Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 18:19   #9801
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Things are rough....I really don't want to have to cook, but have no choice in the matter. I work a full 8 plus hour day, landlord works 3 days a week and refuses to lift a finger for anything else. When he does, he does things that are wrong, like throwing away the recycling bag in the regular trash...and that gets us points towards walmart gift certificates and stuff. He throws away my important papers off the table, like my insurance cards and other equally important stuff. I have to give him my entire check and he will make sure I get gas in my car...there will be no gifts for the kids, but they will live. Crystal is upset that this is her last Christmas at home and she wants it to be great, but all it takes to be great is to be together.

I am doing pretty good...I need a better back brace, I finally got a seat "doughnut" to take pressure off my spine and I use my biomed tens unit, but the 9 volt batteries die and I don't have the funds to buy more. I've had a few friends send me some help for the holidays....not sure what to get for them yet, but I can get them something small. God is good and all that matters is that we remember it's HIS son's birthday, and celebrate that correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, keep praying that the pain gets better....that's all I want for Christmas, less pain!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:53   #9802
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Things are rough....

I am doing pretty good..............

Please, keep praying that the pain gets better....that's all I want for Christmas, less pain!!!!!!!!!!!
For all the bad news, it's good to hear your back is getting better. Hopefully this week will be easier for you.

You shouldbe getting a nice cane in the mail hopefuly today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Praying for your full recovery from surgery.
Thanks, Bob. Pray for the biopsy to be negative, also.

How are you doing these days? I got a pic here I've been meaning to post, all my critters are friends now. OK, they act like friends when it suits them.

Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Thanks for posting the link LW.
Looks like an ordeal, but will be worth it.

You will be in my thoughts. Make sure you have plenty
of meds. One of my buddies had a double mastectomy/reconstruction and she said that it hurt to even
blink her eyes. That will be 10 years ago this May! While the rest of us are showing our age, she is still quite perky!

As LW mentioned, LG it's been a week. How are you?
I hope it will be. I'm nervous about it, but if it goes well, I won't need new ones every 10 years like with fakes. I've just got my fingers and toes crossed, especially that I test clean afterward. I've also got a fresh supply of my pain meds, but they better pump me full of them while I'm up there!

I haven't said anything in here for a few days because something happened that has me really upset. Not anything to do with my cancer or anything, but an incident that scared the hell out of me and almost got a lot worse. I can't go into any detail, except to say that I'm not sitting in jail. I'll just say that it was the first time in 4 years that I was wishing I had a gun on me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03   #9803
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
For all the bad news, it's good to hear your back is getting better. Hopefully this week will be easier for you.

I haven't said anything in here for a few days because something happened that has me really upset. Not anything to do with my cancer or anything, but an incident that scared the hell out of me and almost got a lot worse. I can't go into any detail, except to say that I'm not sitting in jail. I'll just say that it was the first time in 4 years that I was wishing I had a gun on me.
I second that thought. LG hopefully your back is healing and the pain is lessening.

LW I hope you aren't in any kind of danger.

What day is the surgery?
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06   #9804
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Hope al is well,......will be thinking of you, as always, this week.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:39   #9805
BobInTX

Quote:
Thanks, Bob. Pray for the biopsy to be negative, also.
Will Do.

How are you doing these days?

I got a pic here I've been meaning to post, all my critters are friends now. OK, they act like friends when it suits them.

Where'd that blue bear come from? Looks like Mandy has a new buddy.

I hope it will be. I'm nervous about it, but if it goes well, I won't need new ones every 10 years like with fakes. I've just got my fingers and toes crossed, especially that I test clean afterward. I've also got a fresh supply of my pain meds, but they better pump me full of them while I'm up there!

I'm doing well. I'm still going to PT. I don't know if it's helping, because I don't know how I'd be if I wasn't going, know what I mean? I go back to the dr next week and I'm sure he's going to release me. I got on a step stool the other day to change a light bulb, and my calves have been sore ever since. It's amazing how things hurt when you haven't used them in a while.

