scared:
Oh yeah, He'll probably have ahold of me and take me with him. Silent_Runner is right, you're trying to get rid of me.

Quote:
No!
You just threw a brick at Silent_Runner?!?!? You ARE in trouble now, it's been nice knowing you.

Quote:
Wolfe we all expect you to collect disability and I doubt anyone would complain about paying their share to fund that. That is one use of my tax money that I make no complaints about.

I hope you will be able to continue physical therapy once you get home. Has anyone talked to you about that? Even if not you may be able to do special exercises on your own that your physical terrorist can plan for you. You say you were discussing self defense with your terrorist and I wonder if he suggested you consider carrying a small caliber gun. Do you think you would ever consider that again and would you be able to shoot one?
I'm not talking as much about collecting disability payments as I am about actually being disabled. I'm OK with collecting it now, and if I wasn't, a bunch of folks that reamed me before might again. I just want to get to the point that I can do enough myself to live where I want, not need someone there if I want to be by myself, and not have to spend my days laying on my back because I can't do a damn thing because of my chest.

My terrorist did say he'd give me some stuff I could keep on doing. Some of it I can do myself, some of it he said it would work best if someone helped me with. He mainly wants me to work on the breathing for probably the rest of my life. The other stuff I'll always have to pay attention to, but may not have structured exercises. We had another session today, he's trying to work out a way for me to get up off the floor without hurting myself. Not fun.

My shrink sunk his claws into me today, too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-27-2011, 04:58   #7894
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Oh yeah, He'll probably have ahold of me and take me with him. Silent_Runner is right, you're trying to get rid of me.

You just threw a brick at Silent_Runner?!?!? You ARE in trouble now, it's been nice knowing you.

Sweetheart, I am NOT trying to get rid of you!
Miss S_R said the same thing and I chucked a brick at her! Beaned her right in the head too!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:06   #7895
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Sweetheart, I am NOT trying to get rid of you!
Miss S_R said the same thing and I chucked a brick at her! Beaned her right in the head too!
23skidoo do you have any idea how much trouble you are in? Wolfe gave my your address and I have bats and guns. I also have syringes full of interesting drugs. Perhaps I will tie you up and inject you with truth serum and then ask you why you chase Wolfe. That would be after I teach you a lesson for throwing a brick at me.

Quote:
I'm not talking as much about collecting disability payments as I am about actually being disabled. I'm OK with collecting it now, and if I wasn't, a bunch of folks that reamed me before might again. I just want to get to the point that I can do enough myself to live where I want, not need someone there if I want to be by myself, and not have to spend my days laying on my back because I can't do a damn thing because of my chest.

My terrorist did say he'd give me some stuff I could keep on doing. Some of it I can do myself, some of it he said it would work best if someone helped me with. He mainly wants me to work on the breathing for probably the rest of my life. The other stuff I'll always have to pay attention to, but may not have structured exercises. We had another session today, he's trying to work out a way for me to get up off the floor without hurting myself. Not fun.

My shrink sunk his claws into me today, too.
Are you gong to tell us about your session with your shrink or are we going to have to come over there and pull the information out with force? You have been telling us very little lately and you know better. Stop clamming up and talk to us.
Quote:
Old 08-27-2011, 12:19   #7896
Zonny

Quote:
23skidoo do you have any idea how much trouble you are in? Wolfe gave my your address and I have bats and guns. I also have syringes full of interesting drugs. Perhaps I will tie you up and inject you with truth serum and then ask you why you chase Wolfe. That would be after I teach you a lesson for throwing a brick at me.

Sounds like you mean business.
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 16:15   #7897
BobInTX

Quote:

Are you gong to tell us about your session with your shrink or are we going to have to come over there and pull the information out with force? You have been telling us very little lately and you know better. Stop clamming up and talk to us.
Duuuudddeeee!!

Yeah, talk to us!
Old 08-27-2011, 17:53   #7898
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Old 08-27-2011, 18:45   #7899
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Sweetheart, I am NOT trying to get rid of you!: hearts:
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, you're not.

Actually I think you're trying to commit suicide-by-Silent_Runner.

Quote:
Do you really want to hear more about the crap in my head? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know better than to ask that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Sounds like you mean business.
Would YOU want to cross a nurse what bats and guns???

Here's a pic of a certain critter I thought you might enjoy. Seems she gives new meaning when she says she's 'keeping watch'.

Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Duuuudddeeee!!

: rofl:
We're going to miss Skidoo, aren't we?

Yeah, talk to us!
OK, my shrink decided to go the other way and start telling me all the reason Greg should have stayed behind cover. All the reason I've said, plus I thin he added a few more. Problem is, he didn't like it too well when I sat there and agreed with him. He was trying to piss me off the point that I started defending what Greg did, but it didn't work. I just ended up sitting there nodding my head and crying a little. It didn't go like he planned at all, and I don't think he was real happy today. Although I wonder if this might have been a set-up for something else. I hope not.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-27-2011, 19:07   #7900
BobInTX

Well, duh, he should have just asked us.

If he really wants to make you mad he should just tell you that you can't drink beer ever again.

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!