Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:26   #6761
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
.....he thinks the pyschosis is almost gone now.
Bacon. The cure all (except for the clogged arteries part)

Bacon sandwiches. BLT. Bacon and Peanut butter.

try one.........

Glad to hear that you are making progress.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:52   #6762
okie
GT Mayor

Love you LW sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 13:11   #6763
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post

try one.........

Glad to hear that you are making progress.
What are hoping for? Should the rest of her chest heal and then she die of a heart attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The psyshosis is almost gone?! It was a bad filter, the tech replaced it and I'm back online. Cane hell! I was ready to get The Angry Fist of God out of the safe! ::
23skidoo what is that angry fist of God? Is that what happens when Wolfe calls the police out to your house again? Never doubt that she would do that either. I know this from experience myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments. I've been blessed here, also.
BobInTX we have all been blessed by your presence here.

Quote:
My shrink pushed at me a little today, but when he realized that I'm still numb, plus I got less than 2 hours sleep last night and am feeling it he went pretty easy and went back to his usual tactic of asking what I want to talk about. I started asking him stuff about what he thought might happen from here and he threw out a few possibilities, most of which are improvements from where I am now. Of course he was really vague because he didn't want to plant specifics in my head. He doesn't think the nightmares will just disappear, but he does think it'll be possible for me to sleep without being so heavily medicated because he thinks the pyschosis is almost gone now. Once that's gone he thinks me sleep will be closer to normal. Or at least normal for a person with PTSD.

My physical terrorist tortured me again today, damn, that freakin' hurt. He wasn't happy, he says I've hit a bit of a wall lately and he might have to try something different. Hey, think you could try taking it easy on me for a few days?
Do you know if your shrink has a plan yet for what to do now? You will not stay numb forever and right now he needs to take advantage of your recent progress. I'm very glad to hear he thinks you are almost recovered from the psychosis but how does he quantify it? Is he basing his observations purely on observable symptoms. I hope he is right but am concerned he may dismiss it too soon just because your symptoms are latent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 14:33   #6764
23skidoo
Deceased

S_R, The Angry Fist of God is my 10mm. Miss Lone doesn't understand the allure either.
Old 02-13-2011, 15:58   #6765
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

How goes it?

I was looking back through the prior pages in the thread and didn't see whether, since I last asked on 1/25 or so, my silly little, hastily-wrapped package ever made it through to you. Jay had wondered earlier on whether it might get confiscated or somesuch if deemed a prohibited "religious symbol".................. ??

How you holding up these last few days?
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 17:46   #6766
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
I was looking back through the prior pages in the thread and didn't see whether, since I last asked on 1/25 or so, my silly little, hastily-wrapped package ever made it through to you. Jay had wondered earlier on whether it might get confiscated or somesuch if deemed a prohibited "religious symbol".................. ??

How you holding up these last few days?
Nope, didn't get confiscated. Mail ran yesterday, and Mandy approves.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...eamCatcher.jpg
I took it away from her and hung it up over my bed. Thank you very much.

Quote:
S_R, The Angry Fist of God is my 10mm. Miss Lone doesn't understand the allure either.
Hell, 9mm has no allure to me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you LW sweetheart: hearts:: hugs:
So when are you going to Columbus, okie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post

try one.........

Glad to hear that you are making progress. : )
Yep, you're trying to do what the Afghani's couldn't, finish me off.

But what a way to die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Physical terrorists have a one size fits all mentality. When I was rehabbing one of my knee replacements, I warned them how bad my back was. Sure enough, I hurt myself pulling on one of them rubber things and now have five bad disks instead of four and that one now hurts the worst since they refuse to do anymore surgery on my back.
I have to give my terrorist credit at least for that part, in that he knows I have a very bad shoulder and he's careful not to make it worse. It's just that anything he does or has me do pretty much has to hurt to do any good. Then there are times when even going through the motions hurts. He backs off at those times until I can push, pull or whatever again, but he doesn't like to stay stalled very long at all. He's antsy now because I've been stalled, even regressing for several days now. I hate setbacks.

Quote:
Psychosis almost gone? That's good news.

I would love for you to have a good dream.
I worded it badly last night, but that's pretty much what my shrink said, that my mind is healing. He thinks there's a decent chance I'll completely recover from the psychosis, although he's concerned about recurring problems if I can't get to sleeping normally before I get back to the States.

I'd love to have a good dream, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Do you know if your shrink has a plan yet for what to do now? You will not stay numb forever and right now he needs to take advantage of your recent progress. I'm very glad to hear he thinks you are almost recovered from the psychosis but how does he quantify it? Is he basing his observations purely on observable symptoms. I hope he is right but am concerned he may dismiss it too soon just because your symptoms are latent.
He didn't say, but I kinda think he does. He's treating this like a bad overload that won't ber permanent. He said as "my feelings start coming back online" he's going to work with me on issues like the guilt, but didn't say how.

