Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-10-2011, 22:55   #7841
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

When will you be back in the States? Next question. When are you coming to Alaska?
Old 08-11-2011, 15:24   #7842
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Wants to put hajjinet's head on a stick too. Your psychiatrist is quickly earning his own beer truck. May your Thursday be a great one!: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
So when can I expect the beer truck to arrive at my CHU

But don't worry, I'll share with my new doc and shrink. But they may be wondering why I miss a few appointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Gee, maybe if someone was saving the thread he could put it on a cd or zip drive and send it to you. **cough**engineer**cough**cough
Didn't even think of that, great idea! So are you glad my shrink didn't want to fire all of you, or were you hoping he would?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Yup. Can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
When will you be back in the States? Next question. When are you coming to Alaska?
Should be in a couple months getting Stateside. With the drawdown in Iraq they won't be able to keep me here much longer. As to when I'm coming up there, it depends on when my friend/drinking buddy/ride can get free too. But it will have to be during the warmer months because I can't breathe cold air.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 16:18   #7843
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Didn't even think of that, great idea! So are you glad my shrink didn't want to fire all of you, or were you hoping he would?
He can't fire us. We're independent contractors!

Nagging: Are you visualizing dreams?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 08-11-2011 at 16:19..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:25   #7844
gyfgyf

Hi LW,

See you soon at Stateside. Keep breathing!

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 18:19   #7845
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
He can't fire us. We're independent contractors!

Nagging: Are you visualizing dreams?
He can still try to fire you! He says he doesn't mind the help one bit because he can see you've helped. He just doesn't know how much.

Yes, I've been trying that, but so far it hasn't changed much. Those bastards still manage to shoot me most times that I go to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
That's easier said that done at times. Tonight again.

I definitely want to get to Vegas to meet you sometime.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-12-2011, 18:22   #7846
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

If you're headed to Las Vegas,......Kansas is on the way!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 19:45   #7847
engineer151515

Milestone marker.

This is the marker of where a complete set of the Lone_Wolfe thread is saved and forwarded to Ms. LW.

Everybody here hopes that a written record will bring her reflection, relief, and reminders of how cherished and loved she is.

Lone_Wolfe (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
okie

Today 19:22
by faawrenchbndr Go to last post

Number of posts 7,845

Number of views 211,841

Tags: angel soldier, back in the sandbox, beautiful prayer!, coming home, whip those demons!

This collection is saved in both HTML format and as a printed .pdf file. Altogether, it represents pages 1 through 314 (this post) saved in 944 MB (Size on disk) and 692 folders.

This is only a beginning. Like the odometer on your car, the miles behind you are just as important as the mile you are driving, which is just as important as the miles ahead of you.

