Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:23   #7661
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope your infection is cleared up soon so you can get some real sleep without the pain caused by the coughing. Feel better soon.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23   #7662
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You are both welcome.

I was glad to help because I hate to see anyone in that kind of pain. I hope no one shoots me for being the bearer of bad news but Wolfe has an upper respiratory infection. Something like this would affect her more than normal so some prayers would be good right now.
That explains the coughing. Nah, we won't shoot ya. Then we'd have two of you to worry about.

Is she still in the hospital, SR?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:58   #7663
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
Feel better, prayers sent.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 14:46   #7664
engineer151515

Old 07-12-2011, 19:00   #7665
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Prayers being said right away for Lone...Keep us updated please!
Thank you for that and I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
That explains the coughing. Nah, we won't shoot ya. Then we'd have two of you to worry about.

What a relief! But I doubt I would have survived since Wolfe is much tougher than I am.

I brought her home with me. We picked up her prescriptions and stopped at Five Guys and shared a burger and fries. Now she is in my guest bedroom where her chest is having a close personal relationship with a pillow. I hope the pain meds she took can take the edge off soon. I told her to get in here and post something and she said she would soon. She will even if I have to hold the computer up for her to type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 22:53   #7666
BobInTX

Hey, Wolfe, the tuxedo cat let me pet it today.
Old 07-13-2011, 00:24   #7667
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Thank you for taking care of her, SR. I'm glad she has you to serve as liason to the hospital so they know her medical history and what not to do.
One of the PA's asked me if I've ever taken anti-depressants. I said "Yes, for about 4 months". His response was "How'd that work out, I wonder if you need to go back on them". I didn't know where to begin...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Please visit anytime, Wolfe! I hope that you are sleeping better.
I'd love to. If I could drive I might already be up there.

It looks like I'll have to plan on visiting in a few months when I get back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Ode to Lady_Wolfe

Of relief from torment in dream you seek,
Demons in dream you so often speak.

So very many days you spent in sand,
Finally to home you have come to stand.

Your plight of healing many here learn,
To end your suffering so many yearn.

Simply your duty, you were doing you fuss,
A Shining Star of hope & courage you are to us.

Inspiration to me you give,
Your story, I'll remember as long as I live.

Grouchy Old Fart,.........
Wow, that's beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye, a different kind of tear than I get from my chest or hearing about your finger. Hope that's healing up OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
Feel better Wolfe!
Thanks, my friend. Hope you get to feeling better yourself.

Quote:
Hey, Wolfe, the tuxedo cat let me pet it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,
Feel better, prayers sent.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
: angel:: angel:
How you doing today.

Quote:
Wolfe has been coughing badly for over a week now and today she was in so much pain that I drove her to the hospital for help. Even with me vouching for her they were reluctant to treat her but finally relented. She is concerned about the recent repairs to her chest being damaged. I just checked on her a few minutes ago and they have her sedated. I hope they keep her that way for a while as she has not slept well at all since coming home. I also pray that she has not aggravated her chest injury with the travel and coughing.
Silent_Runner took me home with her for tonight, she wants to be able to keep an eye on me. I've got my pain meds, plus new stuff for the cough and infection. Iím a bit doped up beyond the meds I usually take, but nothing like the way I get doped up in Iraq. They didnít believe me when I told them what meds I take and that itís all prescribed. At first they thought I was just trying to get more Oxy or something. Between myself and Silent_Runner we finally convinced them that I have enough of that, but was still hurting really bad, then they wanted to ship me off to the VA hospital an hour away. Then a certain nurse had some words with a doctor that I couldnít hear, but can imagine, and he came back in the room willing to help me. They took X-rays and decided that I havenít torn apart any of the repair workÖ Yet. If this keeps up Iíll bet I do.

