Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:56   #8401
23skidoo
Deceased

For you and your daughter, Bob. I'm glad she's feeling better.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:05   #8402
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I got an email from Lone_Wolfe. She said that their internet has been down and sporadic. She hasn't been able to get on GT at all.

My daughter was admitted to the hospital last night with pancreatitis. She is better this morning. I'd appreciate your prayers. She's 29. Too young for this poop.
I also received an email from her. The base she is on has been attacked and may have taken damage. She is OK but please pray for the safety of everyone there.

Your daughter is in my prayers.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I知 mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29   #8403
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
More prayers headed to God's ears.

Bob, I don't personally KNOW the pain of pancreatitis...but had a dear friend who suffered for years. We lost him at 37 YO to pancreatic cancer. Please make sure she keeps on top of the pancreas care so if she gets the "C", it's diagnosed early and attacked aggresively.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:13   #8404
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
They are just outside the front door of the Bunker.

Camilla thrive in southern Alabama. Our unseasonably warm winter has them blooming everywhere.
Quote:
It's a bit of an inside joke.

If you visited, you'd get it.
And here I was thinking you were trying to tell me the Hajjis wouldn't be able to get me while I was there with you.

Quote:
It's been warm here too. When we finished the goose hunt Saturday it was 75ー. We had fun. My son got the very first bird. There were thousands of them up there. Our group got 21 geese and ducks total.

At least I wasn't the one to say steroid shots this time. Oh crap!
Ummmmmm, yes you did say it!

Congrats on the great hunt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3br3wHamm3r View Post
Freudian slip? : wow: You better tell them therapists to go easy on you!!!
Nope, no slip. My last one was a terrorist who made me cry many times. The current one's being super careful because he's not actually a therapist and is scared to do anything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
Nothing Freudian about it. She speaks truly. My last terrorist was a bouncy little gal with the demeanor of a cheerleader.

She was evil. Pretty sure satan wouldn't stand a chance.
I think she was kin to a couple I've had. At least my last one didn't have a personality like that. I'd have really hated him, not just hated him while he was torturing me.

I hope you's at least did you some good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
For you Sweetheart : grouphug::iloveyou :

Okie Memorial Area
What a funny looking kitty!

Quote:
I got an email from Lone_Wolfe. She said that their internet has been down and sporadic. She hasn't been able to get on GT at all.

My daughter was admitted to the hospital last night with pancreatitis. She is better this morning. I'd appreciate your prayers. She's 29. Too young for this poop.
Prayers going up for your daughter, and thanks for passing my message on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I also received an email from her. The base she is on has been attacked and may have taken damage. She is OK but please pray for the safety of everyone there.

Your daughter is in my prayers.
I'm OK, the Hajjis missed. At least they have so far, I doubt this crap is completely over with. We did have a little damage here, but not near as much as initially thought. Turns out the internet problem is because the weather has gotten bad. (Yes, my chest is telling me all about it ) That's not completely fixed, I just hope it stays up long enough for me to post this.

Thanks for the prayers for all of out safety over here. Guess they wanted to teach me not to talk about the base not getting attacked. Bastards!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 13:19   #8405
B. Somm
CLM Number 175
Lady B/Team OAF

Send a message via ICQ to B. Somm Send a message via AIM to B. Somm Send a message via Yahoo to B. Somm

Hiya Lone!

Aren't you home yet? I just popped in to say howdy, so I haven't read the latest threads since I last visited back in October.

Hope you're doing better my friend!!

B.

P.S. Added a couple of lolz to the Caturday thread!

GSSF/Niner #141/Big Dawg #117/Grand Canyon Glockers #9/FM Lodge #50 and OAF #918
B. Somm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 13:59   #8406
BobInTX

B. Somm, you've got some catching up to do! She's back in Afghanistan now.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:10   #8407
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Annie wants to play.
Okie Memorial Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:02   #8408
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Just what exactly the f=k do we have to do to get her out of there??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????? :pissedoff:
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:17   #8409
engineer151515

Quote:
And here I was thinking you were trying to tell me the Hajjis wouldn't be able to get me while I was there with you.
This post has troubled me. I've tried to think of something inspirational for an answer. But I find my answers lacking.

The truth is, I pray your transition back to civilian life will swiftly put this fear out of your mind. For example, I do scan my surroundings for trouble, but I have never looked down the street for armed Hajjis. I haven't needed to for survival - whereas, you have.

I've seen tough transitions back in my step-son and his friends. Some of them still struggle years after returning. And they weren't in theater as long as you have been. My step-son has served similar time over there (and is still in Afghanistan as a contractor). I fear the war has permanently changed his personality. As the father figure who raised him from 5-1/2 years of age, I see changes I blame on war that have hurt him, whether he recognizes it or not.

It's Sunday. Let me offer a prayer for your safety, your healing, and your hopeful future away from conflict.

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-08-2012 at 07:19..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:29   #8410
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I think she was kin to a couple I've had. At least my last one didn't have a personality like that. I'd have really hated him, not just hated him while he was torturing me.