User Name Posts
Lone_Wolfe 1,749
BobInTX 975
sawgrass 652
23skidoo 646
okie 496
Silent_Runner 416
engineer151515 309
Magnus2131 292
Geeorge 255
faawrenchbndr 201
Glock26girl 179
Brown Hawk 161
Tenngunner 120
MB-G26 104
DScottHewitt 96
Buki192327 90
Zonny 82
Lady Glock 70
DustyJacket 60
deadday 58
B. Somm 43
AK_Stick 34
RottnJP 34
gyfgyf 32
Beware Owner 30
Zombie Steve 27
Slobberchops 26
Bumpadrum 25
Tow/Repo 25
jilverthor 18
Angry Fist 15
m2hmghb 15
Peace Warrior 14
smokeross 14
itisbruno 12
OldLincoln 12
GamerGirl 12
ancient_serpent 12
Nicko 12
kcb 11
G1927 11
ATL Peach Girl 11
Blast 10
gemeinschaft 9
Jefs 9
Historian 9
bowbender7 8
Lone Wolf8634 8
G33 8
ryanm 7
Carolina Drifter 7
Naelbis 7
Santa CruZin 7
texasglong 7
Arquebus12 7
janice6 7
RussP 6
gollbladder13 6
tbhracing 6
Critias 6
GlockerMike 6
tous 6
Point Blanks 6
cjlandry 5
fgutie35 5
skorper 5
fmfdocglock 4
NateHodge 4
SouthernGal 4
M&P Shooter 4
SheepleNoMore 4
eXistenZ 4
mnglocker 4
trifecta 4
40 Cal Joe 4
Cajun 4
edog40 4
Mrs. G26Duck 4
eddief4 4
norm357 3
PIDDLER 3
Nestor 3
HoldHard 3
IndyGunFreak 3
Lonestar 48 3
robin303 3
Frizzen 3
MasterShake 3
Kyle1886 2
FLRon777 2
Doc8404 2
THEPOPE 2
Randolph da man 2
Daryl in Az 2
Little Joe 2
BlueMalibu 2
cphilip 2
Bill Powell 2
rhikdavis 2
clearGLOCK 2
Blitzer 2
geofri 2
DoubleDog 2
dad2thebone 2
mad.gunsmith 2
RonS 2
rockabillyrider 2
Mrs.Cicero 2
MySiK26 2
ExxoticOne 2
12131 2
the iceman 1
cornnutt 1
Berto 1
thejellster05 1
Altaris 1
KevinFACE 1
Dalton Wayne 1
Harvick 1
maybelle 1
mesteve2 1
silsby 1
xsiv4s 1
Joshhtn 1
StreetDoctor 1
c17guy 1
BobbyS 1
Drew Furst 1
dugo 1
Front Sight 1
mitchshrader 1
kendric98 1
USMCsilver 1
magnum62 1
ebm1973 1
proguncali 1
Kicking bird 1
Alphaman 1
tactical_aj88 1
blackbirdzach 1
eb31 1
JMag 1
Burn 1
bwphoto 1
Fiery Red XIII 1
Just1More 1
.264 magnum 1
OfficerChris 1
costanza187 1
DaScotsman 1
Peter95 1
FightingTiger 1
glockerbob 1
lawandorder 1
Denthead 1
John Galt 1
Glock20 10mm 1
FrogWithAGlock 1
deadite 1
byf43 1
redbaron007 1
AlanG 1
alabaster 1
223shootersc 1
packinaglock 1
JASV.17 1
gunslinger3 1
Mrs. VR 1
WolfNotSheep 1
Cheytac 1
bac1023 1
Restless28 1
Glocktastic 1
Andy P 1
Big Time 1
Cobra6 1
sfguard 1
str8tshooter 1
Ffolkes 1
billyj571 1
Denny 1
Another Miller 1
GIJOE13 1
hac55 1
capecodcowboy 1
rvrctyrngr 1
crsuribe 1
Hines57 1
The Hawk 1
69Charger 1
Glock&KimberLady 1
AstroWolf 1
Unlocked 1
exmdshooter 1
Upgrayedd 1
wallytoo 1
bocephus549 1
craig_o 1
MrsKitty 1
Foxfire5 1
floorburn_21 1
Ol Timer 1
glock19_fan 1
Gun Shark 1
nursetim 1
Jay9928 1
PinkCat33 1
southernshooter 1
Truffle8Shuffle 1
Show Thread & Close Window
engineer151515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 22:17   #7848
BobInTX

Good job!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:37   #7849
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
You're right that they aren't as bad as they were. I still have them fairly often, but hadn't had a bad one like that in a bit. In fact the last really bad one was the one where I scared us both on your living room floor. I've had a few that were kind of bad after that, but was able to walk myself to the hospital or wait them out with meds on hand. Last night's was another story, it got bad.

He also commented that he's seen some of the groups do more harm than good, and he'd say it if he thought you folks did. He said many of you people here are really special, and he meant that in a good way. Not the way that I'm 'special'.

He also was talking some more about how I made very little mental progress for almost 2 years, but have made a lot since then, even since I started being able to feel what was really in my head. He also credited a lot of that to what you folks have been writing all along, because I read it and it planted the ideas that are finally starting to sink in it not being my fault that Greg died although I still feel a lot of guilt about it. My shrink asked how often I go back and read this entire thread. My answer was "Never on this connection, I'd be there for a week trying to get the pages to load".
You did scare me with at one attack that was especially bad.