Iím just frustrated that Iím on leave and supposed to be trying to enjoy my time a little and instead I feel worse than I did over there. You guys want to hear that I'm sitting out on my deck drinking a beer in Greg's honor, maybe going to the beach, meeting other GT'ers (besides Silent_Runner), etc, and it's not happening. I have yet to sit outside at all, and I've drank just a little mainly to enhance the pain meds. It's driving me nuts, but I hurt too much to do anything at all.

Quote:
Thank you for that and I will.

What a relief!: phew: But I doubt I would have survived since Wolfe is much tougher than I am.
Yeah, right...........

I brought her home with me. We picked up her prescriptions and stopped at Five Guys and shared a burger and fries. Now she is in my guest bedroom where her chest is having a close personal relationship with a pillow. I hope the pain meds she took can take the edge off soon. I told her to get in here and post something and she said she would soon. She will even if I have to hold the computer up for her to type.
Actually she's asleep now and I'm propping up the computer all by myself. Once the meds I took when we got home kicked in I actually managed to get a couple hours sleep. I needed it too, I haven't slept much at all in well over a week. The coughing seems a bit less, but it's still bad. And painful as hell. The doc here seems to be real good, he's concerned about this because of the problems I already have.

Quote:
That explains the coughing. Nah, we won't shoot ya. Then we'd have two of you to worry about. : whistling:

Don't shoot her, she's too helpful. If you're going to shoot anyone shoot me and put me out of my misery!

The doc here says the infection likely happened because I couldn't cough out the stuff I'm allergic to very well. I'm a little surprised that hasn't happened before now with the breathing problems I have. Goes to show how close an eye my doc in Iraq has kept on me, I guess.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:29   #7668
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

How you doing today.

Funny,

I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

<<<< Today will be dodging thunderstorms on a motorcycle in Mobile, Alabama.

Has high "slip and slide" potential.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:30   #7669
Drew Furst

I have a dumb question. You are on "leave", which implies that you are heading back to Iraq, right? Why are they shipping you back there??? Since you are here, why don't they just keep you here and treat you at one of the VA hospitals in the states?

My heart goes out to you. I hope you find rest so you can gain the strength to recover.
Drew Furst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:49   #7670
BobInTX

Quote:
One of the PA's asked me if I've ever taken anti-depressants. I said "Yes, for about 4 months". His response was "How'd that work out, I wonder if you need to go back on them". I didn't know where to begin...........

If he doesn't want some pissed off people with guns come to visit him I advise he leave the AD's alone.

I'd love to. If I could drive I might already be up there.

It looks like I'll have to plan on visiting in a few months when I get back here.

And then come to see me.

Silent_Runner took me home with her for tonight, she wants to be able to keep an eye on me. I've got my pain meds, plus new stuff for the cough and infection. Iím a bit doped up beyond the meds I usually take, but nothing like the way I get doped up in Iraq. They didnít believe me when I told them what meds I take and that itís all prescribed. At first they thought I was just trying to get more Oxy or something. Between myself and Silent_Runner we finally convinced them that I have enough of that, but was still hurting really bad, then they wanted to ship me off to the VA hospital an hour away. Then a certain nurse had some words with a doctor that I couldnít hear, but can imagine, and he came back in the room willing to help me. They took X-rays and decided that I havenít torn apart any of the repair workÖ Yet. If this keeps up Iíll bet I do.

Iím just frustrated that Iím on leave and supposed to be trying to enjoy my time a little and instead I feel worse than I did over there. You guys want to hear that I'm sitting out on my deck drinking a beer in Greg's honor, maybe going to the beach, meeting other GT'ers (besides Silent_Runner), etc, and it's not happening. I have yet to sit outside at all, and I've drank just a little mainly to enhance the pain meds. It's driving me nuts, but I hurt too much to do anything at all.

Actually she's asleep now and I'm propping up the computer all by myself. Once the meds I took when we got home kicked in I actually managed to get a couple hours sleep. I needed it too, I haven't slept much at all in well over a week. The coughing seems a bit less, but it's still bad. And painful as hell. The doc here seems to be real good, he's concerned about this because of the problems I already have.

