CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
I wish L_W could relax like S_R's cat.
I wish I could too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
It was long when we met. She cut it all off short short when our son was a baby because he kept pulling it. It looked awful so she grew it back out. It took 17 years to get that long. Our son will be 30 in a month. That pic is a couple years old. She cut it off about 6" a while back.

Just chillin' is exactly what we want you to do here now.

Are you back to your house or still at Skidoo's, or are you in other parts?
Wow, she's got some patience. Well worth it though, and I'll bet she gets comments anywhere she goes.

That's about all I can do. Chill, have nightmares, drink beer...... I'm still at Skidoo's for one more night, them I'm headed for the sand again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
We tried.

It sounds like you are getting to rest and relax which is what you need. Are you sleeping? You just relax and try to keep all the crap out of your head for now. You will have time to work on that with your new shrink when you get back to Iraq.

Wolfe is still chilling at 23skidoo's house. She told me she spent yesterday camping on the couch.
I've been making sure I sleep, if you get my drift, but I'm damn sure having my share of nightmares and then some. The good thing is that most of them are the less intense type, like I'm just watching instead of living them. I'd much rather watch myself get shot than feel it any day.

New shrink and doc are just a few days away, I'm worried, but hopeful at the same time. Both my old doc and shrink emphasized that they'd make damn sure their replacements knew of me and my needs, and I think they both meant what they said.

For my last night here Skidoo and I went out to dinner and had steaks. I told the waiter that I'd screwed up by eating a good steak, now I won't be able to go back and eat DFAC steaks. He gave me a semi-sarcastic "I'm sorry". I laughed and told him "No, you're not. Enjoyed a good meal, now I'm tipping one last beer before I pack up and leave..........

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:13   #7762
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Wow, she's got some patience. Well worth it though, and I'll bet she gets comments anywhere she goes. Just about every day. Most of them start with "how long did it take you to grow your hair"?

That's about all I can do. Chill, have nightmares, drink beer...... I'm still at Skidoo's for one more night, them I'm headed for the sand again.

I'm headed for the sand, too, on Saturday. Maui.

That's if my FIL let's us. He had a relapse yesterday and became unresponsive for a couple of hours again. Then he woke back up and was like he was on Saturday. BP was fine this time. Cat scan good. Weird.

I've been making sure I sleep, if you get my drift, but I'm damn sure having my share of nightmares and then some. The good thing is that most of them are the less intense type, like I'm just watching instead of living them. I'd much rather watch myself get shot than feel it any day.

New shrink and doc are just a few days away, I'm worried, but hopeful at the same time. Both my old doc and shrink emphasized that they'd make damn sure their replacements knew of me and my needs, and I think they both meant what they said.

For my last night here Skidoo and I went out to dinner and had steaks. I told the waiter that I'd screwed up by eating a good steak, now I won't be able to go back and eat DFAC steaks. He gave me a semi-sarcastic "I'm sorry". I laughed and told him "No, you're not. Enjoyed a good meal, now I'm tipping one last beer before I pack up and leave..........
I imagine you're in the air right now, so I'm praying for safe travels and that your bod makes the trip okay. Also for patience and wisdom for your new docs.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 07-27-2011 at 08:13.. Reason: typo
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:18   #7763
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
I imagine you're in the air right now, so I'm praying for safe travels and that your bod makes the trip okay. Also for patience and wisdom for your new docs.
Hey Bob! She hasn't left yet; we're getting ready to go to lunch, big plus one about her docs; I hope your FIL does fine and is home soon. Miss Lone expects pics from Hawaii, enjoy your trip my friend.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:22   #7764
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

"Happy Trails to Youuuuuu, Until We Meet Againnnnn." Have a safe trip L_W. We all look forward to your posts after you get settled in.
How do you like my singing? Pretty good, huh? BTW, I have a gun, looks like Roy Rogers could have carried. Built 1885. Has elephant ivory grips.
Old 07-27-2011, 14:57   #7765
23skidoo
Deceased

