GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-03-2011, 20:03   #7801
Zonny

Yeah!! I was hoping for a different opinion as to your injuries and treatment. This may be just what you needed.

Last edited by Zonny; 08-03-2011 at 20:03..
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 21:53   #7802
BobInTX

Well, its nice to know you're needed on the job. Be sure and return the favor.

I'm with Zonny. A new pair of eyes might help. Cat.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:06   #7803
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

You got me stumped there.....

Oh, and

Goes back the Homer's the Iliad and Odyssey and before the Trojan wars.

Before Paris swept Helen-of-Troy off of her feet and carried her off to Troy, the kings of the different Greek states were fussing and fighting over who would have the honor of marrying the beautiful Helen. It was a political showdown - because the king that married Helen would invariably be jumped upon by the other kings and fuss and fight among each other. So they tried to build alliances - in order that Helen's groom would not be beaten up by the others.

Sly as a fox Odysseus basically offered front-runner Menelaus his support if Odysseus would receive the same for marrying Penelope (Helen's twin sister - not being fought over at that moment). Deal done and Odysseus married Penelope - taking her off the market - so to speak.

Turned out, Penelope was not only a beautiful catch, she was a very loyal wife - fending off suitors for 10 years while her husband got lost trying to make his way back from Troy. There is a happy ending. That story is the Odyssey.

All this relates the discussions of your beauty and your personal Odyssey.
Probably would have made more sense had we talked over several beers.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51   #7804
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I was too, until I got to work today. To say the guy who covered for me left a mess would be an understatement. I was so tired last night I fell asleep for a couple hours without my meds, and bet I could do the same tomight. I'll make damn sure I take my Xanax though, you don't want to hear about how I woke up last night. Mandy's none too happy with me right now either.

OK. I'll keep posting if you folks do too. I had another long day today, but I did get to the hospital to meet my new doc. He seems pretty good, and didn't throw a fit about having me as his patient, so it should work out OK. I went in and was sitting in the exam room when he walks in and just stops and looks at me for a minute. He finally says "I've heard of you". I asked him if that was good or bad and he said it depends on how you look at it. Then he said he'd gone all through my records and could see why I was called Cat. He also told me that he had some thoughts on which direction he wanted to go with my treatment, and he's having another MRI done on me to check some things. He made the comment that he thinks he might have done some things different than my old doc, but made sure I knew he wasn't criticizing. I told him I was open to some new ideas if it helped my chest quit hurting so much.
These changes in your sleep sound like they are starting to happen more often and for the better. Please let us know if it keeps happening.

We intend to keep posting so you may as well plan to also. I would like to hear more about what your new doctor is thinking. Does he plan to do any more than change your meds? Have you met your new shrink yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post

You called her Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

I think Wolfe plans to make sure you have that chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 19:20   #7805
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I am nuts for you my dear.: hearts: I'm sorry the dude covering for you left you such a mess. Your new doc sounds okay.: thumbsup: I hope it cools down soon.
Yep, nuts..... I knew it and now I have proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Yeah!! I was hoping for a different opinion as to your injuries and treatment. This may be just what you needed. : woohoo:
I just hope he doesn't think he has to go in and redo any repairs already done. I did see him today, but just for long enough to get some meds for breathing problems I was having. He was on his way out, but he stopped in to see me before he left. He asked me a few questions and looked me over a little before leaving me in the hands of the evening crew.

Quote:

Considering I'm responsible for this AO, who would I return the favor to? I don't want to make my job any harder than it is right now. Although I've been really lucky, this job has been easy for me and gives me the time I need for all my appointments usually. These last couple days have been the exception.

Who's this Cat you're talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
: )
Hmmmmmm, interesting. Glad you think I'm beautiful, too. Silent_Runner is right, I sure hope conversations over several beers can be arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
These changes in your sleep sound like they are starting to happen more often and for the better. Please let us know if it keeps happening.
That can be arranged.

We intend to keep posting so you may as well plan to also. I would like to hear more about what your new doctor is thinking. Does he plan to do any more than change your meds? Have you met your new shrink yet?
Doc hasn't said anything more specific about his plans yet. I did meet my new shrink today, just for a minute. I'm supposed to see him tomorrow.

You called her Cat.: wow:: couch:
Yeah, and just because he got away with it don't think you can. I know where YOU live.

I think Wolfe plans to make sure you have that chance.
You're right.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 19:22   #7806
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Hey LW,

The 'shrimp are running' around here. Gonna either force my brother to go 'shrimping & fishing' this weekend, or I'm gonna have to go by myself. If you were here, we could fool some speckled trout into eating live shrimp with hooks just past the breakers off the pier at JAX BCH.

Even so, depending on what you like, fishing around here is pretty much year round. Give me a couple two or three days head's up before you get here and we'll go fishing somewhere regardless of the time of year.

Stay on top of things girl.