Mrs. Bob is doing good, also. She finished her PT. She was cleaning out the pantry the other day and dropped something on both feet, so they were bruised and hurt for a few days. She broke her right ankle and sprained her left foot stepping in a hole this summer, for those who don't know.

I'm sorry you had a fright. Glad you're OK.

Can you have someone let us know how your surgery goes? They can email me if you want and I'll post it.

Lady Glock, can you talk to your church about helping you? My church sets aside funds for this sort of thing to help its members. You need help, seek it.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 18:02   #9806
Lady Glock

I got the cane today...what a wonderful Christmas present! Thank you so much!!!

Goodness, you sure like your tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you change the bottom to the other bottom that stands?

Old 12-12-2012, 16:46   #9807
Lady Glock

I got a ticket that is going to cost me $160 or a court date. Problem is, I just started working, my entire checks go to my landlord to pay back rent (rent due since a year ago July up to present day and also present day. My job is a temp job, only going to last 6 weeks...I'm praying I get another right away so I can get this past due amount taken care of. I don't get to keep any for Christmas or birthdays coming up in January or February for the kids or for myself in April.

I just had the back surgery 3 weeks ago, so my pain in horrifyingly intense. I don't have insurance on my vehicle, so the cop was generous in not taking my car or charging me for that. Things are beyond rough and I'm praying for better times. just thought I'd share...Wish my officer would have been as nice as to have just given a warning :(

Old 12-13-2012, 02:50   #9808
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I got the cane today...what a wonderful Christmas present! Thank you so much!!!

Goodness, you sure like your tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you change the bottom to the other bottom that stands?
You're welcome, told you it was a beauty! Jeff said the same thing about it. To change the bottome piece, just pop one off and push the other on.

As for tape, it never bothers me a bit.........

Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
I got a ticket that is going to cost me $160 or a court date.........................
If there's one good thing about not being able to drive, I can't get any 'Fast Car Awards'.

Quote:
I second that thought. LG hopefully your back is healing and the pain is lessening.

LW I hope you aren't in any kind of danger.

What day is the surgery?
The immediate danger is past, unless the one person gets my address and wants to come 'chat' with me. Doesn't seem likely, though. Another type of danger still exists, but it's not physical. I'll fill in details when I can.

It's Friday. Pre-op stuff later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hope al is well,......will be thinking of you, as always, this week. : hugs:
Thank you, my friend.

Quote:
Where'd that blue bear come from? Looks like Mandy has a new buddy.

Isn't he a little cutie? He's been keeping Mandy from beating up the little kitty and that mutt! I don't know how he does it, but I like it!

I'm doing well. I'm still going to PT. I don't know if it's helping, because I don't know how I'd be if I wasn't going, know what I mean? I go back to the dr next week and I'm sure he's going to release me. I got on a step stool the other day to change a light bulb, and my calves have been sore ever since. It's amazing how things hurt when you haven't used them in a while.

I know what you mean about unused things hurting. I can barely walk these days, paying for the months of chemo when I couldn;t do squat. Glad to hear the rest of you is making progress, and Mrs Bob, too.

I'm sorry you had a fright. Glad you're OK.

Can you have someone let us know how your surgery goes? They can email me if you want and I'll post it.
I am, too. That scared me bad.

I'll see what I can do on that end. I just hope someone will tell ME how it went when I wake up.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-13-2012, 04:44   #9809
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
I haven't said anything in here for a few days because something happened that has me really upset. ...
Man.
You just can't get a break.

I hope that 2013 is a MUCH better year for you.
And for Lady Glock.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:58   #9810
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

I haven't said anything in here for a few days because something happened that has me really upset. Not anything to do with my cancer or anything, but an incident that scared the hell out of me and almost got a lot worse. I can't go into any detail, except to say that I'm not sitting in jail. I'll just say that it was the first time in 4 years that I was wishing I had a gun on me
What the heck?
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:58   #9811
sawgrass

We will all be thinking of you LW.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:00   #9812
BobInTX

Prayers up for LW and LG.
Old 12-13-2012, 16:43   #9813
Lady Glock

Lots and lots of prayers for LW...and for everyone else who needs them. I pray you are ok....and will add to those prayers that whoever caused you to feel this way IS NOT!

