Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-18-2012, 18:00   #8801
Mrs. VR
Administrator

When my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer a few years ago we were told that for her particular cancer there was only one study available and it showed a 4 year survival rate. She's now coming up on 4 years and still in total remission. The oncologist told her a couple weeks ago that when she first came in he thought it was going to be a total train wreck. The odds are just numbers, they don't define you and you aren't bound by them. I absolutely agree that attitude is a big part of healing. It's great that they are not forking around and are getting things moving ASAP.

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 18:06   #8802
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I don't 'manage' to do anything, I just have no choice. Truth is, I'm a coward and a wimp with low pain tolerance. I'm not half as strong as some of you think I am. I'm only alive because someone was determined to keep me alive, not because I'm tough. If I beat this cancer it'll be because it was caught early and treated correctly.

I'm figuratively cowering in a corner myself.

Bull****. You are a LOT stronger than most of the people here. Yeah, he saved you on the roadside that day but you have been the one to fight the rest of that battle.

They make some really good drugs for pain...how are you at handling constipation?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:12   #8803
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
That is the best thing you can do. Start dealing with it right away so you can be cured faster. You are strong and will beat this. I would still rather keep my own issues off this forum.
I don't like your decision, but I'll respect it. I get my strength from you folks.

I hope the nightmares continue to lessen in their power over you until they fade away completely. Have you been getting any more sleep yet? After going to the mall did you feel that you had accomplished something?
A couple nights I've gotten more sleep, and a couple I barely got any at all, so it balanced out. Over time I've slowly been getting more, but still not near enough.

At least some good came from you going to that place. Good insurance will take a major source of stress away from you that you do not need right now. You have more than enough to worry about with the cancer and still recovering from your injuries. How is that treatment being handled while you are in Dubai? Will you be able to get your pain and other meds?
Nothing's being done about my chest right now, and I have a supply of meds. If I'm going to stay here for radiation treatment I'll have to get with my doc and figure something out. It's going to be a bit complicated since I'm not in the States, but my employer said they'll make sure I get my meds even if they have to pay for them. The hardest part is going to be getting them into my hands, since they're narcotics.

That would only help if it was done before she got to the Rolex shop!: rofl:
Hey, I'll have you know I didn't buy any watches!!! But that one Datejust sure sang to me...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilverthor View Post
I believe they are still calling it CRC, regardless we still call it that, and for contractors it is now through Camp Atturbury, IN. Amazingly, I think I prefer all of the locations overseas to being there, the only place that I have to question is transient billeting in Ali.

Jeff
I knew about them moving it, which sucks for me. At Benning I didn't have to stay on base, I could just drive there when they needed me. As for Ali, my mother taught me that if I can't say anything nice I shouldn't say anything at all. So I'll shut my trap about that S***hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
delete. went wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead098 View Post
I had 4 doctors tell me I was terminal. I believe in the miracles of science & the power of prayer. Always be positive. I was not well at times, but I never felt sick enough that I would die. All the best to you L_W, thoughts are with you & prayers sent.
Glad to see you made liars out of docs. I'm hoping I won't get that sick too, but we'll see. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
When my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer a few years ago we were told that for her particular cancer there was only one study available and it showed a 4 year survival rate. She's now coming up on 4 years and still in total remission. The oncologist told her a couple weeks ago that when she first came in he thought it was going to be a total train wreck. The odds are just numbers, they don't define you and you aren't bound by them. I absolutely agree that attitude is a big part of healing. It's great that they are not forking around and are getting things moving ASAP.
Wow, good for your Mom! Here's to another 40 years in remission for her. I don't know what stage and odds will be assigned to me yet, but those numbers can go to hell.

You're so right that they aren't wasting any time, just a couple days after I showed the lump that PA who was treating my chest unjuries she called me and said there'd be a helicopter at my base the next morning and it was for me. I have my PET scan on Wednesday, they'll be probably scheduling surgery ASAP after that. I'm glad of that, I don't like to sit around waiting. Let's get this done with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
Bull****. You are a LOT stronger than most of the people here. Yeah, he saved you on the roadside that day but you have been the one to fight the rest of that battle.

