Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-16-2011, 20:00   #6961
sawgrass

Old 03-17-2011, 08:38   #6962
BobInTX

How is that breathing thing going?

Have the steroid injections helped the chest?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:12   #6963
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:57   #6964
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Have at them. I'd love to watch that scene, even videotape it. Shall I tell Dr Arse you guys are just getting warmed up and looking for who's next? Actually he seems to have calmed down quite a bit, although he still gripes about me even being there. He's pretty much shut up entirely about getting me sent back to the States, though. My own doc will be back before too much longer, thankfully.
Have my secret sword cane standing by. Easier to sneak up on them when they think you're a gimp.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 16:14   #6965
Glock26girl
G26, G19

This is something that you and I both need to deal with, Wolfe. It's pretty good.

It was advertised that the devil was putting his tools up for sale. When the day of the sale came, each tool was priced and laid out for public inspection. And what a collection it was. Hatred, envy, jealousy, deceit, pride, and lying ... the inventory was treacherous. Off to one side was a harmless-looking tool priced higher than all the rest, even though it was obviously more worn than any other tool the devil owned. "What's the name of this tool?" asked one of the customers. "That," the devil replied, "is discouragement." The customer asked, "But why have you priced it so high?" The devil smiled and explained, "Because discouragement is more useful to me than all the others. I can pry open and get inside a man's heart with that tool when I can't get near him with any other. It's badly worn because I use it on almost everyone, since so few people know it belongs to me."

The valleys in life are lined with disappointment and discouragement. Some people seem to thrive on adversity, emerging from their valley with greater strength and deeper faith. Others stumble and fall, giving in to discouragement and dropping out of the race. The difference in outcome is determined by the way we choose to handle discouragement.

We must respond to each valley with trust and faith. The word "trust" means "to lie helpless, face down" and is the picture of a servant waiting for his master's command or a soldier yielding himself to a conquering general. "Heart" refers to "the center of one's being." In other words, to trust God completely means that from the very center of our being, from the very core of our existence, we trust Him, totally abandoning ourselves in childlike faith to Him and His plan. We come to God, holding nothing in our hands, with one word in our heart - "whatever!" Whatever You want me to do, Lord, I will do. Whatever You want me to say, Lord, I will say. Whatever You want me to think, Lord, I will think. Whatever path You have for me, Lord, I will walk."

If you are like me, you sometimes think you don't have enough faith. The amount of faith is not
nearly as important as the right kind of faith - faith in God alone. Faith does not rest on what we
have done, but on what Christ has already done on the cross and in our lives. Faith builds on
the victories of yesterday to help us face the valleys of today and the storms of tomorrow. Faith
does not bypass pain. It does, however, empower us to deal with pain. Faith steps up to the bat
and invites the opponent to throw his best pitch. Sometimes faith strengthens us, and other
times, surprises us. Great faith is forged in the deepest valleys, beginning where our strength
and power end.

I love the story of a missionary family, home on furlough and visiting friends. When it was time
for dinner, the mother of the missionary children called her kids in. When her son burst through
the door, she took one look at his hands and said, "Son, go wash those hands. They are dirty
and covered in germs." With a scowl on his face, the little boy headed to the sink muttering,
"Germs and Jesus! Germs and Jesus! That's all I hear about and I've never seen either one!"
While we tend to say that seeing is believing, faith says that believing is seeing. Doubt creates
mountains; faith moves them. Faith produces trust that shatters fear and leaves no room for
discouragement.

Let's Pray
Father, I am so discouraged. Life is just not turning out like I thought it would. I have had so many disappointments and it seems like I face one valley after another. I need You and the hope that only You can give. Help me to trust You will all of my heart - not just part of it. Teach me how to walk by faith and not by sight. Today, I come to You with a "yes" in my heart for whatever You have planned for my life.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 16:43   #6966
BobInTX

That's something for all of us.
Old 03-17-2011, 18:04   #6967
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Send a message via ICQ to B. Somm Send a message via AIM to B. Somm Send a message via Yahoo to B. Somm

Hiya Lone!

Nothing to add, other than sending good juju & hoping that you're feeling a bit better!

B.

ETA: I take that back....I believe I promised you pictures of my 'new' kitties, who I inherited from my mom when she passed away in November:

This is "Timmy":

Okie Memorial Area

And this is "Twiggy":

Okie Memorial Area

The above pictures are ones that I took while they were still at my mom's place. The one's below are after they 'moved in with me'...

Here is Annie & Twiggy....it took them a couple of months to get to this point!

