Unass?
Army term
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01   #9527
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Army term
Oh, I had no doubt.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:05   #9528
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

means to get out of.

i.e. Unass the truck.
Old 09-14-2012, 21:58   #9529
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
means to get out of.

i.e. Unass the truck.
Thanks and GTK. I was wondering if she cleared the room of something.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 22:02   #9530
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Thanks and GTK. I was wondering if she cleared the room of something.
No, Jeff would have had to do that for me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 13:12   #9531
BobInTX

I just wanted to let everyone on this thread know that I will be having surgery on my back on Tuesday, 9/18 in the morning. No hardware so hopefully all will go smooth. I'd appreciate your prayers.

Last edited by BobInTX; 09-16-2012 at 13:13..
Old 09-16-2012, 13:15   #9532
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I just wanted to let everyone on this thread know that I will be having surgery on my back on Tuesday, 9/18 in the morning. No hardware so hopefully all will go smooth. I'd appreciate your prayers.
You got it! Take care.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 15:01   #9533
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Hope you had a safe flight home!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 17:02   #9534
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Good luck to you Bob, I hope that's all it takes to get you going. Be praying for you.
Having mine 10-4 amd I get the works, rods screws and cages. Said there is a lot more risk this time because of what I've had done in the past and the fact I'm so weak from laying around for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38   #9535
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Apparently, I've got the back and leg pain she would have had otherwise.
Hopefully that's temporary.

Quote:
You know that you got them. Please let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Good luck to you Bob, I hope that's all it takes to get you going. Be praying for you.
Having mine 10-4 amd I get the works, rods screws and cages. Said there is a lot more risk this time because of what I've had done in the past and the fact I'm so weak from laying around for years.
You know that you got prayers, too. I really hope this time makes the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Hope you had a safe flight home!
Yep, I did. Although it was long and painful. Got delayed in Atlanta for a few hours, that broke Delta's perfect record on these WV trips I've made. All this traveling has been hard on me, I was hurting so bad last night even the Dilaudid wasn't taking it down enough. Still bad today, but not quite so much. Guess I better stay off planes for a while, eh?

That said, I don't regret making those 3 trips at all. A good friend deserves what I can do for them, even if all it is is to sit beside them and hold their hand in their last days. I don't make real life friends easily, but if I do, it means a lot to me. I've made a couple as a result of this thread, and also some people I've never met, but would if I could and am sure I'd count them as friends too. There's a lot of good people in here and Jeff was a shining example. I miss his friendship, his emails, and his encouraging posts in here. He's the one person who's been in here since the beginning, and it meant a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
LW, I'm not good with words, but my heart aches for you. I wish we could take the burden out of your pack and spread it around.
Thank you, Breadman. I wish you could too, but by spreading it on the ground so no one had to bear it. I'd really love a break from everything that's going on in my life for the last few years.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-17-2012, 19:14   #9536
deputy tom

Quote:
Good luck Bob and prayers sent. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cẹl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 00:02   #9537
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
So you ready to join me in some stoned posting? BTW, Bob's surgery has been moved back to 1PM. So now you know when to concentrate your prayers, rain dances, and good thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Bless you, sweet girl. It sounds like we might be making it down your way in October. Get some rest as the others said. Jeff was a wonderful, positive person who was so devoted to you.
That'd be cool! Wonder how much trouble we could get in.

Rst hasn't been easy t get for almost 4 years, now. Between nightmares, breathing troubles, pain, etc, it seems I'll never sleep through a night again.

On the subject of sleep and nightmares, Mandy has a friend. Mini Mitch lives with me now, I just couldn't send him to be cremated. OK, actually he gave me those pitiful kitty eyes, so I rescued him after he said good-bye to his daddy. I was expecting Mandy to be jealous, but she seems OK with her new friend. In fact, I think they're plotting against me.

