Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:02   #6821
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I'm glad you got your money back too. Are you stuck in Chicago?

No, thankfully...we didn't even get off the ground in Tulsa. Got a call yesterday evening that our first flight out of chicago was cancelled, made another arrangement out of chicago and got a call this morning that THAT one was cancelled. So they tried to reroute us to Atlanta for the connecting flight, but only one seat available, two necessary. Thankfully we didn't get out of the current hometown and caught in the blizzard.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:36   #6822
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
It was a very expensive ticket...over $1300, so I'm thankful it was fully refunded.
Geez, no kidding! You can fly from Dfw to Hawaii cheaper than that.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43   #6823
BobInTX

Wolfe, Mrs Bob said to say thank you so much for the Amaryllis pics. They really help her day with what she's going through with her mom now.
Old 02-20-2011, 14:57   #6824
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Geez, no kidding! You can fly from Dfw to Hawaii cheaper than that.
It really shocked me when they told me the price...the other person's ticket, ordered 4 days earlier was less than half. Both were in coach!

Old 02-20-2011, 15:59   #6825
BobInTX

Quote:
It really shocked me when they told me the price...the other person's ticket, ordered 4 days earlier was less than half. Both were in coach!
You booked your flight within 14 days of the flight, didn't you? They really stick it to you.
Old 02-20-2011, 16:19   #6826
Lady Glock

Quote:
You booked your flight within 14 days of the flight, didn't you? They really stick it to you.
Had no choice...I booked it as soon as I knew it was necessary. The first person I talked to, I asked why so much more than the other. She yelled "Don't yell at me" and {click}, she hung up!

Old 02-20-2011, 16:50   #6827
BobInTX

Quote:
Had no choice...I booked it as soon as I knew it was necessary. The first person I talked to, I asked why so much more than the other. She yelled "Don't yell at me" and {click}, she hung up!
Yeah, I knew it was an urgent type situation.
Old 02-20-2011, 17:24   #6828
sawgrass

Quote:
Yeah, I knew it was an urgent type situation.

I wasn't aware of this...Lady G is there anything I can do for you in MN?

ETA, they just said there have been over 700 flight cancellations today at MSP.
The second band of heavy snow is just getting here. We have about 8 inches so far.

Lady G pm me if there is anything I can do for you.

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-20-2011 at 17:40..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 17:59   #6829
sawgrass

I'm bored. I took you a pic LW. These flowers are from last week and are
just beginning to open up. Rocks and a bottle of old whiskey in the background. What else could you ask for? I'm waiting for an occasion worthy
of opening it. I like the wooden box.

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-23-2011 at 08:10..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 18:20   #6830
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Wolfe, Mrs Bob said to say thank you so much for the Amaryllis pics. They really help her day with what she's going through with her mom now.
Mrs. Bob is more than welcome. I'm glad this can give her at least a smile to help her through her troubles.She and your family is in my prayers, too. Here's a couple more pics. This stalk didn't bloom in the normal trumpet formation, but it's pretty in a different way. I'd like her input on what to do now that it's post-bloom, I've never had an Ameryllis before and want this one to rebloom.

Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
No, thankfully...we didn't even get off the ground in Tulsa. Got a call yesterday evening that our first flight out of chicago was cancelled, made another arrangement out of chicago and got a call this morning that THAT one was cancelled. So they tried to reroute us to Atlanta for the connecting flight, but only one seat available, two necessary. Thankfully we didn't get out of the current hometown and caught in the blizzard.
Damn, at least you got stuck at home instead of at some snowbound airport. That would have sucked royally. Real glad you got your $$$ back, too.

Still crossing fingers and praying that future plans go a little smoother, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Lady Glock it's snowing like crazy. It's cold, wet and slippery. Visibility is only
about a hundred yards. You do not want to be here. They are predicting 12-20 inches of snow over the next 24 hours and have issued a winter storm
warning. My dog is asking if she can visit SR.

I'm glad you didn't lose your money.
Hey!!!!!!! You were supposed to send Chloe over here to me!!!

Damn, that snow sounds nasty. It was 75 and sunny yesterday, 70 and dusty today. The dust sucks, but at least it wasn't cold. I'm glad it's warming up here. Knock on wood, I haven't had quite as many really painful weather related episodes this winter as last year. It's been milder weather, thank God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: smootchie:: hugs:
Love you too, okie

Quote:
Oh well, mistakes were made, but if things happen for a reason I guess all of us getting to know you is reason enough.

You know whatever decision you would make about your care we would support you, right? Just don't let them knock you out of your job and then reneg on the hospital. Cause that would really, really suck.
That seems like about the only thing good coming from that happening. I would have been a lot better off being sent back Stateside 2 years ago, but it's done now....

I appreciate that. It's not actully my decision at all, Dr Arse is the one making the call there. If he's not just blowing odd steam, that is. I had to go in today to get my sleep meds for the next few nights and he started talking about how my painkiller med doses are higher than would be allowed in the States, and how I have to take way too much stuff to get even a couple hours of sleep, etc. I said "Well, that sounds like a good reason not to go back to the States. Do you think I like needing all this stuff? Don't you think I wish I didn't need the pain meds?" He started looking at the results on my MRI's and said the latest one is looking better and everything seems to be "in the right place" and healing slowly, but surely.