They make some really good drugs for pain...how are you at handling constipation?
Enough of you think it that maybe I'm wrong, but I'll always have to settle for being the second toughest GT'er at best. Love him, hate him, or something in between, John Tull, AKA the Plague Beater, has got to be the one who's pic is in the dictionary alongside the word 'tough sumb****'.

I'm already familiar with those pain meds for the last 3+ years, as you already know. And yeah, I'm familiar with the constipation part! In a way I'm lucky, everything else turns my colon to an express lane, if you get my drift. So the 2 factors usually balance out. I'm still hoping to avoid adding chemo into the mix, I don't know how that'll play with the Fentanyl and other pain meds I'm on. Not to mention the Xanax, muscle relaxers, and sleep meds I have to take at night.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38   #8804
BobInTX

Quote:
Hey, I'll have you know I didn't buy any watches!!! But that one Datejust sure sang to me...................

"You know you want me..."

Wow, good for your Mom! Here's to another 40 years in remission for her. I don't know what stage and odds will be assigned to me yet, but those numbers can go to hell.

Now THERE'S the Wolfe we all know and love!

You're so right that they aren't wasting any time, just a couple days after I showed the lump that PA who was treating my chest unjuries she called me and said there'd be a helicopter at my base the next morning and it was for me. I have my PET scan on Wednesday, they'll be probably scheduling surgery ASAP after that. I'm glad of that, I don't like to sit around waiting. Let's get this done with.

Let's all pray for good results on the PET scan.

Enough of you think it that maybe I'm wrong, but I'll always have to settle for being the second toughest GT'er at best. Love him, hate him, or something in between, John Tull, AKA the Plague Beater, has got to be the one who's pic is in the dictionary alongside the word 'tough sumb****'.

I'm already familiar with those pain meds for the last 3+ years, as you already know. And yeah, I'm familiar with the constipation part! In a way I'm lucky, everything else turns my colon to an express lane, if you get my drift. So the 2 factors usually balance out. I'm still hoping to avoid adding chemo into the mix, I don't know how that'll play with the Fentanyl and other pain meds I'm on. Not to mention the Xanax, muscle relaxers, and sleep meds I have to take at night.
I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Quote:
I guess I just don't see it that way. I think I'm a weakling who cries way too easily. Thank you.

I'd rather you think you're not tough, and actually be tough, then to think you're soooo tough, when you're actually not. Follow?

When we say "tough", we mean you're hard to kill. When the MRAP door went down and you had to run out, you earned the respect of all of us. Actually, you earned it when you signed up with the recruiter, but that sealed the deal. I'm sure SR will say it was much earlier than that.

Because if I can be treated and released back to work it's a whole lot easier to get me back to Afghanistan if I'm not in the States. If I was there more than 30 days I'd have to go back through CRC, or whatever they're calling it now, and that sucks.

Makes sense. It you do have to go home you don't need to come back anyway.

I'm OK with being here for this part of the treatment, this hotel is super nice and the staff is trying to do what they can for me. If I have to get chemo I wouldn't be able to go back to work for quite a while, so they'd send me home.

Did you find some nice cabana boys to rub you down with suntan lotion?

Thank you for the kind words. In a way that's hard to explain, it does help me. I've come in here and read all these posts and it gives me a little strength to face this.

I sure hope I can. I know once again I'm relying on medical people for my life, but I think I've got a good doc here. Thank you for the positive waves, I need all I can get.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Js 1:9 (NIV)

Do you have any idea how long it's been since I've seen one of them??? Makes me feel old!

You ARE OLD!

I just got off the phone with the referral service my insurance company uses. We're getting my PET scan scheduled for this week. I found myself being really glad I did let myself get talked into going to Afghanistan, because I have really good health insurance. If I'd quit that job I probably wouldn't have any insurance, or it would suck, and the VA might not do anything about this.