Don't shoot her, she's too helpful. If you're going to shoot anyone shoot me and put me out of my misery!

The doc here says the infection likely happened because I couldn't cough out the stuff I'm allergic to very well. I'm a little surprised that hasn't happened before now with the breathing problems I have. Goes to show how close an eye my doc in Iraq has kept on me, I guess.
I hate this for you. I worry about you going back over there without the guys who have helped you so much. I know you do, too. You deserve the best medical treatment you can get.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59   #7671
BobInTX

Here ya go! Just took these this morning.

Okie Memorial AreaOkie Memorial Area

He's a little scraggly looking. I think he brushed up against a low-hanging pine branch and got sapped.

Okie Memorial Area

He's really afraid. Can you tell?

Okie Memorial Area

I've been luring him with food. The last two nights I've gotten him to eat out of my hand. He's still skittish but he let me pet him behind the ears last night. He kind of liked that. His name is Barney and he really belongs to the neighbors next door. We feed him too. He keeps the snakes and mice away.

We have another cat that hangs around, too. We call him Whitey. Barney is dominant over him so I can't get close enough to pet him. He is still real jumpy.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 07-13-2011, 12:21   #7672
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Yes we all hoped you would be able to enjoy your time home and hopefully give your mind a chance to rest and heal. We hope that will still be possible when you beat this problem.

I looked in the room and saw you had fallen asleep and looked like you were not having a nightmare so there was no way I was going to wake you. You need that too much. And you can forget about me shooting you because I think if I did BobInTX would change his mind about shooting me.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 07-13-2011, 13:27   #7673
BobInTX

I'm not the only one.

SR, give her a hug for me.
Old 07-13-2011, 18:29   #7674
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I'm not the only one.

I was afraid of that!

One hug given at your request. Would anyone else like me to hug her on your behalf while she is in the next room?
Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 18:36   #7675
Buki192327

Prayers still inbound for LW even though I am not able to be on here a lot anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 19:53   #7676
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
I was afraid of that!

One hug given at your request. Would anyone else like me to hug her on your behalf while she is in the next room?
Yes please...the most gentle of hugs possible!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 21:37   #7677
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
......Wow, that's beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye, a different kind of tear than I get from my chest or hearing about your finger. Hope that's healing up OK.

I had an inspiring moment,.........
Finger is ok,......how are you doing? Upper respiratory infections suk azz!
But having one with your situation? The thought nearly brings a tear to my eye!

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 07-13-2011 at 21:39..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 00:42   #7678
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I had an inspiring moment,.........: hugs:
Finger is ok,......how are you doing? Upper respiratory infections suk azz!
But having one with your situation? The thought nearly brings a tear to my eye!
Trust me, it's brought a tear 20 to my eyes too, every time I have another round of coughing.

back at you. Glad that finger is doing better, mine hurt just to hear about yours. BTW, your inspiring moments inspire me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
Prayers still inbound for LW even though I am not able to be on here a lot anymore.
Buki!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's good to see you again. Brings a smile to my face to see you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Yes please...the most gentle of hugs possible!
Hug recieved and returned, thank you.

Quote:
I was afraid of that!: scared:

Guess that means you won't be putting me out of my misery. Damn.

She's still taking orders, folks. And who wants me to hug her for you?

Quote:
I'm not the only one.

Hug recieved, here's one back.

Quote:
I looked in the room and saw you had fallen asleep and looked like you were not having a nightmare so there was no way I was going to wake you. You need that too much. And you can forget about me shooting you because I think if I did BobInTX would change his mind about shooting me.
Have no fear, the nightmares came around later, after you went to bed. They've already showed themselves again tonight. And I think you'd be OK shooting me, you have more guns that Bob. (And most of GT for that matter)

Quote:
Here ya go! Just took these this morning.
He's a little cutie! The other one is pretty too, maybe he'll come around when he see's his buddy getting all the love. Thanks for showing them to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Furst View Post
I have a dumb question. You are on "leave", which implies that you are heading back to Iraq, right? Why are they shipping you back there??? Since you are here, why don't they just keep you here and treat you at one of the VA hospitals in the states?

