Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:50   #7821
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
......I thank you for that, very much.

You're a smart cookie, you know what I meant.

The bad part about this whole deal is that it happened.
The good part about this whole deal is that you survived.
You've been through a lot, you still have a bumpy road ahead. But, just think
of wht you have accomplished and how far you have progressed since last year.

Major traumatic injuries do take time to heal, longer for some.
Now that you're 26 the body needs a bit more time to heal than a 21 year old.

faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04   #7822
BobInTX

Quote:
I tried to post this last night, but connectivity issues made it a pain...

I smile some, but it's hard when that darn physical terrorist is abusing me. Thank you

My doc told my terrorost to turn up the heat, he told me today. He said that this time around although I hurt like hell, I didn't undo much of my healing when I travelled. He compared this time to my records from my previous trips and how each time I'd lose a lot of my gains each time I traveled. He said he went all through my records and looked at the things my old doc said right before he left and he thinks I've gotten to the point that I can handle more therapy and stuff in general, that even though it hurts like hell it doesn't do any more harm like it did for a long time. We talked about things like the trouble I had driving when I was Stateside and other things I couldn't do or hurt really bad to try and he said a lot of things would probably always be painful for me, but I should be able to do more things than I can now.

He also said he thinks the pain meds I take aren't doing as well at releiving my pain as they should. He tested that theory a little by pinching and poking me some (with my permission) and watching my reaction and asking how it felt. He seemed to have a good point, because even though I'm on Oxy 24/7 it doesn't block out lesser pain completely. I think he's going to try switching out my pain meds, hopefully back to Fentanyl or something that does me more good. It may also be a case of me having to get used to being in this much pain all the time, but I hope not.

I thank you for that, very much.
Sounds like that little surgery you had might have done you some good. I'm like Skidoo, I thought the Fentanyl was causing some of the stopping breathing problems.

Work hard on your PT, and if you need to just cuss out those Afghanis who did this to you.

Well, I'm back in the real world now. Unfortunately, our old problems are still here. My wife's dad is still in the hospital and is still confused. He has also started eating less in the last two days.

I'm going to post some pictures of our trip here in a bit.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:10   #7823
BobInTX

Here is the sunset the first night we were in Maui

Okie Memorial Area

Here is the view from our Lanai

Okie Memorial Area

This is our view from Bubba Gump's restaurant in Lahaina

Okie Memorial Area
Old 08-08-2011, 09:16   #7824
BobInTX

Okie Memorial Area

These next two are at Haleakala Crater

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

And one last time by the beach before we had to come home...

Okie Memorial Area
Old 08-08-2011, 18:05   #7825
Glock26girl
G26, G19

It is so good to hear that you made it back in one piece...and that you like your new doctors. I'm in agreement with SR that it would be great if you didn't have to work so much and irritate your injuries. It sounds like being able to go more at your own pace while stateside helped you physically. It is super encouraging that you could just fall asleep without your cocktail! That could never have happened a year ago. Despite the constant pain, it sounds like you are in such a better place emotionally and physically, Wolfe. As ever, we all love you. We won't stop praying for your full recovery and for God's wisdom for your new docs in their decision-making concerning every facet of your treatment. Gentle hugs...where are the emoticons?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 18:13   #7826
engineer151515

Nice pics, Bob
Thanks for sharing
Gives us all the opportunity to dream away for just a moment.
engineer151515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 19:42   #7827
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you LW sweetheart. Keep your chin up honey: hearts:: hugs:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sweetheart, I think the fentanyl would do more harm than good, it interferes with your sleep cocktail and has stopped your breathing in the past. Be careful what you wish for Babe.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
You mean I can't still wish sometimes that I WOULD just stop breathing permanently? Actually it was the steroid injections that caused a lot of my breathing problems, and the Fentanyl only reacts with one of the sleep cocktails I use in rotation. For a while it was one that worked good, but not so much anymore. I'd gladly quit using that one to get back on the Fentanyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
You're a smart cookie, you know what I meant.

The bad part about this whole deal is that it happened.
The good part about this whole deal is that you survived.
You've been through a lot, you still have a bumpy road ahead. But, just think
of wht you have accomplished and how far you have progressed since last year.

