Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:48   #9326
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_serpent View Post
Thought it might brighten your day if I introduced the newest member of our family:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Angus the Destroyer.

Okie Memorial Area
Time to build a bomb shelter!

Sent via telepathy
Old 07-21-2012, 06:01   #9327
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Quote:

Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area
ArtCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49   #9328
ancient_serpent

^^That's funny.^^

Harness/Leash training:
Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by ancient_serpent; 07-22-2012 at 06:52..
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:54   #9329
ancient_serpent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TS&W View Post
Time to build a bomb shelter!

Sent via telepathy
Not sure that would help, if direct force fails he would "cute" his way inside.
Old 07-22-2012, 21:39   #9330
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Thought it might brighten your day if I introduced the newest member of our family:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!, what an adorable little ink blot!

So has he lived up to his name yet?

Quote:

Harness/Leash training:
We're really going to miss you around here.

Quote:
Not sure that would help, if direct force fails he would "cute" his way inside.
He could do that easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! You asked if we really wanted to know. Yes Sweetheart, I want to know. Gentle as a kitten
OK, guess you could read any post I've made complaining that my chest hurts and I feel crappy from the chemo, and it'd apply today. Ugh! I spent the entire day holding down the couch again, I only got up to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I hurt pretty bad this morning, so I guess it's the pain killers.
Wish I could send you some of mine, they'd probably work better for you than they do for me.

I know you're having them about different locations now. That why I suggested you visualize being in those places. Visualizing different endings isn't working, so I thought maybe telling yourself they aren't real and having them fade away might help.
Sounds like something to try. Can't do any worse than not work.

You said before that you didn't think the breast cancer itself was a PTSD event, but that website I sent you on DM said that illnesses can be. I know it can't help matters. You are afraid for your life again.
That makes sense in a way, since this is definitely life threatening. I'm actually not as afraid of dying so much as afraid of how painfully I might die from this. I'd rather just get shot again without the medic nearby.

God hears our prayers. I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes, and we feel like he just doesn't care and it really tests our faith. I know it did mine when you got breast cancer after I prayed so hard for you to be healed of your other pain and mental anguish. The difference in God's understanding and ours is a million times the difference between me and my one year old granddaughter. I know he cares because he gave his Son to die for us. But it still sucks.

Psalm 22
My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
It does mine too, I really don't have strong faith at all, especially now. I know I sent up prayers for people that need it, and for myself, but I'm not sure there's anyone up there listening. If there is, I hope he's got a good reason for all of this. Yeah, it does suck. I'll be sooooo glad when I'm done with chemo.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:25   #9331
ancient_serpent

After a long day of destruction (I have kitty tooth and claw marks to prove it):
Okie Memorial Area
Old 07-23-2012, 14:15   #9332
23skidoo
Deceased

Yes Sweetheart, I read your posts, I hope it helps you even just a little bit to voice what hurts you rather than suffer in silence; and, tomorrow is another day, I remain hopeful you will feel a little better than today.
Old 07-23-2012, 14:38   #9333
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:25   #9334
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
: hugs:
back at ya.

Quote:
After a long day of destruction (I have kitty tooth and claw marks to prove it):
Okie Memorial Area
You can't convince me any kitty who looks that sweet would ever do anything to hurt anyone!

Quote:
Yes Sweetheart, I read your posts, I hope it helps you even just a little bit to voice what hurts you rather than suffer in silence; and, tomorrow is another day, I remain hopeful you will feel a little better than today.
Yeah, sometimes it does. I'm hopeful about tomorrow too, since I'm done with the A/C chemo regimen. My doc cleared me today to start the Taxol, so I'll know soon if I tolerate that better. She's still concerned about the dizzy spells I'm having though. She wants me to see a neurologist, I have an appointment next month. Hopefully he'll be able to find a brain in there.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-25-2012, 11:37   #9335
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
back at ya.

You can't convince me any kitty who looks that sweet would ever do anything to hurt anyone!

