Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-29-2011, 16:55   #7781
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I hope the extra day of rest makes all the travel easier on you.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:: grouphug:
I doubt it made any difference, but it did put off having to tote my checked bag for a day. The other side is that I had to tote my carry-on all over Amsterdam. Plus I meet my new doc and shrink a day later. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Have you made it to Kuwait yet? I hope the remainder of your trip is safe and uneventful.
I'm now at the craphole known as Ali Al Salem. Too bad AK_Stick already popped smoke on this place.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a flight to BIAP, then 'home'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
I would carry your bag for you. Saw a lady struggling getting off a plane in Anchorage. She had a carry on bag, diaper bag, and a baby. i offered to assist her. She let me carry the baby.
If I had a baby I'd let you carry it too.

And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Hey, at least it's green there. Yeah, don't put your RX's in your checked bags.

Usually if I'm carrying a month supply I'll put most in my checked bag and about a week's supply in my checked bag. This time I'm packed all but 2 days worth in my checked bag for some reason, then luckily I reconsidered.

Nah, he's still working on it.
Any chance you could convince him to speed up the healing process?

Sure I have. Hands. Feet. Cat. You gonna remedy that for me?
And that weren't even my cat, unfortunately. So what do you want to see next, my kneecaps?

I think your expectations were lower this time, but I think you actually wound up doing more.
Actually I spent most of the time laying around, like Silent_Runner said, because my chest hurt so bad. That allergy/infection just made it worse. This time around I drive very little, too. I did drink a couple beers most every night to help the pain meds along, if that counts.

Safe travels. We are going to DFW tomorrow to spend the night and catch a 6 am flight out to Maui. The FIL is stable and the evil brother and 1/2 sister can help for a change.[/COLOR]
So how long will you be in Hawaii, and why didn't you invite me? Seriously, safe travels and I hope you all have a great time and get a rightous sunburn to show for it.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 19:20   #7782
BobInTX

^^^^ How about your pretty face?

We'll be gone a week.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 00:21   #7783
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

I would carry you, L_W, and call you 'baby.'
Old 07-30-2011, 14:48   #7784
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
^^^^ How about your pretty face?

We'll be gone a week.
Skidoo may disagree with you, but you'll have to look elsewhere for that. I'm OK looking, but not really pretty.

Hope you're having a great time on vacation.

Quote:
I would carry you, L_W, and call you 'baby.'
Oooooh, baby.

But I'm not a lightweight, carrying me won't be easy.

Another night in this Kuwaiti craphole. I sure hope I can get to Baghdad tomorrow. I can't slepp much at all here in this tent.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-30-2011, 15:09   #7785
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Skidoo may disagree with you, but you'll have to look elsewhere for that. I'm OK looking, but not really pretty.
I wonder, if that is how Helen of Troy described herself.
Old 07-31-2011, 00:23   #7786
BobInTX

Quote:

Hope you're having a great time on vacation.

Oooooh, baby.

Another night in this Kuwaiti craphole. I sure hope I can get to Baghdad tomorrow. I can't slepp much at all here in this tent.
Well send me a pic anyway, will ya?

We got to Maui on time and in one piece, so we broke our streak of bad flying luck. We met some friends this afternoon and did some ziplining. It was awesome.

It's been a loooonnnnggg day. First some room service and then some shuteye.
Old 07-31-2011, 00:55   #7787
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Skidoo may disagree with you, but you'll have to look elsewhere for that. I'm OK looking, but not really pretty.Hope you're having a great time on vacation.

Oooooh, baby.

Hey! Stop that! You are gorgeous!
Old 07-31-2011, 18:32   #7788
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hey! Stop that! You are gorgeous!
Sez who?

Yeah, I know you think that, but I don't and never have. I'm OK looking, but nothing special.

Quote:
Well send me a pic anyway, will ya?

We got to Maui on time and in one piece, so we broke our streak of bad flying luck. We met some friends this afternoon and did some ziplining. It was awesome.

It's been a loooonnnnggg day. First some room service and then some shuteye.
I suppose I could be convinced.

Glad to hear the flight went well amd you'e having fun. I'm sooooooo jealous! Speaking of pics............