Okie Memorial Area

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16   #9538
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Prayers for your procedure Bob! Prayers for your comfort and peace and for the doctors to have God's guidance.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02   #9539
Zonny

Quote:
On the subject of sleep and nightmares, Mandy has a friend. Mini Mitch lives with me now, I just couldn't send him to be cremated. OK, actually he gave me those pitiful kitty eyes, so I rescued him after he said good-bye to his daddy. I was expecting Mandy to be jealous, but she seems OK with her new friend. In fact, I think they're plotting against me.

Okie Memorial Area
BFFs

Last edited by Zonny; 09-18-2012 at 07:03..
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:08   #9540
BobInTX

Quote:
So you ready to join me in some stoned posting? BTW, Bob's surgery has been moved back to 1PM. So now you know when to concentrate your prayers, rain dances, and good thoughts.

That'd be cool! Wonder how much trouble we could get in.

Rst hasn't been easy t get for almost 4 years, now. Between nightmares, breathing troubles, pain, etc, it seems I'll never sleep through a night again.

Okie Memorial Area
Thanks for the prayers.

Kittens in your future?
Old 09-18-2012, 20:41   #9541
BobInTX

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers.

Kittens in your future?
Well, I had my surgery this afternoon and doc said it all went great. I will probably go home tomorrow. I've been having some surgery pain but not much like before. Just got my morphine shot. Woohoo!

Last edited by BobInTX; 09-18-2012 at 23:00..
Old 09-18-2012, 23:02   #9542
BobInTX

Darn. Morphine just made me sleepy and no hallucinations. And I was looking so forward to it.
Old 09-19-2012, 00:51   #9543
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 00:52   #9544
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
BFFs
They do seem to get along well. Mandy even let Mini-Mitch go hide when I reached for her to help me sleep. I think she could see he was scared ****less. Can't blame him, I launched Mandy again.

Quote:
Thanks for the prayers.

Kittens in your future?
The good thing about stuffed kitties is that they never grow up. Mitch is about 3 months old aand as cute as can be. Nice thing it, he's been that way over 2 years. I'm just sad that he's not still living with Jeff and the big Mitch.

Quote:
Well, I had my surgery this afternoon and doc said it all went great. I will probably go home tomorrow. I've been having some surgery pain but not much like before. Just got my morphine shot. Woohoo!
Glad to hear it went well. I was rally hoping for some stoned posting, but I was too depressed to come in here and help you along. Maybe tomorrow we can have a little party.

Quote:
Darn. Morphine just made me sleepy and no hallucinations. And I was looking so forward to it.
Morphine doesn't make me hallucinate, either. Although at times, I wish it did. You can always stone post from home tomorrow. We all know how much stoned posting I've done in here.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-19-2012, 18:57   #9545
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I'm glad that the surgery went well but am disappointed that you did not regale us with your posting prowess last night.

Quote:
Yep, I did. Although it was long and painful. Got delayed in Atlanta for a few hours, that broke Delta's perfect record on these WV trips I've made. All this traveling has been hard on me, I was hurting so bad last night even the Dilaudid wasn't taking it down enough. Still bad today, but not quite so much. Guess I better stay off planes for a while, eh?

That said, I don't regret making those 3 trips at all. A good friend deserves what I can do for them, even if all it is is to sit beside them and hold their hand in their last days. I don't make real life friends easily, but if I do, it means a lot to me. I've made a couple as a result of this thread, and also some people I've never met, but would if I could and am sure I'd count them as friends too. There's a lot of good people in here and Jeff was a shining example. I miss his friendship, his emails, and his encouraging posts in here. He's the one person who's been in here since the beginning, and it meant a lot to me.

Thank you, Breadman. I wish you could too, but by spreading it on the ground so no one had to bear it. I'd really love a break from everything that's going on in my life for the last few years.
Actually I can think of one more friend who has stayed with you from the beginning.

