Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-28-2011, 17:39   #7601
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: grouphug: Biting my tongue as per your instructions. I hope those jackals at the border allow those beer trucks through unmolested this time. Feel better Babe.
Why send the beer here? I'll be in the States before it can get here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe you have been had!: rofl:

Who, me?

A patient that has any kind of doctor that concerned is also very rewarding to see them recover. Your doctors should all be very proud of themselves for what they have accomplished with you.

I agree with this completely. They may not have run into the line of fire but they saved your life just as surely as Greg did. Without your doctor especially I believe you would not be alive today. I wish I could say thank you in person to all of them.
I sure hope my doc especially is proud of what he did for me, my shrink too. I know they both told me they feel a sense of accomplishment. Without what he did for me I know I wouldn't be alive today. Someone had to recognize a drug allergy and get me off that crap and fast. And that's not even counting all the things he's done for me since then. I owe him and can't ever repay him.

I owe my shrink bigtime, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
PLUS 1,000 : wavey:
!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
When you see the muzzle flash, take action.

I take it landing in a heap on the ground doesn't count as action.

That may be what is happening to you in your detached dreams. Your subconscious realizes it's just a dream and so it doesn't bother you as much. What does your shrink say about that?

He's never mentioned anything like that. He doesn't seem to think it's nything except the Xanax doing what it's paid to do.

Now if I could just do something about the one where I'm at my desk at work and I realize I'm naked.

You know it's coming.............

Hmmm...let's just say that if it kept you from getting shot, yeah, I wouldn't mind two of you.

You'd probably shoot me yourself. And me too.

Now that would be funny as hell! But what would the rest of the soldiers do while I was doing all that?

1. Applaud

2. Call Satan to come pick up his trash

3. : bowdown:

hahahahaha

Please tell them that we all appreciate their volunteering to serve and to help our Wounded Warriors like you. They rank right up there with Greg and the medic as far as doing what it takes to save your life.
I'll pass on that and any other messages you want me too. I was thanking my doc today and I said “You didn’t have to do all that you did for me, you really went above and beyond” He said back to me (paraphrased) “Yes, I did. I knew of you and from your records couldn’t believe you were really in country. But the first time I saw YOU, you were fighting the restraints on a bed, both legs in casts and didn’t even seem to know where you were. I knew someone had really missed something serious, and you needed help and you needed it fast. I also knew that if you didn’t get it you probably wouldn’t love much longer and I couldn’t turn my back on someone like that. We all here owed you that much. If I’d realized right away how bad your injuries still were I’d have put you on a flight back to the States that same day, but by the time I really saw I figured if I was in for a penny I may as well be in for a pound. I know you still have a long way to go, but it makes me feel good to have had a part in getting you this far in your recovery”.

He had told me before that one reason he tried so hard with me is that I kept fighting even when I wanted to give up. I said something about how many times I’d have given up of I hadn’t been made to keep going. He told me that he thinks I’ve given up a hundred times, but one way or another I’d always gotten back up, with or without help, and gone on. How I wish he’d still be here when I get back, but he’s done so much I can’t ask him for any more. After all, he did save my life more than once.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 18:08   #7602
BobInTX

You wouldn't want to see those pics, trust me!

Both legs in casts? Tell me about that. I keep finding stuff I didn't know.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 22:03   #7603
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! You and I have talked about the voice inside of you that keeps telling you "Never give up!" Thank goodness your doc saw that too. You are an inspiration.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17   #7604
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
. I owe him and can't ever repay him.
Yes you can. Recover and live a good life and that will repay them as well as Greg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 14:58   #7605
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
You wouldn't want to see those pics, trust me!

Both legs in casts? Tell me about that. I keep finding stuff I didn't know.
Why wouldn't I want those pics?

It was actually mentioned in here, but a while back before you came around. The incident that landed me in the hospital here for a week and caused my allergy to anti-depressants included me trying to escape by running across some rocks, where I tripped and hurt both ankles. Because at the time I couldn’t get up on either foot, ice casts were put on both legs as a precaution. It turned out I’d just twisted and sprained both a little, no real harm done. But that’s the early morning that I met my doctor, and I wasn’t a pretty sight, I can assure you.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! You and I have talked about the voice inside of you that keeps telling you "Never give up!" Thank goodness your doc saw that too. You are an inspiration.
Inspiration, I doubt it. For who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Yes you can. Recover and live a good life and that will repay them as well as Greg.
If just living and recovering from my injuries is reward enough, then a lot of people are getting rewarded by my survival. Greg, my medic and the medevac crew that came for me, the docs and staff at the hospital I was taken to, then in Germany. Then my doc, shrink, plus several other docs, shrinks, medics etc that worked with me the last 2 ½ years. That just doesn’t seem to me like I’m doing enough to repay what they’ve all done and are still doing for me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-29-2011, 18:48   #7606
23skidoo
Deceased