I like that your new shrink approves of outside support groups because we are here to stay no matter what he said. I hope being able to reread this entire thread does you even more good. I think you have made so much progress in the last few months that should have been made two years ago.
And you are not crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Wolfe that is an order. Keep breathing!

Quote:
Milestone marker.

This is the marker of where a complete set of the Lone_Wolfe thread is saved and forwarded to Ms. LW.

Everybody here hopes that a written record will bring her reflection, relief, and reminders of how cherished and loved she is.

Thank you for keeping this engineer151515. I never realized how many people have been in here to help Wolfe in this struggle. I would like to thank everyone of them who has had a word of wisdom or encouragement for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 18:38   #7850
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
If you're headed to Las Vegas,......Kansas is on the way!
Hmmmmmmmm, you right, it is.....

Got beer?

Quote:
Milestone marker.

This collection is saved in both HTML format and as a printed .pdf file. Altogether, it represents pages 1 through 314 (this post) saved in 944 MB (Size on disk) and 692 folders.

This is only a beginning. Like the odometer on your car, the miles behind you are just as important as the mile you are driving, which is just as important as the miles ahead of you.
I was just rereading what you wrote and realized this thread so far would have filled my first computer's hard drive more than 20 times over. How technology has changed.

Thank you again for doing this, you are really appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You did scare me with at one attack that was especially bad.

I like that your new shrink approves of outside support groups because we are here to stay no matter what he said. I hope being able to reread this entire thread does you even more good. I think you have made so much progress in the last few months that should have been made two years ago.
And you are not crazy! psycho:

Wolfe that is an order. Keep breathing!
Scared me, too. Not to mention how bad it hurt. Yeah, I know I'm way behind on the mental healing too, but not much I can do now. If I could go back in time and flush the anti-depressants I would. But if I could go back in time I'd say "No, thank you" when offered a convoy to me next base. Then I wouldn't have needed anything that came after that.

Keep breathing she says.... but she doesn't have my damn chest, and my physical terrorist making it worse! He seemed to delight in making me cry today, because he did a good job of it. Wait, my shrink did that too. Bastatds!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-13-2011, 19:15   #7851
23skidoo
Deceased

You won't have to worry about unloading a beer truck; that's for your terrorist while he's dressed in his chem gear in horrendous heat!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:30   #7852
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
You won't have to worry about unloading a beer truck; that's for your terrorist while he's dressed in his chem gear in horrendous heat!
How do you plan to keep Wolfe from intercepting the truck and drinking all the beer?

Wolfe how are you feeling today? Is your chest still in as much pain as yesterday?
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 08-14-2011 at 10:34..
Old 08-14-2011, 19:14   #7853
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
: smootchie:: iloveyou: You won't have to worry about unloading a beer truck; that's for your terrorist while he's dressed in his chem gear in horrendous heat!
You sure you want to send my doc a beer truck? He cut back my Oxy and I been laying here hurting like you don't want to know. At least he didn't take my extras, I'm eating them like candy. He said he thinks the Oxy isn't doing as much for me as it should, and he's going to switch me to a different base pain meds, but he didn't say what. I'm hoping to go back to Fentanyl, it works much better then the Oxy ever did. He's been watching what effect the different add-ons I take have on me and he said that's what made him think the Oxy has lost effect on me. He said that happens sometimes, that the patient builds tolerances to some meds much faster than others.

He also had someone here go all through my records looking for any patterns to my breathing attacks, either based on when I have them and how bad. It seems I'm more likely to have them after a couple days of taking one of the sleep cocktails that has the muscle relaxer the caused me to have to be taken off Fentanyl. That's not the only time I have them, but I have more of them after I've been taking them for a couple days until about 2 days after I switch off them than any other time. I hadn't ever really put that together because of them happening even after I switch. Doc's going to pull that cocktail out of the rotation in hopes I have less attacks.

