Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2011, 15:49   #6721
Glock26girl
G26, G19

That flower is incredible and beautiful!! I've never seen one grow that fast. It looks like your chu is decorated in lovely tapestries and bedding, too, Wolfe.

I second what Saw Grass said, Bob, you are a good man!! Every person on this site has played a special part in reaching out caringly to Wolfe and investing in her recuperation, but Bob and Brown Hawk have used some special God-given ability in helping her with her recuperation. I pray that God blesses you all in the ways you need it most.

I love you, Wolfe. Please just know that we are here in our own ways because we care so much about you. You are such a funny, special, ornery, caring person.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40   #6722
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW my best friend and her sister are in Tucson for a few days.
There is a big gem and jewelery show. They are having a very good time and it sounds like the shopping is going very well.

Me thinks you and I should go to this one of these days!

Have you ever been? It sounds like it's a big deal. I know they had a heck
of a time getting a hotel.
I've kicked myself for it, but when I lived there I didn't go to that. Wish I had, I'm really into gemstones and jewelry. Yep, we need to go. If I get out of this place in one piece, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
So pretty! Thanks and thank you Sawgrass.
You're welcome. Here you go, Mrs. Bob. I couldn't bring myself to post at all last night, and felt bad for not at least showing you the days pics, so here they are now.

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
That flower is incredible and beautiful!! I've never seen one grow that fast. It looks like your chu is decorated in lovely tapestries and bedding, too, Wolfe.

I second what Saw Grass said, Bob, you are a good man!! Every person on this site has played a special part in reaching out caringly to Wolfe and investing in her recuperation, but Bob and Brown Hawk have used some special God-given ability in helping her with her recuperation. I pray that God blesses you all in the ways you need it most.

I love you, Wolfe. Please just know that we are here in our own ways because we care so much about you. You are such a funny, special, ornery, caring person.
Isn't it pretty? The next bud is about to start opening any day, too. The wall hangings are actually table covers and rugs that I bought at the on-base hajji-marts. Same for that thick blanket. sawgrass sent me the tiny pillow and the super soft brown blanket. I got the green blanket with the kitties on it from another GT'er, but he never posted in here so may not want his name posted. I also have a huge very colorful embroidered bed cover that I bought in Afghanistan, but it's not on the wall in this CHU because there's not room for it in here like in the larger one.

You're so right about Bob, Hawk, and all of you in here. I don't know what makes Bob try so hard to help me, but I don't think I'd be where I am today without him. Hawk and the rest of you, too. I've showed my shrink posts by so many of you and he's still amazed every time he sees it. Speaking of shrinks, I have to go see him shortly. Not looking forward to that. No, I don't want to talk about the crap in my head right now, I'm trying not to think about it right now. Not doing that very well.

Ornery, eh? First time I got called that in here. Sounds like you know me.

I love you and everyone here too, but you know that, don't you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:34   #6723
23skidoo
Deceased

Your psychiatrists office will be a tight fit today but we'll all be there. Just a question, has your psychiatrist met Mandy? Who knows? He might have some good chocolate stashed in his office.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:03   #6724
Tenngunner

Hey LW,

I've been away for a few days (Denver is a cold *****), looks like you could use a few more.........

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06   #6725
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I've kicked myself for it, but when I lived there I didn't go to that. Wish I had, I'm really into gemstones and jewelry. Yep, we need to go. If I get out of this place in one piece, that is.
You will.

I'll go.

<<< likes gemstones.
Old 02-07-2011, 13:16   #6726
BobInTX

Quote:

You're welcome. Here you go, Mrs. Bob. I couldn't bring myself to post at all last night, and felt bad for not at least showing you the days pics, so here they are now.

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Isn't it pretty? The next bud is about to start opening any day, too. The wall hangings are actually table covers and rugs that I bought at the on-base hajji-marts. Same for that thick blanket. sawgrass sent me the tiny pillow and the super soft brown blanket. I got the green blanket with the kitties on it from another GT'er, but he never posted in here so may not want his name posted. I also have a huge very colorful embroidered bed cover that I bought in Afghanistan, but it's not on the wall in this CHU because there's not room for it in here like in the larger one.

You're so right about Bob, Hawk, and all of you in here. I don't know what makes Bob try so hard to help me, but I don't think I'd be where I am today without him. Hawk and the rest of you, too. I've showed my shrink posts by so many of you and he's still amazed every time he sees it. Speaking of shrinks, I have to go see him shortly. Not looking forward to that. No, I don't want to talk about the crap in my head right now, I'm trying not to think about it right now. Not doing that very well.

Drat! Pictures no workee.

My granddaughter made her grand entrance at 2:17 this morning 2/7. She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long. *Mom and baby are doing fine. *

Lone_Wolfe or Sawgrass, could one of you post the pic I sent you? I have no computer access for a few days.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 13:20   #6727
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
You will.

I'll go.

