SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:38   #8426
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I have been admitted to the hospital...intensive care unit. Diagnoses...bilateral pulminary embolii. Blood clots in both lungs. Prayers would be appreciated!

All my friends with prayer needs are in my prayers...I have plenty of time to pray right now.

I was hoping this new year would be better for everybody. It's not starting out too good.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 16:03   #8427
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Sleepy Marylin to curl up with you

Okie Memorial Area
Awwwwwwwwwwww! <<< for both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You are right telling us to stop worrying will have no effect. I have no idea how you can stand to be there and around those people who almost killed you. I would have to be on the next plane out and crying the whole flight home after what you heard and saw these last few days.
I figured as much. Don't think I haven't cried, wish I was on a plane, questioned my own sanity, etc. Then I try to tell myself I'm doing some good here, that I need having a doc in walking distance, etc. I don't always succeed in convincing myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
They changed her to Tordol. She was a different person yesterday. They started her on clear liquids last night. The doctor said she may get to go home late today.: supergrin:

Thanks for all your prayers.

I think my sig line is more for me this week than for Lone_Wolfe.
Glad to hear the change in meds helped. I've had that med but it's not meant for long term like I need and other anti-inflammatories work better for me. I'm glad it seems to be the right one for her, though. Prayers continuing.

Quote:
I have been admitted to the hospital...intensive care unit. Diagnoses...bilateral pulminary embolii. Blood clots in both lungs. Prayers would be appreciated!

All my friends with prayer needs are in my prayers...I have plenty of time to pray right now.
Wow, damn! I hate to hear this, my friend. I'm really hoping and praying that you're better soon. Please take care of yourself.

Quote:
I was hoping this new year would be better for everybody. It's not starting out too good.
Tell me about it!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 16:07   #8428
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Tell me about it!
Maybe we're just getting the bad stuff out of the way at the beginning.
Old 01-11-2012, 16:08   #8429
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Good to see you on.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 16:53   #8430
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:

Glad to hear she's getting better. BTW, the pain med she's on may be making nausea worse. It has that effect on me, just ask Skidoo's family.

I'm OK, no need to worry. Not that telling you to stop will have much effect.
You didn't feel well at all that day but you toughed it out and attended anyway. Thank you Sweeetheart. No need to worry? Sweetheart, you're in Afghanistan, the demons are working overtime to keep you upset and in pain, the hajjis are still attacking your base, although we're happy our guys got a few; we still worry. Take care Sweetheart.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 01-11-2012 at 16:55..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:59   #8431
gyfgyf

Hi LW,

I am glad that you are OK. However when someone tells me "not to worry"... I panic.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 17:41   #8432
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
That would sure be nice! Damn, I hope things don't get WORSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Good to see you on.
Good to see you too, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
You didn't feel well at all that day but you toughed it out and attended anyway. Thank you Sweeetheart. No need to worry? Sweetheart, you're in Afghanistan, the demons are working overtime to keep you upset and in pain, the hajjis are still attacking your base, although we're happy our guys got a few; we still worry. Take care Sweetheart.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I figured I could either feel like crap at your house by myself, or feel like crap at your picnic, which I'd changed my flight dates to be able to go to. Since I was going to hurt like hell and feel like crap no matter which option I chose it was kind of a no-brainer. Your family, especially your BIL, was especially nice and helpful to me during the worst of it. I felt bad about it all, but he was really understanding. I really appreciated that.

You're right about the demons and Hajjis, although the Hajjis have been quiet since then. Now if only the demons would shut the hell up, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Hi LW,

I am glad that you are OK. However when someone tells me "not to worry"... I panic.
Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Guess I'd better not tell you not to worry again. Would it work better if I tell you not to panic?

And thanks, I'm glad I'm OK too. Well, as glad as I can be, considering.....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-12-2012, 19:08   #8433
BobInTX

My daughter got to go home yesterday! She felt good enough to go with Hubby to buy some groceries today.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:04   #8434
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Prayers sent on your behalf.

Quote:
Quote:
I hope you are right!

Quote:
I figured as much. Don't think I haven't cried, wish I was on a plane, questioned my own sanity, etc. Then I try to tell myself I'm doing some good here, that I need having a doc in walking distance, etc. I don't always succeed in convincing myself.
:
In all of that have you considered actually getting on a plane? It would be no shame for you to admit it was a mistake to agree to serve there again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
You didn't feel well at all that day but you toughed it out and attended anyway. Thank you Sweeetheart. No need to worry? Sweetheart, you're in Afghanistan, the demons are working overtime to keep you upset and in pain, the hajjis are still attacking your base, although we're happy our guys got a few; we still worry. Take care Sweetheart.::
Wolfe told me that she felt bad about that day and not feeling well with all your family and friends there. I was just glad she was able to go.

Quote:
Hi LW,

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
I agree with you.