Yeah, sometimes it does. I'm hopeful about tomorrow too, since I'm done with the A/C chemo regimen. My doc cleared me today to start the Taxol, so I'll know soon if I tolerate that better. She's still concerned about the dizzy spells I'm having though. She wants me to see a neurologist, I have an appointment next month. Hopefully he'll be able to find a brain in there.

Let us know what he finds in there; if there IS a brain in there, it'll be the discovery of the century!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-25-2012, 14:56   #9336
23skidoo
Deceased

I hope the Taxol has no ill effects on you but it drops the hammer on every single cancer cell in your body. There is most certainly a lucid working brain in there.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:09   #9337
BobInTX

Quote:
OK, guess you could read any post I've made complaining that my chest hurts and I feel crappy from the chemo, and it'd apply today. Ugh! I spent the entire day holding down the couch again, I only got up to eat.

It does mine too, I really don't have strong faith at all, especially now. I know I sent up prayers for people that need it, and for myself, but I'm not sure there's anyone up there listening. If there is, I hope he's got a good reason for all of this. Yeah, it does suck. I'll be sooooo glad when I'm done with chemo.
I really hate it when I don't get an email when somebody posts. I thought everyone was awfully quiet.

It sounds like you're about half way through the chemo. Your friend is an angel for taking care of you. I hope you're expressing your appreciation to her.

I have faith that God is with you. I know it doesn't seem like it, but unfortunately we can't see how things would be if he wasn't. If God is answering our prayers, how would things be if he wasn't? What would that look like? Would you be even sicker from the chemo? Would you be dead now?

You could be locked away in a mental institution right now, if that doctor hadn't recognized that you were having that terrible reaction to the anti-depressants. And they probably would not have caught this cancer in its early stages in the loony bin because they would just keep feeding you pain killers instead of treating the problem and you never would have had that MRI. In fact, I doubt if you would have made it through 2009, the way you describe your reaction. Did that idea come to that Dr. out of nowhere, like mine do sometimes? Was that God at work?

Was someone praying for you back home? Was that why you survived getting shot? Your survival was pretty much miraculous. Even the medic was shocked that you made it when you were standing before him in Iraq. Was that God at work?

I believe God has helped you in ways that we can't possibly imagine. You are definitely suffering and in pain. But it might be worse.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 13:15   #9338
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Hope you are feeling better. I hate that you are having to go through all this. You have had way more than your fair share of troubles...I pray it eases up soon and you get some good news for a change.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 13:30   #9339
BobInTX

I forgot to update y'all with my own gimp status.

I went back to the dr on Tuesday to get my MRI results. My MRI showed some bone spurs and moderately severe right narrowing of the lateral recesses of my L4-L5 disk. The doctor said that we would probably treat... that with injections for pain. The MRI also showed a thoracic (chest area) spinal cord syrinx, which is a fluid pocket in the spinal cord, which is not supposed to be there. This was totally unexpected and he wasn't looking for it at all. In fact, he had never seen one in the thoracic spine. But he said it was fortunate that we found it, because it can create all kinds of problems. Fortunately, I haven't presented any of the symptoms that this can create, so maybe I don't have any spine damage yet.

Before he treats the lower back with injections, he wants me to get another MRI with contrast on the thoracic area . Then he is going to refer me to a neurosurgeon, because he is more of a extremities guy than a spine guy. But he told me this isn't something to go home and lose sleep over, so I'm trying not to.

Bottom line is that it will probably be another couple of weeks now before I get to see the neurosurgeon and find out what we are going to do about everything. Until then, hydrocodone is my best friend. On the bright side, I'm not having to take time off from work because of it. Except for MRI's of course. This will be my third one.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 00:38   #9340
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Let us know what he finds in there; if there IS a brain in there, it'll be the discovery of the century!

Oh wait, I resemble that remark...