As for what he said about the psychosis, he's mainly going by the symptoms, or rather the lack of. I haven't had a complete break from reality in quite a while now, and the partial breaks have gotten fairly short, mild and far between. He also thinks the change to being able to feel what I really feel, not the clouded, muddled stuff I had before is a huge sign. It's like the clouds clearing away. The sky's not pretty, at least not yet, but it's real for the first time in over a year and a half. He's still concerned that I can't sleep at all without being forced to no matter how tired I am, but he hopes that last major symptom will get better, too. I think he's pretty conservative in a lot of ways and won't just ignore the possibility of latent symptoms, especially since he mentioned the possibility of recurrance.

BTW, I'm still pretty numb inside. Wish I could say the same thing about my chest.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 18:45   #6767
23skidoo
Deceased

I already sent these to you in a P.M. but what the heck? Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart.Okie Memorial Area
Old 02-14-2011, 03:44   #6768
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

^^^ Pretty flower, thank you.

I've been meaning to post this in here for the last 2 nights and forgot both times. All of you that stop in here to see how I'm doing will you please go here Prayers needed for Digitsmaw and Paw and say a prayer for Digitsmaw and all who care for her, especially Digitspaw right now. She really needs those prayers, we all know what her being in a hospice means. If you're anywhere near Vegas she would also appreciate a visit, too.

Thanks all.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-14-2011, 09:11   #6769
BobInTX

Good day, Wolfe. I was reading a book last night and saw this bible verse and thought of you.

Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.

Hosea 6:1

On our way home from Ft Worth last night we got a text from my daughter saying that she was going to the ER with abdominal pain. She's had this recurrent pain in her upper abdomen for a while, even before her breast cancer walk. She doesn't have a doctor so she hasn't been to seen one about it. Last night was more than she could handle so she went to ER. They ruled out gall bladder so they think she has an ulcer. Gave her some meds and referred her to a Dr. When it rains, it pours.

I'd like to ask for prayers this week. My wife's mother is going home from the nursing home tomorrow. It's going to be a tough week.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 02-14-2011 at 09:12..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:21   #6770
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Good day, Wolfe. I was reading a book last night and saw this bible verse and thought of you.

Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.

Hosea 6:1

On our way home from Ft Worth last night we got a text from my daughter saying that she was going to the ER with abdominal pain. She's had this recurrent pain in her upper abdomen for a while, even before her breast cancer walk. She doesn't have a doctor so she hasn't been to seen one about it. Last night was more than she could handle so she went to ER. They ruled out gall bladder so they think she has an ulcer. Gave her some meds and referred her to a Dr. When it rains, it pours.

I'd like to ask for prayers this week. My wife's mother is going home from the nursing home tomorrow. It's going to be a tough week.
Prayers sent for all of you right now.

Quote:
I already sent these to you in a P.M. but what the heck? Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart.
23skidoo did you mean to give Wolfe flowers that look like a bridal bouquet?

Quote:
Nope, didn't get confiscated. Mail ran yesterday, and Mandy approves.

I worded it badly last night, but that's pretty much what my shrink said, that my mind is healing. He thinks there's a decent chance I'll completely recover from the psychosis, although he's concerned about recurring problems if I can't get to sleeping normally before I get back to the States.

He didn't say, but I kinda think he does. He's treating this like a bad overload that won't ber permanent. He said as "my feelings start coming back online" he's going to work with me on issues like the guilt, but didn't say how.

As for what he said about the psychosis, he's mainly going by the symptoms, or rather the lack of. I haven't had a complete break from reality in quite a while now, and the partial breaks have gotten fairly short, mild and far between. He also thinks the change to being able to feel what I really feel, not the clouded, muddled stuff I had before is a huge sign. It's like the clouds clearing away. The sky's not pretty, at least not yet, but it's real for the first time in over a year and a half. He's still concerned that I can't sleep at all without being forced to no matter how tired I am, but he hopes that last major symptom will get better, too. I think he's pretty conservative in a lot of ways and won't just ignore the possibility of latent symptoms, especially since he mentioned the possibility of recurrance.

BTW, I'm still pretty numb inside. Wish I could say the same thing about my chest.
It sounds like your shrink is being very careful not to end any treatment too soon. That is good news because you want to avoid a relapse if you possibly can. You be sure to do exactly what he tells you to do even if you start thinking you are better. You said that he wanted you to hold off on writing that letter to yourself at the time. Do you know when he will let you do that?

Quote:
I see. I think she is smart to stay away from that caliber. I have heard they have a lot of recoil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:31   #6771
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Prayers sent for all of you right now.
Thanks.

You said that he wanted you to hold off on writing that letter to yourself at the time. Do you know when he will let you do that?

