Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:48   #7621
BobInTX

Yea! Get some good rest. And tell me tomorrow.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 13:15   #7622
OldLincoln

This is the best Independence Day event I can recall! I hope the healing continues at an ever increasing pace with few setbacks. You have and continue to pay a heavy price doing your part in protecting America and keeping us free. I understand you don't "feel" like a hero, but most heroes don't so you are in good company. Just keep the faith my friend.
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 15:58   #7623
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hey sweet girl! It is so good to hear you are Stateside. If you decide that you want to visit someplace green and warm, with people to hang out with who love you, give me a call. I'm messaging you my cell #. Take good care!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:05   #7624
engineer151515

Old 07-04-2011, 08:01   #7625
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Welcome home my friend. Is it for good?

I'm out of the loop, had a rough month and the last 2 weeks have been our own personal hell.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:06   #7626
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

OMG LW, been away for awhile. I'm so glad your coming home. Happy 4th to my favorite warrior. Your battles have been a inspiration for me and got me through some rough times. You've saved at least one life. Never forget that! I'll never forget you. Hope you stay in touch here. I'll try and do a better job. Luv ya gal!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 13:55   #7627
BobInTX

She's just on leave.
Old 07-04-2011, 15:47   #7628
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
She's just on leave.
Ah ok, thanks Bob.
Old 07-04-2011, 23:40   #7629
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Yea! Get some good rest. And tell me tomorrow.
Good rest still eludes me. In fact any real rest at all hasn't heppened yet. I haven't posted much becauseI didn't want to come in here griping about how crappy I feel when you folks are here welcoming me back to the States. Truth is, my chest is screaming and once again I feel like I'm in someone elses house and life.

I still plan to tell you a little about my trip back here, plus write back to the rest of you, but right now I'm so tired from the lack of sleep I can't think straight and I'm dealing with the depression that causes. Those damn demons weren't supposed to follow me here. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:55   #7630
23skidoo
Deceased

:No squeezing Sweetheart.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:03   #7631
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Good rest still eludes me. In fact any real rest at all hasn't heppened yet. I haven't posted much becauseI didn't want to come in here griping about how crappy I feel when you folks are here welcoming me back to the States. Truth is, my chest is screaming and once again I feel like I'm in someone elses house and life.

I still plan to tell you a little about my trip back here, plus write back to the rest of you, but right now I'm so tired from the lack of sleep I can't think straight and I'm dealing with the depression that causes. Those damn demons weren't supposed to follow me here. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Now you know we don't mind you griping about that. We just want to hear from you. I don't know about the others, but I expected you to feel like crap when you got back. You always do. The trip is hard on you. I understand that.

Would it help your chest to put a heating pad or an ice pack on it? I'm not sure which one it needs.

You need to find ways to pamper yourself while you're back. Take a nice hot bath. Get a girlfriend to go get a manicure and pedicure with you. Get a massage and have them work on your legs, arms, shoulders, and head while laying on your back. Go out to dinner. Do stuff you can't do in the sandbox. Don't coop yourself up in your house like you have to coop yourself up in your CHU. I know your chest hurts, but it's going to hurt at home, too.

I don't think you can expect your house to feel like home, when you haven't lived there for three years. This hasn't been your life for three years, either. I think you're just house-sitting for that chick with the revolvers who rides the motorcycles.

In the meantime, I'm here praying for you and holding your hand.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:07   #7632
Cheytac

Welcome home, pamper yourself and gripe all you want...
Cheytac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 17:14   #7633
23skidoo
Deceased

Old 07-05-2011, 18:53   #7634
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

It's not like you are griping about the weather. It's a normal way of dealing with pain.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:48   #7635
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
It's not like you are griping about the weather. It's a normal way of dealing with pain.
Trust me, the weather is on that gripe list too!

Damn, it's good to see you again. I was concerned about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheytac View Post
Welcome home, pamper yourself and gripe all you want...
Thanks, my friend. I got plenty more gripes where those came from. A friend is on her way over to give me ride somewhere, so I've only got a minute to gripe, but I'll be back later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
:No squeezing Sweetheart.: iloveyou:
So what's your obsession with squeezing anyway?!? :

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55   #7636
BobInTX

^^^ Good. Get out of the house and enjoy yourself.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:28   #7637
gemeinschaft
AKA Fluffy316

Send a message via AIM to gemeinschaft Send a message via Yahoo to gemeinschaft Send a message via Skype™ to gemeinschaft
Glad to hear that you are CONUS.

I hope that you will find an icy beverage and someone to welcome you home appropriately.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44   #7638
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemeinschaft View Post
Glad to hear that you are CONUS.

I hope that you will find an icy beverage and someone to welcome you home appropriately.
Thanks, gemeinschaft. A longtime friend came and got me at the airport, we went and got something to eat, then I asked her to take me by the beer store on the way to the house. That took care of the cold beverage issue. Right now Iím drinking a Founderís Porter and itís not half-bad.

