Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:34   #9301
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Wow, that was a long outage. I had one like that when Hurricane Opal scored a direct hit on my area. We were out for a week, but luckily it was October. Temps were comfortable with no heat or AC.

Does Zeus still have ALL his nose, or would anyone notice if half was missing. Glad Mitch is still in one piece, though. I'm also glad the fireworks seem to be over, at least for now.
My sister and BIL were out for over four weeks after a snowstorm a few years ago. Trees were literally exploding from the extreme cold and weight of the snow. She said a blue flash would erupt from the tree when it let go.

Yes ma'am, Zeus still has all his nose; he proves the old adage "Beauty may be skin deep but ugly is to the bone."

I hope your doc regrets his choice of words Sweetheart and I hope you have no nausea or any other side effects from your next round of chemo.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43   #9302
BobInTX

Quote:
I'm not having the unsettled stomach as much as other side effects, but I'll keep this in mind if the next regimen affects me differently. I can taste some things and not others, sometimes there's no consistancy there. Some days I can't stand the taste of something I liked the day before. Makes no sense at all. Of well, at least I can eat something.
You overestimate me, but I'll take it right now.
Wow, that was a long outage. I had one like that when Hurricane Opal scored a direct hit on my area. We were out for a week, but luckily it was October. Temps were comfortable with no heat or AC.

Does Zeus still have ALL his nose, or would anyone notice if half was missing. Glad Mitch is still in one piece, though. I'm also glad the fireworks seem to be over, at least for now.

Yeah, I was getting worried about it, too. The doc told me that I deserved 100%, but taxpayers couldn't afford everyone who does. I'll use those words against him later. I'm more concerned about getting my meds and treatment from the VA than the money I'll get each month. The pain meds cost way more than my disability check will be.

I appreciate you and everyone who's stuck with me during this long road back from hell. I hope I won't be on it forever, but sometimes think I will be. Hope all goes well with your knee and back treatments. I'm glad you're not getting chemo, too!
Some day you're going to look back on this and see how strong you really are. You just don't see it right now because you feel like crap. And some of that strength is from all the prayers we are lifting up to God for you. I hope the healing ones are working, too.

We had a family reunion this weekend on my mother's side of the family. My cousin told me she just hit her 5-year mark of being free from breast cancer. She had it bad. She lost all her hair but it grew back as thick as ever. She said when it started coming back it was as fine and soft as a baby's. She and another cousin who wasn't there have both beat it. They are nieces of my mother, who didn't beat it in the 1960's.

I got my MRI results on my hip. My GP says they would probably do PT on it and if that doesn't work, then surgery. From what I gather from looking up the 20 syllable words on Google, my femur head has "overgrowths" on it which causes it to rub on my socket and causes pain. I'm going to see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. I'm not sure we would even do surgery on it right now with my wife having a broken leg, and all.

My God, why does everyone on here have medical problems?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 07-09-2012 at 08:44..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:58   #9303
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post

It's the price for being human, I suppose. Good luck and prayers for you as well, Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 13:08   #9304
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Hello my friend. Still keeping you in my prayers. Gentle hugs. Keep up the fight, I believe the results will be worth it.
Thank you, my friend. How are things on your end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
Docs job is to submit your claim as he/she really sees it. It's one thing for the administrators cut it down but quite another for the doc. Reason is should funding change in the future they can revisit your claim and adjust it. They cannot adjust the doc's claim.

This is one of those things where you might want to use your "call a friend" card.
Yeah, that's the way I understood it, too. I'm going to push to get the rating upped, although I'm not sure who I need to call right now. Probably a lawyer that does stuff like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
: hugs:
back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Hey sweety , how you doing ? I've not been in touch lately , just had surgery again yesterday again and I just can't get up much anymore . My butt is kicked this time and I been making plans with my lawyers and such , you know how lawyers are , they take forever and really don't do much.I have a new problem but like everything in life there's good news and bad news.

