SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:32   #8476
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I don't doubt she would understand full well, even more so. Though mine is dangerous, it's nowhere near as dangerous as hers was and still is. I pray for her comfort every day. I wish God would relieve her pain and give her back her mind and body. As she was before the damage was done...whole, painfree, able to have a restful sleep.
That is my hope, as well.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:11   #8477
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

I hope so too, all of us. How's your back? My chest is about the same, settling down some but then having spasms that knock me back. My PA and counselor are getting frustrated with my lack of progress with the sleep and nightmare issues. They know the current approach isn't doing much, but don't have better ideas yet. I'm frustrated too, but have been for longer than them. But, hey, at least I'm not getting worse like I did for a while.
With everything You've got going on I'm humbled that you have room in those messed up emotions to think about everyone here. I thank you for that. My back has been a mess trying to get through this rehab, especially the area I hurt above my last surgery area. I injured that while pulling on one of those rubber things they wrap around your ankle and have you pull during my first replacement. That cut my sitting time in half. They have so far refused to do anything about it as far as surgery goes. I'm going to try and beg them again to do something when I go back to the doctor on the 1st. What are they giving you for your spasms? I take balofen for my back spasms. They hit me so sharp and hard, I yelp when I have them and scare the crap out of people that are not ready for it. I can't imagine having those in my chest. I do get esophagus spasms that mimic a heart attack. I have to keep reminding myself that's all it is because I've showed up at the emergency room several times already for them. Have to get ready soon to go to rehab today. I want to cancel so bad but don't want them using the excuse that I did not do what I needed to. I do know why you call them physical Terrorists.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520

Last edited by Magnus2131; 01-20-2012 at 11:15.. Reason: spelling
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20   #8478
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
y PA and counselor are getting frustrated with my lack of progress with the sleep and nightmare issues.
How much do they think pain is responsible for some of these nightmares? I know the major factor is due to the mental trauma but I know for a fact they you have more nightmares when you're trying to sleep with pain.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2012, 16:30   #8479
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Wow...where is everyone?
Wolfe? You ok?

I had a biopsy to test for ovarian cancer. I find out the results on Tuesday. Prayers would be appreciated! The results of this tell the doctor what type of surgery he will do for the hysterectomy.

I have a CT scan on my lungs on the 31st to see if things are going good enough to have surgery...and an MRI on the 2nd of February to see if my bulging disc is getting any bigger. My prayer is that they will do something to stop the pain instead of just suggesting more pain meds. I hate taking pain meds...

My breathing is still not good. Had to go to the store yesterday and they didn't have a rider cart. By the time I was done getting 3 things, I was about to fall over. Got to the car and sat there waiting to get my breath back.
I'm OK, but it's been a tough few days.

I'm sending up extra prayers about your biopsy, and about your lungs too. I know not being able to breathe can be scary as hell, which just makes it worse. I really hope that gets better quickly, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Are you still trying to visualize alternate endings? I really like the way the one you came up with in here ended. You could keep your language a bit cleaner however.: whistling:: tongueout:
Shut your *&^%$#@! trap!

Quote:
I don't doubt she would understand full well, even more so. Though mine is dangerous, it's nowhere near as dangerous as hers was and still is. I pray for her comfort every day. I wish God would relieve her pain and give her back her mind and body. As she was before the damage was done...whole, painfree, able to have a restful sleep.
Thank you for that nice thought, it'd be nice if you get your wish. I agree that my breathing problems were really dangerous at first I don't think they're quite as bad as your seem at the moment. I don't have to worry about blood clots breaking loose and killing me at any time. Sure, I have a bunch of problems, but if they haven't killed me by now I kinda doubt they will. I want you to hang tough and be as OK as you'd like me to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Wolfe, I would like for you to try something different. As well as alternate endings, I would like for you to visualize something totally unrelated to the wars, like riding your motorcycle in the mountains, or going on a trip somewhere with friends. You don't hurt and have full range of motion, and you don't have PTSD in this visualization. Do this especially while you're trying to go to sleep. We've got to get some happy thoughts in there to push out the bad.
Just envisioning having full motion and not hurting is always nice! I'll take that with or without my bikes! But the bikes make a nice bonus. I've been trying this some, with no real success, but I'll keep trying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
How much do they think pain is responsible for some of these nightmares? I know the major factor is due to the mental trauma but I know for a fact they you have more nightmares when you're trying to sleep with pain.
It's definitely responsible for at least making them worse, if not actually causing some of them. Unfortunately they can't give me enough meds to get rid of the pain. They can only get it to where I can tolerate it.

