Old 02-15-2011, 18:10   #6781
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
MeOWWWW!!

Your reputation precedes you.
Not exactly the kind or reputation I want, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Here's what I told you about. You will not catch me on a RIVER like this.
I CANNOT believe how close to the open water they are! The second pic is
kinda neat...can you see him?
Maybe they don't like the cars they have now. I can see Bambi, it helps that I knew to look. Where was the flower pic taken? Those look like Orchids. Very pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post

Quote:
I thought you might want to read this again now. You and Greg are still my heroes. Not because y'all got shot, but because you were there in the first place.

Don't cry, Wolfe. Smile. Greg wanted you to live.
Damn, it's just as hard to read that now as it was when you first wrote it. Something in my eye.

Screw that, it brings tears to my eyes that I feel even more now that before. I'm trying to smile, it's damn hard right now. I know Greg wanted me to live, he died so I could. He's my hero too. I wish I knew why he did what he did, I especially wish I could go back in time and tell him not to. Yeah, I know, I wouldn't be here but damn what a choice.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 21:33   #6782
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Damn, it's just as hard to read that now as it was when you first wrote it. Something in my eye.

Screw that, it brings tears to my eyes that I feel even more now that before. I'm trying to smile, it's damn hard right now. I know Greg wanted me to live, he died so I could. He's my hero too. I wish I knew why he did what he did, I especially wish I could go back in time and tell him not to. Yeah, I know, I wouldn't be here but damn what a choice.
What good would it do to know WHY he did what he did? He did it, it's over...you're alive, skiddoo is alive now because of it. You have a purpose. Greg has accomplished his purpose and God called him home. It's not our to question God's will, but to accept it and live according to it.

Quit questioning God...he knows what he's doing. Find happiness in your being, realize that because you lived...skiddoo gets to live too!
Luv ya my friend. I want nothing more than for you to be happy (and have sweet dreams when you sleep.)

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:16   #6783
23skidoo
Deceased

I hope you slept well last night and that you have a great day!

Last edited by 23skidoo; 02-16-2011 at 05:16..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 18:04   #6784
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I hope you slept well last night and that you have a great day! : smootchie:: iloveyou:
Maybe tonight, or tomorrow, not last night. My temp doc isn't real thrilled about being stuck with 'Cat', but I'm not surprised. I had to see him today because I was having a breathing attack and he muttered something about wanting an excuse to yank my medical clearance to be here. I asked him what the VA would do for me and he didn't answer. Guess I better hope I don't have any bad attacks or other problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
What good would it do to know WHY he did what he did? He did it, it's over...you're alive, skiddoo is alive now because of it. You have a purpose. Greg has accomplished his purpose and God called him home. It's not our to question God's will, but to accept it and live according to it.

Quit questioning God...he knows what he's doing. Find happiness in your being, realize that because you lived...skiddoo gets to live too!
Luv ya my friend. I want nothing more than for you to be happy (and have sweet dreams when you sleep.)
Getting me to quit questioning God is like getting me to quit breathing. Oh wait, that happened too. It's just how I am and have always been. I think things through like that and wonder why, what if, why not, etc. Yes, I want to know why God did this and other things he's done, although I know that probably will never happen. I do know that part of the reason I'm still here is because of Skidoo, but am convinced that I'm not finished yet. So I want to know what else I have to do here. Like I said, doesn't mean I ever will.

As for questioning Greg, if I could I'd probably grab him by the collar and ask him “What the hell were you thinking? Did you want to die like that? I was already shot, you were fine, have you lost your mind?!?!?”. I can just imagine what his answer might be, but he might agree that he had. But he's actually responsible for 2 of us being alive, so I'd have to say thank you also. I just got to work on the being happy part. That's what I'm doing here.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-16-2011, 21:48   #6785
BobInTX

What made you happy before the shooting happened?

And don't say it Depends.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22   #6786
engineer151515

Quote:
Maybe tonight, or tomorrow, not last night. My temp doc isn't real thrilled about being stuck with 'Cat', but I'm not surprised. I had to see him today because I was having a breathing attack and he muttered something about wanting an excuse to yank my medical clearance to be here. I asked him what the VA would do for me and he didn't answer. Guess I better hope I don't have any bad attacks or other problems......

What a jerk doctor.

<<< ready for first LW defense nose punch.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:12   #6787
sawgrass

Quote:

You clever devil.

That Doc is an arse. I hope he's a competent arse.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:47   #6788
Tenngunner

Quote:

The arse Doc. I too hope he is competent.
LW at least he's a temp and then you get the old one back.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 15:11   #6789
sawgrass

LW as you know I love to cook, but I'm not much of a baker.
I did however make a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting today
as a surprise for S. As I was making a mess with the frosting I thought
to myself "I sure hope I can make LW a chocolate cake someday."