Hmmmm...Didn't someone say there might be a reason why you went to Afghanistan? Never thought it would be THAT.

I meant to post this a couple days ago, I went into a mall here on Friday. There's a mall right across the street from the hospital, and I walked over after getting my blood drawn. It was about 9:30 AM, the mall didn't open until 10. So I walked around with no one there, and once it did open it was still almost empty. Nothing like an afternoon crowd. There was even watch shops in there. Yes, I went into a couple. The first one had watches so gaudy and ugly I had to go into the Rolex shop just to unpollute my eyes.

Did I show up? Oh, wait...this was real life.

I stayed for about 45 minutes, until more people started coming in, then got out of there. One thing I accomplished was give the Jajjis a more detailed venue in which to shoot me, and they did just that.
Are you saying that you had the mall dream again? Now, did I show up?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 16:27   #8805
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
STFU, watch! I don't need another, and I was a bad enough girl today. I called a place that sells purses on consignment and had a few sent to my hotel room to pick from. I was a bad, bad girl.

I figure either the cancer will go to hell or send me to hell, or somewhere. I kinda prefer the first option.

Thanks, I'm a bit worried about that. Everything else has turned out bad so far. Want to see my tumor? Here's the ultrasound at about actual size. Like I said, it's growing fast.

Okie Memorial Area

They'll have to, one way or another. Otherwise they'll have a cancer (IM)patient who's screaming in pain and having withdrawels, too. I can just see my cancer doc bundling me up and sending me back to Afghanistan. Then I post his name..........

I'd rather you think you're not tough, and actually be tough, then to think you're soooo tough, when you're actually not. Follow?
Makes sense even to my addled brain.

When we say "tough", we mean you're hard to kill. When the MRAP door went down and you had to run out, you earned the respect of all of us. Actually, you earned it when you signed up with the recruiter, but that sealed the deal. I'm sure SR will say it was much earlier than that.
Ask her what she thought the time I had her blocked in her car with a 44 magnum behind my back and her soon-to-be-EX in front of me. Somehow I don't think 'respect' was the right word. Probably something more infraction-worthy. And when the MRAP door opened I didn't have much choice but to run. As for raising my right hand, a lot of people do that. I'm not special, I'm just a bullet magnet.

I wonder what you GT'ers might do to me if I did try to go back after being home for a while....

Did you find some nice cabana boys to rub you down with suntan lotion? : whistling:
Nope, no GT'ers have showed up yet.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Js 1:9 (NIV)
So where was he when I was getting shot?

You ARE OLD! : tongueout:
Mandy wants you to know she heard that.

Hmmmm...Didn't someone : whistling: say there might be a reason why you went to Afghanistan? Never thought it would be THAT.
What did you think the reason might be?

You'd have been bored. All I did was shop a little. Now your wife might have enjoyed it more.

Nope, that's why you still don't have your new watch.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-19-2012, 16:29   #8806
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

Sounds like you have experience.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 17:10   #8807
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hey Wolfe, did you get my message?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 17:13   #8808
BobInTX

Quote:
STFU, watch! I don't need another, and I was a bad enough girl today. I called a place that sells purses on consignment and had a few sent to my hotel room to pick from. I was a bad, bad girl.

B: Oh the humanity!

I figure either the cancer will go to hell or send me to hell, or somewhere. I kinda prefer the first option.

Me too!

Thanks, I'm a bit worried about that. Everything else has turned out bad so far. Want to see my tumor? Here's the ultrasound at about actual size. Like I said, it's growing fast.

Okie Memorial Area

B: Is it just me or does it look like a face?

They'll have to, one way or another. Otherwise they'll have a cancer (IM)patient who's screaming in pain and having withdrawels, too. I can just see my cancer doc bundling me up and sending me back to Afghanistan. Then I post his name..........

Makes sense even to my addled brain.

Ask her what she thought the time I had her blocked in her car with a 44 magnum behind my back and her soon-to-be-EX in front of me. Somehow I don't think 'respect' was the right word. Probably something more infraction-worthy. And when the MRAP door opened I didn't have much choice but to run. As for raising my right hand, a lot of people do that. I'm not special, I'm just a bullet magnet.

