Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-17-2011, 15:19   #7861
Glock26girl
G26, G19

My older son is a P.I. and cop. He can find nearly anyone, Wolfe.... If you want some help, just send me his name and last known address.

Our precious cat has mammary tumors now and I am so sad. She is 13 and I don't want to put her through surgery, chemo, etc. We are just enjoying our time with her. She is still her funny self. Praying that she stays that way a long time.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 18:13   #7862
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Wow. Nice guy. I was wondering how you were ever going to find them. Look for the human. Need some help?

I'll be glad for the help once I'm ready to hunt him down. I may need a posse of GT'ers there to help me retrieve them.

Siameses?
Nope, generics. They're both rescues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
My older son is a P.I. and cop. He can find nearly anyone, Wolfe.... If you want some help, just send me his name and last known address.

Our precious cat has mammary tumors now and I am so sad. She is 13 and I don't want to put her through surgery, chemo, etc. We are just enjoying our time with her. She is still her funny self. Praying that she stays that way a long time.
I'll be glad to take you up on that as soon as I'm there to be able to take them when they're found. Right now I'm sure they're being taken care of, since he did love them both.

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. Mine was 12 when she had her surgery. I hope your's stay healthy for a long time too.

My doc cut back my Oxy still more today and damn, it freaking hurts! It's as if I'd forgotten what pain really felt like, but an remembering it now. I'm taking my add-ons continuously now, but they just can't do it alone. I've been laying still as much as possible, and keeping myself from thrashing around. Poor Bob and S_R's hands are getting crunched, though.

I was thinking a little about how the pain I feel right now compares to the psychological pain I feel and how it changed a few months back. For a couple years the mental pain felt heavy, undefined, a little dull although bad. Then when the psychosis started to improve the pain was sharper, more intense and defined. That's a pretty good description of what the physical pain feel like right now without all the Oxy in me dulling it.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 08-17-2011 at 18:35..
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 20:21   #7863
23skidoo
Deceased

I'm standing at your bedside Babe, offering my hand. Squeeze to your hearts content.
Old 08-17-2011, 20:21   #7864
23skidoo
Deceased

Bob, how's your F I L today?
Old 08-17-2011, 22:24   #7865
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Bob, how's your F I L today?
He's had some pretty good days lately, compared to Sunday. Now we just have to get him in the nursing home and figure out how they're going to pay for it. Property rich, cash poor.

Hang in there, Wolfe.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:52   #7866
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post

Glock25Girl I will pray that your cat stays healthy for a long time to come. Your offer to help Wolfe is very kind and I know she will take you up on it if she has to. I miss her cats too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
My doc cut back my Oxy still more today and damn, it freaking hurts! It's as if I'd forgotten what pain really felt like, but an remembering it now. I'm taking my add-ons continuously now, but they just can't do it alone. I've been laying still as much as possible, and keeping myself from thrashing around. Poor Bob and S_R's hands are getting crunched, though.

I was thinking a little about how the pain I feel right now compares to the psychological pain I feel and how it changed a few months back. For a couple years the mental pain felt heavy, undefined, a little dull although bad. Then when the psychosis started to improve the pain was sharper, more intense and defined. That's a pretty good description of what the physical pain feel like right now without all the Oxy in me dulling it.
It sounds like you are almost off the Oxycontin by now to feel the pain as you described it. I hope that means you will be on something else soon. Although the pain is sharper and more intense now does it feel like you could learn to tolerate it? You mentioned trying to get off the Schedule II narcotics and I wonder if you are anywhere close to ready for that.

Quote:
I'm standing at your bedside Babe, offering my hand. Squeeze to your hearts content.::
Be careful what you wish for 23skidoo. She squeezes hard.

Quote:
He's had some pretty good days lately, compared to Sunday. Now we just have to get him in the nursing home and figure out how they're going to pay for it. Property rich, cash poor.

Hang in there, Wolfe.
Do what he says Wolfe and hang in there.

BobInTX I will keep praying for your family's situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 18:55   #7867
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

Be careful what you wish for 23skidoo. She squeezes hard.

My Sweetheart is in pain. If squeezing my hand helps alleviate that pain; squeeze my hand until you hear the bones crack Babe.
Old 08-18-2011, 19:56   #7868
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm standing at your bedside Babe, offering my hand. Squeeze to your hearts content.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:: grouphug:
Squeezing, but not because I want to.

Quote:

Hang in there, Wolfe.
Glad to hear some good news on the home front. Just wish this was a better time to be holding property, though.

Hanging in, per your order.

