SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:25   #8501
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

That plane will probably have to make a lot of stops before it leaves the US. Perhaps we should have everyone drive to Atlanta and meet there. 23skidoo do you still want to come?
Drive to Atlanta? Yeah, it's only 963 miles for me!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 17:21   #8502
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Still praying for you Wolfe...things will get better, in HIS time. Though I have to admit HIS timing isn't always as quick as we'd like it to be!

Got my test results. No signs of cancer, so the surgery will be the basic 3 small incisions. The doctor I would have preferred do it can't...my insurance won't pay him because he's not part of the network. But he's referring me to someone he likes/trusts to do it. I have an appointment with the new doc on Thursday. My CT scan of my lungs is the 31st...that's the appointment where the lung doc says if I can have the surgery or not. Depends on the condition of my lungs and the clots. Continued prayers would be appreciated that everything is good then and the surgery can be done very soon so they can get me back on thinners and get these clots broke down.
Sounds like things are looking up for you!

Prayers going up that it keeps up.

And you're sure right about God's timing being too slow for my tastes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
That is it.
I am giving up on getting shot.

Unless I can get it in my left hip to balance my gate. I walk a little funny the day before a cold rain....
I think you had it right the first time, give it up entirely!

Quote:
You may not feel like it but you do 23skidoo was right about you. Inspiring people not to get shot seems like a wise choice.: rofl:
I'll take that, at least.

Give it time. How are you doing in your therapy and counseling? Are you making any progress with getting sleep and your nightmares? Please update us on how you are doing over there.
My therapy is going OK, he's starting to push me a little under doc's orders, but he hasn't turned into a true terrorist yet. I have a feeling that's coming, though. He's satisfied with my breathing when I'm at rest and not having spasms or an attack, but he says my breathing when I'm stressed "leaves a lot to be desired". Yeah, a lot of air to be desired.

My counselor is working with me quite a bit on the PTSD and nightmares, plus she's got me going to a group therapy session for PTSD. She calls it Prolonged Exposure Therapy, and we do stuff like give detailed accounts and re-enact what happened. It's no fun, but she thinks that'll help the most right now. She says my previous shrinks laid a lot of groundwork (her words), and once I get the nightmares under control I should make a lot of progress in other ways. No recent change in the nightmares, in fact it's the middle of the night and I'm up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Drive to Atlanta? : faint: Yeah, it's only 963 miles for me!
I think she might have just been referring to the people living in GA, AL, NC, etc. I'm sure Gyfgyf'll make a stop in TX to get you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 20:01   #8503
BobInTX

Well I should hope so!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:17   #8504
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
My therapy is going OK, he's starting to push me a little under doc's orders, but he hasn't turned into a true terrorist yet. I have a feeling that's coming, though. He's satisfied with my breathing when I'm at rest and not having spasms or an attack, but he says my breathing when I'm stressed "leaves a lot to be desired". Yeah, a lot of air to be desired.

My counselor is working with me quite a bit on the PTSD and nightmares, plus she's got me going to a group therapy session for PTSD. She calls it Prolonged Exposure Therapy, and we do stuff like give detailed accounts and re-enact what happened. It's no fun, but she thinks that'll help the most right now. She says my previous shrinks laid a lot of groundwork (her words), and once I get the nightmares under control I should make a lot of progress in other ways. No recent change in the nightmares, in fact it's the middle of the night and I'm up again.
I was hoping for better news but at least things have not gotten worse again. Are your group counseling sessions similar to the group sessions you attended in Iraq? Do you think the reenacting will help you this time?

Quote:
Well I should hope so!
Yes I agree the plane should also stop in Texas to get you. We would not want to leave you behind.

Wolfe I see BobInTX answered me but ignored you again.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27   #8505
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Wolfie, just remember , you are not alone
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:55   #8506
BobInTX

Quote:
Yes I agree the plane should also stop in Texas to get you. We would not want to leave you behind.

