Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-26-2011, 17:58   #7401
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Yeah, I saw the lack of the e. Mrs Bob is the one who saw it first. I just thought it was funny considering your love of motorcycles.

You are welcome in August or anytime.
So Mrs Bob is watching for me now, eh? MeThinks you'd better behind Mandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
You forget how I make my $. I LOVE HEAT, SNOW, ICE and SUB-ZERO temps.
I call all of it dollars from heaven. Having grown up in the southeast, and learning which clothes to wear here I adapt pretty well to changing conditions. It isn't uncommon to have 90 plus days in MN with humidity.
I like humidity too. Latent heat and sensible heat pay the same.

The rattlesnake stories I've heard about Bob's area are something else all together. NO THANKS.

LW I hope the meds help and that you can sleep.
You make some good points considering what you do for a living.

Sleep? Well, I had plenty of help........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Thank you my friend...I would never be bored of listening to you. I have broad shoulders and good ears!

Anyone know what could be causing bruising, weakness, breathing difficulties, falling, poor appetite and memory problems that wouldn't show up on a basic blood test, urine test and xrays? I can't get any further tests done due to lack of insurance, and the ER says take her to her primary care...and just treats the symptoms without any diagnoses.
It sounds like a couple people here have a better idea than I do ab out your daughter. I wish I had some way to help, besides crossing fingers and saying a prayer. I hope you find work soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Howdy folks! I got an email from Miss Lone and she's in the hospital; it appears GT is blocked and she can't get on. She wanted me to let y'all know she's OK. I have visions of her sneaking down the hall with Mandy acting as lookout in order to fire off an elicit email.
Mandy was being a lookout while a certain mutt was finking me out to the medics. Luckily I got the email off before anyone caught me.

They've had me stoned for 2 days because another doc came to see me and stuck needles in my chest to fix somethinjg. I'm back in my room now, but doped up big time. Guess I'll try to make more sense tomorrow.

Quote:
Sending prayers! ...and gentle hugs
Thank you, my friend. Maybe this is good news. Doc said something that wasn't supposed to move was moving, he took a bunch of X-rays a few days ago. Another doc came in and did arthroscopy, said it was one tiny repair. Maybe **** will be fixed right now.

Bob, how's Idaho?

I got part of the first part of the writing assignment done. IIRC you wanted it told in the third paty, right?

Wolfe took a voluntary deployment to Afghanistan in 2008, then was asked to go on a mission to install and configure some computers and equipment to 2 remote bases. She was told to travel only by air because of IED risks on convoys. She traveled to the first base OK and got the first round of equipment up and running. Then she was ready to go on to the next base with the last set of equipment, and was geared up and waiting at the flight line like a good little sergeant when she was told that the choppers werenít coming that day, or any day soon. She starts to drag her stuff back to a tent when a captain stationed at that craphole offered her convoy transport to her next base. She called back to the flagpole and convinced her commander to bless her going on the convoy.

The captain told Wolfe to hang loose and wait for confirmation, so Wolfe did what comes naturally to her, she went and made coffee. Some kind soul Stateside and sent some French Vanilla flavored coffee, so she was happy. A senior NCO walks over and helps Wolfe glower at the coffee pot for being too slow and informs her he was hitching a ride on Ďherí convoy. Wolfe does what comes naturally when faced with a nice looking guy with a nice smile, she thinks ďHell yeah!Ē, and they drink coffee and BS while they wait. She meets the medic who would later see her topless, and thinks heís an ass. Turns out sheís not alone, but heís considered the best medic to have by far because of his training. She finds out much later thatís true. Convoy loads up, convoy rolls out. Wolfe and her new friend Greg trade stories and jokes about the so-called road theyíre on. Sometimes thereís initiation pavement, sometimes, well, that description violates the TOS. Then thereís a loud boom, not the last one Wolfe here4s, but is stops them in their tracks. Mr. Convoy, meet Mr. IED. Greg cusses. Wolfe cusses. Greg cusses some more. The driver, TC, and others cuss, but none of the cussing gets them moving again. So itís time to abandon ship. The ground pounders were sent to form a p0reimeter, and they and the topside gunners didnít see anyone around. Greg and Wolfe were told to run on command to some rocks, then run to the rear vehicle.

