SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:18   #7541
23skidoo
Deceased

;

Last edited by 23skidoo; 06-17-2011 at 13:33..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49   #7542
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
....Wolfe go on itunes and download the girl who sang Jolene...........
I would, but she might be pissed when she finds out I downloaded her to Iraq.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 06-17-2011 at 13:43..
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 15:52   #7543
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
^^^ Can you hold a fishing rod yet? Keep working it.
I night be able to hold a rod but catching a fish would be the hard part. Thanks, I'm working on it, now I can hug Miss Lone with both arms as I promised her I would be able to do. Tat's more important to me than any fish.
Old 06-17-2011, 18:10   #7544
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post

;
Hmmmmmmmmm, think I need one of those secret decoder rings for this message.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
Hi Lone!

I tend to get caught up doing other stuff, so I don't get on GT as often as I used too. I'm glad to see you still hanging in there my friend!

Take care of yourself and I'll 'see' ya next month! : )

B.
B.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to see you too, I've missed you.

Quote:
I'm not hiding Sweetheart. I'm spreading my arms as wide as I can to give you a gentle hug since my left arm works now too.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou: Oh yeah; you should have heard what my sister called 'that dear sweet angel' after he bit her ankle without provocation. I told you he was mean!
If he bit your sister it's because YOU provoked him. He's a sweet little angel!

Quote:
Lone_Wolfe: "Damn, every time I don't want to do something you folks dogpile me. I can't win here! "
So is everything I say in here going to end up in your sig line?

<<< wonders what Bob will do for sig line material after this thread is gone.

Quote:
This silly bird is an Indigo Bunting. He arrived this am and has flown into the windows repeatedly all day long. The lillies are about to pop! The iris are on the way out. I'm glad I didn't miss them all!
I'm glad you didn't miss the irises either, so I could see them too. I love irises.

Quote:
Wolfe you know who said to tell you that she's the only one with fur to rub off and that she's very good about going outside so there aren't any dirty diapers to change.: rofl:
Tell her I'm anxious to start rubbing the fur off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Everyone needs a foot in the arse every now and then!
And something tells me you'd enjoy being the one to put it there.....

I ran the idea of having Mandy dish about my nightmares up my shrink's flagpole today, hoping he'd say it wasn't a good idea. Bastard!

My physical terrorist started pushing me again some today, after just doing light stretching for the past couple weeks. He's a bastard too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-17-2011, 19:37   #7545
BobInTX

^^^ sig line. Yep.

Am I one too?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:57   #7546
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
^^^ sig line. Yep.

Am I one too?
Wolfe you know you are a source of good sig lines.

What are you going to say next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I ran the idea of having Mandy dish about my nightmares up my shrink's flagpole today, hoping he'd say it wasn't a good idea. Bastard!

My physical terrorist started pushing me again some today, after just doing light stretching for the past couple weeks. He's a bastard too.
It sounds like your shrink is telling you to get busy with your writing assignment. How is your chest feeling today? Did you lose much ground from being unable to do your therapy these last few weeks?

Quote:
This silly bird is an Indigo Bunting. He arrived this am and has flown into the windows repeatedly all day long. The lillies are about to pop! The iris are on the way out. I'm glad I didn't miss them all!
sawgrass those pictures are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Everyone needs a foot in the arse every now and then!
Yes she does. Is it your turn or mine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03   #7547
23skidoo
Deceased

Hey Sweetheart! You don't need a magic decoder ring; ...... meansyour terrorist is back to unloading the beer trucks in the heat while wearing his chem gear. That'll teach him to make you cry! Sleep well Sweethheart.
Old 06-18-2011, 18:24   #7548
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hey Sweetheart! You don't need a magic decoder ring; ...... means: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:your terrorist is back to unloading the beer trucks in the heat while wearing his chem gear. That'll teach him to make you cry! Sleep well Sweethheart.
And I was starting to think Mitch got your tongue....... or is it got your fingers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe you know you are a source of good sig lines.: whistling:
You watch it, or I'll make a sig line out of you!