I agree with Miss S_R, live your life well and you have repaid all debts in full. You are an inspiration to everyone who knows your story Sweetheart.
Old 06-30-2011, 18:09   #7607
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I agree with Miss S_R, live your life well and you have repaid all debts in full. You are an inspiration to everyone who knows your story Sweetheart.: smootchie:: iloveyou:
For inspiration goo look in the mirror, don't you think. Now I wish I could inspire my chest to stop screaming at me. It's giving me hell today, guess I pissed it off. Mandy too, she isn't real happy right now. . In fact she says “Oh no, not this **** again!”

Okie Memorial Area

I think she was looking for a knife when she saw me get out my bag and look at her with that look again. Hey, at least she goes in carry-on instead of checked bags! I can't really blame her for being upset though, look at what it's like in Kuwait today. Sandstorm from hell. Can't wait to get the hell out of this ****Hole!

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Those were taken from the window of a taxi going down the road slowly because we couldn't see very far at all. Those sandbars you see are across the road.

My doc and shrink both went a little above and beyond today. They both went with me to flight ops to see me off. They each gave me a hug and wished me well, and I bawled my eyes out as I said goodbye. In fact I’m crying again as I write this. My shrink also told me that he chose his job because he hoped he could make a difference to someone. I assured him that he did. I also passed on the messages I was asked to give them both.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-30-2011, 18:50   #7608
BobInTX

Safe travels, Wolfe.

Old 06-30-2011, 22:06   #7609
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Safe travels, Wolfe.

Big plus one Sweetheart.
Old 06-30-2011, 23:44   #7610
23skidoo
Deceased

Your psychiatrist was a Godsend compared to the one he replaced. Both docs obviously think highly of you and will make sure their replacements are well aware of your situation. It's going to be allright Sweetheart. I hope your flight to the states is uneventful this time.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:25   #7611
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Safe travels, Wolfe.

Thanks Bob, Skidoo.

I won't be on at my usual times because I'm going to be listening to my chest complain about how painful traveling is, but I'll also be 'enhancing' my pain meds later tonight. I'll check in when I can.

Mandy is so ready for this traveling to be done, she's sitting here beside me in the hotel lobby staring at the chocolates she can't have.

Okie Memorial Area

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-01-2011, 09:28   #7612
BobInTX

You still in Kuwait?
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56   #7613
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
Have a safe travel and great time.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 17:12   #7614
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're feeling better today and your chest isn't screaming at you.
Old 07-01-2011, 23:35   #7615
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
You still in Kuwait?
Nope, I'm sitting in a bar in the Amsterdam airport. A certain critter is trying to steal my beer. Aint gonna happen.

Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,
Have a safe travel and great time.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Thanks Gyfgyf. Do me a favor and add 'uneventful' to that wish list. So far it's been anything but.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're feeling better today and your chest isn't screaming at you.
My chest is giving me holy hell and I had a nasty breathing attack when I was waiting to board the plane in Kuwait. I was doing me best to hide it so I wouldn't get stopped from getting on and I almost passed out. Crap, it hurt! Took a while to get it to subside too, and I'm still feeling it.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-01-2011, 23:58   #7616
Blast
'nuff said

Okie Memorial Area
Old 07-02-2011, 09:15   #7617
gemeinschaft
AKA Fluffy316

Send a message via AIM to gemeinschaft Send a message via Yahoo to gemeinschaft Send a message via Skype™ to gemeinschaft
Glad to hear that you are mobile. I hope this means that you will be sleeping in your own bed before long.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:02   #7618
BobInTX

Well, I hope you're on a plane now and not in some hosPital in Amsterdam.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:03   #7619
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Okie Memorial Area
I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemeinschaft View Post
Glad to hear that you are mobile. I hope this means that you will be sleeping in your own bed before long.
Thanks. My bed is right down the hall and I think I'm about to pour my exhausted butt in it and hope I can sleep.

Quote:
Well, I hope you're on a plane now and not in some hosPital in Amsterdam.
Actually I'm in Fort Livingroom right now. My chest is giving me enough hell to put me in a hospital, though. It was a lonnnng trip. If you want I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-03-2011, 07:45   #7620
23skidoo
Deceased

Sleep well Sweetheart.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!