They locked and loaded, Greg hauled ass with Wolfe a few feet behind. Not fast enough though, 2 Afghanis pointed AKís at her and let fly. They nailed Wolfe, but Greg made it to cover. Wolfe went down like a sack of spuds, but facing the way she came.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 18:29   #7402
23skidoo
Deceased

That beagle is in a heap of trouble, please have Mandy plunk him on the nose, hard. In case y'all think I've gone bonkers; I sent Miss Lone a stuffed Snoopy to keep her and Miss Mandy company.
Old 05-26-2011, 18:54   #7403
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
It sounds like a couple people here have a better idea than I do ab out your daughter. I wish I had some way to help, besides crossing fingers and saying a prayer. I hope you find work soon.
Saying prayers is all I'm asking for...and I thank you for them.
She had a relapse today. She was a little steadier on her feet for a couple days and then today, she is unsteady and tripping all over herself again. Her breath is shallow and fast, almost like hyperventilating, but not quite.

Saying a quick prayer that they get you figured out...sound good that they are checking new things and finding issues so they can get them fixed!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 19:07   #7404
bowbender7
Silly

One thing I really hate is feeling so helpless sometimes by not being present to at least distract people temporarily from their problems with my idiocy .

I could have been a clown, but they are kinda weird and creepy. Or a comedian, too much reality for that on a consistent basis.

I hope being a regular anonymous Joe over the internet means as much to you ladies as it does to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bowbender7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 19:57   #7405
BobInTX

I hope that little surgery helps your pain and breathing capacity.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 14:45   #7406
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbender7 View Post
One thing I really hate is feeling so helpless sometimes by not being present to at least distract people temporarily from their problems with my idiocy .

I could have been a clown, but they are kinda weird and creepy. Or a comedian, too much reality for that on a consistent basis.

I hope being a regular anonymous Joe over the internet means as much to you ladies as it does to me.
I doubt anyone in here considers you to be an idiot.

Quote:
She had a relapse today. She was a little steadier on her feet for a couple days and then today, she is unsteady and tripping all over herself again. Her breath is shallow and fast, almost like hyperventilating, but not quite.

Saying a quick prayer that they get you figured out...sound good that they are checking new things and finding issues so they can get them fixed!
Wow that is scary. I do pray something can be done for her soon.

Quote:

I hope it does too. Wolfe was it done on the cartilage near the point of impact that you mentioned to me a few days ago?

Quote:
Wolfe went down like a sack of spuds, but facing the way she came.
Wolfe you were almost finished here. Why not post the whole thing so you can move onto the next part? Unless that was the reason for not completing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 18:54   #7407
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbender7 View Post

I wouldn't think of you as an idiot, I think you've got a sense of humor.

And yes, it does mean as much to me.

Quote:

Damn, I was hoping she was feeling a little better. Any good news today? Prayers still going out for her and for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
That beagle is in a heap of trouble, please have Mandy plunk him on the nose, hard. In case y'all think I've gone bonkers; I sent Miss Lone a stuffed Snoopy to keep her and Miss Mandy company. : hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
That mutt stays in trouble because he knows you can't reach him here. He think it's funny and sends this message... ""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I hope it does too. Wolfe was it done on the cartilage near the point of impact that you mentioned to me a few days ago?

Wolfe you were almost finished here. Why not post the whole thing so you can move onto the next part? Unless that was the reason for not completing it.
Yep, the cartilage just to the right of ground zero was allowing the ribs there to move just a little more than normal and apparently that was causing a lot of the pain there and in other areas around there, at least that's what my doc thinks. I can't tell yet if he's right, but I hope he is. Originally the damage was worse on the left side of my sternum, but the repairs on that side apparently were better.