Your friend,

PW
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 21:18   #7807
Doc8404
Master Chief

IF i'm reading this correctly, you still have some significant medical conditions, yet they sent you back to Iraq???
Old 08-05-2011, 07:54   #7808
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc8404 View Post
IF i'm reading this correctly, you still have some significant medical conditions, yet they sent you back to Iraq???
She gets a level of care there that they don't feel she could get in the states. She would most likely be an outpatient in the states, and that wouldn't be good because she could possibly have an emotional breakdown and not be close enough to assistance to see her through it. So, they keep her there in a civi job and give her care as though she were still enlisted

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:06   #7809
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I just hope he doesn't think he has to go in and redo any repairs already done. I did see him today, but just for long enough to get some meds for breathing problems I was having. He was on his way out, but he stopped in to see me before he left. He asked me a few questions and looked me over a little before leaving me in the hands of the evening crew.

Doc hasn't said anything more specific about his plans yet. I did meet my new shrink today, just for a minute. I'm supposed to see him tomorrow.

Yeah, and just because he got away with it don't think you can. I know where YOU live.
It does sound like your new doctor wants to help you. How has your chest been feeling? I hope your new shrink really wants to help too.

Yes you know where I live but you also know that I have guns. So how are you doing today Cat?

Quote:
Yes they did. She gets more and better care there than she could get from the VA in this area. I was completely opposed to the idea at first but have softened my stance since then.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 08-05-2011, 13:01   #7810
Doc8404
Master Chief

Dang! Haven't heard that before. Our VA system generally sucks...medically speaking.
Old 08-05-2011, 19:15   #7811
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Hey LW,

The 'shrimp are running' around here. Gonna either force my brother to go 'shrimping & fishing' this weekend, or I'm gonna have to go by myself. If you were here, we could fool some speckled trout into eating live shrimp with hooks just past the breakers off the pier at JAX BCH.

Even so, depending on what you like, fishing around here is pretty much year round. Give me a couple two or three days head's up before you get here and we'll go fishing somewhere regardless of the time of year.

Stay on top of things girl.

Your friend,

PW
Now that sounds like a plan, my friend.

Quote:
You're almost correct. I was in Afghanistan when I got hurt, then they sent me to Iraq.

Quote:
Dang! Haven't heard that before. Our VA system generally sucks...medically speaking.
No kidding! And the VA in my area is among the worst in the country. I'll take getting shot at some more and rocketed to avoid them.

Quote:
It does sound like your new doctor wants to help you. How has your chest been feeling? I hope your new shrink really wants to help too.

Yes you know where I live but you also know that I have guns. So how are you doing today Cat?
He does. He did MRI, X-Rays, etc today to see where I am now and how much the traveling set me back. My chest felt kinda rough today, although the last couple days haven't been near as bad as the first few days after traveling before. I went in and got something for the pain that really did the trick, but I'm stoned posting.

I had my appointment with my shrink today, and we talked for a couple hours. He asked me all kinds of stuff about what happened, about Greg and how I felt about that, about things that have happened since then, about things my previous shrinks have done, etc. He started asking if I still felt suicidal at times, and when, and what brought it on. The biggest change there is now the only times I really consider that is when my chest is giving me hell, but not so much when the mental pressures and guilt get to be too much. He seemed pleased when that came out. He actually seemed pleased about a lot of what was said, but told me he needed to sort it all out and compared it to the records he had on me, which he said he'd skimmed though and would read some more.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-05-2011, 20:13   #7812
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I'm hoping the extra rest helped ease the normal pain caused by travel. It sounds like your psychiatrist is cool too.
Old 08-05-2011, 20:34   #7813
BobInTX

Still the night owl, I see. You're 13 hours ahead of me.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 19:44   #7814
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Still the night owl, I see. You're 13 hours ahead of me.
And I'm still jealous! Hope you're all having a great time over there.

Yep, still the night owl, but I've changed my TT a bit. I've been so tired from everything since I got back that I've been taking my Xanax alone and laying down before midnight, and have actually been falling asleep for a couple hours before waking up, usually from a nightmare. Then I take the rest of my cocktail and try to get a few more hours later in the night. So far it's been working some, I'm getting around 5-6 hours a night instead of 3. Still not enough, but better then before. I may start taking a muscle relaxer earlier too, because I thrash coming out of the nightmares sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I'm hoping the extra rest helped ease the normal pain caused by travel. It sounds like your psychiatrist is cool too.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I don't know what did, but something helped some. Yes, I still hurt like hell, but not quite so bad. I'll take any improvement, no matter what the reason. I think I'm going to be able to work with this shrink OK. I'm supposed to see him again tomorrow. Speaking of cool, my physical terrorist definitely wasn't today. He had me right from the start. He hadn't been this hard on me before. The last time he even came close was before I had my last arthroscopy. Bastard!

I got this in a PM and asked if I could post it here in honor of the men who died in Afghanistan today when thier chopper was shot down. May they all rest in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr
To those who serve,
Many don't have the nerve.
Risking life and limb,
Survival is dismal and slim.
They willfully gave their all,
So evil & tyranny may fall.
Of bodies so bent & broken,
Many prayers of love are spoken.
To hear of men falling from the sky,
Truely brought many tears to my eye.
To those heroes that died today,
Living in our hearts forever you stay.[/B]

Rest easy Gentlemen.........