What are you going to say next?: supergrin:
I'm going to ask a GT posse to go to your house and teach you some manners.

It sounds like your shrink is telling you to get busy with your writing assignment. How is your chest feeling today? Did you lose much ground from being unable to do your therapy these last few weeks?
Yep, I definitely lost some ground, but not as bad as I thought I might. My terrorist started me back just moving with no resistance as soon as my doc said he could, I think that helped.

Quote:
^^^ sig line. Yep. : rofl:

Am I one too? : couch:
Are you one what?

OK, Mandy wants me to paws in my writing so she can say something....

So you folks want to hear what life with Lone_Wolfe is like, eh? Well, Meow, I’ll tell you. Since you just want to hear about her nightmares I have to share them with her. When I find out whose idea that was I’m going to sharpen my claws on you….

OK, so Wolfe takes her meds that are supposed to make her sleep and when she finally thinks she can she lays down and tries to squeeze my insides out. She actually seems to think that pressing me against her chest eases the pain. What do I look like, an ice pack? So she finally falls asleep and sometimes starts right into a nightmare that wakes her up right away. I like those, she doesn’t launch me as often during those quick ones as she does when she’s had time to file my flight plan. No luck tonight, she falls completely asleep and stays that way for a couple of hours before the nightly shoot-em-up begins. The bad thing about these is the end result is always the same. You’d think Wolfe would wise up and learn from previous times what to do and not get shot, but the dumbass gets herself shot every time.

Sometimes the location looks a little different, every once in a while we’re not even in the sandbox at all, but someone still points an AK-47 at her and starts shooting. That part all goes in slow motion and she gets to see the muzzle flash and the bullet traveling toward her, but she still doesn’t get her ass out of the way! Sometimes the bullet goes right through the armor she’s wearing and she gets to look down and see the blood pouring out of her chest. She doesn’t like that one. Other times it just smashes her chest like it really did and she gets to fall down and lay there. Then she’ll forget that she’s supposed to pass out and lay there wondering why she hurts so bad. A lot of times she gets to watch Greg come out to help her and get shot himself. When that happens she tries to scream at him, but can’t. Remember, she’s not breathing or anything. She hates those ones, and she wakes up and waters me after them. When will she learn I don’t need watering!

Oh, and sometimes she thrashes around so bad that I get to inspect that wall on the far side of her CHU and I didn’t even ask for the ride. Every once in a while she’ll mange to roll face down, then she’ll feel the real pain in her chest and start screaming. I’m sure glad when she finally wakes up after one of these, she’s noisy!

She has other nightmares and dreams that upset her and make her water me, but those are the worst. What else do you want me to dish on Wolfe? Oh, and you’re not going to tell her I told you all this are you?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-18-2011, 18:32   #7549
Zonny

Through all that she still loves you.
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 19:40   #7550
BobInTX

Are you one what?

What your shrink and your terrorist are?
Old 06-18-2011, 20:22   #7551
Naelbis

Way to rat Lone_Wolfe out Mandy, you little stinker you. Tell her I said that the dreams sound pretty bad but not unexpectedly so. Next time see if you can convince her to do the writing huh? But even though you had to do it for her, a deal is still a deal. So give her this and tell her Ethan and Emily say "We see you Lone_Wolfe"!
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  
Old 06-18-2011, 21:04   #7552
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Through all that she still loves you.
Old 06-18-2011, 21:39   #7553
Glock26girl
G26, G19

We love you Wolfe. Looking forward to the day that this is a just a memory. No more nightmares, just living your life, being loved, feeling secure.

Bob, your grandbaby is beautiful! You are so appreciated for how you have helped "our girl."

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 16:48   #7554
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Through all that she still loves you. : hugs:
She says that may be true, but that I'd better stop using her for throwing practice................. or else.

Okie Memorial Area

But she knows I love her too.

Quote:
Are you one what?

What your shrink and your terrorist are?
Ummmmmmmmm, they're a shrink and a physical terrorist?