Quote:
It sounds like you are almost off the Oxycontin by now to feel the pain as you described it. I hope that means you will be on something else soon. Although the pain is sharper and more intense now does it feel like you could learn to tolerate it? You mentioned trying to get off the Schedule II narcotics and I wonder if you are anywhere close to ready for that.
Learn to tolerate this? Are you insane?!? And remember, Dilaudid is also Schedule II, and I'm on that right now. I did let it wear almost off for a bit today with my doc there just to see how bad it still is. I supposed some big tough guy might have been able to take it, but not me. I was shaking and cold sweating until my doc gave me a needleful of Dilaudid. It wasn't as bad as the time I tried this around 2 years ago, though.

Quote:
My Sweetheart is in pain. If squeezing my hand helps alleviate that pain; squeeze my hand until you hear the bones crack Babe.
You really don't want me to squeeze THAT hard, do you? Then I'll have a screwed up chest and you'll have a screwed up hand. Besides, it doesn't help the pain to squeeze that hard. But thanks for the offer.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-18-2011, 21:55   #7869
BobInTX

Old 08-19-2011, 12:42   #7870
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
You are a very sweet man. I do hope your hand bones are spared by Wolfe's grip.

Quote:
Learn to tolerate this? Are you insane?!? And remember, Dilaudid is also Schedule II, and I'm on that right now. I did let it wear almost off for a bit today with my doc there just to see how bad it still is. I supposed some big tough guy might have been able to take it, but not me. I was shaking and cold sweating until my doc gave me a needleful of Dilaudid. It wasn't as bad as the time I tried this around 2 years ago, though.
That may have been a poor choice of words on my part. I understand you are not ready yet for anything mind enough to not be Schedule II. I was actually wondering if you and your doctor think you may be able to transition sometime in the future. The fact that this time is not so bad as before sounds like good progress and reason to hope you will continue to improve.

Quote:
Hello to you too. Is that all you have to say today?
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 08-19-2011, 18:04   #7871
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you had a stellar day!
Old 08-19-2011, 18:34   #7872
BobInTX

Quote:

That may have been a poor choice of words on my part. I understand you are not ready yet for anything mind enough to not be Schedule II. I was actually wondering if you and your doctor think you may be able to transition sometime in the future. The fact that this time is not so bad as before sounds like good progress and reason to hope you will continue to improve.

Hello to you too. Is that all you have to say today?
Yeah. We're working on getting my FIL in a nursing home. Not fun.

I've still been holding somebody's hand and putting something in her inbox she can post here if she wants to.
Old 08-19-2011, 19:25   #7873
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hiya.

Quote:

I've still been holding somebody's hand and putting something in her inbox she can post here if she wants to.
I'm still praying for your FIL, hope he's doing as well as can be. Do you need your hand back?

I got the pic, but can't get to my photobucket account right now. If you have a chance before I can maybe you could post. Otherwise I'll try later. Thanks for my Emily fix, she's such a little cutie.

Quote:
I'm not breaking the poor guy's hand.

OK, that makes more sense. One thing that made this hurt this bad was the timing. I just got done traveling and had a nasty URI that had me coughing for a solid week and Iím still feeling it some from that. My doc said heíd really have liked to have waited to switch me, but we both know he doesnít have much time. He doesnít want me to be shipped out before he can get me settled on pain meds that work better. That and he wants to give me one last round of steroid injections, but needs me to be on steady pain meds again before he can do that.

Iím completely off Oxy now, I didnít take one today at all. Iíve stayed maxed out on Dilaudid most of the day and of course I got my sleep cocktail on me now too. I laid down earlier thinking I could doze off and made the mistake of trying to lay face down. I used to sleep that way and I really miss being able to. I positioned my arms so my chest didnít have pressure on it, but that wasnít enough. The pains got real bad and then I couldnít roll back. I finally managed to get up, but that was the end of trying to sleep for a while.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you had a stellar day!: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Define stellar. If that's defined by feeling like someone shot me, stomped me and ran me over with an MRAP then I had a real stellar day!

I saw my shrink today and the topic of the day was the pain in my chest being this bad from the lack of Oxy. We got into how it makes me feel and how itís worn down my resistance to the point that Giving Up and his buds are saying all kinds of enticing things to me and I canít help but listen. He asked how my thoughts compared to the last time I had to go through this and I told him that while the thoughts were there they didnít seem as powerful. I mean the temptation to just give up is there and I can tell it to **** off in spite of hurting too bad to want to. I just hope itís over soon because itís getting real old real fast. And you folks have got to be sick of reading about my damn chest hurting again.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-19-2011, 19:34   #7874
23skidoo
Deceased

No Babe, we are not tired of hearing how bad your chest hurts. We are here for YOU.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:42   #7875
okie
GT Mayor

Love ya LW sweetheart, keep your chin up baby doll
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 16:32   #7876
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love ya LW sweetheart, keep your chin up baby doll: hugs:
Thank okie, love you too.