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-06-2011, 19:55   #7815
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
......I don't know what did, but something helped some. Yes, I still hurt like hell, but not quite so bad. I'll take any improvement, no matter what the reason. I think I'm going to be able to work with this shrink OK. I'm supposed to see him again tomorrow. Speaking of cool, my physical terrorist definitely wasn't today. He had me right from the start. He hadn't been this hard on me before. The last time he even came close was before I had my last arthroscopy. Bastard!

Remember a few things.

A. You volunteered to go back to the dirt & to the PT
B. No pain no gain
C. Pain is weakness leaving the body
D. You have the support of more than you realize.

faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 13:00   #7816
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Yep, still the night owl, but I've changed my TT a bit. I've been so tired from everything since I got back that I've been taking my Xanax alone and laying down before midnight, and have actually been falling asleep for a couple hours before waking up, usually from a nightmare. Then I take the rest of my cocktail and try to get a few more hours later in the night. So far it's been working some, I'm getting around 5-6 hours a night instead of 3. Still not enough, but better then before. I may start taking a muscle relaxer earlier too, because I thrash coming out of the nightmares sometimes.

I don't know what did, but something helped some. Yes, I still hurt like hell, but not quite so bad. I'll take any improvement, no matter what the reason. I think I'm going to be able to work with this shrink OK. I'm supposed to see him again tomorrow. Speaking of cool, my physical terrorist definitely wasn't today. He had me right from the start. He hadn't been this hard on me before. The last time he even came close was before I had my last arthroscopy. Bastard!
The way you are getting your sleep seems unorthodox but if it gets you more sleep than you were getting then keep it up. I hope you get to where you can stay asleep longer without all the drugs in you. Have you talked to your doctor about the change in your pattern? He would probably like to know about it.

The fact that your physical terrorist pushed you harder this soon after yuo traveled may be a good sign. It sounds like he thinks you recovered from that much faster than before. The change in your suicidal thoughts sounds like a huge improvement also. Hopefully soon you can banish that demon forever.
Quote:
Old 08-07-2011, 13:50   #7817
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Glad to hear you are improving. You should smile to yourself about that. I know it got a smile out of me.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:15   #7818
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I tried to post this last night, but connectivity issues made it a pain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
Glad to hear you are improving. You should smile to yourself about that. I know it got a smile out of me.
I smile some, but it's hard when that darn physical terrorist is abusing me. Thank you

Quote:
The way you are getting your sleep seems unorthodox but if it gets you more sleep than you were getting then keep it up. I hope you get to where you can stay asleep longer without all the drugs in you. Have you talked to your doctor about the change in your pattern? He would probably like to know about it.
I mentioned it to my doc. He noted it, but didn't comment. Last night I took my meds as soon as I woke back up and was able to go back to sleep faster than usual. That might have also been because of how tired I was from yesterday, plus the extra pain meds I had in me.

The fact that your physical terrorist pushed you harder this soon after yuo traveled may be a good sign. It sounds like he thinks you recovered from that much faster than before. The change in your suicidal thoughts sounds like a huge improvement also. Hopefully soon you can banish that demon forever.
My doc told my terrorost to turn up the heat, he told me today. He said that this time around although I hurt like hell, I didn't undo much of my healing when I travelled. He compared this time to my records from my previous trips and how each time I'd lose a lot of my gains each time I traveled. He said he went all through my records and looked at the things my old doc said right before he left and he thinks I've gotten to the point that I can handle more therapy and stuff in general, that even though it hurts like hell it doesn't do any more harm like it did for a long time. We talked about things like the trouble I had driving when I was Stateside and other things I couldn't do or hurt really bad to try and he said a lot of things would probably always be painful for me, but I should be able to do more things than I can now.

He also said he thinks the pain meds I take aren't doing as well at releiving my pain as they should. He tested that theory a little by pinching and poking me some (with my permission) and watching my reaction and asking how it felt. He seemed to have a good point, because even though I'm on Oxy 24/7 it doesn't block out lesser pain completely. I think he's going to try switching out my pain meds, hopefully back to Fentanyl or something that does me more good. It may also be a case of me having to get used to being in this much pain all the time, but I hope not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Remember a few things.

A. You volunteered to go back to the dirt & to the PT
True there. Better than not getting any better

B. No pain no gain
I don't think you're referring to the kind of pain I've had for the last 2 1/2 years, that's a different kind of pain. I hope what my physical terrorist is doing is the good kind if pain now.

C. Pain is weakness leaving the body
No wonder you think I'm Wonder Woman!!! I must have had a hell of a lot of weakness leave my body in the last couple years!

D. You have the support of more than you realize.

I thank you for that, very much.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15   #7819
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, I think the fentanyl would do more harm than good, it interferes with your sleep cocktail and has stopped your breathing in the past. Be careful what you wish for Babe.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:17   #7820
okie
GT Mayor

Love you LW sweetheart. Keep your chin up honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!