Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 13:54   #9776
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
So, does this help you get treatment, or just more bureaucratic BS?
This was to determine is she qualifies for disability benefits.

Quote:
Lone_Wolfe had too much to drink and got up on the table and... Oh, wait, I'm not supposed to tell that.

We went out to eat at this Tex-Mex place. The waiter brought our food and served Mrs. Bob her grilled catfish. While he was in the process of doing this, the rack holding Lone_Wolfe's and my fajitas collapsed, sending our food to the floor, still sizzling. Fortunately, we had already consumed mass quantities of tortilla chips and hot sauce. Oh, and margaritas.

Thankfully, they constantly make fajitas, so we had new plates in 4-5 minutes.

I am glad you both got yo meet and enjoyed each others company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Glad you had a good time and made it back in one piece!
I agree.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 14:47   #9777
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
So, does this help you get treatment, or just more bureaucratic BS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
This was to determine is she qualifies for disability benefits.

I am glad you both got yo meet and enjoyed each others company.
She's right, my employer's insurance company requires people to apply for SSD when we go on long term disability. That was a part of that, the disability determination office wanted that exam, so they scheduled and paid for it.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:40   #9778
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Is anyone in here in AL or GA? I need to find someone near me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25   #9779
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Is anyone in here in AL or GA? I need to find someone near me.
I'm outside of Savannah

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 13:50   #9780
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I'm .........
Hi there, how you feeling today?

I'm trying to find someone closer to me, if possible. May contact you later if I need to. This has to do with the gun I found a few weeks ago.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-29-2012, 15:03   #9781
Lady Glock

Quote:
Hi there, how you feeling today?

I'm trying to find someone closer to me, if possible. May contact you later if I need to. This has to do with the gun I found a few weeks ago.
I think my nerves are waking up. My lower legs are really bothering me. Not sure what to do to make them better. The only thing I've found that works so far is to lay down with a pillow bewteen the legs to align the hips. Any suggestions appreciated. The doctor redid my script that says I can have my meds ever 4 hours instead of ever 8 and now the insurance won't allow me to refill as they say it's too soon. I'm about to run out and I start working on Monday. It's going to get bad...but I'm just going to pray that God covers me and gets me through the day wtihout breaking down in tears, Please...if you are a praying sort...please pray with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the other issue...contact me if you need...I will do what I can to help. Wish I was even closer than I am...I would LOVE to meet you and gently hug my new friend.

God bless, and hugs and loves!!

Last edited by Lady Glock; 12-06-2012 at 03:46.. Reason: removing info
Old 12-02-2012, 19:37   #9782
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I think my nerves are waking up. My lower legs are really bothering me. Not sure what to do to make them better. The only thing I've found that works so far is to lay down with a pillow bewteen the legs to align the hips. Any suggestions appreciated. The doctor redid my script that says I can have my meds ever 4 hours instead of ever 8 and now the insurance won't allow me to refill as they say it's too soon. I'm about to run out and I start working on Monday. It's going to get bad...but I'm just going to pray that God covers me and gets me through the day wtihout breaking down in tears, Please...if you are a praying sort...please pray with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the other issue...contact me if you need...I will do what I can to help. Wish I was even closer than I am...I would LOVE to meet you and gently hug my new friend.

God bless, and hugs and loves!!
That sounds like good news on the nerves, and on starting the job Monday. Now we just got to play the meds and other issues get worked out for you.

I wish I could meet you, too. As for the gun issue, that's still in limbo. I haven't heard back from the friend I sent to in a couple of days. I'm not sure if she picked it up yet. I did think of another solution, just get a ride to a gun store and sell it to them. I don't look forward to going in one, but as long as they don'y have AK-47's on the wall I should be OK. Plus I'll get at least a little money for it, instead of just giving it away like I intended to.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 12-06-2012 at 12:29..
Old 12-02-2012, 19:50   #9783
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:05   #9784
BobInTX

Quote:
That sounds like good news on the nerves, and on starting the job Monday. Now we just got to play the meds and other issues get worked out for you.

I wish I could meet you, too. As for the gun issue, that's still in limbo. I haven't heard back from the friend I sent to in a couple of days. I'm not sure if she picked it up yet. I did think of another solution, just get a ride to a gun store and sell it to them. I don't look forward to going in one, but as long as they don'y have AK-47's on the wall I should be OK. Plus I'll get at least a little money for it, instead of just giving it away like I intended to.
Good luck today, Lady Glock.

