GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:49   #7501
Naelbis

I have read a lot of this thread over the time I have been here and never posted because I felt like it was a private conversation. I just wanted to say on behalf of me and my precious little ones, Thank You. Thank you for your service to our nation, and thank you for being the strong, spirited person you are. I sleep easier knowing that people like you are out there protecting that which I hold most dear.
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  

Last edited by Naelbis; 06-12-2011 at 09:50..
Naelbis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 17:43   #7502
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey: smootchie:: hearts:: hugs:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
How could I forget those nuts?
I didn't think you could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
Wow, great story and thank you for sharing. I wish you all the best.
Thanks Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelbis View Post
I have read a lot of this thread over the time I have been here and never posted because I felt like it was a private conversation. I just wanted to say on behalf of me and my precious little ones, Thank You. Thank you for your service to our nation, and thank you for being the strong, spirited person you are. I sleep easier knowing that people like you are out there protecting that which I hold most dear. : patriot:
Wow, great pic! Thanks for introducing them to me. No, it's not really private, not in GNG. It's just not the type on conversation most GT'er want to have for the most part, which I understand. And the people who don't like me don't want to talk to me anyway. Don't feel like you can't come around and post anytime you want to, especially if you're showing those 2 cuties off. And I think you for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
To me, this means Greg is sitting at supper with Jesus every day, and is where he feels nothing but joy. I imagine he gives thanks to God every day that he had the courage to try to save you!
Yeah, I can imagine him up there going ď And you thought YOU were the one coming up here, I showed you!Ē

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:40   #7503
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I have read a lot of this thread over the time I have been here and never posted because I felt like it was a private conversation. I just wanted to say on behalf of me and my precious little ones, Thank You. Thank you for your service to our nation, and thank you for being the strong, spirited person you are. I sleep easier knowing that people like you are out there protecting that which I hold most dear.
Naelbis your babies are darling. I agree with Wolfe that you should post more often especially if you have more pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
To me, this means Greg is sitting at supper with Jesus every day, and is where he feels nothing but joy. I imagine he gives thanks to God every day that he had the courage to try to save you!
Lady Glock does Jesus have a large coffeepot handy? According to Wolfe he will need it with Greg there.

I agree with you about him being with Jesus and other heroes who have made similar sacrifices for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I didn't think you could.

Yeah, I can imagine him up there going ď And you thought YOU were the one coming up here, I showed you!Ē
Wolfe would you really do that to a good friend like BobInTX?

If the situation had been reversed you would be the one sitting with Jesus saying the same thing to Greg.

Have your and your shrink discussed your writing assignment anymore? I imagine he wants you to continue if there is more. He must have more thoughts on the differences in your answers this time and I am curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:42   #7504
BobInTX

Ouch!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 13:32   #7505
Naelbis

Quote:
Wow, great pic! Thanks for introducing them to me. No, it's not really private, not in GNG. It's just not the type on conversation most GT'er want to have for the most part, which I understand. And the people who don't like me don't want to talk to me anyway. Don't feel like you can't come around and post anytime you want to, especially if you're showing those 2 cuties off. And I think you for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Naelbis your babies are darling. I agree with Wolfe that you should post more often especially if you have more pictures.
The ladies have asked, so the ladies shall receive. But there is a condition....Lone_Wolfe, you gotta keep listening to Bob(and by extension your shrink). He seems to have a good grasp on what is going on in your head and how to help you with it. You keep listening, I keep posting. Deal?
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version   Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version   Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  

Last edited by Naelbis; 06-13-2011 at 13:35.. Reason: opps, pics didnt load
Naelbis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 14:20   #7506
BobInTX

Quote:
The ladies have asked, so the ladies shall receive. But there is a condition....Lone_Wolfe, you gotta keep listening to Bob(and by extension your shrink). He seems to have a good grasp on what is going on in your head and how to help you with it. You keep listening, I keep posting. Deal?
I guess that means I have to keep posting too then, huh?

I see some spoiling potential going on in those pics.
Old 06-13-2011, 14:31   #7507
BobInTX

Quote:
Yes, I did. I never posted how I broke my leg. It happened at a track meet. I was a quarter miler who could maintain sprint speed most of the way, and was undefeated the year I was on the team. The last meet before the finals I had a sprained ankle, but ended up running anyway. Well, that sprained ankle turned out to be a hairline fracture that gave way in the stretch. I didn't fall, and I was on a big lead, so I tried to speed back up. A few steps later the now unstable ankle shattered under me.
The more I find out about you the more amazed I am. What's that you said about low pain tolerance? Rigghhhhhtttt!

I'm surprised you didn't pass Greg on the way out of the MRAP door. I'm guessing you were never the same after that injury, though.

My son in-law and I worked on my deck this weekend. I missed having you supervise. It was a cool 99 degrees here so you would have enjoyed the cold front. For some reason I can't move today.
Old 06-13-2011, 17:40   #7508
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
The more I find out about you the more amazed I am. What's that you said about low pain tolerance? Rigghhhhhtttt!

I'm surprised you didn't pass Greg on the way out of the MRAP door. I'm guessing you were never the same after that injury, though.

My son in-law and I worked on my deck this weekend. I missed having you supervise. It was a cool 99 degrees here so you would have enjoyed the cold front. For some reason I can't move today.
Yep, low pain tolerance. It really wasn't hurting bad until it shattered, then it was so bad I passed out. I THOUGHT that was the worst pain a body could produce. Was I ever wrong! You're right, I wasn't even close to the same after that. I never got back half of my speed and I used that ankle to predict weather until a couple years ago. Now I use my chest, it's a lot more sensitive.

I'd have been glad to supervise both the deck building and the beer supply. I want to see pics of the deck.

Quote:
Deal! So how old are the babies? I can see why they're your 2 favorite people.

