Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-23-2011, 18:22   #7581
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Lady_Wolfe........

May be off line for a week or so. Start loading the truck tomorrow. Moon
Miami goodbye on Monday. Will be in the new house on the 1st.

So with packing, driving, unpacking, moving furniture 15 times around the house.
Doubt I'll have time for squat!

PS,......will get back to the Black Smith project in a few weeks.
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 18:30   #7582
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Lady_Wolfe........

May be off line for a week or so. Start loading the truck tomorrow. Moon
Miami goodbye on Monday. Will be in the new house on the 1st.

So with packing, driving, unpacking, moving furniture 15 times around the house.
Doubt I'll have time for squat!

PS,......will get back to the Black Smith project in a few weeks.
You and yours have a safe trip.

Oh, and I want a pic of you mooning Miami.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 19:11   #7583
23skidoo
Deceased

May your breathing never be tight Sweetheart.
Old 06-24-2011, 18:27   #7584
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
May your breathing never be tight Sweetheart.
There's only one way that's going to be possible anytime soon............

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
So, Mandy did her job and gave us a glimpse of the torture your brain has been putting you through in your nightmares. If I had your address I'd send her some chocolate.

The one common denominator to the nightmares that Mandy reported is that you get shot. The dreams have varying details, but that one thing starts them all. So we have to change that.

I want you to take this part of your story, which I've rewritten to present tense, and pick it up from here. But I want you to change the outcome. Remember, this is a dream, so the laws of physics don't apply. You can change line of sight, your physical abilities, what you had with you, etc. Just don't get shot. And don't be flippant. Change helplessness to powerful. You are in command of the outcome.
That's just some of the nightmares I have, but it's one of the recurring ones. Bear in mind if you send that little traitor chocolate I'll intercept it and eat it myself.

So I'm sitting here in bed listening to a pair of noisy-ass Blackhawks landing nearby , and thought I'd try to come up with something here. I'm no good at all at coming up with something out of my hat, but here goes......

ASSIGNMENT:
We lock and load, and wait. The back door of the MRAP goes down. We get the command.

ďGo!Ē

Greg hauls ass and Iím right behind him, but itís hard to run with all my gear on and carrying my rifle. Adrenalin kicks in and helps me to run my fastest.

Two Afghanis jump up from rocks behind the 3rd MRAP and start shooting. Greg dives behind the rocks.

I can see the muzzle flash from the AKís, and the bullet is traveling towards my chest in slow motion. I donít have a chance of getting to the rocks before that bullet makes a royal mess of my chest, so I drop in place and the bullet whizzes past as I fall and clangs off the MRAP behind me. I hear the shouting and cussing, then our guys shooting back. I hit the ground and try to scramble to the rocks. As I roll closer Greg reaches out and grabs my arm and drags me behind the rocks. I hear him yell ďWHAT THE **** WERE YOU TRYING TO DO, GET YOUR ASS SHOT?!?!?Ē I shout a sting of cuss words that makes him proud as Iím actually trying to hide the fact that I just got the **** scared out of me. Iím shaking so bad I canít get a decent shot at the bastard that almost cashed my check, but itís not because I donít try. Our guys take care of the 3 of them instead.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-24-2011, 19:28   #7585
BobInTX

^^^ I like that outcome much better.

Okay, here is what I want you to do. Read this a few times so that you know it by heart. Then several times a day, as many times as you can, close your eyes and visualize this new story. You are, in effect, rehearsing for your dream. We are replacing your nightmare with this dream. It may take weeks or months, but it should help. When you see the muzzle flash the new dream kicks in.

You can also write a new one for when you are an onlooker and when you are at another location. Some nice revolvers involved, perhaps?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 20:52   #7586
23skidoo
Deceased

No,no Sweetheart, you are going to make it through this and make a life here in the U.S.
Old 06-24-2011, 23:50   #7587
23skidoo
Deceased

[QUOTE=Lone_Wolfe;17536493

<<< goes and checks her inbox...... [/QUOTE]

Check your inbox now Gorgeous One.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 06-24-2011 at 23:53..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:10   #7588
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Okay, here is what I want you to do. Read this a few times so that you know it by heart. Then several times a day, as many times as you can, close your eyes and visualize this new story. You are, in effect, rehearsing for your dream. We are replacing your nightmare with this dream. It may take weeks or months, but it should help. When you see the muzzle flash the new dream kicks in.