Quote:

You're right about the demons and Hajjis, although the Hajjis have been quiet since then. Now if only the demons would shut the hell up, too.

Guess I'd better not tell you not to worry again. Would it work better if I tell you not to panic?

And thanks, I'm glad I'm OK too. Well, as glad as I can be, considering.....
I wish those demons would leave you alone too. Yes you can tell us not to panic because you already know we will continue to worry about you.

Quote:
My daughter got to go home yesterday! She felt good enough to go with Hubby to buy some groceries today.
That is excellent news!
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:33   #8435
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
I am headed in for surgery soon. They are implanting some umbrella like devices into my veins to catch any clots that form to keep them from causing a heartattack or stroke. They are taking me off bloodthinners due to femanine issues that make those a bad idea...and will be having a complete hystorectomy in a couple months.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:53   #8436
BobInTX

Quote:
I am headed in for surgery soon. They are implanting some umbrella like devices into my veins to catch any clots that form to keep them from causing a heartattack or stroke. They are taking me off bloodthinners due to femanine issues that make those a bad idea...and will be having a complete hystorectomy in a couple months.
Wow, bless your heart. Here's praying for a successful outcome for your blood clot problem and hysterectomy.

BTW, my mother in-law had blood clots in her lungs right before I met my wife. That was 32 years ago, and she's still kicking. All that to say there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:49   #8437
gyfgyf

Hi LW,
If you tell me not to panic, then I will start to look for a flight to Afghanistan to bring you home to the US.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:09   #8438
Lady Glock

Quote:
Wow, bless your heart. Here's praying for a successful outcome for your blood clot problem and hysterectomy.

BTW, my mother in-law had blood clots in her lungs right before I met my wife. That was 32 years ago, and she's still kicking. All that to say there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you. I'm the kind of person who has anxiety over things like this so I'm not in the best frame of mind. I appreciate the comment about your M-I-L...that helps! I just want this taken care of to fix the issues and get me back home with my family. I miss them

Old 01-13-2012, 16:19   #8439
Lady Glock

Back from surgery. It went well except they refused to give me the anethesia that doesn't put you to sleep buy makes it where you don't remember. They made me stay awake and aware :(

Old 01-13-2012, 16:36   #8440
BobInTX

I'm sure there was a medical reason for it.
Old 01-13-2012, 21:43   #8441
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Prayers are being sent for everyone!! I haven't checked in for a while due to multiple family health issues, but it seems like many here are having health concerns. Please know that I am agreeing in prayer for all concerned. So glad to hear your daughter is doing well, Bob! Lady Glock, I pray that God will send someone special to help you in your time of need. Precious Wolfe, I love you and admire you more than you can know. You are the bravest woman I have ever known. SR, though I don't know what your prayer concerns are, I have been praying for you. Please pray for my son. The gastro thinks he has Crohn's. He just graduated from Law School and now has a stressful job. It seems he can't catch a break. There are more, but he is my biggest concern here at the moment. Thanks, GT'ers.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 21:47   #8442
BobInTX

Old 01-13-2012, 21:48   #8443
Lady Glock

Prayers up for your son G26g...I will also say and "unnamed prayer for the other issues you need prayer for.

Old 01-13-2012, 21:52   #8444
Lady Glock

Update to my day...

It's been a bad day. Everything went far south of where it has been...and my life is now in question. I am upset this is happening all because a doctor chose to put me on birthcontrol instead of getting me in with someone who could stop the hemoraging the RIGHT way.

Because I can't take birth control anymore, and my cycle started...they had to take me off the blood thinners. They implanted a filter in my vein, through my groin and it now sits behind my belly button. The filter is like a metal umbrella and will protect me from NEW clots from my legs or groin, but does nothing to protect me from the old clots in my lungs. Without the thinners, new blood may bond to the clots and make them grow and if they break free it's lights out.

They are going to check me in a few weeks and see if the clots are going away...I will be having a hysterectomy as soon as possible and then the thinners will be restarted...though it could take up to April for the clots to go away so I can have the surgery. After they are able to start the thinners again, they will keep me on them for at least 6 months.

Prayers are appreciated, and all I can really ask of anyone.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:02   #8445
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

Prayers going your way. I hope your health and other things in your life start getting better.
Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 01:07   #8446
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Prayers are being sent for everyone!! I haven't checked in for a while due to multiple family health issues, but it seems like many here are having health concerns. Please know that I am agreeing in prayer for all concerned. So glad to hear your daughter is doing well, Bob! Lady Glock, I pray that God will send someone special to help you in your time of need. Precious Wolfe, I love you and admire you more than you can know. You are the bravest woman I have ever known. SR, though I don't know what your prayer concerns are, I have been praying for you. Please pray for my son. The gastro thinks he has Crohn's. He just graduated from Law School and now has a stressful job. It seems he can't catch a break. There are more, but he is my biggest concern here at the moment. Thanks, GT'ers.
Damn life is hard enough without all these health problems. I need to read up up on Crohn's. All I know is that it is an autoimmune disease like my RA.
Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 03:39   #8447
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
In all of that have you considered actually getting on a plane? It would be no shame for you to admit it was a mistake to agree to serve there again.
Many times.