I knew you would never regret traveling to be with Jeff and at his funeral but now you need to focus on getting your own healing back on track. From what you told me here and on the phone you may have set yourself back quite a bit and may need to look to the VA for more than just pain meds. To borrow the words from dear Jeff you also need to continue to share in here and let us help you as best we can. I know you hurt and will grieve the loss of Jeff just as you have grieve the loss of other friends in here in a different way. Just remember how many of us in here do care about you. Jeff was right in that this world is better with you in it.

That picture of Mandy and Mitch is darling. I am glad you were able to bring him home with you.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 22:00   #9546
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Actually I can think of one more friend who has stayed with you from the beginning.

You've actually been around even longer han that, for which I thank you. I was referring to the friends I've made and lost here on GT.

I knew you would never regret traveling to be with Jeff and at his funeral but now you need to focus on getting your own healing back on track. From what you told me here and on the phone you may have set yourself back quite a bit and may need to look to the VA for more than just pain meds. To borrow the words from dear Jeff you also need to continue to share in here and let us help you as best we can. I know you hurt and will grieve the loss of Jeff just as you have grieve the loss of other friends in here in a different way. Just remember how many of us in here do care about you. Jeff was right in that this world is better with you in it.

That picture of Mandy and Mitch is darling. I am glad you were able to bring him home with you.
You're right, I had to go to the VA today, but couldn't get seen in spite of going to the front of the line. I have to go back tomorrow. I'm having a lot of trouble and pain breathing, I wonder if I'm getting another URI. I've had some congestion that I just can't cough out like I should, and it seems worse today.

Combine that with the chemo kicking my ass so bad all I've done today is hold down the couch and feel like s***. I hate chemo!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-21-2012, 10:32   #9547
BobInTX

"I love chemo!", said nobody ever, in the history of mankind.

Sorry you're dealing with that. Why can't you just go to a regular doctor with your insurance ? Seems like if you have a uri that's not injury related.

I'm doing pretty good. I'm learning to adapt to the surgery pain so I don't hurt moving around. I definitely can't bend over. I had a low grade fever for the first couple days but that's gone now.
Old 09-21-2012, 14:30   #9548
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
"I love chemo!", said nobody ever, in the history of mankind.

Sorry you're dealing with that. Why can't you just go to a regular doctor with your insurance ? Seems like if you have a uri that's not injury related.

I'm doing pretty good. I'm learning to adapt to the surgery pain so I don't hurt moving around. I definitely can't bend over. I had a low grade fever for the first couple days but that's gone now.
I suppose people like chemo better after it's over and they know it worked. Right now, it just sucks. I can barely move today. I did go to a VA doc and get seen today, and was told to go to the VA hospital. I'm waiting on my friend to get back, she's going to take me. If I'm not back in a day or 2, you'll know I died.

Actually the VA doc agreed that it's injury related. Because I have trouble breathing at times, and it hurts to cough to the point that I supress it, he agreed with me. I was really surprised he didn't argue with me.

Glad you're doing so well with the surgery. how soon do we get a video of you breakdancing? But seriously, go easy on that back while you heal. I'd really miss you around here if you beat yourself up too bad.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-21-2012, 14:40   #9549
BobInTX

Oh, don't die on us now. I understand the coughing hurting. It hurts my back to cough. And some other bodily functions nobody wants to hear about. I'm trying to take it easy. I'm actually writing this in bed.

Did you get the kitty pic I sent you? She was just all sprawled out there.
Old 09-21-2012, 16:16   #9550
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Hey all...had my back procedure today, and will have another one on the 5th of next month. They said I would be numb and feeling no pain for a few hours, then the numbing would wear off and I would be sore for about 3 to 5 days, and then HOPEFULLY the other chemical will be working after that. The second procedure is to verify the original findings on whether this is going to be effective. If it is, then I will have an ablation done on the nerve at the L5/S1. They said I will need to be fused eventually, but they want to wait until the L4 disc collapses too and do both at the same time.

I have had to be off my blood thinner and I can sure tell that I haven't had that!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!