You can also write a new one for when you are an onlooker and when you are at another location. Some nice revolvers involved, perhaps?
I like this out come much better too. Wolfe I hope you can change the events in your nightmares soon.

What do you have in mind for her to do with my revolvers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
There's only one way that's going to be possible anytime soon............

That's just some of the nightmares I have, but it's one of the recurring ones. Bear in mind if you send that little traitor chocolate I'll intercept it and eat it myself. ::

So I'm sitting here in bed listening to a pair of noisy-ass Blackhawks landing nearby , and thought I'd try to come up with something here. I'm no good at all at coming up with something out of my hat, but here goes......

Wolfe you stop talking like that! And stop calling Mandy a traitor. She loves you and wants to help you.

I notice you made Greg a hero once again. Somehow that does not surprise me.

Quote:
You and yours have a safe trip.

Oh, and I want a pic of you mooning Miami. ::
Why am I not surprised that you want a picture of faawrenchbndr?

Can I have a picture too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 13:17   #7589
BobInTX

^^^ SR, two to the chest, one to the head
Old 06-25-2011, 18:10   #7590
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
^^^ SR, two to the chest, one to the head
For who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I like this out come much better too. Wolfe I hope you can change the events in your nightmares soon.
I notice you made Greg a hero once again. Somehow that does not surprise me.

Why am I not surprised that you want a picture of faawrenchbndr?: whistling:
I want a pic of faa because he's cute, why else would I want one?

I wish it had happened that way, I'd have had a hell of a story to tell when I got back to civilization. And of course I made Greg the hero again. I already know he was one, so I figure that's what he'd do in a situation like that, dive out from befind the rocks and grab me. I just made damn sure he didn't get shot this time!

Quote:
Check your inbox now Gorgeous One.: hugs:: hearts:
I saw that, but I thought you were going to write one where I didn't get shot for a change. I'm still waiting for that.

Quote:
No,no Sweetheart, you are going to make it through this and make a life here in the U.S.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Maybe, but it won't be without breathing problems, at least not for a while.

Quote:

Yeah, too bad it didn't really happen that way. But then I wouldn't have gotten to know all of you folks. I still like my other ending where I grab my bullet and stomp around the rocks screaming "OK, which one of you goat &^%$#@! ^#$@%!@-^%$@!s shot this at me?!?!

So does anyone else have an even better ending than what I came up with? I'd like to hear some.

My shrink has had me trying to visualize different endings, but he didn't have me write anything down. Haven't had any luck yet, but I hope to.

I'm not sure I get what you mean about writing more, you want me to write another 3rd party one, but another location? I don't get that or the revolvers part.

My physical terrorist has been adding resistance work again, and I'm damn sure feeling it. Ouch! Bastard! My doc gave me a set of steroid injections again, but he said he'd lowered the dosage again so I wouldn't have to be monitored for so long as I was before. He says this time I shouldn't have the problems I had several months ago.

I'll be heading back to the US soon on leave, then coming back here for a couple more months. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay once I get back, but it should be sometime in the fall. The bad news is both my doc and shrink are leaving here too, and both leave while I'm in the States on leave. They've both said they'd make sure thier replacements knew about me and were ready to take over when I get back, but that's going to be strange comeing back to both different people.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-25-2011, 23:35   #7591
23skidoo
Deceased

Aslong as Dr. Disaster doesn't relieve him again, you'll be fine Sweetheart.
Old 06-26-2011, 18:45   #7592
BobInTX

Well, I thought I posted yesterday. But I guess "Preview" is not the same thing as "Post Reply", huh?

I'll repost it tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48   #7593
BobInTX

Quote:
For who?

For the bad guys, of course.

I wish it had happened that way, I'd have had a hell of a story to tell when I got back to civilization. And of course I made Greg the hero again. I already know he was one, so I figure that's what he'd do in a situation like that, dive out from befind the rocks and grab me. I just made damn sure he didn't get shot this time!

Yeah, too bad it didn't really happen that way. But then I wouldn't have gotten to know all of you folks. I still like my other ending where I grab my bullet and stomp around the rocks screaming "OK, which one of you goat &^%$#@! ^#$@%!@-^%$@!s shot this at me?!?!