<<< likes gemstones.
engineer151515 I would be careful about volunterring to go to a gem show with Wolfe. You might leave there heavily in debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Your psychiatrists office will be a tight fit today but we'll all be there. Just a question, has your psychiatrist met Mandy? Who knows? He might have some good chocolate stashed in his office.
I hope he has a very large office to fit us all in. But 23skidoo do you really think she will let Mandy have the chocolate and not her?

Quote:

Yes Wolfe. Ornery. Too damn ornery to die that day in Afghanistan when most would have and too ornery to give in to all that has happened to you since then. We like you ornery for that reason. Stay that way please.

I know you may not want to talk about what is in your head but you need to try. You do not want to close yourself off right now when you seem to be getting so much out at last. Come in here and release some of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 15:42   #6728
sawgrass

I'm not hooked up with a photo hosting site. If I use GT it's very small.
So......maybe LW can post the pic of beautiful baby Emily.

LW of course you're going to get out of there in one piece and you're going to
keep getting better. You have lots of things to do. You have people to meet
and places to go. I think the gem show needs to be on the list. I LOVE rocks!
I know you do too. Whoever else comes along needs to plan on being our cabana girl/boy AND our DD. I've never been to any cities in Arizona. I would
really like to meet Zonny.

Skidoo we finally went ice fishing this weekend. It was great!
We didn't catch any walleye but we caught lots of nice crappies!
Supper is going to be good tonight.

ETA: I like your ornery self. It keeps it interesting!

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-07-2011 at 15:43..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 17:29   #6729
23skidoo
Deceased

S_R, I don't think Mandy is foolish enough to try to keep chocolate away from the boss.

Miss Lone, the sleep of the just tonight and every night. You are going to make it through this!
Old 02-07-2011, 18:29   #6730
23skidoo
Deceased

Hello all! Hajjinet dropped a deuce today and Miss Lone was not able to open any threads today. She was able to open a p.m. from me early this morning (her time) and responded to it. She's had a rough day and could use some hugs. Not a problem Sweetheart.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19   #6731
Glock26girl
G26, G19

I hope today is a good day for you. Just want to tell you how much I love fine materials and you have some really nice ones. Saw Grass has a good idea about the stone show. I've always collected rocks and love the uniqueness of each one. Never been much for them in jewelry, though, except diamonds.
I still think that it would be fun to go to the show.

Congratulations, Bob. Grandbabies are one of God's greatest gift!!

Talk to you later, my dear, ornery friend.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:33   #6732
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hello all! Hajjinet dropped a deuce today and Miss Lone was not able to open any threads today. She was able to open a p.m. from me early this morning (her time) and responded to it. She's had a rough day and could use some hugs. Not a problem Sweetheart.
Where are you Wolfe? Come out come out where ever you are. Show your ornery self so we know you are alright please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 16:50   #6733
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Drat! Pictures no workee.

My granddaughter made her grand entrance at 2:17 this morning 2/7. She weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long. *Mom and baby are doing fine. *

Lone_Wolfe or Sawgrass, could one of you post the pic I sent you? I have no computer access for a few days.
I can't find why the pics don't work, they show up here. Can someone else look at them and see if they show up? And here's today's pics for your viewing pleasure.
Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area

And for the requested pic of the little angel, it's my pleasure to introduce a beautiful little girl......
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
You will.

I'll go.

<<< likes gemstones.
I'll have to wear some of mine when we meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Hey LW,

I've been away for a few days (Denver is a cold *****), looks like you could use a few more.........

: hugs: : hugs: : wavey:
Too cold for me, I can guarantee that. I asked my doc if he thinks I'll get back a normal cold tolerance eventually and he said that I'd probably always have to stay in a warmer area, that cold air might always be hard for me to breathe.

Yeah, I could use those hugs. Last night was hard to get through, so was today. I just wanted to stay curled up under a desk again today. Of course the rainy weather didn't help matters, but mostly I feel like I cried so hard I can't cry anymore. I feel some combination of numb, angry, and completely lost right now. Right now I wonder if I don't have another tear left in me. I think I'm empty inside.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 16:57   #6734
sawgrass

LW I think it's good that you have been able to let so much out.
It's ok to feel angry, numb and lost. You recognize it, therefore
you can begin crawling away from it. It's a process that you are
going to complete.

The baby pic wasn't here when I first posted.
She is absolutely beautiful. Congrats to all involved!

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-08-2011 at 19:48..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 17:51   #6735
BobInTX

Thanks, LW.
Old 02-08-2011, 19:26   #6736
engineer151515

Beautiful baby Emily!

LW - for you
Old 02-08-2011, 20:14   #6737
BobInTX

Those pics work now, thank you. Mrs Bob says thanks too.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:37   #6738
23skidoo
Deceased

Hang in there Sweetheart, you are going to get through this! More hugs on the way as reqested. Lovely young lady Bob, congratulations!

Last edited by 23skidoo; 02-09-2011 at 02:39..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:29   #6739
gyfgyf

Hi LW,

Many hugs (billion, trillion, godzillion..) are on the way.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:16   #6740
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetie pie
okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!