Okie Memorial Area

Annie & Timmy on my bed...Annie jumped down shortly after the picture was taken:

Okie Memorial Area

GSSF/Niner #141/Big Dawg #117/Grand Canyon Glockers #9/FM Lodge #50 and OAF #918

Last edited by B. Somm; 03-17-2011 at 18:32..
B. Somm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 18:33   #6968
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Send a message via ICQ to B. Somm Send a message via AIM to B. Somm Send a message via Yahoo to B. Somm

(Oops, hit the image limit!) Two more....

Here's all three of them from last week:

Okie Memorial Area

Don't let this picture of Twiggy fool you! She's skinny as a rail and lives up to her name! She never gains any weight because she is a nervous kitty...and if she didn't mind being handled, I'd be giving her kitty Valium!

Timmy on the other hand has been the one to surprise me the most! He's very laid back and when Annie gets grouchy, he just walks away as if to say, "Yeah, whatever lady..."!

While they lived at Mom's, they were both skittish and would hide anytime a stranger would come over. Mom also had pet pigeons, the number one being "Mr. Squeaks". He ruled the roost with an "iron beak" and the cats were afraid of him. It's so nice to see them relax, come out of their shells and just "be cats", without having to worry about Mr. Squeaks chasing them and trying to 'beak' them!

They both love to be brushed & petted, although Timmy is still a bit unsure about being touched. However, once I start scritching him under the chin and brushing his fur, he starts to purr and is putty in my hands! (Because they were feral when Mom adopted them, she didn't think Timmy wanted to be bothered since he ran from any contact. I don't think Mom tried hard enough and spent more time on the pigeons than the cats, which surprised me, as well as saddened me. Of course I'm persistent and love to dote on the cats, so they're now getting spoiled!)

Here's an example of the rough life they now lead:

Okie Memorial Area

I Hope their story brought a smile to you!

GSSF/Niner #141/Big Dawg #117/Grand Canyon Glockers #9/FM Lodge #50 and OAF #918

Last edited by B. Somm; 03-17-2011 at 18:52..
B. Somm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:31   #6969
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Have my secret sword cane standing by. Easier to sneak up on them when they think you're a gimp.: whistling:
I know better, but then you don't have to sneak up on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey: smootchie:: hugs:: hearts:
Love you too, okie. Congrats on getting another job so quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
My sister wants all the dirty details of what happens when Dr. Nice finds out Dr. Disaster took away your Xanax for one night causing you to hurt yourself during a nightmare. I think she, Glock26Girl, and S_R would love to meet Dr. Disaster in a dark alley. He should be very afraid. : grouphug:
Note to self; never piss off Skidoo's sister. For that matter I wouldn't want to piss off the other 2 you mentioned if I know what's good for me.

I have the feeling a few words will be exchenged between the 2 over that incident. My doc told him to 'be conservative' with me amd not to kill his patient. Oh well, he hasn't succeeded. So far...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
: wavey:: hugs:: hugs:
You're not squeezing, are you? back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
How is that breathing thing going?

Have the steroid injections helped the chest?
Breathing, is that really necessary? How I wish that could be optional, I'd take a break from it for a few days. I think the steroid injections will help and my chest seemed to be settling down the last couple days until around midnight last night, then my breathing started getting worse and worse. I debated going into the hospital even though I hate to at that late hour. My doc wants me to for any attack, but I hoping it would pass without wearing me out too bad or making me cry like a little girl, but it finally got bad enough that I gave in. I'm paroled for now, and don't feel like I have an entire herd of elephants standing on me, just one or 2.

Dr Arse was less than thrilled to see me there when he got in this morning, but he didn't say anything so bad you guys need to club him over. I'm still feeling kinda rough, but I got to get some work done, so I'll write more later. Plus I'll get to see the kitty pics, they won't load right now.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:55   #6970
23skidoo
Deceased

Miss Lone made parole..........wait for it......................................................
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34   #6971
BobInTX

Speaking of kitty pics, I don't have any. ha ha But just wanted to let you know that Tuxedo cat is letting us get closer and closer to him. I've been about 2 feet away before he scampers off. I put his bowl down on a bench on our deck and sat down beside it and look off in the other direction. He jumped up on it and ate his food, but jumped down when I moved too close. It's only a matter of time.

And yes, you have to keep breathing.
Old 03-18-2011, 17:50   #6972
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
I Hope their story brought a smile to you! : wavey:
Oh, those poor abused, mistreated, neglected kitties! I just don't see how they can stand living there as bad as they have it now!

