Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe did you have fun last night?
Maybe a little too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Now that sounds like a loaded question!
'Loaded' was the operative word.

Although all the meds I'm on sure make me a cheap drunk.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 14:00   #7702
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Maybe a little too much.

'Loaded' was the operative word.

Although all the meds I'm on sure make me a cheap drunk.
howYOUdoin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 23:34   #7703
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
howYOUdoin

: wavey:
I been better, but I'm hanging in. How you doing, Handsome Devil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I may be haeded through your area next week,.....don't make me polish my boots with your back side.

I'm still workin on those,........
Hope we get to meet, but I'll be wearing my ass armor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
I volunteer to help carry the beer!

(and help make sure there aren't any leftovers... )

I'll even do the grilling, how's that? : wavey:
You're on. And it looks like we won't have the problem of leftover beer at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
We'll HAUL the beer. (on the wheelers) But you can for sure do the grilling. We'll do the 'chillin' L_W will have good reason to only sleep 5 hours, since that is how long the sun is below the horizon now. Doesn't really get dark. Hey, someone has to keep a wary eye out for bears.
Does the sun get high enough to be bright, or is it like daylong sunrise? I wonder if I could get used to that. Probably not, but I'd be too busy partying and having fun with my friends to worry about that.

But what would I do if I saw a bear?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-18-2011, 00:04   #7704
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

The sun gets overhead here during the day just like every where else. If you were the only one up when the BEAR showed up, you have several options. You could scream like a little girl and wake everyone up with their hair standing on end. You could fire up the video camera and show us over coffee in the morning what we missed out on. Or you could open the door and invite him in, and wake me up and tell me I had company. Or you could just be like the movie 'Stand By Me' with the deer at night, and watch him and say nothing. Your little secret.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12   #7705
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope your cough is better and you're sleeping too.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:33   #7706
BobInTX

Quote:

Will you be posting pictures from the party?
Quote:
So you going to post pics this weekend? : supergrin:

You guys just want to see what Silent_Runner looks like because she's prettier than I am.

Oh, yeah? Prove it.
We almost didn't make it to the party. Saturday morning at 9 I put my G23 and my wife's wedding rings in the in-room safe in the hotel. It made a funny noise and never displayed the code I put in. I reentered the code and it said --OPEN-- but the door wouldn't open. Greaaattttt...

So in my panic I called the front desk. They said to leave it alone for 15 minutes and the general manager would come up and enter his code. Well 25 minutes later he showed up, put in his code, and it still wouldn't open. It was displaying an error code all this time. So he went back to the office to get a tool they can use to open it.

He's gone another 15 minutes or so. He comes back and says that the error code means that something is in the way of the bars. So he literally starts hitting the safe with a hammer to get it unjammed, as the manual states. After about 10 minutes it finally opens. They were nice enough not to peek inside, and there was absolutely nothing in the way of the bars. Needless to say, the safe didn't get used the rest of our stay.

I always test the safe upon arrival to see if it's going to work properly, and it did the day before.

Anyway, the party started at 9 and lasted until 11. We got there at 10:30.

Here is the birthday boy. It was hot and he'd been playing hard.

Okie Memorial Area
Here is Emily at the party.

Okie Memorial Area

And another at home yesterday.

Okie Memorial Area
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 07-18-2011 at 09:02..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 00:43   #7707
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
The sun gets overhead here during the day just like every where else. If you were the only one up when the BEAR showed up, you have several options. You could scream like a little girl and wake everyone up with their hair standing on end. You could fire up the video camera and show us over coffee in the morning what we missed out on. Or you could open the door and invite him in, and wake me up and tell me I had company. Or you could just be like the movie 'Stand By Me' with the deer at night, and watch him and say nothing. Your little secret.
A couple of those options sound great, but would only work if the bear isn't looking at me like I'm lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I hope your cough is better and you're sleeping too.: hearts:: grouphug:: iloveyou:
The cough is better than it was, but still not gone. Sleep? Think I'll cheat on my meds, I need the sleep bad. Today's been a long one. I rode with a friend to Atlanta for a little shopping, and even drove a little bit of the highway driving. No, we didn't go to the mall.

Then tonight a friend and her family went out with me for a sushi party. $200 worth os sushi and a little beer later we waddled out of the place. I'm still stuffed.

Quote:
We almost didn't make it to the party. ...............................
Wow, remind me to never use the hotel safe! I don't trust them anyway, I've heard of hotel staff cleaning out too many of them.

Here is Emily at the party.

And another at home yesterday.
Those pics are too cute! I especially like the last one of Emily.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 07-19-2011 at 00:44..
Old 07-19-2011, 00:57   #7708
23skidoo
Deceased

I'm glad you got some sushi Sweetheart! I know how much you love it. You drove too!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:55   #7709
BobInTX

Quote:
The cough is better than it was, but still not gone. Sleep? Think I'll cheat on my meds, I need the sleep bad. Today's been a long one. I rode with a friend to Atlanta for a little shopping, and even drove a little bit of the highway driving. No, we didn't go to the mall.

Then tonight a friend and her family went out with me for a sushi party. $200 worth os sushi and a little beer later we waddled out of the place. I'm still stuffed.

Those pics are too cute! I especially like the last one of Emily.
She is pretty cute, I must admit.

I'm glad you're being able to get out with friends. I hope you were so exhausted you crashed pretty hard.