You really want me to say more? You'll get mad and make me write more stuff if I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelbis View Post
Way to rat Lone_Wolfe out Mandy, you little stinker you. Tell her I said that the dreams sound pretty bad but not unexpectedly so. Next time see if you can convince her to do the writing huh? But even though you had to do it for her, a deal is still a deal. So give her this and tell her Ethan and Emily say "We see you Lone_Wolfe"!: wavey:
Mandy says , but I'll get her for that. As for my favorite little twins,

Quote:
: grouphug:
Remeber not to squeeze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
We love you Wolfe. Looking forward to the day that this is a just a memory. No more nightmares, just living your life, being loved, feeling secure.

Bob, your grandbaby is beautiful! You are so appreciated for how you have helped "our girl."
Now that's a day I can really look forward to! Wish someone could wave a wand and make it happen. Make my damn chest quit hurting too while you're at it.

My shrink worked in that some today, plus I showed him what Mandy said I dream about some nights. He didn't say much about it, just read it over, asked a few questions, then said we might talk more about it later.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-19-2011, 18:18   #7555
23skidoo
Deceased

No squeezing Sweetheart. Miss Mandy would claw me if I squeezed! Or worse yet, carve on me with that knife! Sleep well tonight Sweetheart and may those awful dreams take the rest of your life off, Chestpain and the rest of the demons too. Take care Babe.
Old 06-19-2011, 19:49   #7556
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Send a message via ICQ to B. Somm Send a message via AIM to B. Somm Send a message via Yahoo to B. Somm

Quote:
... she doesn’t launch me as often during those quick ones as she does when she’s had time to file my flight plan.

I know the nightmares aren't funny, but it's good to see that your sense of humor is still intact!

Do your docs still monitor you while you sleep to see what your body does during the nightmares? I really wish that you didn't have to go through those every time you go to sleep. I'm also wondering if maybe the meds have something to do with bringing on the nightmares as well. Flexiril gave me some nasty nightmares & bizarre dreams when I tried it years ago. Needless to say, I avoid that stuff like the plague!

Gentle hugs my friend!
B.

GSSF/Niner #141/Big Dawg #117/Grand Canyon Glockers #9/FM Lodge #50 and OAF #918
B. Somm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 19:58   #7557
bowbender7
Silly

A funny for LW..

Okie Memorial Area

bowbender7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 20:29   #7558
kcb
Southern Lady

LW,

I'm praying that you sleep sweetly tonight, and that your pain goes away!

I pray for you daily and you are always in my heart!

May the angels surround you with sweet dreams!

Karen
kcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:05   #7559
BobInTX

Quote:

Ummmmmmmmm, they're a shrink and a physical terrorist?

You really want me to say more? You'll get mad and make me write more stuff if I do.
Nah, I'm going to do that anyway.

At least you're not saying it. Only thinking it.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:06   #7560
BobInTX

Bookmark

So, Mandy did her job and gave us a glimpse of the torture your brain has been putting you through in your nightmares. If I had your address I'd send her some chocolate.

The one common denominator to the nightmares that Mandy reported is that you get shot. The dreams have varying details, but that one thing starts them all. So we have to change that.

I want you to take this part of your story, which I've rewritten to present tense, and pick it up from here. But I want you to change the outcome. Remember, this is a dream, so the laws of physics don't apply. You can change line of sight, your physical abilities, what you had with you, etc. Just don't get shot. And don't be flippant. Change helplessness to powerful. You are in command of the outcome.

ASSIGNMENT:
We lock and load, and wait. The back door of the MRAP goes down. We get the command.

“Go!”

Greg hauls ass and I’m right behind him, but it’s hard to run with all my gear on and carrying my rifle. Adrenalin kicks in and helps me to run my fastest.

Two Afghanis jump up from rocks behind the 3rd MRAP and start shooting. Greg dives behind the rocks.

I can see the muzzle flash from the AK’s, and the bullet is traveling towards my chest in slow motion.

Last edited by BobInTX; 06-20-2011 at 11:07.. Reason: formatting

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!