Those are beautiful kitties, great pics of them. Annie looks like she's going to swat Timmy in that one pic. BTW, I'm really sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I got your PM and will write back when I can get myself to concentrate for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Yes, your kitties and their story definitely got a smile from me. Thank you. Of course I'll have to limber up my kitty scratching fingers before my next visit....

Quote:
Miss Lone made parole..........wait for it......................................................
You sound glad I was imprisoned or something. I had to go back for a while today, but escaped for the night, as long as I can breathe OK. I'm pretty trashed on meds tonight though. Oh well, drugged posting...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Speaking of kitty pics, I don't have any. ha ha But just wanted to let you know that Tuxedo cat is letting us get closer and closer to him. I've been about 2 feet away before he scampers off. I put his bowl down on a bench on our deck and sat down beside it and look off in the other direction. He jumped up on it and ate his food, but jumped down when I moved too close. It's only a matter of time.

And yes, you have to keep breathing.
Damn, I do wish breathing was optional. But if I quit I'd probably have some pissed off GT'ers using their bats on me. I got to admit I like it when my doc gives me oxygen to make the breathing easier, though.

Sounds like you're making progress with the kitty. Before you know it he'll figure out how to have the good life. Of course I want a pic long before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
This is something that you and I both need to deal with, Wolfe. It's pretty good.
That makes a lot of sense. I get discouraged so easily, especially when I go days on end with just a couple hours sleep a night, or when my chest just won't cut me a break on the pain. I seem to be doing a little better in that area since I'm finally making some progress.

Trust and faith are definitely not my long suits by any stretch of the imagination. It's been hard to trust my docs and shrinks for the last 2+ years, but I've had no choice.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-18-2011, 18:05   #6973
engineer151515

<<< scientifically proven.

Foot rubs help breathing.
Old 03-18-2011, 20:36   #6974
sawgrass

No Quitting.

Breathe as deep as you can, slowly and enjoy it as best as you are able.
Old 03-19-2011, 17:29   #6975
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I'm copying this over from Skidoo's thread about his brother's battle with pancreatic cancer because he really needs your prayers right now. While you're at it, would you send up a few for Silent_Runner? The recurring issues in her life are weighing on her and keeping her offline right now. Thank you all.
Quote:
Update on my brother, he's doing better tonight, his pain meds are regulated so he can rest. He was able to eat this evening without getting sick. He has come to terms with the fact his docs can't do anything beyond keeping him comfortable now. He has known searing pain all his adult life from Crohn's disease. I pray the end will be merciful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
<<< scientifically proven.

Foot rubs help breathing.
It may be scientifically proven, but it hasn't been proven to me. You'll have to prove it to me personally and I may not be easily convinced. It may take several sessions before I really believe.

Then I may forget by the next day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
No Quitting.

Breathe as deep as you can, slowly and enjoy it as best as you are able.
OK, I didn't quit today. My shrink and terrorist are both taking this approach right now, not pushing me real hard for a little while. My shrink has been spending more time pointing out my progress than anything lately, but he promises he's going to dig back in soon.

My terrorist has been going easier, waiting for the latest round of steroids to 'settle in' before he torments me some more. He's been focused mainly on stretches and trying to increase my lung capacity lately, instead of building strength. I think I've been losing ground in both areas lately, especially on the capacity. I'd really like to be able to take a nice deep breath right now.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-19-2011, 18:05   #6976
23skidoo
Deceased

Old 03-20-2011, 16:38   #6977
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
back, as long as you remember not to squeeze. My chest is doing some of that on it's own.

Can we add another prayer request to our list tonight? sawgrass's sister recently had gall bladder surgery and ended up with a staph infection. Here's the thread about that. http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1329056.

Also Skidoo's brother is still in the hospital and in a lot of pain, we need to pray for comfort for him and the entire family, please.

As for me, I had a nightmare real late again last night. I'm still having them, but having them later than before gives me hope that at least some nights I won't have one at all. Cross your fingers.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-20-2011, 18:16   #6978
sawgrass

My fingers are crossed.

Thanks Wolfe.
Old 03-20-2011, 18:25   #6979
SouthernGal
What's Up Dox?

Time for you to come home and resume your life and clear your head. You deserve it!
Old 03-20-2011, 18:38   #6980
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

It may be scientifically proven, but it hasn't been proven to me. You'll have to prove it to me personally and I may not be easily convinced. It may take several sessions before I really believe.

Then I may forget by the next day....

<<< Doesn't mind proving himself to you each and every day.

May all you future dreams be good.

Last edited by engineer151515; 03-20-2011 at 18:39..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!