That would mean so many things...

1 you're home
2 you're able to travel
3 it's likely Summer
4 you still like chocolate...
5 ....what else?

Then I was thinking about all of the people who care about you.
LW you are blessed,and it's because of who you are.
Old 02-17-2011, 16:41   #6790
BobInTX

Lone_Wolfe said I needed to post this pic of my new granddaughter.
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  
Old 02-17-2011, 16:45   #6791
Tenngunner

Very beautiful Bob, you and your family are blessed.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 18:05   #6792
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Trust me, I'm not going to say D______. You might shoot me again!
A few things I enjoyed before getting shot were shooting (ironic, eh?), riding my motorcycle, my kitties, and I don't really remember what else. Oh, and good beer.

Quote:

LW as you know I love to cook, but I'm not much of a baker.
I did however make a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting today
as a surprise for S. As I was making a mess with the frosting I thought
to myself "I sure hope I can make LW a chocolate cake someday."

That would mean so many things...

1 you're home
2 you're able to travel
3 it's likely Summer
4 you still like chocolate...
5 ....what else?

Then I was thinking about all of the people who care about you.
LW you are blessed,and it's because of who you are.
I just wish I could get Arse Doc to hate having Cat for a patient. He doesn't seem like he'd be that bad of a guy if not for that.

Yummmmm, chocolate cake!

Let's see, #'s 1 and 2 are dependent on a lot of things. Me getting out of this place in one piece, me healing enough to travel, you still wanting me to visit, etc....

#3 happens every year and will most likely continue unless Al Gore has something more to say.

#4 is contingent on only one thing, me still being alive.

#5, me worrying about messy frosting, not gonna happen!

Yes, I'm blessed, but it's because of who you folks are, not who I am.

Quote:
What good would it do to know WHY he did what he did? He did it, it's over......
I quoted this again because of something I meant to add last night. It's ironic that you say this and that I always want to know the how and the why, because I'm the worst person sometimes to not want to answer that myself. If it's someone I don't care for or just don't want to talk to and they start asking irrelevant questions I might tell them "The reason won't change the fact". I don't do it very often, but I have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
What a jerk doctor.
<<< ready for first LW defense nose punch.
You don't have to worry, you won't be the one punched.
But I'm sure having thoughts of taking your suggestion and punching my doctor. I had a bad day and he contributed to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
The arse Doc. : rofl: I too hope he is competent.
LW at least he's a temp and then you get the old one back. : wavey:
I'll be sooo glad to have the other doc back. I'm sure this guy is competent, he's been a doc for years, but damn he doesn't like having me for a patient and doesn't hide that fact. Today I was walking across some rocks and turned my ankle so hard it hurt my knee. I wasn't going to go in for just that, especially with him there, so I just kept walking around. Or should I say limping around on it. It's OK, but I was walking funny for a few hours and I wonder if that aggravated my chest, which was already flaring up for some reason. It just got worse and I was having another damn breathing attack, and finally gave in and went in when it got bad enough. Temp doc seemed surprised to see me and while I was laying there doped up he wanted to look through my medical records. He asked if I really needed all the care I'd gotten and I said I thought I did. He said if that was the case I belonged in a military hospital Stateside. I told him I got shot over 2 years ago and they wouldn't stick me in a hospital now. He asked if I wanted to make a bet and he was tempted to make it happen. I'm not sure if I want that or not. I'll have a chance to heal faster, but at least I'm working here.

ETA; Would you folks please toss a few prayers up on Silent_Runner's behalf? She'd rather I not go into details, at least not yet, and hasn't been able to get online for a few days, but will appreciate your prayers on her behalf.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 02-17-2011 at 18:19..
Old 02-17-2011, 19:42   #6793
BobInTX

Silent Runner? Well, of course we will.

If you get stuck in a hospital it better have internet access for patients.
Old 02-17-2011, 19:46   #6794
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:59   #6795
23skidoo
Deceased

I hope you're feeling better today, I'm sorry your temporary doc is being a butt wipe. I had my own difficulties with internet access recently so of course Miss S_R has my prayers.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:42   #6796
sawgrass

Thnking of you and SR too.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:10   #6797
BobInTX

Quote:
Trust me, I'm not going to say D______. You might shoot me again!
A few things I enjoyed before getting shot were shooting (ironic, eh?), riding my motorcycle, my kitties, and I don't really remember what else. Oh, and good beer.

I quoted this again because of something I meant to add last night. It's ironic that you say this and that I always want to know the how and the why, because I'm the worst person sometimes to not want to answer that myself. If it's someone I don't care for or just don't want to talk to and they start asking irrelevant questions I might tell them "The reason won't change the fact". I don't do it very often, but I have done it.
"The reason won't change the fact." Oh, am I ever going to remember that one.