Old 12-13-2012, 23:49   #9814
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Man.
You just can't get a break.

I hope that 2013 is a MUCH better year for you.
And for Lady Glock.
Thank you, I hope it is too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
What the heck?
I'll tell more about it as soon as I can. How you been, Sweety?

Quote:
We will all be thinking of you LW.
Thank you. Just a few hours away, and I can't sleep. Like that's anything new.

Quote:
Prayers up for LW and LG.
Thanks, Bob. Mandy is here looking out for me, but wondering where her blue buddy is.

Quote:
Lots and lots of prayers for LW...and for everyone else who needs them. I pray you are ok....and will add to those prayers that whoever caused you to feel this way IS NOT!
Thanks, LG.

So you're saying you hope the bastard that shot me is rotting away somewhere? I can dig.

Now to make this cancer rot, too.....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-14-2012, 03:53   #9815
Lady Glock

Quote:

Thanks, LG.

So you're saying you hope the bastard that shot me is rotting away somewhere? I can dig.

Now to make this cancer rot, too.....
I'm also praying for the current situation...prayers that whoever caused you the issues you are facing now is rotting away would be a good way to put it. I hate that ANYTHING causes you emotional or physical troubles, you've been through enough!

Old 12-14-2012, 03:57   #9816
Lady Glock

Just as an update. Yesterday, I forgot my medicine for pain. I started hurting so bad my cubemate noticed. Between her and the boss, they decided it was time to take me to the infirmary (medical office at the facility I work for). It's a long walk to get there, but just as we got to the door, someone walks out with a wheelchair to get me the rest of the way in. They are worried about me taking meds on company property and insisted on a doctor's release...which I got, no problem. Anyway....long story short, my pain in bad today because I messed up yesterday...it will get better, I'm sure

Old 12-14-2012, 05:05   #9817
RussP

You have our prayers, LW!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25   #9818
sawgrass

LW you will be on my mind today.
I'm sure we will all be waiting to hear something.
Prayers for the absolute best outcome!
Old 12-14-2012, 13:56   #9819
Lady Glock

Please check in at your earliest ability! We are anxious to hear from you. Prayers abound! Gentle hugs. LG

Old 12-14-2012, 18:52   #9820
Lady Glock

So, I’m not sure what God has planned for me, but he sure is sending me to the depths of my abilities. I lost my job today, no explanation...I was keeping ahead of my duties, I finished my duties before they could find more for me to do. My heart is hurting...I wanted this job and I wanted to work. I owe for my ticket $160, I owe for new tags on my car $50, I owe rent, Christmas is here and I don’t have the meal (I guess Christmas could still be celebrated with a can of corn)...God, please help me....

Old 12-14-2012, 19:44   #9821
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

de;lete
Quote:
So, I’m not sure what God has planned for me, but he sure is sending me to the depths of my abilities. I lost my job today, no explanation...I was keeping ahead of my duties, I finished my duties before they could find more for me to do. My heart is hurting...I wanted this job and I wanted to work. I owe for my ticket $160, I owe for new tags on my car $50, I owe rent, Christmas is here and I don’t have the meal (I guess Christmas could still be celebrated with a can of corn)...God, please help me....
.delete
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 12-14-2012 at 19:44..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 20:08   #9822
sawgrass

Bob if you or anyone else hears anything, please let us know.
Jeff and Silent_Runner used to be the link here.

LW, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

LG, I'm sorry that you lost your job but the pain medication ordeal likely scared them. Hang in there.
Old 12-14-2012, 22:39   #9823
BobInTX

I haven't heard a word. I know her surgery was a long one, so she is Probably doped pretty good. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2012, 00:15   #9824
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

In my thoughts and prayers.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:19   #9825
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

hryt.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!