The good news , I have a whole life insurance policy that is fully paid for the minute since my injury that I didn't know about , that takes a lot of stress off my wife.

Now you keep holding down the couch as long as you have to
get better , I know you will beat this .
I'm doing about the same, holding down the couch because I can't do much else. Sounds like we need to send some prayers your way, that your doc got it right this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
My sister and BIL were out for over four weeks after a snowstorm a few years ago. Trees were literally exploding from the extreme cold and weight of the snow. She said a blue flash would erupt from the tree when it let go.

Yes ma'am, Zeus still has all his nose; he proves the old adage "Beauty may be skin deep but ugly is to the bone."

I hope your doc regrets his choice of words Sweetheart and I hope you have no nausea or any other side effects from your next round of chemo.
OK, I'll never complain about a week-long outage again. Damn, out for a month...

Zeus is cute, be nice! I hope he ends up eating those words, too. I wonder how he'd like an AK round to the chest, then some doc saying he didn't feel like paying for his medical care.

Quote:
Some day you're going to look back on this and see how strong you really are. You just don't see it right now because you feel like crap. And some of that strength is from all the prayers we are lifting up to God for you. I hope the healing ones are working, too.

We had a family reunion this weekend on my mother's side of the family. My cousin told me she just hit her 5-year mark of being free from breast cancer. She had it bad. She lost all her hair but it grew back as thick as ever. She said when it started coming back it was as fine and soft as a baby's. She and another cousin who wasn't there have both beat it. They are nieces of my mother, who didn't beat it in the 1960's.

I got my MRI results on my hip. My GP says they would probably do PT on it and if that doesn't work, then surgery. From what I gather from looking up the 20 syllable words on Google, my femur head has "overgrowths" on it which causes it to rub on my socket and causes pain. I'm going to see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. I'm not sure we would even do surgery on it right now with my wife having a broken leg, and all.

I haven't felt strong for 3 1/2 years now, I'd be pleasantly surprised to think differently later. I figure what strength I do have comes from people who care about me.

That's great news about your cousins. At the 5 year mark she's considered cured from what I've been told. I just hate that your mom lost her battle. I wonder if that might have turned out differently with treatment I'm getting.

I'm not sure what the problem is here. I get shot and everyone else on GT falls apart, too. Guess it's all my fault. Hopefully there's an easy way to fix up your hip. How's Mrs Bob's legs healing?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 17:04   #9305
Buki192327

Keeping you in my prayers.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 17:35   #9306
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Thank you, my friend. How are things on your end?
Ranger is suppose to be graduating to her cane, but she will have to wait a little while longer. Hopeing dango is up to making the cane he offered, but if not...we would totally understand!

The boy has an MRI for his head on Friday...trying to rule out anything drastic to explain his headaches.

I'm walking farther (or is it further) than I was last time. Still have to use the riders at the store, but able to go for a walk around the neighborhood without getting too winded.

Still looking for work, and getting disappointed with the rejections. I want to work, why is it so difficult to find a job?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 21:40   #9307
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Zeus is cute, be nice! I hope he ends up eating those words, too. I wonder how he'd like an AK round to the chest, then some doc saying he didn't feel like paying for his medical care.
Yes ma'am. Are you in the"He's so ugly, he's cute." camp? Does The Wrecking Crew need to pay that doc a visit?

I hope you can get your rating increased too Sweetheart and calling a lawyer sounds like a good idea. You are stronger than you know.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:43   #9308
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
Keeping you in my prayers.
Thank you.

Had my oncology appointment yesterday, and my doc told my brain scan came back normal. She even insists a brain was found in there. I asked if she was sure they send the right results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Ranger is suppose to be graduating to her cane, but she will have to wait a little while longer. Hopeing dango is up to making the cane he offered, but if not...we would totally understand!

The boy has an MRI for his head on Friday...trying to rule out anything drastic to explain his headaches.

I'm walking farther (or is it further) than I was last time. Still have to use the riders at the store, but able to go for a walk around the neighborhood without getting too winded.