LW, selling is a good option. Those AK's are not going to hurt you sitting on the wall. Just don't go by yourself.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:02   #9785
sawgrass

Lady Glock how did it go?
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:45   #9786
Lady Glock

It's been very hard on me. I wear a brace but it isn't the one the doctors wanted me to wear. It's the only one they will let me have at this point. It keeps me on my feet without having to use the cane, but by the end of the day, I am ready to fall out of the brace and collapse. I still get to come home to cook dinner...nobody is willing to help with that, but I can't expect my kids to do it as they don't know how to cook edible meals. They cook things like mac and cheese with canned vegies....they love it, but the landlord won't eat it. Anyway, I'm hurting, but I pray it gets better soon so I can feel like I'm surviving the end of the work day.

It will get getter...God has always been good, I don't expect he will stop now.

Thank you so much for asking.
God Bless!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 21:09   #9787
sawgrass

Quote:
It's been very hard on me. I wear a brace but it isn't the one the doctors wanted me to wear. It's the only one they will let me have at this point. It keeps me on my feet without having to use the cane, but by the end of the day, I am ready to fall out of the brace and collapse. I still get to come home to cook dinner...nobody is willing to help with that, but I can't expect my kids to do it as they don't know how to cook edible meals. They cook things like mac and cheese with canned vegies....they love it, but the landlord won't eat it. Anyway, I'm hurting, but I pray it gets better soon so I can feel like I'm surviving the end of the work day.

God Bless!!!
LadyG, the stress of a new job is generally enough. You have every right to feel frustrated. You are in pain, you have new expectations placed upon you and according to your post still expected to perform your duties at home.

Take a few minutes and do something for yourself. You might be surprised what a cold beer IN/DURING a hot shower can do for a girl. Hopefully your pain will subside as you heal. I suspect any favorite beverage will work if you aren't a drinker. I make sure that I buy beer for the occasion that I can't really afford.

LW, how are you?

Life continues to present opportunities to me to apply insight that I've gained from you to hopefully help other vets. I pray every day that I don't say anything stupid as
I don't have the experience to gauge their true situation.
Old 12-04-2012, 22:50   #9788
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post

How's your back healing, Magnus? Getting any better?

Quote:
Good luck today, Lady Glock.

LW, selling is a good option. Those AK's are not going to hurt you sitting on the wall. Just don't go by yourself.
Does it count as hurting me if I panic and drop dead of a heart attack?

Quote:

God Bless!!!
You've gotten through 2 days, that's a start! I just wish Ranger would help you with the cooking, so you could rest.

I have a dumb question for you, why can't you use a cane at work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post

LW, how are you?

Life continues to present opportunities to me to apply insight that I've gained from you to hopefully help other vets. I pray every day that I don't say anything stupid as
Just don't ask them what it's like to get shot, and you should be OK.

I'm doing OK, trying to get myself ready for my surgery next week. It's a complicated one, 8 to 10 hours under the knife. I won't lie, it's got me kinda nervous. Plus, it's got a long recovery time afterward.

On the subject of people needing god thoughts and prayers, please send some up for Silent_Runner. Her issues have been worse lately, she really needs them.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-05-2012, 04:31   #9789
Lady Glock

Quote:
LadyG, the stress of a new job is generally enough. You have every right to feel frustrated. You are in pain, you have new expectations placed upon you and according to your post still expected to perform your duties at home.

Take a few minutes and do something for yourself. You might be surprised what a cold beer IN/DURING a hot shower can do for a girl. Hopefully your pain will subside as you heal. I suspect any favorite beverage will work if you aren't a drinker. I make sure that I buy beer for the occasion that I can't really afford.

LW, how are you?

I wish I could enjoy a mixed drink while in the shower/tub at the end of the day. I love pina coladas, strawberry daquiries, marguaritas etc...but can't get them until I'm caught up on over a year worth of rent. I'm not allowed to buy myself something like that at this time. I know that would just relax me into nearly comatose condition (in a good way). One day, I will be in a position to make myself comfortable and content. I'll make sure to lift one in honor of you and our miss wolfe!

Getting ready for work...hope you all have a fabulous day.
God bless....

Last edited by Lady Glock; 12-06-2012 at 03:44.. Reason: removing info
Old 12-05-2012, 04:37   #9790
Lady Glock

Quote:
You've gotten through 2 days, that's a start! I just wish Ranger would help you with the cooking, so you could rest.

I have a dumb question for you, why can't you use a cane at work?
They are not aware I had back surgery so if I used a cane it could potentially cost me my job. I still would love to have the one to use around the house and while shopping...the brace is a little binding and can be uncomfortable.

Ranger is not a cook yet....I try to get her to watch and help, but she isn't interested. I worry about her future spouse...it may not last long if she doesn't take some initiative and learn how to cook soon. I just wish she would have learned earlier so she could help with meals now that I need a break. I will just keep trudging along, and hoping it doesn't make me falter.

Off to work....God bless, and gentle hugs to my friends who need them.