Quote:
I guess that means I have to keep posting too then, huh?

I see some spoiling potential going on in those pics.
Yep, it seems you do. My shrink agrees, too. He still shakes his head about how 'internet friends' are doing me so much good. He calls it 'unorthodox, but effective'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe would you really do that to a good friend like BobInTX?

No, I just wanted to think about the PM I sent him a while back. He and Mrs Bob enjoyed it.

If the situation had been reversed you would be the one sitting with Jesus saying the same thing to Greg.

Think Jesus would keep enough coffee and beer on hand? And do you really think I'd have been able to break cover and go to him? I think so, at least I like to think so, but who knows.

Have your and your shrink discussed your writing assignment anymore? I imagine he wants you to continue if there is more. He must have more thoughts on the differences in your answers this time and I am curious.
We didn't talk a whole lot about it today, but he did ask if I still had more to do. I told him I didn't know. He seemed to want to wait until I'm completely done to talk about it in depth.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-13-2011, 19:19   #7509
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I just finished giving a certain mean orange cat a belly rub; Mitch says "Hi!" I'm glad your psychiatrist realizes your internet support group has a positive effect on you. I suspect a couple of us enjoy the 'unorthodox' label. We all love you and wish only the very best for you. I hope you'll give Miss Mandy a scratch behind the ears for me plus a tummy rub if she likes them. Take care Sweetheart,
Old 06-13-2011, 21:18   #7510
BobInTX

Quote:
Yep, low pain tolerance. It really wasn't hurting bad until it shattered, then it was so bad I passed out. I THOUGHT that was the worst pain a body could produce. Was I ever wrong! You're right, I wasn't even close to the same after that. I never got back half of my speed and I used that ankle to predict weather until a couple years ago. Now I use my chest, it's a lot more sensitive.

I'd have been glad to supervise both the deck building and the beer supply. I want to see pics of the deck.

Yep, it seems you do. My shrink agrees, too. He still shakes his head about how 'internet friends' are doing me so much good. He calls it 'unorthodox, but effective'.

We didn't talk a whole lot about it today, but he did ask if I still had more to do. I told him I didn't know. He seemed to want to wait until I'm completely done to talk about it in depth.
I will get u a pic of the deck when it's all done and stained. It looks bad right now. Multicolored.

I'm glad your shrink thinks we are helping. I'm sure some would think we are meddling amateurs.

I'll have to see what else I did before. I gave you a lot this last time that I broke up in pieces before.

If anybody has ever thought of a question you would like me to ask Lone_Wolfe or a writing assignment for her please PM me and if it's a good idea I'll use it and take full credit for it. Haha just kidding about the last part.

23skidoo, can you repeat your idea to me? I can't seem to find it.
Old 06-13-2011, 21:24   #7511
BobInTX

By the way, I have two male cats hanging around now, so Mandy would have lots of company. She should probably bring the knife.

Something I never thought of before but your ankle story made me think of it: if you had made it to the rocks, would you have fired your weapon if you had a good target?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51   #7512
Naelbis

Quote:
They are 11 months old tomorrow...almost to the one year mark!
Hard to believe how far they have come from this...but time and good doctors have worked wonders....
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version   Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  
Old 06-14-2011, 15:33   #7513
BobInTX

Bookmark

Quote:

Here is your next writing assignment, as suggested to me by someone, and I concur.

I donít know if you know this or not, but Mandy has grown so close to you that she dreams what you are dreaming. Yeah, I know thatís hard to believe, but itís true. I want you to pretend that you are Mandy, and from her point of view write about what she sees happening to you in one of your recurring nightmares, from the time you and she go to sleep until she wakes up flying across the room. Write about her emotions and what she is thinking as she watches you. Put in every detail she can remember.

If you think this is too intense to post publicly you can send it to me on a PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 17:36   #7514
sawgrass

Hi LW. I'm home and I'll have to catch up. I've missed you.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:06   #7515
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Hi LW. I'm home and I'll have to catch up. I've missed you.
I've missed you too. Hope you had a great time.

Quote:
They are 11 months old tomorrow...almost to the one year mark!
Hard to believe how far they have come from this...but time and good doctors have worked wonders....
Wow! How much did they weigh at birth?

Quote:
By the way, I have two male cats hanging around now, so Mandy would have lots of company. She should probably bring the knife.

Something I never thought of before but your ankle story made me think of it: if you had made it to the rocks, would you have fired your weapon if you had a good target?
Mandy's in the corner sharpening that knife.

Dunno why breaking my ankle would change this, but Hell Yes! Those bastards were shooting at me, so I'd damn sure have shot back at them!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 06-15-2011, 02:09   #7516
Naelbis

Quote:
Wow! How much did they weigh at birth?
Emily was 4lbs 3oz and Ethan was 3lbs 5oz, 6 weeks premature.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56   #7517
BobInTX

Quote:
Dunno why breaking my ankle would change this, but Hell Yes! Those bastards were shooting at me, so I'd damn sure have shot back at them!
I thought so. I had made the comment earlier about you, being the track star you were, passing Greg on the way to the rocks if your ankle injury hadn't precluded that. I know it was just a short distance and you were weighed down with gear, so that wouldn't have happened anyway. It just made me think about you getting behind those rocks and opening fire with your rifle if you'd made it. You said Greg had a pistol (9 mm?), which is no match for an AK.

Welcome back, sawgrass!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32   #7518
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:02   #7519
23skidoo
Deceased

Had you passed Greg on the way to those rocks and brought your rifle to bear;I can imagine Miss Lone moving her selector from 'full auto' to '**** YOU HAJJI!' and doing a mag dump for Uncle Sam and her comrades from the MRAP; get 'em Babe.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:04   #7520
23skidoo
Deceased

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!