So I pointed out that it seemed like I was getting better here, even though it was taking longer and he admitted that I'd have been at the military hospital for quite a while too, but probably released by now. He wasn't even sure of that.

I'm damn sure not going to let him convince me to leave until he gets me admitted to a military hospital, there's yet another thread full of VA horror stories active in GNG right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Enjoy your dinner if you can Wolfe.: rofl: Just think of all the good hospital chow that may await you here in the US.: upeyes: I just hope your doctor takes all the factors into consideration when making his decision. Did your regular doctor leave any instructions about this?

Wolfe only you would think of something like this.: rofl:

Thank you very much for the offer and the continued prayers.

Did you see your shrink today? I hope he has figured out what he needs to work on with you next. How are you feeling? Are you still pretty numb or it all starting to come back again?
Glad you like that.

Hospital food, ugh. But then chow hall food isn't exactly gourmet. As for my doctor you already know that in a case like this he has to trasnfer my care over to the other doc, which means all decisions. Even though Dr. Arse is only here for a months or so he can make changes as he sees fit. He obviously can't do something like start me back on AD's or anything else shown in my record to be harmful to me.

I talked to my shrink today and he took his usual approach of asking what I wanted to talk about. At first it didnít seem like anything real was going to come out, then we got onto the subject of Greg and why he did what he did. After a little back and forth about that I made the comment that a lot of people thought I should just accept it and be thankful, which we all know I need to. He said that was true, but brought up something else. He said the fact that Iím thinking it through and analyzing and picking it apart is a good sign, because my mind it working like it should finally. Instead of having massive guilt and other oppressive thoughts overpower me whenever I canít keep this crap out of my head Iím facing it and dealing with it in a way that my own mind needs to. He also noticed that even though I still feel a lot of guilt the last couple sessions Iíve been talking about why GREG made the choice, not me for a change. He didnít jump for joy this time, but he wants me to pick through the pieces in my mind until I can put them back together in a way that I can live with.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 21:31   #6831
BobInTX

He's right. Greg made the choice to save you, not you. That's why on one of your writing exercises I asked you if you cried out for help or did anything to get Greg to help you. You said more than once that you couldn't move, breathe or anything to get anyone's attention. He made the decision and he succeeded. You lived, thank God. It hurts that he died, but he would be proud that he saved you.

That is a good change that you are questioning Greg and not yourself.

ETA: another change is that you're talking about crap in your head, but you haven't used the word "demon" in weeks. I think we finally kept their heads on those sticks.

I'm not using that word anymore. They're dead.

Hope is winning.

Last edited by BobInTX; 02-20-2011 at 21:38..
Old 02-20-2011, 21:43   #6832
BobInTX

After-Bloom Care
After-Flowering. After the amaryllis has stopped flowering, it can be made to flower again.* Cut the old flowers from the stem after flowering, and when the stem starts to sag, cut it back to the top of the bulb.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:27   #6833
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
ETA: another change is that you're talking about crap in your head, but you haven't used the word "demon" in weeks. I think we finally kept their heads on those sticks.

Hope is winning.
I've talked about the demons privately, but you're right in that they're not as powerful as they were in the past. Just last night I was going to ask if I could hang one in particular out the window and let you folks bash his head in once and for all. I'm tired of him whispering in my ear and want him gone. With him out of the way I think the other will curl up and die, or go find some other way to amuse themselves.

What say you, Demon Hunters International, want a piece of him?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-21-2011, 09:20   #6834
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I've talked about the demons privately, but you're right in that they're not as powerful as they were in the past. Just last night I was going to ask if I could hang one in particular out the window and let you folks bash his head in once and for all. I'm tired of him whispering in my ear and want him gone. With him out of the way I think the other will curl up and die, or go find some other way to amuse themselves.

He has no power over you, Wolfe. You have too many prayers and love on your side. It's not even a close contest.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24   #6835
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Whenever he can spare the time Sweetheart. I feel the need to wear my Reds #5 jersey.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:07   #6836
sawgrass

Lone_Wolfe demons, evil and general bs exist. The fact that you are getting better, stronger, and healthier in every way will give you the strength
to keep negativity at bay just like you did before you were shot. You have overcome a lot of disappointment in your life. You chose to be a US Soldier
the same as Greg which put you where you are. I don't believe that the fundamental characteristics that make you who you are have changed.

We all love you and know that you are going to make it. Doubt is a normal reaction at far lesser times than you are experiencing. Hang in there girl, you got this...!

I'm kinda plowed out. Got the dang tractor stuck twice. Sat in the hottub to thaw out and had a Schells Stout. August Schell is the second oldest oldest family owned brewery in the US. I have a feeling that you would
like their Stout. It's perfect for a day like we are having here. You sure as heck don't have to worry about the beer getting warm.