Quote:
No Babe, we are not tired of hearing how bad your chest hurts. We are here for YOU.
Thank you.

My doc made the option of going into the hospital and getting knocked out available tonight, and I'm going to take him up on it. He says he thinks the Oxy is completely out of my system by now, so I think he'll start me on something new tomorrow. I sure as hell hope so.

Saw my physical terrorsit today, he still made me do all my stuff although not quite so hard as usual. He think I'm doing really well for not being on my usual pain meds. I told him I'd be OK if I didn't have to breathe.

Nite all, and thank you for being here for me.

C'mon, Mandy..........

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-21-2011, 11:49   #7877
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

How is your father in law doing this weekend? Did you send Wolfe another picture of your darling granddaughter?

Quote:
This is the truth Wolfe. There is no reason for you to hide it if you are in pain.

Quote:
Define stellar. If that's defined by feeling like someone shot me, stomped me and ran me over with an MRAP then I had a real stellar day!

I saw my shrink today and the topic of the day was the pain in my chest being this bad from the lack of Oxy. We got into how it makes me feel and how itís worn down my resistance to the point that Giving Up and his buds are saying all kinds of enticing things to me and I canít help but listen. He asked how my thoughts compared to the last time I had to go through this and I told him that while the thoughts were there they didnít seem as powerful. I mean the temptation to just give up is there and I can tell it to **** off in spite of hurting too bad to want to. I just hope itís over soon because itís getting real old real fast. And you folks have got to be sick of reading about my damn chest hurting again.
Well Wolfe at least one of those things did happen.

It does sound like you have made great progress with the psychological issues in spite of your physical setbacks. You just keep on telling those particular demons to go away and eventually they will and we will all be glad.

Quote:
My doc made the option of going into the hospital and getting knocked out available tonight, and I'm going to take him up on it. He says he thinks the Oxy is completely out of my system by now, so I think he'll start me on something new tomorrow. I sure as hell hope so.

Saw my physical terrorsit today, he still made me do all my stuff although not quite so hard as usual. He think I'm doing really well for not being on my usual pain meds. I told him I'd be OK if I didn't have to breathe.

Nite all, and thank you for being here for me.

C'mon, Mandy..........
Your physical terrorist continuing to work you is a good sign. Your email earlier was hard to understand. Are you back on Fentanyl finally?

You are welcome for us being here and continuing to breathe is a requirement.
Quote:
Old 08-21-2011, 11:57   #7878
BobInTX

Well, I'm not sure how he is this weekend. His evil son is here this weekend so we haven't been up there. He is moving to the nursing home Monday.

Yes I sent her a pic.

Wolfe, I hope your pain regimen is working better now.
Old 08-21-2011, 13:40   #7879
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're getting knocked out again tonight so you can get some rest.
Old 08-21-2011, 17:35   #7880
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
This is the truth Wolfe. There is no reason for you to hide it if you are in pain.
I know. I just get so sick of it myself that I can't imagine that you folks aren't sick of it too.

Well Wolfe at least one of those things did happen.
You had to remind me, didn't you?

It does sound like you have made great progress with the psychological issues in spite of your physical setbacks. You just keep on telling those particular demons to go away and eventually they will and we will all be glad.
I was hoping you'd think my terrorist is a bastard and send a posse over here to beat his ass.

Your physical terrorist continuing to work you is a good sign. Your email earlier was hard to understand. Are you back on Fentanyl finally?

You are welcome for us being here and continuing to breathe is a requirement.
Yep, I woke up this morning and knew instantly I was on something. Blessed relief! Turns out he put me back on Fentanyl, but only half the strength as before. He thinks I may not need the maximum dose and he may be right. Either that or this is just so much better than the past week that I have more tolerance. Either way, I'll take it. I've been feeling crappy all day, but I think that's from just starting back on the meds and should pass soon.

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure how he is this weekend. His evil son is here this weekend so we haven't been up there. He is moving to the nursing home Monday.

Yes I sent her a pic.

Wolfe, I hope your pain regimen is working better now.
Hope things go well getting him moved, Bob. Yep, the Fentanyl is doing what it's paid to do. I was lucky, someone slapped the patch on me a while before they let me wake up, so it was already working.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're getting knocked out again tonight so you can get some rest.: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Nope, but hopefully I'll be able to sleep soon with my regular cocktail in me. Seems like it's starting to.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!