Quote:
How do you plan to keep Wolfe from intercepting the truck and drinking all the beer?

Wolfe how are you feeling today? Is your chest still in as much pain as yesterday?
It hurts even worse, all I been able to do is lay here and whimper. And he's not going to do anything to stop me from getting the beer if he know's what's good for him. Right now I need all the pain relief I can get.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-14-2011, 21:51   #7854
BobInTX

Well, this time I'm not sure if I need to hold your hand or you need to hold mine. We are having bad days with the father in-law and dementia. I guess since Mrs Bob is here to hold mine I'll be there in spirit to hold yours. Stay strong and say your prayers. I'm saying them for you still.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:18   #7855
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

There's still beer in the fridge from her last visit, relax she doesn't drink much. I eagerly await her next visit; I want her to try Anchor Steam, I'll even help her put a few of those away.

I hope your doc finds a cocktail soon to ease your pain and allow you to sleep without a respirator on standby. Have a great day Babe.:smotchie:

Bob, all the best my friend.
Old 08-15-2011, 18:22   #7856
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Well, this time I'm not sure if I need to hold your hand or you need to hold mine. We are having bad days with the father in-law and dementia. I guess since Mrs Bob is here to hold mine I'll be there in spirit to hold yours. Stay strong and say your prayers. I'm saying them for you still.
One thing to keep in mind is that when you're holding my hand I'm holding your's right back. I'm still praying for your family. My best friend just went through this with her uncle who was like a father to her.

It's hard to stay string right now, but I'm trying. Luckily I got my work stuff caught up before my doc decided to switch out my meds. I've been pretty much incapacitated again today from this. I took some Dilaudid and it brought the pain down some, but made me queasy as all hell like it often does. When I was Stateside I almost missed Skidoo's picnic because of that effect.

I was talking to my shrink today and we got onto the subject of my stolen cats that I haven't seen in over 2 years now and I started to cry because the last time I saw them the older one had just had cancer to remove a cancerous tumor, and I don't know how she's doing today. Or if she's even still alive. We also got to talking about how for most of the last couple years that hurt, but like everything else, I couldn't feel it real clearly. Now I can, but sometimes wish I couldn't. He also said that the diagnosis that the psychosis was "almost gone" seemed a bit optimistic to him, but he can tell I've made a lot of headway in getting past it.

Quote:
There's still beer in the fridge from her last visit, relax she doesn't drink much. I eagerly await her next visit; I want her to try Anchor Steam, I'll even help her put a few of those away.

If it wasn't for all these meds I'm on you'd have had to get even more beer and still ben out. I'm looking forwars to trying the Anchot Steam.

I hope your doc finds a cocktail soon to ease your pain and allow you to sleep without a respirator on standby. Have a great day Babe.:smotchie:: iloveyou:

Bob,: grouphug: all the best my friend.
I hope so too. I'm still hoping doc puts me back on Fentanyl, but he didn't say what he has in mind. I know he better have something in mind, because I'm about to squeeze poor Bob's fingers off.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-16-2011, 12:53   #7857
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
He also had someone here go all through my records looking for any patterns to my breathing attacks, either based on when I have them and how bad. It seems I'm more likely to have them after a couple days of taking one of the sleep cocktails that has the muscle relaxer the caused me to have to be taken off Fentanyl. That's not the only time I have them, but I have more of them after I've been taking them for a couple days until about 2 days after I switch off them than any other time. I hadn't ever really put that together because of them happening even after I switch. Doc's going to pull that cocktail out of the rotation in hopes I have less attacks.

It hurts even worse, all I been able to do is lay here and whimper. And he's not going to do anything to stop me from getting the beer if he know's what's good for him. Right now I need all the pain relief I can get.
It sounds like your new doctor a pretty good idea of what you need to keep healing. Good for him for finding that connection to your breathing attacks. I hope he is right and they subside now. I know you are in a lot of pain right now but I hope net as bad as the last time you had to change your base pain meds.