We love you LW and I have complete faith in you. You are not the average woman.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:33   #6837
Tenngunner

Quote:
lone_wolfe

we all love you and know that you are going to make it. Doubt is a normal reaction at far lesser times than you are experiencing. Hang in there girl, you got this...!

We love you lw and i have complete faith in you. You are not the average woman.
this!

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 17:43   #6838
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Whenever he can spare the time Sweetheart. I feel the need to wear my Reds #5 jersey. : grouphug:
Whenever who can spare the time?

Quote:
After-Bloom Care.....
Thank you! I trimmed one stalk back and will the other as soon as it droops too. Here's hoping for a re-bloom. And here's a couple more pics of the last day in bloom.

Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
He's right. Greg made the choice to save you, not you. That's why on one of your writing exercises I asked you if you cried out for help or did anything to get Greg to help you. You said more than once that you couldn't move, breathe or anything to get anyone's attention. He made the decision and he succeeded. You lived, thank God. It hurts that he died, but he would be proud that he saved you.

Hope is winning.
I still question and blame myself, sometimes worse than others, but it doesn't seem to knock me down like it did. Right now I'm alternating between questioning Greg, God, myself, and anybody who might have had any part in me being able to go get shot that day. It seems there are days I'd go through the phone book looking for people if I had one here.

I hate that he died, I've cussed him out and screamed at him more than once over that.

Quote:
He has no power over you, Wolfe. You have too many prayers and love on your side. It's not even a close contest.
He gets me to thinking what a relief that would be and all that crap, then I have to tell him to **** OFF all over again. Just recently I was talking privately to someone and mentioned that my doc said he didn't want to keep my on Xanax indefinitely, and I was asked what my doc might use instead. Without thinking about it I wrote "Maybe a 9mm". I doubt the person reading it was amused.

I just want that one gone because he has this knack for picking just the right moment to show himself. But then they all do.

Quote:
Lone_Wolfe demons, evil and general bs exist. The fact that you are getting better, stronger, and healthier in every way will give you the strength
to keep negativity at bay just like you did before you were shot. You have overcome a lot of disappointment in your life. You chose to be a US Soldier
the same as Greg which put you where you are. I don't believe that the fundamental characteristics that make you who you are have changed.

We all love you and know that you are going to make it. Doubt is a normal reaction at far lesser times than you are experiencing. Hang in there girl, you got this...!

I'm kinda plowed out. Got the dang tractor stuck twice. Sat in the hottub to thaw out and had a Schells Stout. August Schell is the second oldest oldest family owned brewery in the US. I have a feeling that you would
like their Stout. It's perfect for a day like we are having here. You sure as heck don't have to worry about the beer getting warm.

We love you LW and I have complete faith in you. You are not the average woman.
I've never tried Schells anything. sounds like I need to rectify that, don't I? In the mean time, tip one for me. We had another day of 70 degrees here, thankfully. I can walk outside without my chest hurting any more than it was inside. Now if I could just get it to quit hurting at all, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards any time soon. My terrorist made damn sure it didn't happen today.

Funny, I've always thought of myself as average. I'm average looking, average height, used to be average weight, but that's changed for the worse. Average intelligence, maybe a little above in some areas. But overall, nothing special. I don't even consider myself special for joining the Army and deploying, a lot of women do that. True, I was a lot older than most when I went back in, but that doesn't mean much.

I just can't figure out why people think I'm so specially, except maybe for the fact that I'm alive when I shouldn't be. I think that just means a lot of things happened just right and God needs my average self to do something that someone else can't do.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-21-2011, 19:17   #6839
23skidoo
Deceased

[QUOTE=Lone_Wolfe;16920031]Whenever who can spare the time?

That rat ******* Suicide. I really want to put his head on a pole in the sand!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:10   #6840
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
That rat ******* Suicide. I really want to put his head on a pole in the sand!
I want that one too along with the one called giving up. I think Wolfe wants Nightmares gone too but he will be more difficult.

Quote:

Hope is winning.
BobInTX do you think Wolfe would have been to blame if she had been able to cry out for help? Do you think that would have made her any more responsible for Greg choosing to go to her aid? I realize the question does not apply here but I do wonder what you think. I believe the choice still would have been his to make no matter what she did.

Just so you know she has mentioned her demons several times to me recently but I agree that she is making great improvements.

Quote:
I still question and blame myself, sometimes worse than others, but it doesn't seem to knock me down like it did. Right now I'm alternating between questioning Greg, God, myself, and anybody who might have had any part in me being able to go get shot that day. It seems there are days I'd go through the phone book looking for people if I had one here.

I hate that he died, I've cussed him out and screamed at him more than once over that.

I just can't figure out why people think I'm so specially, except maybe for the fact that I'm alive when I shouldn't be. I think that just means a lot of things happened just right and God needs my average self to do something that someone else can't do.
Wolfe I think that going back and forth like you talk about is quite normal and I bet your shrink agrees. You seem to be getting a lot of the crap in your head sorted out so keep working hard at it.

You may be average in many ways on the outside but what is inside of you is what makes you special. Not just anyone could have lived that day and gone on to both save a life and inspire so many others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!