Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-12-2012, 18:46   #8551
BobInTX

^^ Yep

You need to think about the good YOU have done since he saved you too.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 18:37   #8552
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
^^ Yep
You need to think about the good YOU have done since he saved you too.
The first thing that came to mind when I read that was sending the police after Skidoo, since that's pretty obvious, and it was all happening here on GT. I really never thought I've done a lot of good in the world, although I try. But in some ways I guess I do. My employer seems to think I do, they still want me to stay over here in spite of all the problems I have.

I was just listening yesterday to someone complain about contractors, and how we aren't really serving our country, etc. Someone there pointed out that most all of us are veterans, but that didn't make any difference. I just shook my head and walked away, because I think I still do. Then later I stumbled across this article. I think it puts a little bit into perspective...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46357483...s-contractors/

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
And it should never leave you.
Greg left with a part of you, and you were left with a part of him.
You will be together again. Acceptance is the only cure. I know how
hard this is and has been for you, my heart aches for you.

Get your butt back home,......ya still owe me the honor of a beer!
I left this one last night because I wanted to think about it. So now I know who got my watch... J/K, no one stole my watch. Now I just hope Greg doesn't smite me for that.

I never really thought of it this way, but it makes a lot of sense. He took the part of me that never really thought of things like this before, at least not in the "It might happen to me" sense. This sort of thing was just something I heard or read about, and I always admires someone who could risk, and lose, their life for another. Especially for someone they barely knew. But the reality is that all of us who serve of even deploy as civilians are risking doing exactly that. Just not on a one-on-one basis like Greg did for me.

That's been hard to accept, that someone died for me. Someone that I didn't want to die, and if I could go back and somehow make him stay down I would, even though I know how that would end for me. He did leave something with me, and I can see why you say it's a aprt of himself. It's the part of him that's made me keep hanging on even when I wanted nothing more than to give up for these past 3 years. I can't just let his sacrifice be in vain, no matter how hard it is for me or how much it hurts.

As for that beer, the honor would be mine.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 20:17   #8553
BobInTX

That's a good post, Wolfe. You ARE serving your country. It doesn't matter what that jerk thinks, but what you think.

When I first "met" you, you could have never posted that.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:57   #8554
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
That's what I need to be able to do, put it some place and only let it out sometimes, instead of it coming out at the worst possible time or just staying out constantly.
Keep working on that and it will happen. It seems to already be getting better for you.

That sounds like a damn good idea. How I wish I had someone's hand to hold or shoulder to cry on at times here.
You have our shoulders to cry on even though we are far away. Please never forget that.

You're right about that, I'll never forget. I'm just trying to so hard to get to a place where I think of Greg's life instead of his death all the time. He deserves better than that, he wouldn't have done what he did if he hadn't been a good man all those years before he blew cover to save me.
You are looking at it the right way. Now you just need to get your heart and your mind to work together on this subject.

Quote:
The first thing that came to mind when I read that was sending the police after Skidoo, since that's pretty obvious, and it was all happening here on GT. I really never thought I've done a lot of good in the world, although I try. But in some ways I guess I do. My employer seems to think I do, they still want me to stay over here in spite of all the problems I have.

I was just listening yesterday to someone complain about contractors, and how we aren't really serving our country, etc. Someone there pointed out that most all of us are veterans, but that didn't make any difference. I just shook my head and walked away, because I think I still do. Then later I stumbled across this article. I think it puts a little bit into perspective...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46357483...s-contractors/
I read that article and agree with it but some of the comments at the bottom were terrible. It seems so many people really have no idea what you do over there. I could not see you becoming a mercenary.

I left this one last night because I wanted to think about it. So now I know who got my watch... :: J/K, no one stole my watch. Now I just hope Greg doesn't smite me for that.

I never really thought of it this way, but it makes a lot of sense. He took the part of me that never really thought of things like this before, at least not in the "It might happen to me" sense. This sort of thing was just something I heard or read about, and I always admires someone who could risk, and lose, their life for another. Especially for someone they barely knew. But the reality is that all of us who serve of even deploy as civilians are risking doing exactly that. Just not on a one-on-one basis like Greg did for me.