Is the sleep problem from pain or from nightmares? Are you working on your nightmare visualization or is that on leave, too?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:47   #7710
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Maybe a little too much. ::

'Loaded' was the operative word. ::

Although all the meds I'm on sure make me a cheap drunk. ::
So was it worth the hangover?

Quote:
We almost didn't make it to the party. Saturday morning at 9 I put my G23 and my wife's wedding rings in the in-room safe in the hotel. It made a funny noise and never displayed the code I put in. I reentered the code and it said --OPEN-- but the door wouldn't open. Greaaattttt...

So in my panic I called the front desk. They said to leave it alone for 15 minutes and the general manager would come up and enter his code. Well 25 minutes later he showed up, put in his code, and it still wouldn't open. It was displaying an error code all this time. So he went back to the office to get a tool they can use to open it.

He's gone another 15 minutes or so. He comes back and says that the error code means that something is in the way of the bars. So he literally starts hitting the safe with a hammer to get it unjammed, as the manual states. After about 10 minutes it finally opens. They were nice enough not to peek inside, and there was absolutely nothing in the way of the bars. Needless to say, the safe didn't get used the rest of our stay.

I always test the safe upon arrival to see if it's going to work properly, and it did the day before.

Anyway, the party started at 9 and lasted until 11. We got there at 10:30.

What a scare! Those pictures are darling!

When Wolfe goes to visit you she may try to bring Emily home with her.

Quote:

So did you buy anything interesting? I hope you got some good sleep without having to take more meds that you are supposed to. How does your chest feel? You are still working on visualizing an alternate ending to the nightmares I hope. Have you made any progress in the last few days?

Quote:
I'm glad you got some sushi Sweetheart! I know how much you love it. You drove too!::
I doubt that will be the last time she has sushi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 20:30   #7711
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just tonight Sweetheart.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:34   #7712
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
The sleep of the just tonight Sweetheart.: hearts:: grouphug:: iloveyou:
I like that idea, let me try again.

Quote:
So was it worth the hangover?
Of course.

So did you buy anything interesting?
Yes.

I hope you got some good sleep without having to take more meds that you are supposed to. How does your chest feel? You are still working on visualizing an alternate ending to the nightmares I hope. Have you made any progress in the last few days?

I should probably take the 5th on the meds, but I needed the sleep bad. The chest feels like someone shot me, then ran me over. Nightmares are still pretty much the same, even added a few new variants. No real progress, but haven't lost any ground, either.

I doubt that will be the last time she has sushi.
Now why would you say a thing like that?

Quote:
She is pretty cute, I must admit.
Understatement of the week, maybe?

I'm glad you're being able to get out with friends. I hope you were so exhausted you crashed pretty hard.
I did. I woke up after about 4-5 hours and had to take more stuff to go back to sleep, but most have slept another 4 hours after that. I needed to sleep about 4 more still, but that was an improvement.
Is the sleep problem from pain or from nightmares? Are you working on your nightmare visualization or is that on leave, too? : supergrin:
It's the usual combination of both, plus still some coughing. Yes, I been trying to visualize a better ending than getting shot again.

Quote:
I'm glad you got some sushi Sweetheart! I know how much you love it. You drove too!: hugs:: hearts:: iloveyou:
Why you so happy that I drove a little? You expecting me to drive your butt around?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-20-2011, 01:41   #7713
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Wow, I'm out of date, last time we talked, you were still in country!

Glad you made it home, and are enjoying some of the niceties of being in America again. I know I can't wait.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:49   #7714
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Wow, I'm out of date, last time we talked, you were still in country!

Glad you made it home, and are enjoying some of the niceties of being in America again. I know I can't wait.
Hiya Stick!!

LTNS, how you been? Unfortunately I'll be heading back over about the time I think you're heading my way. Oh well, supposedly I'll only have a few months left. And you're right, it's nice not to hear constant explosions around here.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-20-2011, 01:54   #7715
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Oh, I'm just peachy, I've got everything lined up, my boys will be loaded and headed back to AK very shortly. Myself, I have some buisness to attend in Kuwait, but should be home around the beginning of Aug some time.

Think I might take a break from deployments for a while unless I can hitch a ride with SF or a AF rescue unit this one really wore me out.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
Old 07-20-2011, 02:01   #7716
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

You going to be at Ali while you're in Kuwait? If you are, I might be able to see you when I pass through that craphole.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-20-2011, 02:04   #7717
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Quote:
You going to be at Ali while you're in Kuwait? If you are, I might be able to see you when I pass through that craphole.

I won't be at Ali, but I will have my own rig, and off post memo's

Shoot me an e-mail when you're headed this way, and I'll see if I can't run to Ali for the day.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:14   #7718
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I won't be at Ali, but I will have my own rig, and off post memo's

Shoot me an e-mail when you're headed this way, and I'll see if I can't run to Ali for the day.
That'd be too cool! Until a duststorm blows in and keeps you stuck at Ali, that is.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-20-2011, 02:34   #7719
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

I'll risk it

What were you home for? getting some well deserved R&R or doctor stuff?

Old 07-20-2011, 02:39   #7720
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'll risk it

What were you home for? getting some well deserved R&R or doctor stuff?

R&R, the doctor stuff is the reason I stay in Iraq. Better (and a lot more) care than the VA has the resources to give.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!