Quote:
With everything You've got going on I'm humbled that you have room in those messed up emotions to think about everyone here. I thank you for that. My back has been a mess trying to get through this rehab, especially the area I hurt above my last surgery area. I injured that while pulling on one of those rubber things they wrap around your ankle and have you pull during my first replacement. That cut my sitting time in half. They have so far refused to do anything about it as far as surgery goes. I'm going to try and beg them again to do something when I go back to the doctor on the 1st. What are they giving you for your spasms? I take balofen for my back spasms. They hit me so sharp and hard, I yelp when I have them and scare the crap out of people that are not ready for it. I can't imagine having those in my chest. I do get esophagus spasms that mimic a heart attack. I have to keep reminding myself that's all it is because I've showed up at the emergency room several times already for them. Have to get ready soon to go to rehab today. I want to cancel so bad but don't want them using the excuse that I did not do what I needed to. I do know why you call them physical Terrorists.: wow: : hugs:: hugs:
I thank you and the others in here for caring about me when you all have your own lives and worries. You're doing more for me than I am for any of you.

Damn, I hate to hear your back is giving you such fits. I've startled a few folks with my yelps too, but I've learned to yelp silently so I don't bother the other people in this office. Some of them don't know about my injuries and I want it to stay that way. I've used Baclofen before, but it doesn't do much for me. I've also used Flexeril, Soma, a few others, and even been given Nitrous Oxide in Iraq several times to stop a bad breathing attack.

Quote:
Lady Glock, you are still in my prayers.

I just found out that a marine that went to the same high school as my kids was one of those killed yesterday in Helmand province, Afghanistan. Evidently, his family has moved to Glendale, AZ.

"The Department of Defense announced yesterday that 25-year-old Cpl. Phillip D. McGeath died on Wednesday while conducting combat operations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom."

May he and his brothers rest in peace.

I know this hasn't gotten as much attention here, but there were also 4 French soldiers killed Friday and 15 wounded in an attack while they were doing PT. I know I've mentioned being on a base with soldiers from other countries, well one of those countries is France. In fact, I work with them more than even Americans here. The last couple days have been very hard to be here, you can see and feel the pain the French feel at the loss of their brethren, even from a different base. Their country wasn't attacked like we were, they don't have to be here. They came believing the Afghanis wanted to be allies and to learn from them. Please include them in your prayers and respects. I know this smiley has our flag, but this time try to see a French flag.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 16:50   #8480
BobInTX

I heard about the French killed. Not a good week for the good guys.

You keep your head down. I've still got people asking about you and praying. You should be feeling a lot of love along with your pain. I'm sorry you're so far away it can't be delivered in person.
Old 01-21-2012, 17:23   #8481
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
I'm OK, but it's been a tough few days.

I'm sending up extra prayers about your biopsy, and about your lungs too. I know not being able to breathe can be scary as hell, which just makes it worse. I really hope that gets better quickly, my friend.

Shut your *&^%$#@! trap!

Thank you for that nice thought, it'd be nice if you get your wish. I agree that my breathing problems were really dangerous at first I don't think they're quite as bad as your seem at the moment. I don't have to worry about blood clots breaking loose and killing me at any time. Sure, I have a bunch of problems, but if they haven't killed me by now I kinda doubt they will. I want you to hang tough and be as OK as you'd like me to be.

Just envisioning having full motion and not hurting is always nice! I'll take that with or without my bikes! But the bikes make a nice bonus. I've been trying this some, with no real success, but I'll keep trying it.

It's definitely responsible for at least making them worse, if not actually causing some of them. Unfortunately they can't give me enough meds to get rid of the pain. They can only get it to where I can tolerate it.

I thank you and the others in here for caring about me when you all have your own lives and worries. You're doing more for me than I am for any of you.

Damn, I hate to hear your back is giving you such fits. I've startled a few folks with my yelps too, but I've learned to yelp silently so I don't bother the other people in this office. Some of them don't know about my injuries and I want it to stay that way. I've used Baclofen before, but it doesn't do much for me. I've also used Flexeril, Soma, a few others, and even been given Nitrous Oxide in Iraq several times to stop a bad breathing attack.

May he and his brothers rest in peace.

I know this hasn't gotten as much attention here, but there were also 4 French soldiers killed Friday and 15 wounded in an attack while they were doing PT. I know I've mentioned being on a base with soldiers from other countries, well one of those countries is France. In fact, I work with them more than even Americans here. The last couple days have been very hard to be here, you can see and feel the pain the French feel at the loss of their brethren, even from a different base. Their country wasn't attacked like we were, they don't have to be here. They came believing the Afghanis wanted to be allies and to learn from them. Please include them in your prayers and respects. I know this smiley has our flag, but this time try to see a French flag.
From this side of the pond, it seems like it's getting worse and worse over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03   #8482
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Lady Glock, you are still in my prayers.

I just found out that a marine that went to the same high school as my kids was one of those killed yesterday in Helmand province, Afghanistan. Evidently, his family has moved to Glendale, AZ.