So, did you have any interesting dreams last night?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13   #6798
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:

I'm not sure if I want that or not. I'll have a chance to heal faster, but at least I'm working here.

ETA; Would you folks please toss a few prayers up on Silent_Runner's behalf? She'd rather I not go into details, at least not yet, and hasn't been able to get online for a few days, but will appreciate your prayers on her behalf.
Regardless what was found out (if it were possible to find out, which it's not) about why he did what he did...it won't change the way things have happened since. Do yourself a favor (and the rest of us who care about you) and thank God for Greg's sacrifice and live up to it by enjoying the second chance you were given. You are right...the reason won't change the fact...realize that applies here and try to let it go.

It would be great to have you stateside, properly cared for in a military hospital...please consider it. I would be willing to bet you wouldn't WANT for much in the way of creature comforts or companionship. The hospital would probably have to build a special visiting area for you

God knows S_R's needs...I don't need to know specifics to pray for her, which I will do immediately! Could I beg for a few prayers too? A very special friend of mine has been told he has a high chance he will have to have surgery to replace his heart valve. He's high risk as he had an aortic dissection 11 years ago when the survival rate was only 5%, so risk of infection is high.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 18:13   #6799
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Silent Runner? Well, of course we will.

If you get stuck in a hospital it better have internet access for patients.
Thanks Bob, I know she appreciates it.

So what would you folks do if the hospital doesn't let me get online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: smootchie:: hearts:: hugs:
Gimme a : hugs: okie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I hope you're feeling better today, I'm sorry your temporary doc is being a butt wipe. I had my own difficulties with internet access recently so of course Miss S_R has my prayers.: grouphug:
Internet access isn't the problem, it's other things, but thank you for praying for her. I've started thinking of him as Dr. Arse, thanks to you guys. I hurt my wrist today and sure hope it's just bruised or something, I don't want to go to him withat, too.

Quote:
Thnking of you and SR too.: hugs:: hugs:: hugs:
Thank you, my friend.

Quote:
"The reason won't change the fact." Oh, am I ever going to remember that one. : supergrin:

So, did you have any interesting dreams last night? : whistling:
I only use it very rarely, and when I don't really care to continue communicating with the person, but it's effective. I know that knowing Greg's reason won't undo what he did, but I think it would help me work through it.

No dreams like you're referring to. I had one of my usual nightmares, but it was more like watching myself getting shot than feeling it, plus a monumentally bad dream that I don't understand.

I've had problems getting any pics uploaded lately, but was able to tonight, so here's Mrs. Bob's treat. I'm a few days behind, but I'll post the pics I took for a few nights.

Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Regardless what was found out (if it were possible to find out, which it's not) about why he did what he did...it won't change the way things have happened since. Do yourself a favor (and the rest of us who care about you) and thank God for Greg's sacrifice and live up to it by enjoying the second chance you were given. You are right...the reason won't change the fact...realize that applies here and try to let it go.

It would be great to have you stateside, properly cared for in a military hospital...please consider it. I would be willing to bet you wouldn't WANT for much in the way of creature comforts or companionship. The hospital would probably have to build a special visiting area for you

God knows S_R's needs...I don't need to know specifics to pray for her, which I will do immediately! Could I beg for a few prayers too? A very special friend of mine has been told he has a high chance he will have to have surgery to replace his heart valve. He's high risk as he had an aortic dissection 11 years ago when the survival rate was only 5%, so risk of infection is high.
Beg a few prayers? No, you don't have to beg here. Of course we'll pray for your friend! For his friends anf family too, that they can stay strong now when he needs them the most.

True, knowing why won't change what Greg did, no matter how much I wish it did at times. My shrink was just asking me today why I thought Greg did what he did. Or course I came out with all the textbook answers, plus a few that he said most people might not have thought of, then he came out with a few of his own. He wasn't trying to get me to settle on what the real reason might have been, but trying to help me come to terms with it. He asked me what I would do if I was able to find out the reason and it was what I considered to be a stupid reason. I thought about it some and said that I might have to headslap him, then thank him for saving me. Then I'd still ask him what the hell he was thinking. I think that thinking it out like I am now is just part of how I come to terms with something. My shrink asked me something else that stuck with me, he asked if I'd have done the same thing for any of the same reasons I gave. I think I would have.

Dr. Arse does have a point about me being in a stateside hospital, but I really doubt he can make it happen. But being where a bunch of you could come visit me would lift my spirits more than I can tell you. So do you folks vote for Walter Reed (DC area) or Trippler (Honolulu)? Not that I would actually have a choice in the matter.....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-18-2011, 18:23   #6800
Jay9928
BUBBA ARMY

Just posted a reply to you on GTDS.

Quote:
It will be weeks before the general population discovers that you can't wipe your ass with a laptop.
Jay9928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!