Well, I'm officially back in Iraq now. Got into BIAP this afternoon after sitting in a 200+ degree C130 most of the day. At least if felt like it was over 200. I was so tired I got a ride to the DFAC, ate a little, went back to the room and layed down and actually slept for almost 4 hours with only Xanax to curb the nightmares. Kinda odd that that happened on my first day back, but I was SO tired, both mentally and physically. That kind of heat really drains me physically. Now it's 3AM and I'm going to take my meds and try to get a few more hours in before one more flight to get 'home'. Cross your fingers that all goes well and I get to meet new doc and shrink tomorrow.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-31-2011, 22:38   #7789
BobInTX

Quote:
Sez who?

Yeah, I know you think that, but I don't and never have. I'm OK looking, but nothing special.

I suppose I could be convinced.

Glad to hear the flight went well amd you'e having fun. I'm sooooooo jealous! Speaking of pics............

Well, I'm officially back in Iraq now. Got into BIAP this afternoon after sitting in a 200+ degree C130 most of the day. At least if felt like it was over 200. I was so tired I got a ride to the DFAC, ate a little, went back to the room and layed down and actually slept for almost 4 hours with only Xanax to curb the nightmares. Kinda odd that that happened on my first day back, but I was SO tired, both mentally and physically. That kind of heat really drains me physically. Now it's 3AM and I'm going to take my meds and try to get a few more hours in before one more flight to get 'home'. Cross your fingers that all goes well and I get to meet new doc and shrink tomorrow.
Check your email.

It's nice and windy here. Much cooler than the 100+ we left.

If your new shrink tells you we're not good for you get a second opinion!
Old 07-31-2011, 22:42   #7790
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope your new docs pick right up where the old ones left off and further your recovery.

Am I going to have to invite Bob to my house to see The Shrine O Gorgeous One? Bob, I have several pictures of her on the wall across from my recliner forming The Shrine, she truly is gorgeous, inside and out.

Welcome 'home' Babe. Sleep well.
Old 08-01-2011, 17:02   #7791
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Check your email.

It's nice and windy here. Much cooler than the 100+ we left.

If your new shrink tells you we're not good for you get a second opinion!
Nice pics, thanks! You could post them here and have half of GT jealous. Me included. And I'd love 100 degree weather right about now. It was 130 here today.

I'll be sure to tell my shrink that if he makes that mistake. My old shrink probably told him about all of you.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope your new docs pick right up where the old ones left off and further your recovery.

I do too.

Am I going to have to invite Bob to my house to see The Shrine O Gorgeous One? Bob, I have several pictures of her on the wall across from my recliner forming The Shrine, she truly is gorgeous, inside and out.

Sure, you can invite him over. But it has to be next time that I'm also there, I want to meet him too. I really doubt he wants to see your 'shrine', though.

Welcome 'home' Babe. Sleep well.: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I'm not 'home' yet, hopefully tomorrow. I really need to see my doc soon, my damn chest is driving me nuts and I'm getting low on pain meds. Other meds, too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54   #7792
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I'll be sure to tell my shrink that if he makes that mistake. My old shrink probably told him about all of you.

I'm not 'home' yet, hopefully tomorrow. I really need to see my doc soon, my damn chest is driving me nuts and I'm getting low on pain meds. Other meds, too.
I would be very surprised if your new shrink does not know quite a bit about us and what we are trying to do for you. I certainly hope he wants our continued help because we plan to give it anyway.

I got an email from Wolfe and she is still trying for her last flight but it was canceled again. It seems military flights have a worse record than Jet Blue.

Quote:

Welcome 'home' Babe. Sleep well.:::
You made a shrine to Wolfe? You are smitten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:38   #7793
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Wolfe I meant to ask earlier if anything like this happened again or if there has been anymore changes to your sleep since you got back there. I hope that you might be having a breakthrough here. I should know not to get on the internet when I first wake up because I forget everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 17:23   #7794
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I wonder, if that is how Helen of Troy described herself.
Good question, especially since I have no idea what she looked like.

Quote:
I would be very surprised if your new shrink does not know quite a bit about us and what we are trying to do for you. I certainly hope he wants our continued help because we plan to give it anyway.: tongueout:

I got an email from Wolfe and she is still trying for her last flight but it was canceled again. It seems military flights have a worse record than Jet Blue.: rofl:

You made a shrine to Wolfe?: wow: You are smitten!
Considering my old shrink told me he was going to make sure the new one knows about all of you, I'm sure he does. Who knows, he may have already visited this thread and be thinking about how he's going to put us all to work.

