SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:42   #7721
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Good for you! They have any kind of long term goal/idea when they'll be able to rotate you back to the land of the not so lost?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:50   #7722
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Good for you! They have any kind of long term goal/idea when they'll be able to rotate you back to the land of the not so lost?
My doc probably would have wanted me to stay longer because of all the stuff he's been doing to help me, but my job will only exist for a couple more months and I can't transfer to any job that requires crawling, lifting, traveling, etc. That and I'll have a new doc when I get back, so I don't know how he'll feel about having a patient like me there making him work.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:03   #7723
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
You just let him know I'll come visit him if he's not performing up to par.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:26   #7724
okie
GT Mayor

Good luck to you when you get back sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:14   #7725
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Nightmares are still pretty much the same, even added a few new variants. No real progress, but haven't lost any ground, either.

It's the usual combination of both, plus still some coughing. Yes, I been trying to visualize a better ending than getting shot again.

Why you so happy that I drove a little? You expecting me to drive your butt around?
No, THAT'S the understatement of the week!

Hmmm... maybe these new variants in your nightmares is your brain responding to the visualizations. Not in the way you intended, but things are changing. Keep it up. It's a long process.

AK_Stick, thank you for your service.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:12   #7726
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Now why would you say a thing like that?

It's the usual combination of both, plus still some coughing. Yes, I been trying to visualize a better ending than getting shot again.
:
Because I know you!

Quote:
Wow, I'm out of date, last time we talked, you were still in country!

Glad you made it home, and are enjoying some of the niceties of being in America again. I know I can't wait.
Thank you for your service and come home safely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I知 mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 19:28   #7727
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope it has been a good day!
Old 07-20-2011, 23:23   #7728
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

If you feel the need to visualize, just picture yourself getting a ride on the back of my Victory through the Alaska countryside.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03   #7729
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
If you feel the need to visualize, just picture yourself getting a ride on the back of my Victory through the Alaska countryside.
Now that's a great visualization, but would make it really awesome would be if I was the one piloting the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I hope it has been a good day!: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: grouphug:: iloveyou:
It's been OK. A certain someone wanted me to help her inventory her gun collection, since I couldn't find my old spreadsheet to give her. Damn, that woman's got tooooo many guns!

She called off serial #'s to me and I put the info in Excel for her. At least she didn't try to hand them to me and she doesn't have an AK-47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Because I know you!: rofl:: rofl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Hmmm... maybe these new variants in your nightmares is your brain responding to the visualizations. Not in the way you intended, but things are changing. Keep it up. It's a long process.

AK_Stick, thank you for your service.
That happened before when I was in the States from being in different locations, but hopefully visualizing better endings is helping too.

BTW, loved that kitty video. That tux made himself a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Good luck to you when you get back sweetheart: smootchie:: hearts:
Thanks, okie.

Quote:
You just let him know I'll come visit him if he's not performing up to par.
Now if that don't put the fear into him, nothing will.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-21-2011, 08:08   #7730
BobInTX

Quote:
It's been OK. A certain someone wanted me to help her inventory her gun collection, since I couldn't find my old spreadsheet to give her. Damn, that woman's got tooooo many guns!

She called off serial #'s to me and I put the info in Excel for her. At least she didn't try to hand them to me and she doesn't have an AK-47. Yet.

Was it good to see your old friends?

That happened before when I was in the States from being in different locations, but hopefully visualizing better endings is helping too.

I hope so. Are you feeling better?

BTW, loved that kitty video. That tux made himself a friend.

Yes, he did. He's very vocal, too. Sorry about the file size but I figured you could get it since you aren't on hajiinet right now.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:47   #7731
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you and Miss S_R had fun yesterday! Hope you're feeling well today.
Old 07-21-2011, 23:53   #7732
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you and Miss S_R had fun yesterday! Hope you're feeling well today.
OK, inventorying a gun collection and 'fun' don't exactly go together, but we did get to sit around and talk for a bit. That was worth it.

Quote:

Yet.
If she gets one, I don't want to know about it.

Yep. Tonight my friend S. and I went out to eat and then to see some bands from the 60's play at the local amphitheatre. I stayed at the back, away from the crowd and it was pretty cool.

I hope so. Are you feeling better?
About the same, still coughing and a little queasy most of the time, but I think I'll live.

Yes, he did. He's very vocal, too. Sorry about the file size but I figured you could get it since you aren't on hajiinet right now.
Yep, I downloaded it to my computer. That way I could watch it without it pausing. I must say, someone there has a really pretty coat.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-22-2011, 10:07   #7733
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

I got out some old Colt revolvers to show my guests last night. Oldest one, 1884. Always enjoy looking at, and handling those old guns.

After most of my guests left. My son, grand daughter, and I watched a Brown Bear trot past my house. It wasn't a huge one. About the size of a large Black Bear. Nice way to end an enjoyable evening.