I stopped because the meds were messing with me bad last night, even worse than they are now. But here's the rest of it.......

Both sides traded lead after that, but Wolfe only heard about the first half minute or so, because she decided the middle of the road in the line of fire was a good place to take a nap.

She woke up in a hospital about a week later, but was so heavily sedated she remembers little of the first month or so. She found out early on that her coffee drinking buddy, Greg, had been killed, but didn't find out until a few months later that he'd died trying to get to her to save her.

Quote:

Got enough of that popcorn to share? Hope you enjoyed reading that crap again.

Doc thinks it'll help my pain from spasms and the sudden jolts of pain when I move, but doubts it'll do a lot for my breathing. Maybe some, but that's not the area that's contributing to the breathing problems as much as some other damage that he can't do anything about except let heal on it's own.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-27-2011, 19:04   #7408
BobInTX

Well, maybe this will help with the healing also.

Yes, I enjoyed reading that immensely. . Now write from Greg's POV. Try to get in his head and feel his emotions.
Old 05-27-2011, 19:13   #7409
23skidoo
Deceased

Tender gentle hugs Sweetheart. May you heal quickly without pain or breathing problems.

Oh yeah, please whack that traitorous mutt on his nose with a rolled up newspaper. I've a message for him too.
Old 05-27-2011, 19:14   #7410
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Well, maybe this will help with the healing also.

Yes, I enjoyed reading that immensely. . Now write from Greg's POV. Try to get in his head and feel his emotions.
Now I know you didn't enjoy reading that from the perspective of being glad it happened. At least I hope not!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-27-2011, 19:35   #7411
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Big gentle hugs, little lady... I know it's not easy.
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:42   #7412
BobInTX

Quote:
Now I know you didn't enjoy reading that from the perspective of being glad it happened. At least I hope not!
I think you know me better than that!
Old 05-28-2011, 08:38   #7413
sawgrass

That sure reads differently for me. I can't really explain it though.
LW how did it 'feel' writing it this time?

How is your chest cartilage feeling?

Last edited by sawgrass; 05-28-2011 at 08:38..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:11   #7414
sawgrass

Wolfe we have a lot of buds, soon maybe an actual flower.

Last edited by sawgrass; 06-16-2011 at 19:36..
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27   #7415
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
sawgrass those flowers are very pretty.

Quote:
I think you know me better than that!
She does but she got a rise out of you.

Quote:
I stopped because the meds were messing with me bad last night, even worse than they are now. But here's the rest of it.......

Doc thinks it'll help my pain from spasms and the sudden jolts of pain when I move, but doubts it'll do a lot for my breathing. Maybe some, but that's not the area that's contributing to the breathing problems as much as some other damage that he can't do anything about except let heal on it's own.
That sounds like a fair enough reason to stop since you did finish it. sawgrass was right about the tone of your writing this time. What changed? Did the meds you are on right now affect your writing?

Any help the surgery gives you will be sure to be an overall improvement because you may thrash and tighten up less from pain and muscle spasms. That is sure to help alleviate at least some of the breathing problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:32   #7416
BobInTX

I think I got a rise out of her, too!

I too noticed the change in tone.
Old 05-28-2011, 13:56   #7417
sawgrass

Bob I had an email from my Uncle and he said it's 104'. Maybe you should stay in Idaho! Dang that's hot. He said something about breaking an eighty something year old record.

Last edited by sawgrass; 05-28-2011 at 14:56..
Old 05-28-2011, 18:32   #7418
BobInTX

Too late. I'm at DFW airport right now.
Old 05-28-2011, 19:04   #7419
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Bob I had an email from my Uncle and he said it's 104'. Maybe you should stay in Idaho! Dang that's hot. He said something about breaking an eighty something year old record.
Hell, it's 110 today and it's been over 100 every day for the past couple weeks. Want to come visit me here?