Quote:
Hi LW,
If you tell me not to panic, then I will start to look for a flight to Afghanistan to bring you home to the US.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Then I guess I won't say that...... unless..

J/K, I know some of you worry and I'm not trying to make it any worse than it has to be. I thank you for caring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Wow, I hate to hear that about your son, prayers going out for him. Maybe he'll be lucky and it'll be something easily treated. Please keep us posted. Skidoo's brother had Chron's for years, he might be able to tell you a bit about it.

As for my, I'm a coward. Thanks for keeping Silent_Runner in your prayers. And as for you....

Quote:
Update to my day...

It's been a bad day. Everything went far south of where it has been...and my life is now in question. I am upset this is happening all because a doctor chose to put me on birthcontrol instead of getting me in with someone who could stop the hemoraging the RIGHT way.

Because I can't take birth control anymore, and my cycle started...they had to take me off the blood thinners. They implanted a filter in my vein, through my groin and it now sits behind my belly button. The filter is like a metal umbrella and will protect me from NEW clots from my legs or groin, but does nothing to protect me from the old clots in my lungs. Without the thinners, new blood may bond to the clots and make them grow and if they break free it's lights out.

They are going to check me in a few weeks and see if the clots are going away...I will be having a hysterectomy as soon as possible and then the thinners will be restarted...though it could take up to April for the clots to go away so I can have the surgery. After they are able to start the thinners again, they will keep me on them for at least 6 months.

Prayers are appreciated, and all I can really ask of anyone.
Prayers, prayers, and more prayers! I hate to hear it's going so badly for you, I'm worried for you and your family. You'll have to check in with us regularly so I don't have to send the people planning to hunt me down after you. I'm worried about you, my friend, and you're in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Damn life is hard enough without all these health problems. I need to read up up on Crohn's. All I know is that it is an autoimmune disease like my RA.
Tell me about it. I've been lucky not to have a bunch of additional health problems besides the effects of being a bullet-stop. BTW, how are you feeling today?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-14-2012, 05:53   #8448
Lady Glock

Quote:
Prayers, prayers, and more prayers! I hate to hear it's going so badly for you, I'm worried for you and your family. You'll have to check in with us regularly so I don't have to send the people planning to hunt me down after you. I'm worried about you, my friend, and you're in my thoughts.
I promise to check in often. This is the 2nd scariest thing I've gone through, the first being when my kids disappeared for 3 weeks...11 years ago. I'm truly worried about going home like it is now and not being close to doctors if something should go wrong. My legs were cramping like crazy last night, I couldn't get them comfortable so the nurse says I"m going to have to walk today...but 5 steps and I can't breathe. The oxygen helps it correct faster, but if I'm home, I don't know that I will have oxygen.

Anyway, I'll stay in touch...I don't want you putting yourself in extra pain by worrying about me, just say prayers for me please!

By the way...don't "pull your punches" with us. You say you know we worry about you and you don't want to make it worse by saying something...well, don't do that! We want the truth from you, we want to know how you are TRULY feeling...not something WATERED DOWN to protect us from our worry!

Old 01-14-2012, 20:02   #8449
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

Tell me about it. I've been lucky not to have a bunch of additional health problems besides the effects of being a bullet-stop. BTW, how are you feeling today?
Although there is no clear association of trauma with the onset of RA, there are doctors that will tell you they have had many patients whose RA began after trauma, surgery or stressful event. Mine came on after my failed back surgeries and right after my family left me. I still would not trade that for being shot and all the physical and mental stress & pain you have been through.
That said, I'm still having a lot of pain where they stuck that long stemmed replacement. I keep telling myself it's early. On the positive side the bend in my knee and the rest of it is pretty good.
Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 20:03   #8450
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
I promise to check in often. This is the 2nd scariest thing I've gone through, the first being when my kids disappeared for 3 weeks...11 years ago. I'm truly worried about going home like it is now and not being close to doctors if something should go wrong. My legs were cramping like crazy last night, I couldn't get them comfortable so the nurse says I"m going to have to walk today...but 5 steps and I can't breathe. The oxygen helps it correct faster, but if I'm home, I don't know that I will have oxygen.

Anyway, I'll stay in touch...I don't want you putting yourself in extra pain by worrying about me, just say prayers for me please!

By the way...don't "pull your punches" with us. You say you know we worry about you and you don't want to make it worse by saying something...well, don't do that! We want the truth from you, we want to know how you are TRULY feeling...not something WATERED DOWN to protect us from our worry!
Hang in there Lady Glock! Praying for you.
Quote:

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!