Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2011, 19:37   #6981
23skidoo
Deceased

My fingers are crossed Sweetheart, no squeezing hugs.
Old 03-20-2011, 20:54   #6982
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
My fingers are crossed.

Thanks Wolfe.
Wow. I'm sorry your sister is having problems. Keep us informed.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 20:58   #6983
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
back, as long as you remember not to squeeze. My chest is doing some of that on it's own.

Can we add another prayer request to our list tonight? sawgrass's sister recently had gall bladder surgery and ended up with a staph infection. Here's the thread about that. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329056.

Also Skidoo's brother is still in the hospital and in a lot of pain, we need to pray for comfort for him and the entire family, please.

As for me, I had a nightmare real late again last night. I'm still having them, but having them later than before gives me hope that at least some nights I won't have one at all. Cross your fingers.
That's what I was hoping would happen after your post the other day.
Old 03-21-2011, 18:29   #6984
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
My fingers are crossed.

Thanks Wolfe.
You're very welcome, of course. How's she doing today? My fingers are crossed that the news is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGal View Post
Time for you to come home and resume your life and clear your head. You deserve it!
I like that idea. I don't think it'll be much longer now, but I'm getting everything paid off while I'm here to have one less source of stress when I do get home. Thank you, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
<<< Doesn't mind proving himself to you each and every day.

May all you future dreams be good.
My hero.
Can't wait to meet you collect those hugs and footrubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
My fingers are crossed Sweetheart, no squeezing hugs. : hearts:: smootchie::i loveyou:
My fingers are crossed and prayers are going out for your brother.

BTW, here's Skidoo's latest update on his brother. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...5#post17083505

They and sawgrass' family really need your prayers tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
That's what I was hoping would happen after your post the other day.
I was hoping it would happen again last night, but no luck. I was talking to my shrink about that and other things on my mind right now, and about all the crap in my head, etc, and my shrink listened and asked me some questions about it. Then a little later he made the comment that he was happy about the way things are going even though at times I think I feel as bad as ever. His comment was "We're finally back in charted waters with your psychological issues". He said I've finally reached the point where the crap in my head still needs to be dealt with and is causing problems, but is normal for my situation. Of course it's not normal that I took so long to get here but that's from the drug allergies.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 18:39   #6985
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 18:53   #6986
BobInTX

Just don't give up. You've come so far.
Old 03-21-2011, 20:26   #6987
sawgrass

LW I think what your shrink is saying is encouraging.

Thanks everyone for the prayers, my sister if doing better this evening.
Skidoo and family remain in my prayers.
Old 03-21-2011, 20:32   #6988
m2hmghb

I'm glad to hear that sawgrass.

I just wanted to check up on you Wolfe, I know I haven't said much lately. I tend to try and be quiet when things get to me. Keep getting better Wolfe and feel better.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:24   #6989
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

It sounds like what her shrink is also saying is that now he has a clue about how to help her whereas he did not before. He does sound optimistic at this point. That is good news.

Quote:
Time for you to come home and resume your life and clear your head. You deserve it!
Amen to this!

Quote:
Ummmmmmm, no, she's saying that she's almost as ascared of heights as I am of AK-47's!
Must you remind everyone of that fact? Just because I refuse to go up on the roof of my house does not mean I have a phobia.

Quote:
My sister wants all the dirty details of what happens when Dr. Nice finds out Dr. Disaster took away your Xanax for one night causing you to hurt yourself during a nightmare. I think she, Glock26Girl, and S_R would love to meet Dr. Disaster in a dark alley. He should be very afraid. ::
You were smart to include me on that list. I would love to be a fly on that wall.

Quote:
I'm copying this over from Skidoo's thread about his brother's battle with pancreatic cancer because he really needs your prayers right now. While you're at it, would you send up a few for Silent_Runner? The recurring issues in her life are weighing on her and keeping her offline right now. Thank you all.

OK, I didn't quit today. My shrink and terrorist are both taking this approach right now, not pushing me real hard for a little while. My shrink has been spending more time pointing out my progress than anything lately, but he promises he's going to dig back in soon.

My terrorist has been going easier, waiting for the latest round of steroids to 'settle in' before he torments me some more. He's been focused mainly on stretches and trying to increase my lung capacity lately, instead of building strength. I think I've been losing ground in both areas lately, especially on the capacity. I'd really like to be able to take a nice deep breath right now.
Thank you for this and the prayers. They are very appreciated and I hope they can continue. 23Skidoo and sawgrass you and your families are in my prayers also.

I think both your shrink and terrorist have a care plan for you that will help you in the long run as long as you keep pushing for recovery yourself. You have come way too far to give up now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 16:53   #6990
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

I think so too, 'charted water' has got to be an improvement. I think Silent_Runner was right, 'uncharted water' was his way of saying "I didn't know what to do with you".

Glad your sis is improving, please keep us posted until we're sure she's OK. All of you and also Skidoo's family will keep getting prayer sent up for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Must you remind everyone of that fact? Just because I refuse to go up on the roof of my house does not mean I have a phobia.

: rofl: Of course!