Wolfe I see BobInTX answered me but ignored you again.
I'm not ignoring her. She's probably glad I'm not telling her what to do.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:10   #8507
gyfgyf

Hi,
It is taking shape. So, starting in Las Vegas, one stop in Texas and one stop in Atlanta. Any additional stops?
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:27   #8508
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
You'd have thought Baclofen, being an anti-spasm drug, would have done more for me but it really didn't. Too mild, I guess. Wish I could PM you some Flexeril, and I hope you get to feeling better soon. Here's today's hug back.
Well I did get some Flexeril when I had to go to the emergency room for my back. They gave me a shot of Toradol then gave me Flexeril, Ibuprofen and Dilaudid. Told me not to take it with my Percocet but I don't think it was very effective. Going back to the therapist today for my knee again today. I've missed two appointments already. Hope they take it easy on me today.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:09   #8509
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
You seem to forget that you are doing her a lot of good when you make her do things that she would not otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi,
It is taking shape. So, starting in Las Vegas, one stop in Texas and one stop in Atlanta. Any additional stops?
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
It looks like we have everyone who wants to go. So when do we fly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Well I did get some Flexeril when I had to go to the emergency room for my back. They gave me a shot of Toradol then gave me Flexeril, Ibuprofen and Dilaudid. Told me not to take it with my Percocet but I don't think it was very effective. Going back to the therapist today for my knee again today. I've missed two appointments already. Hope they take it easy on me today.
How did your knee therapy go?

Wolfe where are you now? Do we have to come over there and forcefully remove you from that country? You make us worry when we do not see you post so please talk to us. Stop clamming up!
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 01-29-2012, 13:39   #8510
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I was hoping for better news but at least things have not gotten worse again. Are your group counseling sessions similar to the group sessions you attended in Iraq? Do you think the reenacting will help you this time?
I have no idea, but it can't hurt. Right now I just want something to start helping again, I feel like I'm stalled or losing ground again and it's really getting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
Wolfie, just remember , you are not alone : wavey:
Thank you.

Quote:
Not necessarily, like was said, I know you were trying to help me and did me some good.

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Guess now, you on your way yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hope the therapy went well for you. I use Dilaudid as an extra quite a bit, it doesn't seem to disagree too much with the Flexeril like some other meds do.

Quote:
Wolfe where are you now? Do we have to come over there and forcefully remove you from that country? You make us worry when we do not see you post so please talk to us. Stop clamming up!
I'm around, the Hajjis are still missing. I've just gotten to where I really don't feel like posting much lately. I'm just down and frustrated because it seems like I'm not making any progress, maybe I'm tired and depreseed and it just seems that way. We've all pretty much stopped talking about much except updating each other on our respective problems, so I though it might be OK to just post a few times a week to let you all know I'm still this side of a tombstone. Of course that could change if we all get to talking more again.

Or maybe I'm just feeling crappy and making excuses for not wanting to talk.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-29-2012, 18:12   #8511
BobInTX

I believe that your setback is related to your move, and absence of the good care you were receiving previously. It started when you came home and when you got back your docs were gone. Add in that you are now back in the place it all started and it's no surprise you're not progressing. I know you're down about it. Shoot, I am , too. But I'm not giving up, because I know better days are ahead of you.

This question is for Lone Wolfe only: I need help. If you were going to pray for God to give you miraculous healing, what would that sound like?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:52   #8512
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

23skidoo do you still want to come?
Yes ma'am!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40   #8513
gyfgyf

Hi,

We fly when LW want us to bring her back from that hellhole.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 16:46   #8514
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I believe that your setback is related to your move, and absence of the good care you were receiving previously. It started when you came home and when you got back your docs were gone. Add in that you are now back in the place it all started and it's no surprise you're not progressing. I know you're down about it. Shoot, I am , too. But I'm not giving up, because I know better days are ahead of you.

This question is for Lone Wolfe only: I need help. If you were going to pray for God to give you miraculous healing, what would that sound like?
I sure hope they are. I'm making a little progress according to my 'doc' and therapist, even my counselor, but I just can't feel it. You're right about being back here adding to it, because I see Afghanis most every day, and I alway think they're about to unload an AK at me. Sometimes I see them when they aren't even there.

You said "Shoot"!

I'm not sure what you're asking here, can you clarify? Are you asking what I'd say, or if I'd be crying or something when I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Yes ma'am!
Oh, so now YOU'RE talking to her but ignoring me too, eh?