Quote:
I hope the Taxol has no ill effects on you but it drops the hammer on every single cancer cell in your body. There is most certainly a lucid working brain in there.: :
That's a nice thought, but the Taxol is already giving me a hard time. Not as bad as the other uet, and hopefully it won't. But I'll sure be glad when all this is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Hope you are feeling better. I hate that you are having to go through all this. You have had way more than your fair share of troubles...I pray it eases up soon and you get some good news for a change.
Thank you, I hope you get some good news, too.

BTW, how is Ranger?

Quote:

Sounds like you might be real lucky that it was caught early. Guess for now all you can do is stone post and we can pray. As for MRI's, are you trying to catch up to me? If so, you'd better get cracking, you've got a ways to go!

Quote:
I really hate it when I don't get an email when somebody posts. I thought everyone was awfully quiet.
What did you do, accidently unsubscribe to this thread?

It sounds like you're about half way through the chemo.
Timewise, it's not quite halfway, but it's close enough.

Your friend is an angel for taking care of you. I hope you're expressing your appreciation to her.
Yes, she is, and yes, I am.

I have faith that God is with you. I know it doesn't seem like it, but unfortunately we can't see how things would be if he wasn't. If God is answering our prayers, how would things be if he wasn't? What would that look like? Would you be even sicker from the chemo? Would you be dead now?
I don't know. I might be dead, I might have been dead long ago. Or I might have never gotten shot or gotten cancer.

You could be locked away in a mental institution right now, if that doctor hadn't recognized that you were having that terrible reaction to the anti-depressants. And they probably would not have caught this cancer in its early stages in the loony bin because they would just keep feeding you pain killers instead of treating the problem and you never would have had that MRI. In fact, I doubt if you would have made it through 2009, the way you describe your reaction. Did that idea come to that Dr. out of nowhere, like mine do sometimes? Was that God at work?
I'm sure I wouldn't have made it through 2009 if that doc hadn't figured out what was wrong. I don't think I'd have made it another month. I can't tell if the cancer would have been caught by anyone in a looney bin, because the tumor because visible just a few weeks after the MRI picked it up. But someone in there would have had to pay attention to me or looked at it.As for where the doc got the idea, I've always credited his medical training for that. He said the signs of psychosis were "glaring", and he couldn't believe no one spotted them sooner.

Was someone praying for you back home? Was that why you survived getting shot? Your survival was pretty much miraculous. Even the medic was shocked that you made it when you were standing before him in Iraq. Was that God at work?
I have no idea if anyone was praying when I got shot. True, my survival was really unlikely and several medical people called me a miracle. I can't say if God had a hand in it, but I give a lot of credit to a medic who just wouldn't let me stay dead. Of course the medical stall at the hospital had their work cut out for them once I got there.

I believe God has helped you in ways that we can't possibly imagine. You are definitely suffering and in pain. But it might be worse.
I often find myself thinking that the alternative would have been better. It'd have saved me a lot of pain all this time, physical and mental. I don't like so many things about myself these days. If God's using me for something anymore I sure don't see it. I guess the depression is getting to me.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-28-2012, 00:49   #9341
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Hugs to you LW! ;-)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

8-Ball
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:54   #9342
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:

I often find myself thinking that the alternative would have been better. It'd have saved me a lot of pain all this time, physical and mental. I don't like so many things about myself these days. If God's using me for something anymore I sure don't see it. I guess the depression is getting to me.
the alternative would not be better. no way, no how, no further dicussion. look at all you can do! you are gonna be able to help someone else through this. you are gonna be that voice of reason and strength....right?
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:34   #9343
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
the alternative would not be better. no way, no how, no further dicussion. look at all you can do! you are gonna be able to help someone else through this. you are gonna be that voice of reason and strength....right?
What he said!