Sigh. The Gorgeous One is on her way back to Iraq.<<<<<<Kicks the dirt. Come home safe Babe.
Old 07-27-2011, 16:02   #7766
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
"Happy Trails to Youuuuuu, Until We Meet Againnnnn." Have a safe trip L_W. We all look forward to your posts after you get settled in.
How do you like my singing? Pretty good, huh? BTW, I have a gun, looks like Roy Rogers could have carried. Built 1885. Has elephant ivory grips.
I like your singing just fine, wish I was hearing it in person instead of over my internet connection from the corner of a bar in DTW (Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport for you lucky ones who don't know). Got a couple hours to waste, so I'm wasting some beer too. Renting it, I should say.

And thank you, I hope for a safe trip too. So far, so good, although I think Mr Sulu was doing evasive maneuvers with the plane during the descent into Detroit.

I just thought about something when I wrote the Mr Sulu comment. I'm actually in Romulus, MI right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sigh. The Gorgeous One is on her way back to Iraq.<<<<<<Kicks the dirt. Come home safe Babe.
Kick some for me too, wouldya? Back to physical terrorist that makes me cry, a new shrink and doc that hopefully help me like the last ones did, and Hajji bastards that keep trying to blow mw up. But it takes a few days to get there. If only the traveling weren't so hard on me, it could be more fun. Yeah, I'm grumbling. PLease forgive me. I know I need to go back, and I need to do what I can to get as healed as I can in the time I have left over there. Wish me luch, say a prayer, and stick with me if you will, it's going to get better. That I have to believe, God can't be done with me yet.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-27-2011, 16:06   #7767
engineer151515

< sigh >
Old 07-27-2011, 16:08   #7768
69Charger

Semper Fi. From an old Marine to you. Stay safe.
Dave
Semper Fi
69Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 16:23   #7769
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Bob, I LOVE your wife's hair!!

Wolfe, it sounds like overall you had a nice time in the States, all things considered. We're praying for your new doc and psychiatrist to be wonderful, sympathetic types. Safe travels!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 18:01   #7770
23skidoo
Deceased

Yor wish is my command Miss Lone<<<<<<<<going outside to kick some dirt. We know how hard traveling is on you Sweetheart, no need to apologize; and the cough was still hanging on today, but was getting better, which is good. I like your outlook!
Old 07-27-2011, 18:24   #7771
BobInTX

Quote:
I like your singing just fine, wish I was hearing it in person instead of over my internet connection from the corner of a bar in DTW (Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport for you lucky ones who don't know). Got a couple hours to waste, so I'm wasting some beer too. Renting it, I should say.

And thank you, I hope for a safe trip too. So far, so good, although I think Mr Sulu was doing evasive maneuvers with the plane during the descent into Detroit.

I just thought about something when I wrote the Mr Sulu comment. I'm actually in Romulus, MI right now.

Kick some for me too, wouldya? Back to physical terrorist that makes me cry, a new shrink and doc that hopefully help me like the last ones did, and Hajji bastards that keep trying to blow mw up. But it takes a few days to get there. If only the traveling weren't so hard on me, it could be more fun. Yeah, I'm grumbling. PLease forgive me. I know I need to go back, and I need to do what I can to get as healed as I can in the time I have left over there. Wish me luch, say a prayer, and stick with me if you will, it's going to get better. That I have to believe, God can't be done with me yet.
You've been waiting a long time to use that Trek smilie, haven't you?

Detroit? Don't you need to be going east?

No, God is not done with you yet. You still have a lot of smiles to give away.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:45   #7772
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
< sigh >
Yeah, I know.

I only got a couple minutes before this connection times out, but I wanted to Hello from Amsterdam. Time for a last fer s before I'm back in the sand. I may get back on later before I fly to Kuwait.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-28-2011, 08:06   #7773
BobInTX

Quote:
Yeah, I know.