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Yep, you got to add a stop to pick up Skidoo since he can't drive to Atlanta, but the airport near him is nice. Now I just wish I COULD come home, since I damn sure want to.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-31-2012, 17:22   #8515
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, I would walk to Yeager Airport if I had to in order to get you home safe. Your doc, therapist, and counselor all think you're making progress?
Old 01-31-2012, 20:05   #8516
BobInTX

Sorry. I'm asking what you would say.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:18   #8517
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I'm around, the Hajjis are still missing. I've just gotten to where I really don't feel like posting much lately. I'm just down and frustrated because it seems like I'm not making any progress, maybe I'm tired and depreseed and it just seems that way. We've all pretty much stopped talking about much except updating each other on our respective problems, so I though it might be OK to just post a few times a week to let you all know I'm still this side of a tombstone. Of course that could change if we all get to talking more again.

Or maybe I'm just feeling crappy and making excuses for not wanting to talk.
I think you are making excuses Wolfe. However I do understand how depressed you have gotten recently with your seeming lack of progress and being over there with your memories. Has the weather gotten any better? I know that is not helping matters either.

Quote:
I believe that your setback is related to your move, and absence of the good care you were receiving previously. It started when you came home and when you got back your docs were gone. Add in that you are now back in the place it all started and it's no surprise you're not progressing. I know you're down about it. Shoot, I am , too. But I'm not giving up, because I know better days are ahead of you. ?
I agree with you about this. She never seemed to get back on track after she went back from her leave. I think the respiratory infection she had while home did not help matters at all.

Quote:
Yes ma'am!
I had hoped we could count on you. Will you be carrying that cane of yours?

Quote:
Hi,
It looks like we have everyone who wants to go. So when do we fly?: :

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
She said she wants to come home so what are we waiting for?

Quote:
I sure hope they are. I'm making a little progress according to my 'doc' and therapist, even my counselor, but I just can't feel it. You're right about being back here adding to it, because I see Afghanis most every day, and I alway think they're about to unload an AK at me. Sometimes I see them when they aren't even there.

You said "Shoot"! : :
It was not me who said that this time!

Oh, so now YOU'RE talking to her but ignoring me too, eh? ::
If everyone caring for you says you are making progress then you are. Try to make yourself see what progress they think you have made. Have you been visualizing different endings to the attack and fun things like you have been told to do? If not I will BobInTX to give you another writing assignment. In fact I think I will ask him to anyway.

Quote:
Sweetheart, I would walk to Yeager Airport if I had to in order to get you home safe. Your doc, therapist, and counselor all think you're making progress?::
The walk would probably good for you. You would be in good shape to haul her ass onto the airplane when we get there.
Quote:
Old 02-01-2012, 09:47   #8518
BobInTX

Quote:

She said she wants to come home so what are we waiting for?

If everyone caring for you says you are making progress then you are. Try to make yourself see what progress they think you have made. Have you been visualizing different endings to the attack and fun things like you have been told to do? If not I will BobInTX to give you another writing assignment. In fact I think I will ask him to anyway.

Hmmm...

The walk would probably good for you. You would be in good shape to haul her ass onto the airplane when we get there.
Can you imagine us all going over there like The A Team or something and spiriting her out of that place?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38   #8519
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Can you imagine us all going over there like The A Team or something and spiriting her out of that place?
She may be hiding in fear of all these guns!
Quote:
Old 02-02-2012, 16:42   #8520
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Sweetheart, I would walk to Yeager Airport if I had to in order to get you home safe. Your doc, therapist, and counselor all think you're making progress?: snoopy:

They say I am, so I'll take their word for it.

Quote:
Sorry. I'm asking what you would say.
OK. Really not sure here, maybe something along the lines of "Can you undo what that Hajji bastard did to me?"

Or maybe I'd ask if I could go back in time and have him MISS.

Quote:
I think you are making excuses Wolfe. However I do understand how depressed you have gotten recently with your seeming lack of progress and being over there with your memories. Has the weather gotten any better? I know that is not helping matters either.
Yeah, guess I am. I still haven't felt much like talking, but I will if you folks do. The weather here is nasty. The last snow never melted and we're getting still more.

I agree with you about this. She never seemed to get back on track after she went back from her leave. I think the respiratory infection she had while home did not help matters at all.
No, that didn't. I stayed hurting from the coughing I did when I was sick.

If everyone caring for you says you are making progress then you are. Try to make yourself see what progress they think you have made. Have you been visualizing different endings to the attack and fun things like you have been told to do? If not I will BobInTX to give you another writing assignment. In fact I think I will ask him to anyway.: supergrin:
I haven't had to eat as much Dilaudid on top of my Fentanyl, so that's some progress. Still hurts like hell, but it's been that way over 3 years now.