Trust me, something I believe to the core of my being: Everything happens for a reason, and it'll work out how it's supposed to in the end.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2012, 09:53   #9344
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

I went back to the dr on Tuesday to get my MRI results. My MRI showed some bone spurs and moderately severe right narrowing of the lateral recesses of my L4-L5 disk. The doctor said that we would probably treat... that with injections for pain. The MRI also showed a thoracic (chest area) spinal cord syrinx, which is a fluid pocket in the spinal cord, which is not supposed to be there. This was totally unexpected and he wasn't looking for it at all. In fact, he had never seen one in the thoracic spine. But he said it was fortunate that we found it, because it can create all kinds of problems. Fortunately, I haven't presented any of the symptoms that this can create, so maybe I don't have any spine damage yet.

Before he treats the lower back with injections, he wants me to get another MRI with contrast on the thoracic area . Then he is going to refer me to a neurosurgeon, because he is more of a extremities guy than a spine guy. But he told me this isn't something to go home and lose sleep over, so I'm trying not to.

Bottom line is that it will probably be another couple of weeks now before I get to see the neurosurgeon and find out what we are going to do about everything. Until then, hydrocodone is my best friend. On the bright side, I'm not having to take time off from work because of it. Except for MRI's of course. This will be my third one.
Sounds pretty serious to me. I was draggging my left leg because of a pain in my knee from one single bone spur. I could not walk a block. You can have as much pain from a little nerve pressure same as a pinched off nerve. That fluid pocket can effect anything in that area. Glad they caught that too.
I'm getting ready to have a Myelogram done on the disk I injured during rehab of my knee on the 1st of the month. I can't have a MRI because of the metal in my back. Not looking forward to it because that procedure hurts a lot, not to mention you get quite a few xrays while they try and position the needle to put the dye in the disk. Glad you're still active while taking that hydrocodone because all it does for me is bring on constipation. Hope you don't have to wait too long to have something done.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:03   #9345
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
I can think of some grateful people because you are alive. I'm quite familiar with Mr. Depression, it's very difficult to ignore him all the time.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:36   #9346
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, the world is most definitely a better place with you in it. Please don't lose sight of that.
Old 07-29-2012, 20:32   #9347
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19_AJ View Post
Hugs to you LW! ;-)
back, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
I've always tried to be a voice of reason, but that doesn't mean I've succeeded. Strength? I don't think so. I sure don't have much of that. If I thought I was weak while I was overseas, I didn't know what weak was. Now I can't even stand up for more than a few minutes at a time. I just find myself thinking that when this chemo is finished, I'll either be cured, or I'll find out I'm not going to be cured. If I can't be cured, there's not much I can do about it. If I am, then I hope to be able to go back to my job and finish what I started. I know that's not really my life over there, but this feels even less like my life. This is just an interruption that I want to be over with.

Quote:
What he said!

: hugs:

Trust me, something I believe to the core of my being: Everything happens for a reason, and it'll work out how it's supposed to in the end. : hugs:
Yeah, I just find myself wondering what the reason might be.

back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I can think of some grateful people because you are alive. I'm quite familiar with Mr. Depression, it's very difficult to ignore him all the time. : hugs:
I think he's taken up permanent residence in my head. He's sure gotten the better of me these days.

Quote:
Sweetheart, the world is most definitely a better place with you in it. Please don't lose sight of that.
There are some who'd beg to differ with you, and I'm one of them at times.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-29-2012, 20:39   #9348
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:

Yeah, I just find myself wondering what the reason might be.

back.

There are some who'd beg to differ with you, and I'm one of them at times.

I think that reason is to show people what real strength is. As much as you try to deny it, it shows through anyways. And that, my dear, can show other people that they too can keep going, no matter what life throws at them. Sometimes, I get to feeling completely overwhelmed with general "life" stuff (cars breaking, work being stupid, financial stress, etc). Then I come read this thread, and you show me what real strength is, and it keeps me going; I want to thank you for that.

And listen to Skidoo; he knows what he's talking about!

Quote:
Old 07-29-2012, 20:49   #9349
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

God Bless you.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 23:16   #9350
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh......... are you ever gonna get a USA phone now that you're back?????????????????????

<-----------less than a patient person (hehe....get it?)
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!