Last edited by Lady Glock; 12-06-2012 at 03:44.. Reason: removing info
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31   #9791
sawgrass

LW, Is this your breast surgery? What's supposed to happen?

LG considering your history, do you think it's the best idea to post even your first name on the interwebz? It's tempting because it conveys sincerity, but isn't necessary.

Last edited by sawgrass; 12-05-2012 at 08:34..
Old 12-05-2012, 18:37   #9792
Lady Glock

Quote:

LG considering your history, do you think it's the best idea to post even your first name on the interwebz? It's tempting because it conveys sincerity, but isn't necessary.
You are probably right...I just want to be a friend and I've failed miserably at that towards some people...and I don't know how to make it up to them.

Old 12-05-2012, 22:11   #9793
sawgrass

Quote:
You are probably right...I just want to be a friend and I've failed miserably at that towards some people...and I don't know how to make it up to them.
Life presents us with the gift of 'choice'. We all make mistakes. As long as you learn the lesson and move on, you've done what you can.

Earlier while eating a rushed dinner at work, I thought about you and wondered if you cook with a crock pot.
I had some really good beef stroganoff that required very little effort.

LW???
Old 12-05-2012, 23:25   #9794
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
They are not aware I had back surgery so if I used a cane it could potentially cost me my job. I still would love to have the one to use around the house and while shopping...the brace is a little binding and can be uncomfortable.

Ranger is not a cook yet....I try to get her to watch and help, but she isn't interested. I worry about her future spouse...it may not last long if she doesn't take some initiative and learn how to cook soon. I just wish she would have learned earlier so she could help with meals now that I need a break. I will just keep trudging along, and hoping it doesn't make me falter.

Off to work....God bless, and gentle hugs to my friends who need them.
Please send me your address. And take your name out of your post for your own safety. We don't need it to care about you.

Quote:
Yes, it's a double mastectomy and reconstruction. It's a long surgery, not a simple repair job. Here's a link that explains it. http://www.breastflap.com/reconstruc...escription.cfm

Quote:
I've done the same thing many times over, even here on GT. At times I wish I had a reset button for life events, but if I did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Quote:
Life presents us with the gift of 'choice'. We all make mistakes. As long as you learn the lesson and move on, you've done what you can.

Earlier while eating a rushed dinner at work, I thought about you and wondered if you cook with a crock pot.

LW???
I agree with that to a point. If it's possible to make amends without hurting someone more, then I think it should be done. Sometimes all you can do is apologize, and mean it, even if you know the other person won't accept it.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49   #9795
Lady Glock

Quote:

removed my name from every post I could...there is one post that quotes me and has my name on it...if I could get LW to please edit that , I would appreciate it

Old 12-06-2012, 03:54   #9796
Lady Glock

Quote:

LW???
I cook with a crockpot, I'm just severely low on supplies right now. Still, the pain from preparing the meal is there and forces me to notice it...I just want someone in my family to say "I bet mom could use a break, lets cook something to help" ... or for the landlord to say "I bet she hurts, I could order a pizza so she didn't have to cook tonight"

Naw...I'm just having a dream, someone pinch me so I can come back to reality!!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:31   #9797
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
removed my name from every post I could...there is one post that quotes me and has my name on it...if I could get LW to please edit that , I would appreciate it
Done!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-07-2012, 22:15   #9798
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I cook with a crockpot, I'm just severely low on supplies right now. Still, the pain from preparing the meal is there and forces me to notice it...I just want someone in my family to say "I bet mom could use a break, lets cook something to help" ... or for the landlord to say "I bet she hurts, I could order a pizza so she didn't have to cook tonight"

Naw...I'm just having a dream, someone pinch me so I can come back to reality!!
Well by now you've made it through your first week back at work. Hopefully you'll feel better next week. You should be getting a really nice cane on Monday.

Hope everyone is doing OK. I'm just sitting here tipping a few, trying not to think about my surgery next week.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-08-2012, 03:36   #9799
sawgrass

Thanks for posting the link LW.
Looks like an ordeal, but will be worth it.

You will be in my thoughts. Make sure you have plenty
of meds. One of my buddies had a double mastectomy/reconstruction and she said that it hurt to even
blink her eyes. That will be 10 years ago this May! While the rest of us are showing our age, she is still quite perky!

As LW mentioned, LG it's been a week. How are you?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39   #9800
BobInTX

Quote:
Well by now you've made it through your first week back at work. Hopefully you'll feel better next week. You should be getting a really nice cane on Monday.

Hope everyone is doing OK. I'm just sitting here tipping a few, trying not to think about my surgery next week.
Praying for your full recovery from surgery.

Lady Glock, keep the faith. Sounds like you're turning a corner.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!