As for visualizing, I've been trying, but not having much luch staying with it as I try to go to sleep. One thing I've been visualizing during the day is something I think I'm actually going to do. My employer asked me recently when I want to take leave and I said "Summer". I want to take a few days and go down to the gulf coast, somewhere between Mobile Bay and PC, probably Pensacola. I want to find a resort right on the water where they have nice lounge chairs outside, but with shade over them, and waiters that bring drinks. Yes, I mean ADULT drinks. Food too. Cabana boys would be a nice touch. Anyone here know of a place that fits that bill?

Oh, and I'll take Cabana Boy volunteers, too.

Quote:
Can you imagine us all going over there like The A Team or something and spiriting her out of that place? : cool:: duel:: 50cal:: 2gun:: psycho:
HEY!!! Watch where you point those things!!!!

But something tells me if you guys show up here even my employer won't try to stop you from taking me back with you.

Quote:
She may be hiding in fear of all these guns!: rofl:
You're right about that!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-02-2012, 17:46   #8521
Dinky
Stalker of tous

<---------Cabana Geezer
Old 02-02-2012, 21:24   #8522
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, If I could, I would in a heartbeat.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47   #8523
BobInTX

Quote:

They say I am, so I'll take their word for it.

OK. Really not sure here, maybe something along the lines of "Can you undo what that Hajji bastard did to me?"

Or maybe I'd ask if I could go back in time and have him MISS.

I haven't had to eat as much Dilaudid on top of my Fentanyl, so that's some progress. Still hurts like hell, but it's been that way over 3 years now.

As for visualizing, I've been trying, but not having much luch staying with it as I try to go to sleep. One thing I've been visualizing during the day is something I think I'm actually going to do. My employer asked me recently when I want to take leave and I said "Summer". I want to take a few days and go down to the gulf coast, somewhere between Mobile Bay and PC, probably Pensacola. I want to find a resort right on the water where they have nice lounge chairs outside, but with shade over them, and waiters that bring drinks. Yes, I mean ADULT drinks. Food too. Cabana boys would be a nice touch. Anyone here know of a place that fits that bill?

Oh, and I'll take Cabana Boy volunteers, too.

HEY!!! Watch where you point those things!!!!

But something tells me if you guys show up here even my employer won't try to stop you from taking me back with you.

You're right about that!
You need to take a vacation like that. I hear the Destin, FL area is nice. You keep visualizing a place like that. And Go!

They didn't tell you Afghanistan was cold before you went?

Old 02-03-2012, 16:38   #8524
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I got this from Lady Glock yesterday, some good news here!

Quote:
I went in for my CT scan and breathing test yesterday...the blood test was the day before. Everything is looking good enough the lung doc has no problem releasing me for surgery. He wants it done now so he can get me on thinners soon...I may be on those for years.

The clots have gotten smaller even without thinners...that sounds like a miracle to me!!! Hang in there my friend...God is going to see you through to your miracle too!
Plus she said her doc is going to go in and fix the problem in her back hopfully 6 months from now. Let's keep on praying the news stays good here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
: fred:<---------Cabana Geezer
Youth isn't a requirement to be a Cabana Boy, but I do prefer you men be single. Although I could waive even that requirement if you have previous Cabana experience.

Quote:
Sweetheart, If I could, I would in a heartbeat.: hugs:

Okie Memorial Area
OMG, what a cute little tabby calico, she'll do just fine!

So when should I expect her to arrive?

Quote:
You need to take a vacation like that. I hear the Destin, FL area is nice. You keep visualizing a place like that. And Go!
Destin is nice. And definitely on my short list. So are Fort Walton Beach, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Pensacola Beach. The main thing I'm concerned about is finding a resort that has what I want. If anyone passing through here has suggestions I'm all ears.

They didn't tell you Afghanistan was cold before you went?: tongueout:

The A-Team Full Theme Tune - YouTube
Of course I knew it'd be cold here, but I didn't think we'd get this much snow. But you also know cold makes my chest hurt worse, whch you already told me to go ahead and b**** about, so I'm b****ing!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 02-03-2012 at 16:49..
Old 02-03-2012, 17:50   #8525
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Single Cabana Geezer

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!