Quote:
Your father in law is in my prayers.

Notice I added the in law this time.

Quote:
Are we talking about the same Lone_Wolfe?

Quote:
It's hard to stay string right now, but I'm trying. Luckily I got my work stuff caught up before my doc decided to switch out my meds. I've been pretty much incapacitated again today from this. I took some Dilaudid and it brought the pain down some, but made me queasy as all hell like it often does. When I was Stateside I almost missed Skidoo's picnic because of that effect.

I was talking to my shrink today and we got onto the subject of my stolen cats that I haven't seen in over 2 years now and I started to cry because the last time I saw them the older one had just had cancer to remove a cancerous tumor, and I don't know how she's doing today. Or if she's even still alive. We also got to talking about how for most of the last couple years that hurt, but like everything else, I couldn't feel it real clearly. Now I can, but sometimes wish I couldn't. He also said that the diagnosis that the psychosis was "almost gone" seemed a bit optimistic to him, but he can tell I've made a lot of headway in getting past it.
You made it to the picnic in spite of the pain so be glad of that much. Take it as easy as you can for right now and it should be over in a couple more days. I am holding your other hand. Please try not to break my fingers.

When you get back for good we will round up a group of GTers to find and retrieve your cats. I bet they will be so happy to see you. So will a lot of us.
Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 13:10   #7858
BobInTX

My FIL has done better the last couple of days, so the prayers are working. He will probably be moved to a nursing home sometime this week. Here we go again.

I need to switch hands.

Ah, that's better. Here's a hug, too

Tell me about your cats disappearing. I don't think I heard that story.

SR, how are you doing these days? Has your storm passed?

Last edited by BobInTX; 08-16-2011 at 13:11.. Reason: cats
Old 08-16-2011, 19:08   #7859
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
It sounds like your new doctor a pretty good idea of what you need to keep healing. Good for him for finding that connection to your breathing attacks. I hope he is right and they subside now. I know you are in a lot of pain right now but I hope net as bad as the last time you had to change your base pain meds.
No, it's not as bad as the previous time, but it still hurts like hell. This time my physical terrorist still made me do my stretches and exercises, but he did go real easy on the resistance today.

Are we talking about the same Lone_Wolfe?
The paim meds make me a cheap drunk these days.

You made it to the picnic in spite of the pain so be glad of that much. Take it as easy as you can for right now and it should be over in a couple more days. I am holding your other hand. Please try not to break my fingers.

When you get back for good we will round up a group of GTers to find and retrieve your cats. I bet they will be so happy to see you. So will a lot of us.
OK, I'm trying not to break your fingers. I been laying here trying to sleep for several hours now and have drifted off a few times only to have sharp pains wake me back up. I asked my doc today how soon I'd get a new 24/7 pain med and he said a few more days. I reminded him that I have low pain tolerance and said he didn't blame me, and that he didn't like having to do it this way, and that he wants to talk to morrow about some of my options. I hope my options are where he wants to put the Fentanyl patch.

I'll be glad as hell to see them too. Same with meeting GT'ers.

Quote:
My FIL has done better the last couple of days, so the prayers are working. He will probably be moved to a nursing home sometime this week. Here we go again.
Glad to hear some good news here. Hope he keeps getting better.

I need to switch hands.
Sorry, didn't mean to squeeze.

Ah, that's better. Here's a hug, too
back

Tell me about your cats disappearing. I don't think I heard that story.

SR, how are you doing these days? Has your storm passed?
I posted it when it happened, but I think it was in the Caturday thread. My EX-BF was taking care of my kitties when I deployed. When I went home in summer of 09 he brought them to me. That's when I found out the older one had a lump that turned out to be cancer. I had the treatment she needed done, then the EX took them back when I left to come back here. Shortly after that he disappeared. No contact and no kitties.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-16-2011, 21:13   #7860
BobInTX

Wow. Nice guy. I was wondering how you were ever going to find them. Look for the human. Need some help?

Siameses?

Last edited by BobInTX; 08-16-2011 at 21:19..

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!