That's been hard to accept, that someone died for me. Someone that I didn't want to die, and if I could go back and somehow make him stay down I would, even though I know how that would end for me. He did leave something with me, and I can see why you say it's a aprt of himself. It's the part of him that's made me keep hanging on even when I wanted nothing more than to give up for these past 3 years. I can't just let his sacrifice be in vain, no matter how hard it is for me or how much it hurts.

As for that beer, the honor would be mine.
I hope Greg is waiting to get you for that comment Wolfe!

That would be hard for anyone with a conscience to accept. Only a person who does not care about other could just take another sacrifice like that in stride. You care too much about others to not take it badly. That good in you is what Greg saw that made you worth risking his life and what makes us love you. In spite of what you said in an email to me Greg did not take the best part of you with him. He left that for all of us to see. He did leave the best part of himself for you to carry on. His sacrifice will never be in vain as long as you stay in the fight.

Quote:
That's a good post, Wolfe. You ARE serving your country. It doesn't matter what that jerk thinks, but what you think.

When I first "met" you, you could have never posted that.
I agree with you about serving her country. Anyone who volunteers to go over there is serving in some way.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57   #8555
23skidoo
Deceased

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of those who say contractors don't serve their country and may their arms be too short to scratch.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:11   #8556
BobInTX

Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:48   #8557
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
Happy Valentine's Day!
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 13:56   #8558
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Happy Valentine's Day!
Thank you, and Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,
Happy Valentine's Day!
Gyfgyf
Happy Valentine's Day back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of those who say contractors don't serve their country and may their arms be too short to scratch.
Good one!

I'm not going to try to answer any of the other stuff in here, or the PM's I have, because I'm about to go back to the hospital for the night. At least I hope they keep me there overnight and knock me out good.

I got good news and bad news. The bad news if that I have an upper respiratory infection again. My PA and I talked about it some this afternoon, and she thinks I'll probably be really vulnerable to them for the rest of my life, and really have to be careful about that. At least part of the cause is that it's hard to take a deep breathe, and it hurts so much to cough, that I avoid it even though I need to. Impurities build up, and I can't get rid of them like I should. My breathing capacity when I'm at rest and not having an attack is normal, but when I'm having other problems like this or spasms, etc, then I have a hard time getting enough air.

She gave me something for it and told me that if it didn't give me any relief to come back in. I spent a few hours in my warm therapy room trying to rest, which helped, but not enough, so I'm about to head back over.

The good news is that this time isn't near as bad as last summer when I was home. We caught it much sooner this time, so hopefully it won't get worse. There's something to be said for being over here walking distance to my doc.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-14-2012, 17:25   #8559
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Happy VD
Old 02-14-2012, 20:12   #8560
BobInTX

Well poop!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:41   #8561
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

I only have a moment today but want to pass along an update from Wolfe. I spoke to her for just a couple of minutes this morning and she is doing as well as could be expected under the circumstances. As I have little doubt you understand anything that inhibits respiratory function will affect Wolfe far most than it will most people. Fortunately her PA and others caring for her seem to recognize that and are taking precautions. The have her heavily medicated right now and are keeping her out of the cold as much as possible. I believe she is being well taken care of and will be OK. However a few extra prayers wound not hurt right now.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:48   #8562
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Good vibes are on the way.

They just need to send her ass home so she can get some rest and better help.....JMHO
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:12   #8563
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Happy VD
I thought the political correct term was STD now.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:14   #8564
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I only have a moment today but want to pass along an update from Wolfe. I spoke to her for just a couple of minutes this morning and she is doing as well as could be expected under the circumstances. As I have little doubt you understand anything that inhibits respiratory function will affect Wolfe far most than it will most people. Fortunately her PA and others caring for her seem to recognize that and are taking precautions. The have her heavily medicated right now and are keeping her out of the cold as much as possible. I believe she is being well taken care of and will be OK. However a few extra prayers wound not hurt right now.
Will do.

SR, do they do breathing treatments on her?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12   #8565
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Good one!
I stole it fair and square from Facebook. Feel better Sweetheart.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36   #8566
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Prayers on the way!!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34   #8567
BobInTX

How are you doing, Lady Glock?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:18   #8568
Lady Glock

Quote:
How are you doing, Lady Glock?
Finally going to get the surgery. It's scheduled for Wednesday the 22nd. My lungs hurt every day. I wish I could breath without hurting.