So does anyone else have an even better ending than what I came up with? I'd like to hear some.

I kind of like the one you did with Greg in it. It would be good to use for the nightmare alteration. By the way, are you visualizing it like I asked you to?

My shrink has had me trying to visualize different endings, but he didn't have me write anything down. Haven't had any luck yet, but I hope to.

That's why I had you write it down. So you would have the same story every time.

I'm not sure I get what you mean about writing more, you want me to write another 3rd party one, but another location? I don't get that or the revolvers part.

You had said before that sometimes you are just watching what is going on. So you could write an alternate ending for that too, such as you see the muzzle flash and bullet coming towards Lone_Wolfe and you run and knock her out of the way and you both scamper behind the rocks. Oh, no! Now there are two of you? Of course, your guys take care of them all.

And you also said that sometimes you're not in the sandbox at all. So in those situations I suggest when you see the muzzle flash you drop to the floor/ground and roll, pull out your trusty revolvers and put two to the chest, one to the head on both guys. Then, without looking, you just point one gun behind you and tap the guy behind you right between the eyes. Problem solved. Hey, if they're not going to stay in the sandbox where they belong you can take care of them yourself.

My physical terrorist has been adding resistance work again, and I'm damn sure feeling it. Ouch! Bastard! My doc gave me a set of steroid injections again, but he said he'd lowered the dosage again so I wouldn't have to be monitored for so long as I was before. He says this time I shouldn't have the problems I had several months ago.

I'll be heading back to the US soon on leave, then coming back here for a couple more months. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay once I get back, but it should be sometime in the fall. The bad news is both my doc and shrink are leaving here too, and both leave while I'm in the States on leave. They've both said they'd make sure thier replacements knew about me and were ready to take over when I get back, but that's going to be strange comeing back to both different people.
I hate that for you. Those guys have helped you make a lot of progress. How long will you be on leave?

When you see the muzzle flash, take action. Visualize, visualize, visualize...

Last edited by BobInTX; 06-27-2011 at 10:49..
Old 06-27-2011, 15:36   #7594
BobInTX

Did you have a bad day yesterday, Wolfe? I noticed you didn't post.
Old 06-27-2011, 17:11   #7595
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Did you have a bad day yesterday, Wolfe? I noticed you didn't post.
Yep, I had a reaction to the steroid injections. Nothing real bad or unexpected, but my doc didn't want to take any chances. Said he didn't want killing me to be the last thing he does to me. I think he knows he's about out of time to torment me and he wants to take evey chance he gets. I'm still pretty tight tonight, plus hurting, but I think I'll live.

Quote:
Bite your tongue!

If he does maybe he'll just shoot me and get it over with.

Quote:
Well, I thought I posted yesterday. But I guess "Preview" is not the same thing as "Post Reply", huh?

I'll repost it tomorrow.
Isn't that like "I'm about to drop the check in the mail"?

Oh, and BTDT.

Quote:
I kind of like the one you did with Greg in it. It would be good to use for the nightmare alteration. By the way, are you visualizing it like I asked you to?
I'm not surprised you like Greg being the hero again, but not dying this time. I like that part too. I've been trying to do the visualization.

That's why I had you write it down. So you would have the same story every time.
That makes sense, because my shrink has been trying to get me to 'see' the same thing every time. Although he thinks my more colorful ending is funny as hell.

You had said before that sometimes you are just watching what is going on. So you could write an alternate ending for that too, such as you see the muzzle flash and bullet coming towards Lone_Wolfe and you run and knock her out of the way and you both scamper behind the rocks. Oh, no! Now there are two of you? Of course, your guys take care of them all.
When I say I'm watching it's kind of hard to explain it exactly. It's still happening to me instead of seeing it happen to someone else, but I feel detached from it. I might look down and see myself bleeding out, but not be worried about it.

Oh, and are you SURE you'd want 2 of me?

And you also said that sometimes you're not in the sandbox at all. So in those situations I suggest when you see the muzzle flash you drop to the floor/ground and roll, pull out your trusty revolvers and put two to the chest, one to the head on both guys. Then, without looking, you just point one gun behind you and tap the guy behind you right between the eyes. Problem solved. Hey, if they're not going to stay in the sandbox where they belong you can take care of them yourself.
Now that would be funny as hell! But what would the rest of the soldiers do while I was doing all that?