My heart goes out to you. I hope you find rest so you can gain the strength to recover.
Yep, going back in a couple weeks. The reason I've stay in Iraq instead of here is I get much better medical care over there than the VA could give me here. The hospital over there agreed to treat me as though I were still on active duty, and even though it's turned out to be a lot more involved than expected they've kept thier word and then some. The VA just doesn't have the resources to give me the medical care I need, physical and mental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Funny,

I was thinking the exact same thing about you. : supergrin:

<<<< Today will be dodging thunderstorms on a motorcycle in Mobile, Alabama.

Has high "slip and slide" potential.
Now you need to check back in so I know you kept the rubber side down out there.

<<< has ridden through very heavy rain before, it's not fun when you can't see the taillights ahead of you.

Quote:
If he doesn't want some pissed off people with guns come to visit him I advise he leave the AD's alone.
He couldn't have prescribed them anyway, he just seemed to think they'd be a good idea. The mental image of a posse of GT'ers showing up at the hospital with guns in hand cracks me up.

And then come to see me.
I definitely want to meet you and the family. Including that little cutie, Emily.

: sigh: I hate this for you. I worry about you going back over there without the guys who have helped you so much. I know you do, too. You deserve the best medical treatment you can get.
Thanks, and you're right about the worry. This is all the more frustrating because I was supposed to gain ground while I was home not working, not lose ground. Today I'm still coughing, but not quite as much as the last few days. Damn chest screams at the mere thought of a cough, though.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:03   #7679
BobInTX

Quote:

Guess that means you won't be putting me out of my misery. Damn.

She's still taking orders, folks. And who wants me to hug her for you?

Oh, oh! Me! Me!

Hug recieved, here's one back. Aww, Thanks.

Have no fear, the nightmares came around later, after you went to bed. They've already showed themselves again tonight. And I think you'd be OK shooting me, you have more guns that Bob. (And most of GT for that matter)

Yeah, but she still only has two hands.
"If he doesn't want some pissed off people with guns come to visit him I advise he leave the AD's alone.
"He couldn't have prescribed them anyway, he just seemed to think they'd be a good idea. The mental image of a posse of GT'ers showing up at the hospital with guns in hand cracks me up.

Good, that's why I said it!

"And then come to see me."
I definitely want to meet you and the family. Including that little cutie, Emily. I'm going to hold you to that.

He's a little cutie! The other one is pretty too, maybe he'll come around when he see's his buddy getting all the love. Thanks for showing them to me.

You're welcome. I'll try to have them so they'll sit in your lap when you come to see me.

Yep, going back in a couple weeks. The reason I've stay in Iraq instead of here is I get much better medical care over there than the VA could give me here. The hospital over there agreed to treat me as though I were still on active duty, and even though it's turned out to be a lot more involved than expected they've kept thier word and then some. The VA just doesn't have the resources to give me the medical care I need, physical and mental.

Thanks, and you're right about the worry. This is all the more frustrating because I was supposed to gain ground while I was home not working, not lose ground. Today I'm still coughing, but not quite as much as the last few days. Damn chest screams at the mere thought of a cough, though.
I'll bet your back hurts too from the coughing. I'll bet you caught something on the plane ride over. Probably from that guy in 18B with the goat.

So, are you staying in bed today, or are you going to try to get out some?

Last edited by BobInTX; 07-14-2011 at 08:05..
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25   #7680
engineer151515

Quote:

Now you need to check back in so I know you kept the rubber side down out there.

<<< has ridden through very heavy rain before, it's not fun when you can't see the taillights ahead of you.

Checking in.

Last edited by engineer151515; 07-14-2011 at 22:25..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!