I'm OK, the Hajjis missed. At least they have so far, I doubt this crap is completely over with. We did have a little damage here, but not near as much as initially thought. Turns out the internet problem is because the weather has gotten bad. (Yes, my chest is telling me all about it ) That's not completely fixed, I just hope it stays up long enough for me to post this.

Thanks for the prayers for all of out safety over here. Guess they wanted to teach me not to talk about the base not getting attacked. Bastards!
You hated that therapist anyways. You told me that many times!

Have things calmed down over there yet? Are you ready to come home now? And where are you today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
Hiya Lone!

Aren't you home yet? I just popped in to say howdy, so I haven't read the latest threads since I last visited back in October.

B.

P.S. Added a couple of lolz to the Caturday thread!
Hello B. Somm. I have it on good authority that you have been missed.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Just what exactly the f=k do we have to do to get her out of there??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????? :pissedoff:
When you figure that out please let me know. I will be glad to help you.

Quote:
This post has troubled me. I've tried to think of something inspirational for an answer. But I find my answers lacking.

The truth is, I pray your transition back to civilian life will swiftly put this fear out of your mind. For example, I do scan my surroundings for trouble, but I have never looked down the street for armed Hajjis. I haven't needed to for survival - whereas, you have.

I've seen tough transitions back in my step-son and his friends. Some of them still struggle years after returning. And they weren't in theater as long as you have been. My step-son has served similar time over there (and is still in Afghanistan as a contractor). I fear the war has permanently changed his personality. As the father figure who raised him from 5-1/2 years of age, I see changes I blame on war that have hurt him, whether he recognizes it or not.

It's Sunday. Let me offer a prayer for your safety, your healing, and your hopeful future away from conflict.
You seem to have some insight that can help Wolfe in that transition. She always tells you that your answers are not so lacking as you seem to think. Perhaps she is right. I will join you in that prayer.
Quote:
I mean, I知 mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 01-08-2012 at 09:39..
Old 01-08-2012, 13:23   #8411
BobInTX

My daughter's sonogram was negative for stones. Pancreas enzyme levels back within normal range. She's having nausea and pain still which means it is still inflamed. When that goes away they will introduce food.*

Your prayers are appreciated and still needed.*

Bob

Last edited by BobInTX; 01-08-2012 at 13:24..
Old 01-08-2012, 13:29   #8412
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
My daughter's sonogram was negative for stones. Pancreas enzyme levels back within normal range. She's having nausea and pain still which means it is still inflamed. When that goes away they will introduce food.*

Bob
I pray for her health. Where is LW?
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 17:27   #8413
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Look at her last post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:30   #8414
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Bob
That is good news. Prayers will continue as long as needed.

Quote:
Wolfe sent me an email and she is OK. She said they are still having internet troubles there and she can only use email right now but thinks it may be fixed today. She also said the weather was causing her considerable pain but made no mention of her base being attacked again.
Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 10:10   #8415
gyfgyf

Urgent! stop Hi LW stop Worried stop Are you OK ? stop Need answer stop Thanks stop Gyfgyf stop
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 17:31   #8416
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Somm View Post
Hiya Lone! : wavey:

B.

P.S. Added a couple of lolz to the Caturday thread! : )
B.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where ya been? I've missed you.

Give Annie and the other kitties a scratch for me, wouldya?

Quote:
Unfortunately he's right.

Quote:
Annie wants to play.
There's 2 Annie's in this thread. One of B.'s kitties is also Annie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
Send a helicopter with a guy on it that looks like that angel Bob posted a few months back?

Quote:

You do understand, I can tell. I'm worried about that too. During my times Stateside the fear and nightmares haven't been any better, and I don't know if they ever will be. I hope so, I can't keep going like this forever. I'm sure my personality changes are permament, too. Not just the part that changed as a result of almost dying, but the changes from PTSD too. Having people like you in my life that understand is sure to help.

Quote:
You hated that therapist anyways. You told me that many times!: rofl:
Only because he tortured me sometimes!

Have things calmed down over there yet? Are you ready to come home now? And where are you today?
Yes, it's pretty calm, just cold as hell with snow everywhere. I've sure thought of it in the last several days.

You seem to have some insight that can help Wolfe in that transition. She always tells you that your answers are not so lacking as you seem to think. Perhaps she is right. I will join you in that prayer.
You're right about that.

Quote:

Bob
Glad to hear she's getting better. BTW, the pain med she's on may be making nausea worse. It has that effect on me, just ask Skidoo's family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Urgent! stop Hi LW stop Worried stop Are you OK ? stop Need answer stop Thanks stop Gyfgyf stop
I'm OK, no need to worry. Not that telling you to stop will have much effect. Out internet has been all but down for days, they had everything except email sites blocked and really limited access times, so I couldn't post. It was still down when I went to bed, but I woke up after a couple hours and now it seems OK. Hope it stays that way. We had some nasty weather here, and it damaged some equipment. Not to mention the things my chest has had to say.