Good morning to L_W.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31   #7734
BobInTX

Quote:
OK, inventorying a gun collection and 'fun' don't exactly go together, but we did get to sit around and talk for a bit. That was worth it.

Yep. Tonight my friend S. and I went out to eat and then to see some bands from the 60's play at the local amphitheatre. I stayed at the back, away from the crowd and it was pretty cool.

Yep, I downloaded it to my computer. That way I could watch it without it pausing. I must say, someone there has a really pretty coat.
Yeah, he's a pretty boy again. He doesn't want the white cat nosing in on his lovin'. He runs him off if he gets too close.

When I said "friends" I meant your old gun "friends". But I like that you're getting to go out with people friends. I'll bet that was a fun concert.

We had to put my father in-law in the hospital yesterday. He may have had a stroke but so far all the test, including cat scan have ruled it out. He is having an MRI today. Blood pressure is sky high. He can move all of his extremities, can talk, see and hear. But he won't hardly respond to questions either verbally or physically. We don't think it's a drug thing because my wife puts his drugs in pill boxes for the week.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:38   #7735
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
.Yet.

I would not want one of those things and if I did I would never tell Wolfe there was one in my house. She would probably never come here again if I did.

It was certainly good to see Wolfe.

Quote:
We did. Thank you.

Quote:
:
I agree that a little good conversation makes for an enjoyable evening. That part where you could barely breathe was anything but fun though.
Quote:
I mean, I知 mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49   #7736
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I would not want one of those things and if I did I would never tell Wolfe there was one in my house. She would probably never come here again if I did. Yeah, I know. I was joking with y'all.

It was certainly good to see Wolfe. Must be nice.

We did. Thank you.

I agree that a little good conversation makes for an enjoyable evening. That part where you could barely breathe was anything but fun though.
What in the heck is causing that? Any ideas?
Old 07-23-2011, 00:50   #7737
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Yeah, he's a pretty boy again. He doesn't want the white cat nosing in on his lovin'. He runs him off if he gets too close.

When I said "friends" I meant your old gun "friends". But I like that you're getting to go out with people friends. I'll bet that was a fun concert.

We had to put my father in-law in the hospital yesterday. He may have had a stroke but so far all the test, including cat scan have ruled it out. He is having an MRI today. Blood pressure is sky high. He can move all of his extremities, can talk, see and hear. But he won't hardly respond to questions either verbally or physically. We don't think it's a drug thing because my wife puts his drugs in pill boxes for the week.
Actually I was referring to someone else's fur..........

gtyyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcdffffffffffffff <<<--- Skidoo's cat, Mitch, says Hello.

I never even talked to any of my old 'gun friends'. Don't see any reason to and neither would any of them. The concert was OK, it was nice to get out with S. and just chill.

I'll send up some prayers for your father, please keep us posted.

What a loooooooong day. I had to fly from Columbus, to Atlanta, to W VA. What should have been 2 short, easy hops turned into one delay after another, and an unplanned stop in Cincinnati. Ended up getting to Yeager over 3 hours late, tired, cranky, and my chest saying things not for polite company. Now it痴 after 2AM and I知 stoned, but not stoned enough, if you get my drift. I値l have to post more tomorrow, I took my sleep meds a couple hours ago and they might finally be about to earn their keep.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07   #7738
BobInTX

^^^ Ohhhhhhhh. Why else do you think I married her? You should see it down.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:03   #7739
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
What in the heck is causing that? Any ideas?
I heard a rumor that she got shot.

I think was a combination of her coughing and the weather changes that kept causing her chest to tighten up and have spasms. It got bad enough that she had respiratory distress several times. A few of those episodes were pretty severe although fairly short lived.

Quote:
Actually I was referring to someone else's fur..........

gtyyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcdffffffffffffff <<<--- Skidoo's cat, Mitch, says Hello.

I never even talked to any of my old 'gun friends'. Don't see any reason to and neither would any of them. The concert was OK, it was nice to get out with S. and just chill.

I'll send up some prayers for your father, please keep us posted.

What a loooooooong day. I had to fly from Columbus, to Atlanta, to W VA. What should have been 2 short, easy hops turned into one delay after another, and an unplanned stop in Cincinnati. Ended up getting to Yeager over 3 hours late, tired, cranky, and my chest saying things not for polite company. Now it痴 after 2AM and I知 stoned, but not stoned enough, if you get my drift. I値l have to post more tomorrow, I took my sleep meds a couple hours ago and they might finally be about to earn their keep.
BobInTX I will also say a prayer for your father.

Wolfe it sounds like a rough day but at least you made is there safely. I hope you enjoy your visit with 23skidoo. Is he worried about me coming to visit him?
Quote:
Old 07-23-2011, 14:58   #7740
BobInTX

My FIL doing better today. They think he had a hypertensive crisis. He is much more alert today and responding to questions much quicker. MRI and CT scan showed no signs of stroke.

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!