I finally made it 'home'. For such a short flight it sure can be a pain in the ass getting on it. But I should meet my new doc and shrink tomorrow. For now I'm so tired I feel like I could sleep for a week. Heat and toting my bags tends to do that. It also makes my chest scream some real nasty things. It feels like hell right now, I could lay here for a week and not move and hope it feels better. I'm so tempted to go to the hospital for a needleful of Dilaudid.

One of Skidoo's family took several pics of me when I got to the airport last year and put 7 of them in frames. Hr has those pics on his living room where he can see them. That's his 'shrine'. Him, smitten? Dunno, you'll have to ask him.

Quote:
Wolfe I meant to ask earlier if anything like this happened again or if there has been anymore changes to your sleep since you got back there. I hope that you might be having a breakthrough here. I should know not to get on the internet when I first wake up because I forget everything.: rofl:
You'd for get your brains if they weren't glued in before you have a pot of coffee.

A little bit of change in the nightmares, hard to define. A couple nights ago I was asleep when we were getting rocketed and I woke up and thought I'd dreamt the explosions. I heard another and it took me a few seconds to comprehend they were real. By then the attack was over. I'll bet I sleep some tonight though, I'm so whupped I can barely stand up.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-02-2011, 18:08   #7795
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<<<<<Smitten.
Old 08-02-2011, 19:47   #7796
BobInTX

Glad you made it.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:21   #7797
engineer151515

Quote:
Good question, especially since I have no idea what she looked like.

I've heard, she too was quite the beauty.

You know, Helen had a twin sister.
But that's a different Odyssey . . .
Old 08-03-2011, 08:38   #7798
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

So you are there. Wish I could send you some of the rain we have been getting this week. But hey, I just reseeded part of my lawn, so I guess it works for me.
My back is hugely improved, and I'm off the meds. Just took my last steroid last night. They make it hard to sleep, especially if taken too late in the day.
Discovered we have TWO bears in the neighborhood. Have a blackie in addition to the brown I've seen twice. I pack a revolver when I take the dog out to pee, get the paper, or start the KW in the morning.
You be good over there, and keep up with the posting. Do you need anything from Alaska, besides the aforementioned rain or some cooler temps?
Old 08-03-2011, 18:00   #7799
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
<<<<<<<<Smitten.
^^^ Nuts, too.

Quote:
: wavey:

Glad you made it.
I was too, until I got to work today. To say the guy who covered for me left a mess would be an understatement. I was so tired last night I fell asleep for a couple hours without my meds, and bet I could do the same tomight. I'll make damn sure I take my Xanax though, you don't want to hear about how I woke up last night. Mandy's none too happy with me right now either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I've heard, she too was quite the beauty.

You know, Helen had a twin sister.
But that's a different Odyssey . . .
You got me stumped there.....

Oh, and

Quote:
So you are there. Wish I could send you some of the rain we have been getting this week. But hey, I just reseeded part of my lawn, so I guess it works for me.
My back is hugely improved, and I'm off the meds. Just took my last steroid last night. They make it hard to sleep, especially if taken too late in the day.
Discovered we have TWO bears in the neighborhood. Have a blackie in addition to the brown I've seen twice. I pack a revolver when I take the dog out to pee, get the paper, or start the KW in the morning.
You be good over there, and keep up with the posting. Do you need anything from Alaska, besides the aforementioned rain or some cooler temps?
I wish you could send me some of that rain, too, and some cooler air! It's HOT here, but the heat isn't really bothering me that bad if I'm not carrying stuff around because the humidity is a lot lower than the eastern US.

Glad to hear your back's doing better, and you need to get some pics of those bears. That's just too cool. Except the part about having to carry a gun to walk the dog, that is.

OK. I'll keep posting if you folks do too. I had another long day today, but I did get to the hospital to meet my new doc. He seems pretty good, and didn't throw a fit about having me as his patient, so it should work out OK. I went in and was sitting in the exam room when he walks in and just stops and looks at me for a minute. He finally says "I've heard of you". I asked him if that was good or bad and he said it depends on how you look at it. Then he said he'd gone all through my records and could see why I was called Cat. He also told me that he had some thoughts on which direction he wanted to go with my treatment, and he's having another MRI done on me to check some things. He made the comment that he thinks he might have done some things different than my old doc, but made sure I knew he wasn't criticizing. I told him I was open to some new ideas if it helped my chest quit hurting so much.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 08-03-2011, 19:56   #7800
23skidoo
Deceased

I am nuts for you my dear. I'm sorry the dude covering for you left you such a mess. Your new doc sounds okay. I hope it cools down soon.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 08-04-2011 at 00:27..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!