I hate that for you. Those guys have helped you make a lot of progress. How long will you be on leave?

When you see the muzzle flash, take action. Visualize, visualize, visualize...
I know, I especially hate losing them both at the same time. They've both told me that they thought I was one of the scariest patients they ever had, because they were each so afraid they'd fail with me. They knew what that failure would mean for me. But they also both said that seeing the progress I've made in spite of all the setbacks and obstacles has made it worthwhile for them. I'll be Stateside for a few weeks.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-27-2011, 17:27   #7596
23skidoo
Deceased

Biting my tongue as per your instructions. I hope those jackals at the border allow those beer trucks through unmolested this time. Feel better Babe.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:35   #7597
BobInTX

Quote:
Yep, I had a reaction to the steroid injections. Nothing real bad or unexpected, but my doc didn't want to take any chances. Said he didn't want killing me to be the last thing he does to me. I think he knows he's about out of time to torment me and he wants to take evey chance he gets. I'm still pretty tight tonight, plus hurting, but I think I'll live.

I figured it was something like that.

If he does maybe he'll just shoot me and get it over with.

When you see the muzzle flash, take action.

Isn't that like "I'm about to drop the check in the mail"?

Oh, and BTDT.

No, I think it's more like "I'll write more about that tomorrow."

When I say I'm watching it's kind of hard to explain it exactly. It's still happening to me instead of seeing it happen to someone else, but I feel detached from it. I might look down and see myself bleeding out, but not be worried about it.

Well, maybe the alternate ending will take care of that as well. If you can just get your subconscious to trigger (no pun intended) and say "hey, there's a muzzle flash, I'm supposed to do this..." then you can reduce your nightmares.

I actually did this. I kept having a recurring dream that my old boss comes back to work. There is no way that is happening, but it is distressful just the same. I have changed a lot of things since he left, and he was a control freak, so it would be bad for me. I finally told myself that if that happened again that I would tell him off and that I would know it was a dream. I never got to tell him off, but I did finally get to the point that I knew it was a dream as I was dreaming it, and it didn't bother me that he was there. I had another one lately, and I realized it was that same crappy dream and it just evolved into another harmless dream. Of course, that is nothing compared to your nightmares.

That may be what is happening to you in your detached dreams. Your subconscious realizes it's just a dream and so it doesn't bother you as much. What does your shrink say about that?

Now if I could just do something about the one where I'm at my desk at work and I realize I'm naked.

Oh, and are you SURE you'd want 2 of me?

Hmmm...let's just say that if it kept you from getting shot, yeah, I wouldn't mind two of you.

Now that would be funny as hell! But what would the rest of the soldiers do while I was doing all that?

1. Applaud

2. Call Satan to come pick up his trash

I know, I especially hate losing them both at the same time. They've both told me that they thought I was one of the scariest patients they ever had, because they were each so afraid they'd fail with me. They knew what that failure would mean for me. But they also both said that seeing the progress I've made in spite of all the setbacks and obstacles has made it worthwhile for them. I'll be Stateside for a few weeks.
Please tell them that we all appreciate their volunteering to serve and to help our Wounded Warriors like you. They rank right up there with Greg and the medic as far as doing what it takes to save your life.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41   #7598
Tenngunner

Quote:
Please tell them that we all appreciate their volunteering to serve and to help our Wounded Warriors like you. They rank right up there with Greg and the medic as far as doing what it takes to save your life.
PLUS 1,000

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16   #7599
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
23skidoo how dare you even suggest something that awful!

Quote:
A patient that has any kind of doctor that concerned is also very rewarding to see them recover. Your doctors should all be very proud of themselves for what they have accomplished with you.

Quote:
No, I think it's more like "I'll write more about that tomorrow."

Wolfe you have been had!

BobInTX why not just have Wolfe show up in your bad dream and take those revolvers to your former boss?

I agree with this completely. They may not have run into the line of fire but they saved your life just as surely as Greg did. Without your doctor especially I believe you would not be alive today. I wish I could say thank you in person to all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 06-28-2011 at 10:18..
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57   #7600
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
BobInTX why not just have Wolfe show up in your bad dream and take those revolvers to your former boss?

Nah, he's an okay guy if you don't have to work with him.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!