Still looking for work, and getting disappointed with the rejections. I want to work, why is it so difficult to find a job?
Wow, hope she's still making progress somehow. If Dango can't do it, we'll get her a nice cane somehow. Email me the dimenstions she needs.

Sending up a prayer for the MRI to come back normal. Would say 'negative', but I said that about my own.

Glad to hear you're making inprovements, wish the job situation would improve, too. Sounds like the bad economy is getting you, woth too many other people looking for work. Employers can be super-picky now.

Quote:
Yes ma'am. Are you in the"He's so ugly, he's cute." camp?
Guilty as charged, I guess.

Does The Wrecking Crew need to pay that doc a visit?: whistling:
Only if I can go to watch.

I hope you can get your rating increased too Sweetheart and calling a lawyer sounds like a good idea. You are stronger than you know.
I hope so too. Accordong to some folks, I should get 200%, 100% from the effects of getting shot, and 100& from having PTSD and being from the meds. Don't see that happening, but can agree with close to half of that.

Don't know where you get the idea I'm so strong.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-13-2012, 16:58   #9309
Osborne
NRA Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
Quote:
Thank you.

Had my oncology appointment yesterday, and my doc told my brain scan came back normal. She even insists a brain was found in there. I asked if she was sure they send the right results.

Great to hear !
Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 17:38   #9310
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Thank you.

Wow, hope she's still making progress somehow. If Dango can't do it, we'll get her a nice cane somehow. Email me the dimenstions she needs.

Sending up a prayer for the MRI to come back normal. Would say 'negative', but I said that about my own.

Glad to hear you're making inprovements, wish the job situation would improve, too. Sounds like the bad economy is getting you, woth too many other people looking for work. Employers can be super-picky now.

I hope so too. Accordong to some folks, I should get 200%, 100% from the effects of getting shot, and 100& from having PTSD and being from the meds. Don't see that happening, but can agree with close to half of that.

There's a brain in there?!?! Where?!?!? I thought it went the way mine did a while ago.

I agree on the effects of getting shot, and the PTSD, but I have a feeling Uncle Sam didn't have a thing to do with you being ; probably more like you came to them that way!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:24   #9311
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Personal observation, I have seen with my own eyes the pain you endure and the grace with which you handle that pain.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:19   #9312
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Had my oncology appointment yesterday, and my doc told my brain scan came back normal. She even insists a brain was found in there. I asked if she was sure they send the right results. ::
They had the correct results. You do have a brain even though you fail to use it at times.

You definitely should get a much higher rating than you did. I have seen many people less debilitated than you that have 100% ratings.

Are you finished with the Adriamycin and Cytoxin regimen? When do you start the Taxol? I hope the side effects from that are less severe for you.

Quote:
There's a brain in there?!?! Where?!?!? I thought it went the way mine did a while ago. ::

I agree on the effects of getting shot, and the PTSD, but I have a feeling Uncle Sam didn't have a thing to do with you being ; probably more like you came to them that way!
You seem to know Wolfe!

Quote:
Personal observation, I have seen with my own eyes the pain you endure and the grace with which you handle that pain.
She does have strength but there are times when the grace leaves her. She just tried to hide it. I spoke to her last night and she is very depressed right now. The effects of all her issues are building up and she is having a hard time dealing with it all. I wish there was something I could do to help.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 13:31   #9313
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Extra fuzzy hugs for LW!!!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 14:47   #9314
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Okie Memorial Area
Old 07-15-2012, 15:14   #9315
23skidoo
Deceased

Gentle
Old 07-16-2012, 02:34   #9316
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDO View Post
Great to hear !
Thanks!

Quote:
There's a brain in there?!?! Where?!?!? I thought it went the way mine did a while ago. : supergrin:

Hey!!! I resemble that remark!

I'll admit, I've always been a little crazy. Why do you think I rejoined the military at my age, then agreed to deploy voluntarily? But the real crazy came from the drug-induced psychosis that, luckily, seems to be mostly gone. I still have some issues with it, but not like when I first reacted to the AD's.