"The Department of Defense announced yesterday that 25-year-old Cpl. Phillip D. McGeath died on Wednesday while conducting combat operations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom."

Prayers sent for all killed and their families.

Quote:
I wish God would do that for her and for you.

Quote:
Wolfe, I would like for you to try something different. As well as alternate endings, I would like for you to visualize something totally unrelated to the wars, like riding your motorcycle in the mountains, or going on a trip somewhere with friends. You don't hurt and have full range of motion, and you don't have PTSD in this visualization. Do this especially while you're trying to go to sleep. We've got to get some happy thoughts in there to push out the bad.
Wolfe are your motorcycle pegs scraping the ground on curves yet?

Quote:
With everything You've got going on I'm humbled that you have room in those messed up emotions to think about everyone here. I thank you for that. My back has been a mess trying to get through this rehab, especially the area I hurt above my last surgery area. I injured that while pulling on one of those rubber things they wrap around your ankle and have you pull during my first replacement. That cut my sitting time in half. They have so far refused to do anything about it as far as surgery goes. I'm going to try and beg them again to do something when I go back to the doctor on the 1st. What are they giving you for your spasms? I take balofen for my back spasms. They hit me so sharp and hard, I yelp when I have them and scare the crap out of people that are not ready for it. I can't imagine having those in my chest. I do get esophagus spasms that mimic a heart attack. I have to keep reminding myself that's all it is because I've showed up at the emergency room several times already for them. Have to get ready soon to go to rehab today. I want to cancel so bad but don't want them using the excuse that I did not do what I needed to. I do know why you call them physical Terrorists.::
I will send extra prayers for you too.

Quote:
Did you know any of them? This was so sad. Prayers sent for them and may they all rest in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
From this side of the pond, it seems like it's getting worse and worse over there.

::
I think you are right. I wish Wolfe would come home.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:31   #8483
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Sweetheart, you inspire us. Despite the physical pain and mental anguish that would lay most of us in a ditch; you live and work in a war zone. You do more for us than you think. May the French soldiers Rest In Peace. Take care Sweetheart.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08   #8484
BobInTX

1 [S]he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Psalm 91
Old 01-23-2012, 11:21   #8485
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
I've used Baclofen before, but it doesn't do much for me. I've also used Flexeril, Soma, a few others, and even been given Nitrous Oxide in Iraq several times to stop a bad breathing attack.
Baclofen is an anti-spasm drug, where Flexeril is a muscle relaxer. Not familiar with Soma. I'd like to get a prescription for flexeril as I've borrowed some from my mom and it helps a little. Looks like I'm going to miss my therapy today, it's hard enough to get around my apartment. I'm hoping I can talk the doctor into looking at that place in my back because it's not part of my previous back surgeries. I hurt it pulling on a rubber strip while rehabbing my first knee replacement. Here is today's
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23   #8486
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
1 [S]he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Psalm 91
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25   #8487
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sweetheart, you inspire us. Despite the physical pain and mental anguish that would lay most of us in a ditch; you live and work in a war zone. You do more for us than you think.
No doubt! +1000
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:27   #8488
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

I will send extra prayers for you too.
Thank you and same goes to you.
Quote:
Old 01-23-2012, 15:20   #8489
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I heard about the French killed. Not a good week for the good guys.

You keep your head down. I've still got people asking about you and praying. You should be feeling a lot of love along with your pain. I'm sorry you're so far away it can't be delivered in person.
No it hasn't been. It's been a bad one for me too, and not just because of my chest hurting. Today's been painful for me, and I really don't want to talk much. I figured I'd better at least check in before a couple of you folks chartered a plane over here.

Right now I really wish the love and hugs could be delivered in person. Please tell those people I said thank you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-23-2012, 15:45   #8490
BobInTX

I'm sorry.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:19   #8491
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
No it hasn't been. It's been a bad one for me too, and not just because of my chest hurting. Today's been painful for me, and I really don't want to talk much. I figured I'd better at least check in before a couple of you folks chartered a plane over here.

Right now I really wish the love and hugs could be delivered in person. Please tell those people I said thank you.
Wolfe I do not know your reasons but I know that you made the only choice you felt you had although it was very hard for you. I hope all your pain eases soon.
Quote:
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:54   #8492
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
Thank you for checking in.

I was just talking to an agent to rent a plane going to...I also was trying to figure out the logistics. Where and how many times we have to stop here in the US, before heading over there. I know, that I have one volunteer. Any others?

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:59   #8493
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

I was just talking to an agent to rent a plane going to...I also was trying to figure out the logistics. Where and how many times we have to stop here in the US, before heading over there. I know, that I have one volunteer. Any others?