Quote:
I think I got a rise out of her, too!

I too noticed the change in tone.
Actually you got a out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
Big gentle hugs, little lady... I know it's not easy.
Thank you my friend. You're right, it's not.

Quote:
That sure reads differently for me. I can't really explain it though.
LW how did it 'feel' writing it this time?

How is your chest cartilage feeling?
I felt really stoned on the meds. When I wrote most of that I was so doped up that I really couldn't 'feel' anything, so I was just trying to make it a little funny.

As for the chest it feels like............... never mind, you know what it feels like!

Quote:
Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've seen a Lily of the Valley?!?! And I can't wait to see the pics of those irises in bloom. Some of my favorite flowers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
That sounds like a fair enough reason to stop since you did finish it. sawgrass was right about the tone of your writing this time. What changed? Did the meds you are on right now affect your writing?

Any help the surgery gives you will be sure to be an overall improvement because you may thrash and tighten up less from pain and muscle spasms. That is sure to help alleviate at least some of the breathing problems.
True, and I'll take any improvement at all right now. This **** hurts!

Yep, they sure did. Probably even affected what I wrote tonight, since I'm still pretty doped up. Trouble is, I can't seem to get loosened up this time, so it's a little dry. Oh well, here goes........

Well hello again, once again my name is Greg. I supposed you remember me as the guy who tried to get to your friend Wolfe after she got shot. Last time you brought me here to tell my tale I died again at the end of it, but here I am again. Does this mean I get to stay alive this time?

I met Wolfe at a small base in Afghanistan in 2008 when I was on what was planned to be my last deployment before retiring. I knew Iíd miss the Army, but not craphole bases like this one we were stuck on. Wolfe was trying to fly off the base to a different one with some gear, I just wanted to get back to my home base. We were both at the excuse for a flight line that was there, waiting for choppers when we were told that the flight was cancelled because of a problem with one of the birds. Wolfe was starting to drag her junk back to a tent when I heard someone tell her that they might be able to run a convoy to get her to the next base. I think they just wanted her off the base because she drank almost as much coffee as I did. I got word a little later that sheíd gotten her commandís blessing to go, so I decided to go to the base where the choppers were. I knew if I helped them get the thing flying again I could probably get on it. Sometimes being a mechanic can be handy.

I went into a tent and saw her making coffee, so I went over to help her drink it. I told her Iíd be riding along on the convoy and she seemed to like the idea, so we hung out for a few hours waiting to go. She either liked my sense of humor or pretended to, so we traded jokes and politically incorrect stories there and on the ride. We met the crew on the convoy, got a safety briefing and got all loaded up and ready to go. Wolfe and I rode in the same MRAP, and we discovered how her being short was an advantage. She didnít hit her head on the roof when she was bounced against the seatbelts by the driver trying to drive in and out of holes in the road the size of Atlanta. We rode for a couple hours, trading BS and laughing when the locals decided to blow us up. At least they tried, no one got hurt. I started expressing my opinion of them in no uncertain terms. Wolfe let out a pretty impressive blue streak. Then I showed her how itís really done. Once we all curled the paint inside the vehicle we waited while the driver and convoy commander tried to get us moving again, but no joy.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-28-2011, 19:58   #7420
sawgrass

Those temps sound miserable. Do you need some more Emergen-C for your water? I remember how much you like it.

Maybe if we could get out of the 50-60's something might bloom. The little iris are called 'Flight of Butterflies'. The bigger ones are some kind of bearded iris but I don't know their names. We have peonies that are close too. Yesterday we planted zucchini, summer squash, okra, turnips, radishes, onions, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, eggplant and basil. At this rate it might snow before any of it comes in.

Each little rose bush has one bud on it. I ran out of GT photo space.

I hope your chest feels better soon.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!