Quote:
^^^ Good. Get out of the house and enjoy yourself.
I was going to pick up my car, but it didnít go as planned. By the time my friend got here I was hurting so bad and having so much trouble breathing that I was laying on my living room floor and couldnít get up. Poor S. came in and didnít have a clue what to do. When the worst was past and she wanted to help me up she kept offering me an arm to pull myself up on, which we know is a no-go for me. I finally asked her to step on one of my feet and I used that as leverage to sit up. I sure hope that doesnít happen too many more times. I did finally get the car, but not until much later. Now Iím hoping Iíll be able to drive it.

Quote:
Now you know we don't mind you griping about that. We just want to hear from you. I don't know about the others, but I expected you to feel like crap when you got back. You always do. The trip is hard on you. I understand that.

Would it help your chest to put a heating pad or an ice pack on it? I'm not sure which one it needs.

You need to find ways to pamper yourself while you're back. Take a nice hot bath. Get a girlfriend to go get a manicure and pedicure with you. Get a massage and have them work on your legs, arms, shoulders, and head while laying on your back. Go out to dinner. Do stuff you can't do in the sandbox. Don't coop yourself up in your house like you have to coop yourself up in your CHU. I know your chest hurts, but it's going to hurt at home, too.

I don't think you can expect your house to feel like home, when you haven't lived there for three years. This hasn't been your life for three years, either. I think you're just house-sitting for that chick with the revolvers who rides the motorcycles.

In the meantime, I'm here praying for you and holding your hand.
You sure expected right, I feel like ****. Between the nightmares and someone shooting me again whenever I fall asleep and the pain in my damn chest itís 5AM and sleep still eludes me. At least here I have a beer to help the meds along.
I use a heating pad sometimes, never ice. Ice made it hurt even worse. Iíve gone out to dinner a couple times already, and Iím drinking beer that has alcohol in it, so Iím damn sure not in the sandbox. I even got to see Silent_Runner, although only for a few minutes. Iím worried about being in that chick with all the gunís house. If she pulls up on a bike all pissed off that Iím in her house Iím screwed. I canít run and donít have any guns here.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-07-2011, 08:06   #7639
BobInTX

Next time you just might want to lay on the couch or something instead of the floor.

Is it aggravated because of the trip, or is it just the SOS?

Did you have anything good to eat?

I suggest the first time you drive you have someone go with you just in case you can't.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00   #7640
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Next time you just might want to lay on the couch or something instead of the floor.

Is it aggravated because of the trip, or is it just the SOS?

Did you have anything good to eat?

I suggest the first time you drive you have someone go with you just in case you can't.
Actually that was the plan, it just didn't work that way. Wasn't like I wanted to be on the floor, but I've been there before. And it's caused by some of both, SOS and the trip.

Yep, I've had some good food, way better than the DFAC. Today I went to a little BBQ place that I've gone to for years and when I walked in the lady that runs the place remembered me. Apparently she'd heard somehow that I'd gotten hurt, and she asked if I was doing better. I said I was and ordered my plate. She wouldn't let me pay for it! That was unexpected and nice of her.

Good idea on the driving, but I need someone with me all the time. Sometimes I can handle the driving, other times it just hurts too much. Today I managed to drive just a little, but had to take my pickup because it steers easier.

As I told you earlier, I'm scared and feel like I'm on a presure overload, mainly because I don'y have a way to get relief like I normally do. I haven't been able to talk to my shrink about any of this or my nightmares, and I really wish I could. My head is in a mess right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Welcome home my friend. Is it for good?

I'm out of the loop, had a rough month and the last 2 weeks have been our own personal hell.
As Bob said, just for a few weeks. What's been happening with you, I hate to hear it's so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hey sweet girl! It is so good to hear you are Stateside. If you decide that you want to visit someplace green and warm, with people to hang out with who love you, give me a call. I'm messaging you my cell #. Take good care!
Got your PM. Wish I could come up and stay this time, but wouldn't be able to make the drive yet. Can I take a rain check on the visit? I really want to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
This is the best Independence Day event I can recall! I hope the healing continues at an ever increasing pace with few setbacks. You have and continue to pay a heavy price doing your part in protecting America and keeping us free. I understand you don't "feel" like a hero, but most heroes don't so you are in good company. Just keep the faith my friend.
Thanks OldLincoln. I sure hope the healing speeds up, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
OMG LW, been away for awhile. I'm so glad your coming home. Happy 4th to my favorite warrior. Your battles have been a inspiration for me and got me through some rough times. You've saved at least one life. Never forget that! I'll never forget you. Hope you stay in touch here. I'll try and do a better job. Luv ya gal!
Magnus!!! Where you been, I been worried about you and missed you. It's sure good to see you again. I'm glad I could help you, although I really don't know how I did. Don't be such a stranger.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!