Quote:
Personal observation, I have seen with my own eyes the pain you endure and the ton of pain meds with which you handle that pain.: hugs:
Fixed it to be more accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Are you finished with the Adriamycin and Cytoxin regimen? When do you start the Taxol? I hope the side effects from that are less severe for you.

She does have strength but there are times when the grace leaves her. She just tried to hide it. I spoke to her last night and she is very depressed right now. The effects of all her issues are building up and she is having a hard time dealing with it all. I wish there was something I could do to help.
Yep, done with the A/C, on to the Taxol. I'm having major effects from the A/C once again, they seem to subside a little just before the nest dose, so we'll see how I tolerate the Taxol in a couple weeks. Really hoping for better that the way I'm (not) tolerating it now.

She's right, I've gotten really down in the last few days. The inability to do much of anything, even stuff I'd relearned to do because of my damn chest, has gotten to me. That and breathing attacks off and on the last couple days aren't helping. Had a couple pretty bad one's too. I just woke up from another nasty nightmare, but at least I got a couple hours sleep before I had to watch people get shot trying to save me again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
Okie Memorial Area
Now that's a perfect prescription! Please pack it up and ship to me ASAP!

Quote:
Gentle : hugs:
back:, and thanks for not squeezing.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39   #9317
BobInTX

Quote:

Hey!!! I resemble that remark!

I'll admit, I've always been a little crazy. Why do you think I rejoined the military at my age, then agreed to deploy voluntarily? But the real crazy came from the drug-induced psychosis that, luckily, seems to be mostly gone. I still have some issues with it, but not like when I first reacted to the AD's.

Let's hope those nasty nightmares leave as well.

Yep, done with the A/C, on to the Taxol. I'm having major effects from the A/C once again, they seem to subside a little just before the nest dose, so we'll see how I tolerate the Taxol in a couple weeks. Really hoping for better that the way I'm (not) tolerating it now.

This is where that one day at a time deal comes in. I just wish the one days were better for you.

She's right, I've gotten really down in the last few days. The inability to do much of anything, even stuff I'd relearned to do because of my damn chest, has gotten to me. That and breathing attacks off and on the last couple days aren't helping. Had a couple pretty bad one's too. I just woke up from another nasty nightmare, but at least I got a couple hours sleep before I had to watch people get shot trying to save me again.

I think anyone would be down considering. I'm down going through this back pain and wife's broken leg deal, and that's like having a hangnail compared to your problems.

Now that's a perfect prescription! Please pack it up and ship to me ASAP!

back:, and thanks for not squeezing.
Are you still visualizing different endings for the nightmares? It's not like you have anything else to do. I know you're not watching "The View". (Trust me )

Try this:

Close your eyes and... Not now! Read the rest of this first, Goober! Visualize yourself on the side of that road, at home, at your friend's house, at the hospital, getting your chemo, going to the car, riding down the street, etc. Then visualize the hajiis with the AK's coming out. Repeat "They're not real. They can't hurt me" over and over again. Then visualize them fading out and disappearing before they can do anything. Same thing with Greg. Visualize seeing him and say "They're not real. They can't hurt me." Then visualize Greg fading out and disappearing.

When you're out someplace, close your eyes and visualize that the hajiis and Greg are there, and repeat that phrase again over and over so that every new place your mind is being conditioned.

You can also pray "God, please help me get rid of these nightmares". That's what we're all doing. Hopefully one day you'll have a breakthrough and your subconscious will get the message.

Here!
Old 07-16-2012, 22:04   #9318
CJStudent
Fenced In

Gentle

Quote:
Old 07-17-2012, 14:21   #9319
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Are you still visualizing different endings for the nightmares? It's not like you have anything else to do. I know you're not watching "The View". (Trust me )

Try this:

Close your eyes and... Not now! Read the rest of this first, Goober! Visualize yourself on the side of that road, at home, at your friend's house, at the hospital, getting your chemo, going to the car, riding down the street, etc. Then visualize the hajiis with the AK's coming out. Repeat "They're not real. They can't hurt me" over and over again. Then visualize them fading out and disappearing before they can do anything. Same thing with Greg. Visualize seeing him and say "They're not real. They can't hurt me." Then visualize Greg fading out and disappearing.