B: I think you told that story somewhere before.

I wonder what you GT'ers might do to me if I did try to go back after being home for a while....
B: We'd call you crazy.

Did you find some nice cabana boys to rub you down with suntan lotion? : whistling:
Nope, no GT'ers have showed up yet.

So where was he when I was getting shot?

B: Who do you think was keeping you alive?

You ARE OLD! : tongueout:
Mandy wants you to know she heard that.

B: Oops

Hmmmm...Didn't someone : whistling: say there might be a reason why you went to Afghanistan? Never thought it would be THAT.
What did you think the reason might be?

B: I had no clue, but hoped it was in God's plan for you.

You'd have been bored. All I did was shop a little. Now your wife might have enjoyed it more.

Nope, that's why you still don't have your new watch.
Well!
Old 03-19-2012, 17:13   #8809
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Major prayers being said now, tonight, and all day tomorrow for the pet scan results. I'm asking for miracles...he may answer "no", but I'm still asking. Short of a miracle, I'm asking for HIS comfort for you...HIS guidance for your docs.

S_R, I'm still praying for your needs too...I don't need to know what it is, God knows and that's all the matters. If you get comfortable enough to tell us, it would be nice to have details to add to the prayers, but not necessary.

Also praying for all the other needs for our GT friends. God's blessings on all.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 17:44   #8810
MrsKitty

Quote:
Sounds like you have experience.
Nope, but I did have a neuro who thought Diladuid was good for a migraine. Didn't do jack for it but it did wonders for the runs.
Old 03-19-2012, 17:46   #8811
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Major prayers being said now, tonight, and all day tomorrow for the pet scan results. I'm asking for miracles...he may answer "no", but I'm still asking. Short of a miracle, I'm asking for HIS comfort for you...HIS guidance for your docs.

S_R, I'm still praying for your needs too...I don't need to know what it is, God knows and that's all the matters. If you get comfortable enough to tell us, it would be nice to have details to add to the prayers, but not necessary.

Also praying for all the other needs for our GT friends. God's blessings on all.
I never blow off "unspoken" requests. They are just as important as spoken ones.
Old 03-19-2012, 20:20   #8812
dango

I'm to a point in life where there's only two things I really would like to do before it's over.
1-See my son one more time,he turned out to be a fine human being and I could not be prouder.

2-The honor and priveledge of being humbled by meeting the you in the flesh. Any idea when you might be homeward bound? That would complete my simple life because I have already been blessd in so many ways.
the USA is only so big you know !

Last edited by dango; 03-19-2012 at 20:21..
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22   #8813
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
Prayers sent that your mother stays in remission.

Quote:

They make some really good drugs for pain...how are you at handling constipation? ::
I agree with you. I also think she is quite good at handling constipation by now.

Quote:
I don't like your decision, but I'll respect it.
Thank you.

Plug your ears!
I don't know what stage and odds will be assigned to me yet, but those numbers can go to hell.
You keep thinking like that!

Quote:
I agree. Now keep that attitude Wolfe.

B: Is it just me or does it look like a face?
I think it looks like a walnut.

B: Who do you think was keeping you alive?
Perhaps it was the medic?

Let's all pray for good results on the PET scan. [/COLOR]
I am praying hard.

Quote:
What did you buy this time?

Stop even thinkig about the second option!

That is a fast growing one to be that size already. I hope it has not spread. Is it causing you any pain?

Wolfe is right. Respect was not the word I was thinking of that morning.

Nope, that's why you still don't have your new watch. ::
Are you planning on buying some of us watches?

Quote:

Thank you for praying for all of us who have needs.

Quote:
Nope, but I did have a neuro who thought Diladuid was good for a migraine. Didn't do jack for it but it did wonders for the runs. ::
LOL. It does well at that.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 16:12   #8814
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hey Wolfe, did you get my message?
Yes, I've even written part of a reply. I'm really praying that your results are better then mine!