Thanks,
Gyfgyf

Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01   #8494
BobInTX

Quote:
Hi LW,

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
I'm in.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44   #8495
gyfgyf

OK.
Two stops so far, North Carolina and Texas.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49   #8496
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
OK.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Georgia!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 16:37   #8497
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Baclofen is an anti-spasm drug, where Flexeril is a muscle relaxer. Not familiar with Soma. I'd like to get a prescription for flexeril as I've borrowed some from my mom and it helps a little. Looks like I'm going to miss my therapy today, it's hard enough to get around my apartment. I'm hoping I can talk the doctor into looking at that place in my back because it's not part of my previous back surgeries. I hurt it pulling on a rubber strip while rehabbing my first knee replacement. Here is today's : hugs:
You'd have thought Baclofen, being an anti-spasm drug, would have done more for me but it really didn't. Too mild, I guess. Wish I could PM you some Flexeril, and I hope you get to feeling better soon. Here's today's hug back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post

: patriot:
Yeah, it's getting pretty hot over here, and I'm not talking about the temperature. We're buried in snow over here.

Quote:
Sweetheart, you inspire us. Despite the physical pain and mental anguish that would lay most of us in a ditch; you live and work in a war zone. You do more for us than you think. May the French soldiers Rest In Peace. Take care Sweetheart.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I'm not even sure what I should say to this, but I don't feel very inspiring. Thank you though, I like the thought that I might be doing some good for somebody.

Unless I'm inspiring you folks not to get shot yourselves, that is.

Quote:
I'm sorry. : hugs:
Thanks, I am too.

Quote:
Wolfe I do not know your reasons but I know that you made the only choice you felt you had although it was very hard for you. I hope all your pain eases soon.: hugs:
Thanks, I hope it does too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-24-2012, 18:22   #8498
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Still praying for you Wolfe...things will get better, in HIS time. Though I have to admit HIS timing isn't always as quick as we'd like it to be!

Got my test results. No signs of cancer, so the surgery will be the basic 3 small incisions. The doctor I would have preferred do it can't...my insurance won't pay him because he's not part of the network. But he's referring me to someone he likes/trusts to do it. I have an appointment with the new doc on Thursday. My CT scan of my lungs is the 31st...that's the appointment where the lung doc says if I can have the surgery or not. Depends on the condition of my lungs and the clots. Continued prayers would be appreciated that everything is good then and the surgery can be done very soon so they can get me back on thinners and get these clots broke down.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 20:45   #8499
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
That is it.
I am giving up on getting shot.

Unless I can get it in my left hip to balance my gate. I walk a little funny the day before a cold rain....
Old 01-26-2012, 11:22   #8500
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Thank you and same goes to you.::
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Sweetheart, you inspire us. Despite the physical pain and mental anguish that would lay most of us in a ditch; you live and work in a war zone. You do more for us than you think. May the French soldiers Rest In Peace. Take care Sweetheart.::
I agree with you on this. Wolfe has inspired me many times since I met her.

Quote:
Hi LW,

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
I want on that plane. We will just need one empty seat for Wolfe in the return trip.

Quote:
OK.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
That plane will probably have to make a lot of stops before it leaves the US. Perhaps we should have everyone drive to Atlanta and meet there. 23skidoo do you still want to come?

Quote:
Yeah, it's getting pretty hot over here, and I'm not talking about the temperature. We're buried in snow over here. ::
The temperature has been very moderate and there are no rockets or AK-47s here.

I'm not even sure what I should say to this, but I don't feel very inspiring. Thank you though, I like the thought that I might be doing some good for somebody. ::

Thanks, I hope it does too.
You may not feel like it but you do 23skidoo was right about you. Inspiring people not to get shot seems like a wise choice.

Give it time. How are you doing in your therapy and counseling? Are you making any progress with getting sleep and your nightmares? Please update us on how you are doing over there.

Quote:
Still praying for you Wolfe...things will get better, in HIS time. Though I have to admit HIS timing isn't always as quick as we'd like it to be!

Got my test results. No signs of cancer, so the surgery will be the basic 3 small incisions. The doctor I would have preferred do it can't...my insurance won't pay him because he's not part of the network. But he's referring me to someone he likes/trusts to do it. I have an appointment with the new doc on Thursday. My CT scan of my lungs is the 31st...that's the appointment where the lung doc says if I can have the surgery or not. Depends on the condition of my lungs and the clots. Continued prayers would be appreciated that everything is good then and the surgery can be done very soon so they can get me back on thinners and get these clots broke down.
That is excellent news. Now we will pray that your lung scan goes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
That is it.
I am giving up on getting shot.

Unless I can get it in my left hip to balance my gate. I walk a little funny the day before a cold rain....
I know getting shot is not funny so please forgive me.
Quote:

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!