Thank you for this and the prayers. They are very appreciated and I hope they can continue. 23Skidoo and sawgrass you and your families are in my prayers also.
You're very welcome for the prayers too and you know they'll continue. And what I said stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
I'm glad to hear that sawgrass.

I just wanted to check up on you Wolfe, I know I haven't said much lately. I tend to try and be quiet when things get to me. Keep getting better Wolfe and feel better.
Hi there, good to see you. I know winter was rough on you, hopefully you're feeling better now that warmer weather is coming.

We got off light on the rain this year compared to last year, but we're getting some tonight. Very little coming down, but high and low pressure systems rolling through and my chest is describing each one in detail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey: hearts:: hugs:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
Just don't give up. You've come so far.
I'm doing my best not to. Won't say it's not tempting even still, but I keep telling a certain demon and his buddy to **** off. Hopefully soon those 2 will take a permanent vacation. With or without their heads bashed in by a few GT'ers. I think I owe it to you folks, and the people over here that are really trying to win this battle, so another day is done and I'm still in the fight.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-22-2011, 20:07   #6991
23skidoo
Deceased

Another day is done and you're still in the fight. That's my girl!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:11   #6992
engineer151515

Quote:
I think so too, 'charted water' has got to be an improvement.
I will be happy when your "charted water" includes a pleasant hot tub with little floating bubbles, music in the background and your drink of choice (which would be . . . what?)
Just saying...

Quote:
so another day is done and I'm still in the fight.
Your "crew" has your back.

Demons,
take flight and do not return.

Flowers for LW

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by engineer151515; 03-23-2011 at 12:16..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 17:25   #6993
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Another day is done and you're still in the fight. That's my girl! : hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Yep, that's the only way to keep those bastards from winning. Both the Afghanis and the demons in my head that want to beat me.

Yet another day is done.......

Quote:
I will be happy when your "charted water" includes a pleasant hot tub with little floating bubbles, music in the background and your drink of choice (which would be . . . what?)
Just saying...

Demons,

Flowers for LW
Especially if that hot tub is at your house. Drink of choice, hmmmmm. That could be a glass of wine or something like scotch or brandy, but I really love a good microbrew beer. There's so many good ones to choose from, I could just let you choose for me.

With you friends having my back those demons know they'll lose. It's just a matter of time. Those Azaleas are pretty. Did you just take that pic?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-23-2011, 17:29   #6994
engineer151515

Quote:
Those Azaleas are pretty. Did you just take that pic?
Just this morning.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:39   #6995
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
:

With you friends having my back those demons know they'll lose. It's just a matter of time. Those Azaleas are pretty. Did you just take that pic?
Yes they will. They know we will not give up until you have won this battle.

Quote:
Just saying...

Demons,

Flowers for LW

Okie Memorial Area
Those are very pretty. If you insist on treating Wolfe so well you may never get rid of her. Of course I would have to come visit her.

Quote:
You're very welcome for the prayers too and you know they'll continue. And what I said stands.

I'm doing my best not to. Won't say it's not tempting even still, but I keep telling a certain demon and his buddy to **** off. Hopefully soon those 2 will take a permanent vacation. With or without their heads bashed in by a few GT'ers. I think I owe it to you folks, and the people over here that are really trying to win this battle, so another day is done and I'm still in the fight.
I know it does and have consider posting about it here.

Each day that you refuse to give in is another day closer to you being rid of those demons for good. You just remember the advice you were given here before about fighting on even an hour or a minute at a time when it gets hard. That time builds up and the days go by and you grow stronger. When that happens the demons in your head grow weaker. Eventually we will all celebrate your victory and healing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:41   #6996
BobInTX

^^^ What she said.
Old 03-24-2011, 15:10   #6997
23skidoo
Deceased

Another day done and one day closer to standing atop that mountain.
Old 03-24-2011, 15:18   #6998
okie
GT Mayor

Quote:
This
Old 03-24-2011, 15:19   #6999
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey
Old 03-24-2011, 18:48   #7000
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey: smootchie: : hugs:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
Another day done and one day closer to standing atop that mountain.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I think I slipped back a step or 20 today. At least I didn't fall all the way back down.... yet. But I'm getting in a few stoned posts elsewhere.

Hope you're having a great birthday. Sorry Hajji-net wouldn't cooperate with my phone call, but you got to hear me piss and moan for a few minutes anyway.

Quote:
^^^ What she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Yes they will. They know we will not give up until you have won this battle.

Those are very pretty. If you insist on treating Wolfe so well you may never get rid of her. Of course I would have to come visit her.

Maybe he won't mind that.

I know it does and have consider posting about it here.

We'll keep praying for you whether you do or not.

Each day that you refuse to give in is another day closer to you being rid of those demons for good. You just remember the advice you were given here before about fighting on even an hour or a minute at a time when it gets hard. That time builds up and the days go by and you grow stronger. When that happens the demons in your head grow weaker. Eventually we will all celebrate your victory and healing.
Yeah, an hour or a minutes at a time. It's been one of those days, my chest is just screaming, partly because of rain rolling in and out of here. I'm stoned on my nighttime cocktail, Oxy, and extra pain meds and should have been asleep 3 hours ago. I was going to talk about my session with my shrink today, but doubt I could get a coherent thought out, so I'll hold that for tomorrow.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!