Quote:
Well!
I KNEW you only loved me for my watches!

Is it just me or does it look like a face?
I think it looks like a walnut, too. A poisonous one!

I think you told that story somewhere before.
You sure about that?

We'd call you crazy.
You do that already!!!!

Who do you think was keeping you alive?
The medic who was mashing my damn chest!

Oops
We'll miss you.

I had no clue, but hoped it was in God's plan for you.
I'd really like to rewrite his plans a little!
Quote:

Thank you for that, I'm concerned about this. I'm fasting tonight and in the morning for the test.

Quote:
Nope, but I did have a neuro who thought Diladuid was good for a migraine. Didn't do jack for it but it did wonders for the runs. : rofl:
Did it give you nausea? It does me, but it usually wears off in less than an hour after I take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
I'm to a point in life where there's only two things I really would like to do before it's over.
1-See my son one more time,he turned out to be a fine human being and I could not be prouder.

2-The honor and priveledge of being humbled by meeting the you in the flesh. Any idea when you might be homeward bound? That would complete my simple life because I have already been blessd in so many ways.
the USA is only so big you know !: thumbsup:
I don't know yet when I might be headed home, it depends in these test results. If they think they can treat this a fairly short amount of time I might stay here until I got back to work. If I need chemo I;m sure I'll be headed home in short order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
That is a fast growing one to be that size already. I hope it has not spread. Is it causing you any pain?
Yes, some because it's displacing tissue that's supposed to be there. It's intermittent, but getting a little worse each day. It's still pretty mild though, at least compared to the injured part of my chest.

You keep thinking like that!: thumbsup:
I'm trying to.

Are you planning on buying some of us watches?: whistling:
I heard Walmart is having a good sale on Timexes.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-20-2012, 16:17   #8815
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Yes, I've even written part of a reply. I'm really praying that your results are better then mine!
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 18:20   #8816
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Any news,......?
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 18:40   #8817
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Any news,......?
+1 How did your tests go Sweetheart?
Old 03-21-2012, 19:20   #8818
dango

In 2000-2001 my wife went through chemo , it looked bad but she's still here and still my favorite person and best friend.
There are happy endings all the time and I'm sitting back waiting
for yours.I don't expect any less I'm a hopeless optimist.
All we can do is say no , not me , not yet .
I'm waiting , get on with it and do what you do .
You said you ain't as tuff as we think , wrong , you are way tuffer than you know , got it ?
Old 03-21-2012, 19:44   #8819
dango

Really didn't know if I wanted to tell you this or not but what the hell.I'm supposed to go back to the hospital tomorrow. I had to drive round trip 5 hours. I've been having to deal with some bull crap for over 2 years now. Back when this whole thing started ,
I was told this doctor was the best by everybody. He'd basically
been a buzz kill every time we talk prognosis. I mad , How good are you? You tell me this is bad , so you are the best , don't tell me bull crap , I'm tired already how good are you? Fix it already.
I wont except problem after problem. Your the best ?Show me and send me on my way already. I want solutions.I'm in for another adventure and I am up to it .The doctor better be up to it also.I'm about tired of looking at him so when I'm done,I'll be in touch and you can count on it!He ain't allowed to go this far and give up , I've already made plans so he better be on his game.
I will contact you next week baby and send all them demons my way,I'll bite their heads off and eat them! Damb!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:16   #8820
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Wish they had a little praying smiley.
Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 02:18   #8821
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Okie Memorial Area
Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 15:54   #8822
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Yeah, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Any news,......?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
+1 How did your tests go Sweetheart?: hugs:
The test itself went OK, they injected me with radioactive dye so I'd glow, then I had to lay down and the scanners went over my upper body. It's open, so it's not clausterphobic. I won't have the results for a few days, but first glance didn't show any obvious signs of the cancer having spread. Sure hope that's the case when the results come in, too.

