GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:10   #7641
ancient_serpent

Hey, glad you're back stateside, I should be there myself in a few weeks. I hope you're feeling better now, take care!
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09   #7642
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:07   #7643
23skidoo
Deceased

Hey Sweetheart! You told me in Atlanta last year your Mustang required a lot of effort to get into 1st and reverse so You might want to hold off on driving it until you feel better. I know you feel like crap now but it will get better.
Old 07-08-2011, 14:06   #7644
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hey Sweetheart! You told me in Atlanta last year your Mustang required a lot of effort to get into 1st and reverse so You might want to hold off on driving it until you feel better. I know you feel like crap now but it will get better.:
Do you really think Wolfe will go without driving her Mustang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Yep, I've had some good food, way better than the DFAC. Today I went to a little BBQ place that I've gone to for years and when I walked in the lady that runs the place remembered me. Apparently she'd heard somehow that I'd gotten hurt, and she asked if I was doing better. I said I was and ordered my plate. She wouldn't let me pay for it! That was unexpected and nice of her.

Good idea on the driving, but I need someone with me all the time. Sometimes I can handle the driving, other times it just hurts too much. Today I managed to drive just a little, but had to take my pickup because it steers easier.

As I told you earlier, I'm scared and feel like I'm on a presure overload, mainly because I don'y have a way to get relief like I normally do. I haven't been able to talk to my shrink about any of this or my nightmares, and I really wish I could. My head is in a mess right now.
:
I think I know where you ate and I agree that it was very nice of them to do that. It just goes to show that you are appreciated.

23skidoo may be right about the Mustang but I think maybe you should not drive at all at least until your current flareup subsides. You may not have your shrink to talk to but you do have us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post

I suggest the first time you drive you have someone go with you just in case you can't.
She wanted to go somewhere this morning and I ended up doing the driving for her. She has had an allergic reaction to something and is coughing a lot and has been in severe pain the last couple of days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 15:46   #7645
BobInTX

Great. Coughing.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 17:43   #7646
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Great. Coughing.
"Great". That's MUCH cleaner than what I been saying.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 20:22   #7647
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
As Bob said, just for a few weeks. What's been happening with you, I hate to hear it's so bad.
I'm glad you're getting some time stateside...I'm praying for your visit to be relaxing.

We've been moving. One of the trips back for another load and a speeding driver hit my precious companion. Right in front of my son...he saw it, and so did I. The jerk was speeding through a gas station parking lot and didn't even try to slow down. She was almost 12...and I had her since she was 3 1/2 weeks old. Then, we get to the house on the last trip...get the big dog up the stairs (he was blind and had been away for 2 years). He laid down in his favorite old spot and died in his sleep. He was nearly 13. Two dogs gone in 2 weeks. My son was diagnosed with Lymes disease on the same trip as our little girl was killed...so it's been a really rough several weeks now. I'm ready for it to be over now...

Hugs

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 20:32   #7648
BobInTX

Quote:
"Great". That's MUCH cleaner than what I been saying.
So, what were you allergic to? Air without sand in it?
Old 07-09-2011, 00:05   #7649
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I'm glad you're getting some time stateside...I'm praying for your visit to be relaxing.

We've been moving. One of the trips back for another load and a speeding driver hit my precious companion. Right in front of my son...he saw it, and so did I. The jerk was speeding through a gas station parking lot and didn't even try to slow down. She was almost 12...and I had her since she was 3 1/2 weeks old. Then, we get to the house on the last trip...get the big dog up the stairs (he was blind and had been away for 2 years). He laid down in his favorite old spot and died in his sleep. He was nearly 13. Two dogs gone in 2 weeks. My son was diagnosed with Lymes disease on the same trip as our little girl was killed...so it's been a really rough several weeks now. I'm ready for it to be over now...

Hugs
Oh damn, I'm so sorry to hear about your fur-babies and son. I'll send up some extra prayers for you.