26, eh? I'd love to have that time capsule!

I sure wish there was a way to smooth out some of the bumps, they hurt! Literal and figurative bumps. You're right about making progress. I know I still got a long way to go that it seems like I'll never get there, but at least I'm not still completely incapacitated like I was 2+ years ago. In fact it was 2 years ago this month that I found out I was allergic to the anti-depressants and phychotic because of them. Ugh, what a nightmare. Pun intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Sounds like that little surgery you had might have done you some good. I'm like Skidoo, I thought the Fentanyl was causing some of the stopping breathing problems.

Work hard on your PT, and if you need to just cuss out those Afghanis who did this to you.

Trust me, I do that already. Cuss those Afghani bastards, that is. Skidoo writes funny stories of taking revenge on the ****stain that shot me. Too bad they aren't GT-safe for the most part, because those Afghanis usually end up wishing they'd never even seen me, let alone shot me!

Well, I'm back in the real world now. Unfortunately, our old problems are still here. My wife's dad is still in the hospital and is still confused. He has also started eating less in the last two days.
Glad you made it back safe. Sounds like we need to ramp up the prayers for your FIL.

I'm going to post some pictures of our trip here in a bit.
Great pics, thanks for showing them to us! Now how about posting the full-size version of your avatar?

My doc agrees that the repair seems to be holding good this time. Too bad it didn't the first time, but they had to do a lot more extensive repair the first time, and I haven't exactly been able to just rest and let it heal. That's one thing my doc doesn't like at all, but he seems to understand why I'm here. At least he hasn't threatened to yank my medical clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
It is so good to hear that you made it back in one piece...and that you like your new doctors. I'm in agreement with SR that it would be great if you didn't have to work so much and irritate your injuries. It sounds like being able to go more at your own pace while stateside helped you physically. It is super encouraging that you could just fall asleep without your cocktail! That could never have happened a year ago. Despite the constant pain, it sounds like you are in such a better place emotionally and physically, Wolfe. As ever, we all love you. We won't stop praying for your full recovery and for God's wisdom for your new docs in their decision-making concerning every facet of your treatment. Gentle hugs...where are the emoticons?
You, me, Silent_Runner, my docs and everyone else agree that Iíd heal much faster if I could just lay around and not have to work. I know Iíd be way ahead of where I am now if that was an option, but I also need the medical care Iím getting here, so here I stay. For a couple more months, anyway. Doing almost nothing during my leave had to have helped, although getting sick and coughing so much sure didnít. I was really worried that I was going to tear something loose, especially where Iíd just had more repair work done. I got lucky and it held, that made all the difference.

I noticed that when I first started actually feeling the thing I couldnít for a couple years it was just too much and I had to either shut it off completely or it would overrun me. Iíve gotten better at shutting it mostly off and letting a little out, it that makes sense. My new shrink told me that my thoughts and feelings about everything are actually pretty much normal now. He said he can tell the guilt doesnít Ďowní me anymore, although itís still there. Iím working on doing what Skidooís sister called ďfinding a place in your heart that it can fitĒ. Itís not easy, and still hurts like hell. I guess falling asleep without my cocktail isnít going to happen every night just yet, I couldnít tonight. At least I feel like the cocktail is finally about to knock me out. The hugs are in the same place as every, but Iím at the smiley limit for this post, so youíll have to know Iím hugging you anyway.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 20:09   #7828
BobInTX

" Sounds like we need to ramp up the prayers for your FIL."

Yes, indeedy. He's being a real pain, even though he doesn't realize it. He is obsessing over little things, like comparing his food to the list of food they put on his tray. They have been taking the list off his tray but forgot tonight. He must have read the thing twenty times while I was there tonight. You have to actually walk out of the room while he is calling after you because he won't let you leave otherwise. It's really tough to do. My wife can't do it. And after all that he didn't eat squat today. This morning they were trying to draw blood and he actually slapped their hands so they couldn't do it. Please pray for his mind to get better.

ETA: Oh, and when I turn 80 would somebody please just shoot me? I have 26 years left.