Oh, I missed that.
Old 02-14-2011, 13:00   #6772
engineer151515

Marylin and I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 02-14-2011, 13:04   #6773
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Happy Valentines day!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 13:10   #6774
Tenngunner

Happy Valentines day, prayers for you to heal.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 13:41   #6775
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<Knows Miss Lone loves purple roses Miss S_R.
Old 02-14-2011, 18:21   #6776
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
<<<<Knows Miss Lone loves purple roses Miss S_R.
<<< loves most any purple flower. Or most any flower, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Happy Valentines day, prayers for you to heal.
Thank you, for you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Happy Valentines day!
Same too you, Sweetheart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Marylin and I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.
Ahh, Marylin the Beautiful. I think the same of her owner, too.

Quote:
Oh, I missed that.
I'm not sure I posted that. I remember intending to, but I think it was a night that I didn't post at all, then forgot to mention it later. I did say something to Silent_Runner about it later though. I mentioned your 'assignment' to my shrink and he said he liked the idea, it was a bit like what he's tried to have me do verbally before. But at the time he didn't want me to take any attention off the things that were coming out, he didn't want any distractions to turn off the hydrant, so to speak. He said he wanted me to wait, and do that a little later.

My doc is about to go on leave, so he asked me to come in today to meet with the doc who's covering for him. I thought it would be this one doc I know who's OK, but it was a slightly older guy that I'd never seen before. We sat down and my doc was explaining why he had taken over my case instead of letting me rotate around to whoever like most people do. The new doc was looking bored and had kind of a "Why the Hell?" look on his face while my doc was talking.

He kept glancing at my records and all of a sudden his eyes popped open wide. He caught himself and put his bored look back on, but I started cracking up. He asked what was so funny, so I told him to go ahead and say what he was thinking. He acted like I was imagining things, but my doc had seen it too. He finally said. "You're the person referred to as Cat". So I couldn't resist, I put my right hand into a claw and said MEEOWWW! before I started laughing again. Yep doc, that's me. Cat, the person who used up about 6 of her 9 lives in one day.

He looked a little green around the gills, but warmed up to being my doc for the next few weeks when my doc convinced him that I probably won't die on his watch.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-14-2011, 18:57   #6777
BobInTX

MeOWWWW!!

Your reputation precedes you.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15   #6778
sawgrass

Here's what I told you about. You will not catch me on a RIVER like this.
I CANNOT believe how close to the open water they are! The second pic is
kinda neat...can you see him?

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-23-2011 at 08:10..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:29   #6779
Tenngunner

Quote:
MeOWWWW!!

Your reputation precedes you.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:45   #6780
BobInTX

Quote:
No, I don't think you like feeling this way, I know you don't. Okay, you know in your head, not your heart. I know the thing that tears you up is you keep asking yourself "what if I hadn't made that phone call"?

Listen to me, dear Heart. I don't think you ever expected to be given permission to make that convoy, but at least nobody could say you didn't try. Should you have been given permission? The easy answer is no, but somebody thought your mission was important enough to risk it. Why is that?

You weren't just bringing PC's to install in my office where everything is all nice and safe. You said yourself your computer equipment saved lives. If you think about it that way, you making that phone call was a valiant effort to save lives. You put your life on the line to do that, as much as Greg put his life on the line by joining the convoy, of his own free will, and trying to save you. And yes, as we all know, your life was totally thrown upside down. That, dear friend, is why we all admire, love and respect you.

You regret your decision deeply. Of course you do. You know if you just hadn't made that phone call everything would be different. You can second guess your decision for years and still not have clear answers, and it certainly won't bring Greg back.

That doesn't mean it wasn't the right one based on what you knew at the time. If a fireman runs into a burning building and gets killed, should he have done that? Of course, the easy answer is no. Now assume that there is a child or an elderly person in the building. Now, it's not as clear, is it? Did he know that the building would collapse and he'd get killed? No. Did he know there was a risk of that? Yes. So why would he do it knowing he might die?

Because he's a fireman. Most people run out of burning buildings. A few run in. He's a hero, right? Is he a hero because he got killed? No. He's a hero because he ran into the burning building.

So why did you make the decision you made to call for permission to go via convoy? Because you're a soldier, and it was your job. I can only imagine that your equipment was of tactical and strategic importance. It wasn't going to the FOB to calculate the inventory of bedsheets. It was important enough that it couldn't wait another 24 hours to be installed. Was it worth the risk of the lives of a computer tech and a helicopter mechanic to get them there ASAP? In hindsight, no, because we know what happened. But at the time, everyone, including you, thought it was the right decision, because it would save lives on the ground.

So, listen to me, dear Heart. Greg is dead. He died trying to save you, not because you asked him to, but because he had to. He knew he couldn't live with himself if he didn't try, and so he died trying. Perhaps God put him there for just such a purpose. He died saving you because you were shot on your way to save others. All involved were trying to get you where you needed to go so you could do that. There is no blame here. No one is guilty. There is only Honor and Duty and Heroism.

Most people run out of burning buildings. Firemen run in. Some people volunteer to be soldiers and go to war, and some of us stay home and write to them.
I thought you might want to read this again now. You and Greg are still my heroes. Not because y'all got shot, but because you were there in the first place.

Don't cry, Wolfe. Smile. Greg wanted you to live.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!