I only got a couple minutes before this connection times out, but I wanted to Hello from Amsterdam. Time for a last fer s before I'm back in the sand. I may get back on later before I fly to Kuwait.
I had a dream about you last night. First one ever. You came to see me. But we weren't at my house. The only thing I really remember now is that we were in a convenience store way out on a desert highway and some Zeta cartel guys came and were marking the store as their territory and were preparing to fight a rival gang. We escaped out the back door. You'll be happy to know we got away before the AK's came out.

Dang! Now I can't remember what you looked like.
Old 07-28-2011, 18:04   #7774
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I had a dream about you last night. First one ever. You came to see me. But we weren't at my house. The only thing I really remember now is that we were in a convenience store way out on a desert highway and some Zeta cartel guys came and were marking the store as their territory and were preparing to fight a rival gang. We escaped out the back door. You'll be happy to know we got away before the AK's came out.

Dang! Now I can't remember what you looked like.
! Thanks for getting me out of there before the AK's showed up!

Do you mean to tell me you've never see a pic of me? Just so you know, you're not missing much.

Quote:
You've been waiting a long time to use that Trek smilie, haven't you?

Actually I think I used it once before, a while back. Just can't remember when or why. But hey, it fit the moment, right?

Detroit? Don't you need to be going east?
Yeah, but those puddle jumpers that fly out of Yeager don't exactly have the range to go across the pond, so I had to get on a bigger plane in Detriot.

No, God is not done with you yet. You still have a lot of smiles to give away.
I hope so, on both counts. I like the idea of making other people happy somehoe, and I REALLY hope God isn't finished with my healing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Bob, I LOVE your wife's hair!!
So do I, and probably most women who see it.

Wolfe, it sounds like overall you had a nice time in the States, all things considered. We're praying for your new doc and psychiatrist to be wonderful, sympathetic types. Safe travels!!
Definitely better than the trip in January 10. I know I still had the nightmares, sleeplessness, pain, etc, but maybe now I'm just more resigned to it. I did enjoy parts of it, and think part of it was because I didn't try to do too much. I wasn't up to driving most of the time, so I only drove a little. I was wishing I could get around and do more, but then I'd have been hurting even worse than I was. Of course the URI didn't help in that department. I did enjoy getting to spend some time with a couple of friends.

Thank you for the prayers, I hope they all come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Semper Fi. From an old Marine to you. Stay safe. : )
Dave
Thank you, and stay safe yourself. And thank you for your service.

Quote:
Yor wish is my command Miss Lone<<<<<<<<going outside to kick some dirt. We know how hard traveling is on you Sweetheart, no need to apologize; and the cough was still hanging on today, but was getting better, which is good. I like your outlook!: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:: grouphug:
Thanks, it's kind of hard to kick dirt on a plane. And I'm going to refrain from going into detail about just how bad my chest is screaming, but I'll just say I had to tote my carry-on a lot today.

Iíd been wishing for a layover in Amsterdam, but now quite like this. Todayís flight to Kuwait was cancelled after 4 hours of trying to fix the plane, so Iím laying in a hotel outside of town. The airline had to put us all up and pay for our meals. I donít envy them, that plane was packed full. I think I even say a few children packed in the overhead bins. Iím just glad as hell I grabbed the rest of my meds out of my checked bag at the last minute, or Iíd have a problem. I donít have a change of clothes, so I washed the ones I was wearing and rigged the hotelís hair dryer to stay on and theyíre drying. The airline gave us all little travel kits with things like the little tube of laundry soap, toothbrush, a temporary change of clothes, etc. Not a bad deal, although it was too late to do any sightseeing and Iím not in town.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-28-2011, 19:27   #7775
BobInTX

Quote:
! Thanks for getting me out of there before the AK's showed up!

Do you mean to tell me you've never see a pic of me? Just so you know, you're not missing much.

Sure I have. Hands. Feet. Cat. You gonna remedy that for me?

I hope so, on both counts. I like the idea of making other people happy somehoe, and I REALLY hope God isn't finished with my healing yet.

Nah, he's still working on it.