Last edited by BobInTX; 08-08-2011 at 20:12..
Old 08-08-2011, 20:54   #7829
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! No ma'am, you are not to listen to Giving Up and wish you would quit breathing permanently. You have come much too far to listen to the demons now! You are well on your way to giving those demons an eviction order and getting on with your life here in the U.S. The Miss Lone tour of America awaits. Friends and beer Babe.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49   #7830
BobInTX

Quote:
Great pics, thanks for showing them to us! Now how about posting the full-size version of your avatar?
Well, since you asked...

It's been a fast 6 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  
Old 08-09-2011, 11:26   #7831
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Help, help, help...I have a message in Tech talk that nobody seems to be willing to help with. anyone with tech savvy...please help!! The keys are working fine here, I don't know what to do?!!!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 14:02   #7832
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
My doc told my terrorost to turn up the heat, he told me today. He said that this time around although I hurt like hell, I didn't undo much of my healing when I travelled. He compared this time to my records from my previous trips and how each time I'd lose a lot of my gains each time I traveled. He said he went all through my records and looked at the things my old doc said right before he left and he thinks I've gotten to the point that I can handle more therapy and stuff in general, that even though it hurts like hell it doesn't do any more harm like it did for a long time. We talked about things like the trouble I had driving when I was Stateside and other things I couldn't do or hurt really bad to try and he said a lot of things would probably always be painful for me, but I should be able to do more things than I can now.

He also said he thinks the pain meds I take aren't doing as well at releiving my pain as they should. He tested that theory a little by pinching and poking me some (with my permission) and watching my reaction and asking how it felt. He seemed to have a good point, because even though I'm on Oxy 24/7 it doesn't block out lesser pain completely. I think he's going to try switching out my pain meds, hopefully back to Fentanyl or something that does me more good. It may also be a case of me having to get used to being in this much pain all the time, but I hope not.
This sounds like some excellent news. I was very concerned about how much harm the coughing was doing but it sounds like it was less than we thought at the time. I know it was painful for you. You said you gave your doctor permission to pinch you so I wonder if he is good looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Nice pics, Bob
Thanks for sharing
Gives us all the opportunity to dream away for just a moment.
This is what I was thinking.

Quote:
You mean I can't still wish sometimes that I WOULD just stop breathing permanently? .
No you may NOT think that! You put those thoughts out of your mind for good.

Quote:
" Please pray for his mind to get better.

ETA: Oh, and when I turn 80 would somebody please just shoot me? I have 26 years left.
I will pray for your father but I refuse to shoot you. Deal?

Quote:
Well, since you asked...

What a darling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 14:24   #7833
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

I will pray for your father but I refuse to shoot you. Deal?

Father IN-LAW. My father died when I was 13.

Alright, don't shoot me. But if I still know you then will you be my nurse?
What a darling.
Thank you.
Old 08-09-2011, 18:43   #7834
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
............ Please pray for his mind to get better.

Prayers going up for his mind and body.

Shoot you??? Then who's going to shoot me and put me out of my misery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! No ma'am, you are not to listen to Giving Up and wish you would quit breathing permanently. You have come much too far to listen to the demons now! You are well on your way to giving those demons an eviction order and getting on with your life here in the U.S. The Miss Lone tour of America awaits. Friends and beer Babe.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Beer is good. Friends are good. Beer is real good............

I still wanted to listed to that demon tonight, I had a nasty breathing attack that started while I was getting ready to leave the DFAC. I started having spasms on one side of my chest and before I knew it I could hardly breathe. I went in and got gassed and doped up, but I'm feeling it still. My new doc was still there and he got to see a breathing attack first-hand. He didn't look very pleased.

Quote:
Well, since you asked...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

She looks like she's saying "Come on world, here I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Help, help, help...I have a message in Tech talk that nobody seems to be willing to help with. anyone with tech savvy...please help!! The keys are working fine here, I don't know what to do?!!!!
I see you got it fixed OK, glad of that. for you, my friend.