When you're out someplace, close your eyes and visualize that the hajiis and Greg are there, and repeat that phrase again over and over so that every new place your mind is being conditioned.

You can also pray "God, please help me get rid of these nightmares". That's what we're all doing. Hopefully one day you'll have a breakthrough and your subconscious will get the message.

Here!
Goober?

Ever so gentle Sweetheart.
Old 07-17-2012, 16:05   #9320
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Hows it going you bunch of gimps?
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:16   #9321
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Takes one to know one.

I get my back MRI tomorrow. I think I'm doing some better. Either that or the painkillers are working.
Old 07-19-2012, 00:28   #9322
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Are you still visualizing different endings for the nightmares? It's not like you have anything else to do. I know you're not watching "The View". (Trust me :puking : )

Try this:

Close your eyes and...: headscratch: Not now! Read the rest of this first, Goober! Visualize yourself on the side of that road, at home, at your friend's house, at the hospital, getting your chemo, going to the car, riding down the street, etc. Then visualize the hajiis with the AK's coming out. Repeat "They're not real. They can't hurt me" over and over again. Then visualize them fading out and disappearing before they can do anything. Same thing with Greg. Visualize seeing him and say "They're not real. They can't hurt me." Then visualize Greg fading out and disappearing.

Here! : hugs:
I'm still trying the visualization, but it only works until I'm in a nightmare, then the real crap starts back up. It just seems like I'm getting nowhere with these nightmares, plus I have even more bad dreams and crap mixed in because of all that's happening now.

I've tried the praying too, but God seems to be a lot more patient than I am.

Quote:
Gentle : hugs:
back at ya!

Quote:
Goober?: headscratch:
Better than what he was probably REALLY calling me!

Ever so gentle Sweetheart.: hugs:
back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
You sure you want to know?

Quote:
Takes one to know one. : tongueout:

I get my back MRI tomorrow. I think I'm doing some better. Either that or the painkillers are working.
Glad to hear something's doing you some good, fellow gimp.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-19-2012, 01:54   #9323
ancient_serpent

Thought it might brighten your day if I introduced the newest member of our family:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Angus the Destroyer.

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by ancient_serpent; 07-19-2012 at 11:40..
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:08   #9324
BobInTX

Quote:
I'm still trying the visualization, but it only works until I'm in a nightmare, then the real crap starts back up. It just seems like I'm getting nowhere with these nightmares, plus I have even more bad dreams and crap mixed in because of all that's happening now.

I've tried the praying too, but God seems to be a lot more patient than I am.

Glad to hear something's doing you some good, fellow gimp.
I hurt pretty bad this morning, so I guess it's the pain killers.

I know you're having them about different locations now. That why I suggested you visualize being in those places. Visualizing different endings isn't working, so I thought maybe telling yourself they aren't real and having them fade away might help.

You said before that you didn't think the breast cancer itself was a PTSD event, but that website I sent you on DM said that illnesses can be. I know it can't help matters. You are afraid for your life again.

God hears our prayers. I know it doesn't seem like it sometimes, and we feel like he just doesn't care and it really tests our faith. I know it did mine when you got breast cancer after I prayed so hard for you to be healed of your other pain and mental anguish. The difference in God's understanding and ours is a million times the difference between me and my one year old granddaughter. I know he cares because he gave his Son to die for us. But it still sucks.

Psalm 22
My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?

2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My motherís breasts.

10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My motherís womb
You have been My God.

11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.

14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted within Me.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.

16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced My hands and My feet;

17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.

19 But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
Old 07-19-2012, 15:39   #9325
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! You asked if we really wanted to know. Yes Sweetheart, I want to know. Gentle as a kitten

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!