I did something a little crazy, I rented a car and drove myself out there since it was almost 2 hours each way. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy. With my chest making it painful to drive, and PTSD, plus not knowing my way around, it was an adventure. Scary as hell some ot the time, too. I just didn't feel like paying over 800 Dirhams for the trip, even though it'd have been reimbursed. I went to see the Palm island, which is totally man-made. I snapped a pew pics I thought you might enjoy. They're in the post below because of the 6 smiley/pic limit.

By the time I got back here I felt rough and was running a bit of fever. My doc here explained how cancer can affect the immune system by making it work so hard, so that was probably why I felt so bad last night and today. Of course my chest doesn't want to feel left out, it's complaining like mad today, too.

Quote:
In 2000-2001 my wife went through chemo , it looked bad but she's still here and still my favorite person and best friend.
There are happy endings all the time and I'm sitting back waiting
for yours.I don't expect any less I'm a hopeless optimist.
All we can do is say no , not me , not yet .: tongueout:
I'm waiting , get on with it and do what you do .
You said you ain't as tuff as we think , wrong , you are way tuffer than you know , got it ?
Wow, glad to hear your wife won this battle. I don't feel so tough right now.

Quote:
Really didn't know if I wanted to tell you this or not but what the hell.I'm supposed to go back to the hospital tomorrow. I had to drive round trip 5 hours. I've been having to deal with some bull crap for over 2 years now. Back when this whole thing started ,
I was told this doctor was the best by everybody. He'd basically
been a buzz kill every time we talk prognosis. I mad , How good are you? You tell me this is bad , so you are the best , don't tell me bull crap , I'm tired already how good are you? Fix it already.
I wont except problem after problem. Your the best ?Show me and send me on my way already. I want solutions.I'm in for another adventure and I am up to it .The doctor better be up to it also.I'm about tired of looking at him so when I'm done,I'll be in touch and you can count on it!He ain't allowed to go this far and give up , I've already made plans so he better be on his game.
I will contact you next week baby and send all them demons my way,I'll bite their heads off and eat them! Damb!
Prayers going up for your trip to the hospital, hope it all goes well.

Quote:
[IMG]praying smiley[/IMG]
Nice! Thank you

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-22-2012, 16:08   #8823
23skidoo
Deceased

What kind of vehicle did you rent? AMG Mercedes? Good news so far; let's hope it remains so.
Old 03-22-2012, 16:13   #8824
BobInTX

Well, aren't you adventurous!
Old 03-22-2012, 16:51   #8825
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
What kind of vehicle did you rent? AMG Mercedes?: whistling: Good news so far; let's hope it remains so.: hugs:
Nope, nothing fancy like that. I didn't need to even want to 'test' a car out driving around in an Arab country. Not to mention the smaller car was hard enough for me to control. I rented a plain old Mitsubishi, but I did have to get the automatic because of my damn chest.

I'm hoping the results of that and the blood test are good, too.

Quote:
Well, aren't you adventurous!
Either that or crazy. Oh wait, we already know that! OK, I'm just crazy enough to try that. Of course, before I got shot I'd have gotten a car when I first got here and driven it all over Dubai by now. And probably gotten a few 'Fast Car Awards' to show for it......

Here's the pics I promised earlier. In the first pic I was just driving onto the Palm..

Okie Memorial Area

Here I was on the main drag in the center of the palm, that building with the opening is a hotel at the center of the crescent. We've had sandstorms here for a few days, so visibility is low. Way better than it got in Iraq at times, though.

Okie Memorial Area

Here's that same hotel from the front.

Okie Memorial Area

This is how the entire island was made, dredging up and placing rocks. It wasn't an inexpensive project, but there are insane amounts of money here.

Okie Memorial Area

This is one of the condo complexes on the crescent, with more construction in the back. The cranes you see are a typical sight all over Dubai, there's construction everywhere. If I see a suvenier Dubai T-shirt with a crane on it I'm going to buy it!

Okie Memorial Area

I pulled up alongside a kid sitting in a Ferrari with his dad (I'm guessing) taking pics. When I stuck a camera out the window the dad obligingly stepped back so I could snap a couple pics.

Okie Memorial Area

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!