Otherwise, I'm pretty good...my boy's birthday is Monday. I'm making him homemade pizza for dinner...and I have a job lead that I'm going to follow up on immediately after the surgery!

Hope you and yours are good.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:50   #8569
23skidoo
Deceased

The very best of luck on your interview, Miss LG. Prayers for you and your family during your coming surgery.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:52   #8570
23skidoo
Deceased

How are you today, Sweetheart?
Old 02-17-2012, 13:42   #8571
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Happy VD
Happy STD to you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Thanks for passing that along for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
Good vibes are on the way.

They just need to send her ass home so she can get some rest and better help.....JMHO
Thanks Dinky. I like the idea of rest, but doubt I'd be able to get better help there. At least here I'm 300 yards away from a medic when I'm in my room. OTOH, the thought of being someplace warm is really appealling. I'm so tempted to take my disability payments and move someplace that stays warm year-round, like near the equater. Wonder if I'll have enough $$$ to hire a full-time Cabana Boy. Anyone in here want to apply for the job?

On the subject of going someplace warm, I've got a thread running looking for suggestions about where to go for my vacation trip I'm planning this summer. Anyone with any input is invited to go here and chime in.

Need Gulf Coast Resort Suggestions Please

Quote:
Will do.

SR, do they do breathing treatments on her?
They are right now, because of the infection. Usually those treatments wouldn't do me much good because my problems are from an injury, not an illness. My therapist does work on trying to improved my breathe capacity. That's been ongoing the whole time I've been in therapy.

Quote:
I stole it fair and square from Facebook.: supergrin: Feel better Sweetheart.: hugs:
I'm trying to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Prayers on the way!!!
Thank you, I could use them still.

Quote:
Finally going to get the surgery. It's scheduled for Wednesday the 22nd. My lungs hurt every day. I wish I could breath without hurting.

Otherwise, I'm pretty good...my boy's birthday is Monday. I'm making him homemade pizza for dinner...and I have a job lead that I'm going to follow up on immediately after the surgery!

Hope you and yours are good.
Glad you're finally getting the surgery you need, and I'll be praying for you. I do understand what you mean when you say you wish you could breathe without hurting. It's not like when our leg hurts we can sit down, or rest the arm that's hurting. We have no choice but to keep breathing. Well, we do have a choice, but it might piss off a few GT'ers.

Quote:
How are you today, Sweetheart?
I feel like................... oh, never mind, you know what I feel like!

I've spent the last few days even more doped up that usual, couching and hurting from this infection. My PA is trying to walk a line between keeping me from coughing and aggravating my injury, and not being able to clear some of this infection out. They've been keeping a short leash on me, making me stay inside except to go eat and shower, plus a couple hours today to work during the warmest part of the day. 'Warmest' is relative, since it hasn't gotten above freezing here in weeks. As bad as this one hurts, it's still not as bad as the one I got last summer, so there's a least a little consolation.

I'd best get back to my room now, there's a medic that's going to come by with some meds and to check and make sure I didn't sneak out or anything like that....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-17-2012, 17:23   #8572
23skidoo
Deceased

Sneak out!!!?? Miss Lone_ sneaks out of her hospital bed? Only when Miss Mandy says the coast is clear. May your infection take a hike soon Sweetheart. Please give your lookout a belly rub for me.
Old 02-17-2012, 23:21   #8573
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Praying for you all. Seems like not much going right at this time.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 15:51   #8574
Lady Glock

Quote:
Glad you're finally getting the surgery you need, and I'll be praying for you. I do understand what you mean when you say you wish you could breathe without hurting. It's not like when our leg hurts we can sit down, or rest the arm that's hurting. We have no choice but to keep breathing. Well, we do have a choice, but it might piss off a few GT'ers.
Thank you Wolfe...I know your pain is much more than mine, and I'm sorry if it ever sounds as though I don't realize that.

Today has been a really s*itty day, and I'm waiting impatiently for it to be over. Have a good night all

Old 02-18-2012, 23:40   #8575
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Thank you Wolfe...I know your pain is much more than mine, and I'm sorry if it ever sounds as though I don't realize that.

Today has been a really s*itty day, and I'm waiting impatiently for it to be over. Have a good night all
That does not make your's any less. Pain SUCKS! All my best to you LG.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!