As for the attacks on the base, they weren't as bad as I took it at first. It was a couple Hajjis with AK-47's outside the base lobbing bullets over the wall hoping to hit something, which they didn't. I completely freaked at the sound of AK's firing, as MB said "Mega-freaking PTSD trigger". She probably didn't mean that pun, but she was right. At least now I've heard those things and didn't get shot this time. Maybe facing these fears will do me some good. I know I've been wearing my poor counselor out lately, between this and seeing those Afghanis with rifles a couple weeks ago. She's been working overtime with me. Now all I need to do is see one of them with an AK pointed at me, right? NOT! What I was originally told was mortars was actually some ordinance we tossed at the bastards shooting at us. Heard we got them, too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 18:12   #8417
engineer151515

Sleepy Marylin to curl up with you

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by engineer151515; 01-09-2012 at 18:13..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 19:51   #8418
BobInTX

"Glad to hear she's getting better. BTW, the pain med she's on may be making nausea worse. It has that effect on me, just ask Skidoo's family."

It's funny you mentioned that. They changed her pain med today because they thought it was giving her a headache and nausea.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:22   #8419
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Send a helicopter with a guy on it that looks like that angel Bob posted a few months back?
I think we can arrange that if you promise to come home.

You do understand, I can tell. I'm worried about that too. During my times Stateside the fear and nightmares haven't been any better, and I don't know if they ever will be. I hope so, I can't keep going like this forever. I'm sure my personality changes are permament, too. Not just the part that changed as a result of almost dying, but the changes from PTSD too. Having people like you in my life that understand is sure to help.
You probably would begin to feel much better if you were home for good. It may take longer than the amount of time you spend here on leave but I think it would happen.

I'm OK, no need to worry. Not that telling you to stop will have much effect. Out internet has been all but down for days, they had everything except email sites blocked and really limited access times, so I couldn't post. It was still down when I went to bed, but I woke up after a couple hours and now it seems OK. Hope it stays that way. We had some nasty weather here, and it damaged some equipment. Not to mention the things my chest has had to say.

As for the attacks on the base, they weren't as bad as I took it at first. It was a couple Hajjis with AK-47's outside the base lobbing bullets over the wall hoping to hit something, which they didn't. I completely freaked at the sound of AK's firing, as MB said "Mega-freaking PTSD trigger". She probably didn't mean that pun, but she was right. At least now I've heard those things and didn't get shot this time. Maybe facing these fears will do me some good. I know I've been wearing my poor counselor out lately, between this and seeing those Afghanis with rifles a couple weeks ago. She's been working overtime with me. Now all I need to do is see one of them with an AK pointed at me, right? NOT! What I was originally told was mortars was actually some ordinance we tossed at the bastards shooting at us. Heard we got them, too.
You are right telling us to stop worrying will have no effect. I have no idea how you can stand to be there and around those people who almost killed you. I would have to be on the next plane out and crying the whole flight home after what you heard and saw these last few days.

Quote:
"Glad to hear she's getting better. BTW, the pain med she's on may be making nausea worse. It has that effect on me, just ask Skidoo's family."

It's funny you mentioned that. They changed her pain med today because they thought it was giving her a headache and nausea.
What med did they change her too?
Quote:
Old 01-11-2012, 08:34   #8420
BobInTX

Quote:
You are right telling us to stop worrying will have no effect. I have no idea how you can stand to be there and around those people who almost killed you. I would have to be on the next plane out and crying the whole flight home after what you heard and saw these last few days.

She's made of different stuff than we are, SR. That's not to say she didn't think about it. Right, LW?

What med did they change her too?
They changed her to Tordol. She was a different person yesterday. They started her on clear liquids last night. The doctor said she may get to go home late today.

Thanks for all your prayers.

I think my sig line is more for me this week than for Lone_Wolfe.

Last edited by BobInTX; 01-11-2012 at 08:35..
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37   #8421
23skidoo
Deceased

I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing better, Bob.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:55   #8422
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
She's made of different stuff than we are, SR. That's not to say she didn't think about it. Right, LW?
I have often questioned what she is made of and those questions are not always polite.

I certainly hope she at least thought of it!

They changed her to Tordol. She was a different person yesterday. They started her on clear liquids last night. The doctor said she may get to go home late today.

Thanks for all your prayers.

I think my sig line is more for me this week than for Lone_Wolfe.
That would be a preferred choice here. She will probably not take it for long. Prayers will continue for her.

You probably listen to your sig line better than Wolfe does.
Quote:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:42   #8423
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
I have been admitted to the hospital...intensive care unit. Diagnoses...bilateral pulminary embolii. Blood clots in both lungs. Prayers would be appreciated!

All my friends with prayer needs are in my prayers...I have plenty of time to pray right now.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13   #8424
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I have been admitted to the hospital...intensive care unit. Diagnoses...bilateral pulminary embolii. Blood clots in both lungs. Prayers would be appreciated!

All my friends with prayer needs are in my prayers...I have plenty of time to pray right now.
On the way..
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:01   #8425
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post

Prayers on the way ma'am!

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!