Definitely better than the trip in January 10. I know I still had the nightmares, sleeplessness, pain, etc, but maybe now I'm just more resigned to it. I did enjoy parts of it, and think part of it was because I didn't try to do too much. I wasn't up to driving most of the time, so I only drove a little. I was wishing I could get around and do more, but then I'd have been hurting even worse than I was. Of course the URI didn't help in that department. I did enjoy getting to spend some time with a couple of friends.

I think your expectations were lower this time, but I think you actually wound up doing more.
Thank you for the prayers, I hope they all come true.

Me too.

Thank you, and stay safe yourself. And thank you for your service.

Thanks, it's kind of hard to kick dirt on a plane. And I'm going to refrain from going into detail about just how bad my chest is screaming, but I'll just say I had to tote my carry-on a lot today.

Iíd been wishing for a layover in Amsterdam, but now quite like this. Todayís flight to Kuwait was cancelled after 4 hours of trying to fix the plane, so Iím laying in a hotel outside of town. The airline had to put us all up and pay for our meals. I donít envy them, that plane was packed full. I think I even say a few children packed in the overhead bins. Iím just glad as hell I grabbed the rest of my meds out of my checked bag at the last minute, or Iíd have a problem. I donít have a change of clothes, so I washed the ones I was wearing and rigged the hotelís hair dryer to stay on and theyíre drying. The airline gave us all little travel kits with things like the little tube of laundry soap, toothbrush, a temporary change of clothes, etc. Not a bad deal, although it was too late to do any sightseeing and Iím not in town.
Hey, at least it's green there. Yeah, don't put your RX's in your checked bags.

Safe travels. We are going to DFW tomorrow to spend the night and catch a 6 am flight out to Maui. The FIL is stable and the evil brother and 1/2 sister can help for a change.
Old 07-28-2011, 22:05   #7776
23skidoo
Deceased

Sleep well Sweetheart, no demons to trouble your sleep. An uneventful flight back to Iraq tomorrow and a helpful gentleman like the one at Yeager who offered to carry your bags. Her checked bag is HEAVY!
Old 07-29-2011, 00:53   #7777
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Sleep well Sweetheart, no demons to trouble your sleep. An uneventful flight back to Iraq tomorrow and a helpful gentleman like the one at Yeager who offered to carry your bags. Her checked bag is HEAVY! : smootchie:
Kuwait. I only fly to Kuwait today. It'll be a couple more days before I get to Iraq. And my checked bag isn't really heavy, we're just wimps! Unfortunately porters don't exist in the sandbox. :sad

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-29-2011, 09:33   #7778
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

Quote:
Kuwait. I only fly to Kuwait today. It'll be a couple more days before I get to Iraq. And my checked bag isn't really heavy, we're just wimps! Unfortunately porters don't exist in the sandbox. :sad
I would carry your bag for you. Saw a lady struggling getting off a plane in Anchorage. She had a carry on bag, diaper bag, and a baby. i offered to assist her. She let me carry the baby.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:22   #7779
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I would carry your bag for you. Saw a lady struggling getting off a plane in Anchorage. She had a carry on bag, diaper bag, and a baby. i offered to assist her. She let me carry the baby.

I wish you were in Iraq to carry Wolfe's bags for her. That would do her good not to have to carry them herself.

Quote:
Have you made it to Kuwait yet? I hope the remainder of your trip is safe and uneventful.

Quote:
Hey, at least it's green there. Yeah, don't put your RX's in your checked bags.

Safe travels. We are going to DFW tomorrow to spend the night and catch a 6 am flight out to Maui. The FIL is stable and the evil brother and 1/2 sister can help for a change.
I think your expectations were lower this time, but I think you actually wound up doing more.
Wolfe really did spend a lot of her time just laying down because of the pain. That was probably the best thing for her too. She needs time to just rest and heal without the need to get up and worry about some computer equipment in Iraq. She also knows better than to put her meds in her checked bag.

I hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable flight. Please keep in touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 13:18   #7780
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope the extra day of rest makes all the travel easier on you.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!