Quote:
This sounds like some excellent news. I was very concerned about how much harm the coughing was doing but it sounds like it was less than we thought at the time. I know it was painful for you. You said you gave your doctor permission to pinch you so I wonder if he is good looking.: whistling:
He's OK looking, but not droolworthy. He would be better looking if he smiled more, which he doesn't do around me. I'm also relieved that I didn't tear the whole inside of my chest loose while I had that URI. It sure felt like I did, and I still feel pain from it sometimes. I think the residual problems from that might be what set off tonight's breathing attack.

No you may NOT think that! You put those thoughts out of your mind for good.

Easier said than done......

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-10-2011, 09:41   #7835
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Thank you.Father IN-LAW. My father died when I was 13.

Alright, don't shoot me. But if I still know you then will you be my nurse?
My apologies. I was trying to hurry back to work and missed the obvious. I'm so sorry about your father's early passing.

Quote:
Shoot you??? Then who's going to shoot me and put me out of my misery?

I still wanted to listed to that demon tonight, I had a nasty breathing attack that started while I was getting ready to leave the DFAC. I started having spasms on one side of my chest and before I knew it I could hardly breathe. I went in and got gassed and doped up, but I'm feeling it still. My new doc was still there and he got to see a breathing attack first-hand. He didn't look very pleased.

No one is going to shoot you if we can help it. You will just have to get better.

I had hope your breathing attacks were in the past. It does sound like they are happening a lot less than they were which is very good. I would not have been pleased either to see that. I just hope your new doctor can help you get past these attacks. Has he said anything more about changes to your treatment?

You will need something a lot stronger than that couch to hide behind if you keep thinking about giving up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:05   #7836
BobInTX

Wassup?
Old 08-10-2011, 19:39   #7837
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
No one is going to shoot you if we can help it.
I was afraid of that.

You will just have to get better.
I'm trying.

I had hope your breathing attacks were in the past. It does sound like they are happening a lot less than they were which is very good. I would not have been pleased either to see that. I just hope your new doctor can help you get past these attacks. Has he said anything more about changes to your treatment?

You will need something a lot stronger than that couch to hide behind if you keep thinking about giving up.
You're right that they aren't as bad as they were. I still have them fairly often, but hadn't had a bad one like that in a bit. In fact the last really bad one was the one where I scared us both on your living room floor. I've had a few that were kind of bad after that, but was able to walk myself to the hospital or wait them out with meds on hand. Last night's was another story, it got bad.

If GT had a :bunker: smiley I'd hide in that after I say what I'm thinking at times.

Quote:

Wassup?

Saw my shrink again today, we talked about several things. One thing he mentioned was you folks helping me. At first I thought he was going to disapprove, but he kind of chuckled and said this was far from the first time he'd seen something like it. He did say that it happening on a gun forum of all places made him do a double-take because of what happened to start it all, but that he's seen support groups form to help someone before and he thinks most of them do help the person they're intended to along with others in the group. He said he read my previous shrink's notes about it and even looked here himself and thinks you fall into that group.

He also commented that he's seen some of the groups do more harm than good, and he'd say it if he thought you folks did. He said many of you people here are really special, and he meant that in a good way. Not the way that I'm 'special'.

He also was talking some more about how I made very little mental progress for almost 2 years, but have made a lot since then, even since I started being able to feel what was really in my head. He also credited a lot of that to what you folks have been writing all along, because I read it and it planted the ideas that are finally starting to sink in it not being my fault that Greg died although I still feel a lot of guilt about it. My shrink asked how often I go back and read this entire thread. My answer was "Never on this connection, I'd be there for a week trying to get the pages to load".

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-10-2011, 20:21   #7838
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Wants to put hajjinet's head on a stick too. Your psychiatrist is quickly earning his own beer truck. May your Thursday be a great one!
Old 08-10-2011, 21:20   #7839
BobInTX

Gee, maybe if someone was saving the thread he could put it on a cd or zip drive and send it to you. **cough**engineer**cough**cough
Old 08-10-2011, 22:13   #7840
engineer151515

Quote:
Gee, maybe if someone was saving the thread he could put it on a cd or zip drive and send it to you. **cough**engineer**cough**cough
Yup. Can do.
engineer151515 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!