Quote:
Hey Sweetheart! You told me in Atlanta last year your Mustang required a lot of effort to get into 1st and reverse so You might want to hold off on driving it until you feel better. I know you feel like crap now but it will get better.: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Feel like crap is an understatement. Right now it hurts too much to drive my truck too, so I'm not driving anything for a couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_serpent View Post
Hey, glad you're back stateside, I should be there myself in a few weeks. I hope you're feeling better now, take care!
So you coming back for good or just leave? And it's good to hear from you again.

Quote:
So, what were you allergic to? Air without sand in it?
I'm not sure, but that sounds like as good a guess as any.

I'm also allergic to bullets, but we already knew that. I'm sure paying for all the coughing along with the travel from last week. How I wish I could go into the hospital to be knocked out on pain meds right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I think I know where you ate and I agree that it was very nice of them to do that. It just goes to show that you are appreciated.

It really was a surprise, and a pleasant one.

23skidoo may be right about the Mustang but I think maybe you should not drive at all at least until your current flareup subsides. You may not have your shrink to talk to but you do have us.

I'm not driving until at least Sunday, I don't have a car with me right now..
My shrink suggested the same thing my previous one did, that I spend some time in an unfamiliar environment so I wouldn't feel like I should feel at home. So today I caught a ride with a friend of a friend and am at a hotel in Birmingham. OK, so it's not the Kuwaiti Hilton, but it's got a nice bed, internet access, and a fridge for me beer.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-09-2011, 09:06   #7650
engineer151515

Quote:
So today I caught a ride with a friend of a friend and am at a hotel in Birmingham. OK, so it's not the Kuwaiti Hilton, but it's got a nice bed, internet access, and a fridge for me beer.
Wow. B-ham?
<<< Could have visited daughter and you both.

< sigh >
Old 07-09-2011, 21:36   #7651
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Wow. B-ham?
<<< Could have visited daughter and you both.

< sigh >
Damn, I'd have loved to meet you!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-10-2011, 22:02   #7652
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're doing okay.
Old 07-10-2011, 23:51   #7653
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Please visit anytime, Wolfe! I hope that you are sleeping better.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 13:13   #7654
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Wolfe has been coughing badly for over a week now and today she was in so much pain that I drove her to the hospital for help. Even with me vouching for her they were reluctant to treat her but finally relented. She is concerned about the recent repairs to her chest being damaged. I just checked on her a few minutes ago and they have her sedated. I hope they keep her that way for a while as she has not slept well at all since coming home. I also pray that she has not aggravated her chest injury with the travel and coughing.
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 07-11-2011, 13:22   #7655
BobInTX

Thank you for taking care of her, SR. I'm glad she has you to serve as liason to the hospital so they know her medical history and what not to do.
Old 07-11-2011, 18:12   #7656
23skidoo
Deceased

Thank you Miss S_R!
Old 07-11-2011, 22:32   #7657
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Ode to Lady_Wolfe

Of relief from torment in dream you seek,
Demons in dream you so often speak.

So very many days you spent in sand,
Finally to home you have come to stand.

Your plight of healing many here learn,
To end your suffering so many yearn.

Simply your duty, you were doing you fuss,
A Shining Star of hope & courage you are to us.

Inspiration to me you give,
Your story, I'll remember as long as I live.

Grouchy Old Fart,.........
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 22:35   #7658
m2hmghb

Feel better Wolfe!

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:46   #7659
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Thank you Miss S_R!
You are both welcome.

Quote:
Thank you for taking care of her, SR. I'm glad she has you to serve as liason to the hospital so they know her medical history and what not to do.
I was glad to help because I hate to see anyone in that kind of pain. I hope no one shoots me for being the bearer of bad news but Wolfe has an upper respiratory infection. Something like this would affect her more than normal so some prayers would be good right now.
Quote:
Old 07-12-2011, 07:55   #7660
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Prayers being said right away for Lone...Keep us updated please!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!