Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-20-2011, 14:12   #8226
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
You just now noticed that? I did it before you left Iraq. Don't worry I'm sure a future quote from you will get there.
I noticed it when you first changed it, just never thought to say anything. You changed it shortly after I made the comment about it being a bit of an oxymoron now because this time I did something most of you DIDN'T want me to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
How is your sleep? Any improvement there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
As Wolfe's long distance partner in insomnia, I actually can answer that for ya: "No, not really".

Yep, she's right. We've been commiserating. I'm just hoping I can start to sleep before I got to where I don't know where I am like I did before. Don't need to be strolling around the base during an IDF attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I look forward to her next quoteworthy post.
Don't even THINK about it!

Wolfe I hope that is not actually the case. I would hate for you to have a serious setback now.
You and me both!

I join the others here in hoping the same thing. If you get more unkept promises you need to just come home. You should come home anyway because of the nightmares. You have done more than enough for the rest of us.
Like I said before, I won't have any choice. I tried again today to get out to my base, but the flight was cancelled. I really needed to see a doc earlier tonight, but that would have been a waste of time here. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to my base.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 15:47   #8227
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Like I said before, I won't have any choice. I tried again today to get out to my base, but the flight was cancelled. I really needed to see a doc earlier tonight, but that would have been a waste of time here. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to my base.
Safe travels Sweetheart, I hope all of us fit in the aircraft.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 11-20-2011 at 19:58..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:31   #8228
engineer151515

Bump

been too long without a bump.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:47   #8229
BobInTX

It doesn't mean we don't think about you all the time.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 13:37   #8230
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Happy Thanksgiving my friend!! Sure wish you were stateside so someone could be cooking you a full holiday meal...I'd love to have you join us for dinner!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 13:41   #8231
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Someone asked about Mandy recently, here’s a pic I took of her last night. She’s mad at me because she was trying to book herself on a flight back to the States without me and I stopped her. She’s gotten soggy and crushed a lot lately, and today she got stuffed in my pack yet again for yet another flight. It's a good thing my knives are still packed.
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Safe travels Sweetheart, I hope all of us fit in the aircraft.: grouphug:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
I didn’t see you guys on the chopper, unless you were in uniform. Some demons, namely Chest Pain rode front and center, though. At least my perfect record of never puking down the side of a Blackhawk is still intact, barely. The pain was bad enough to make me nauseous. I made it about 50 feet away after it landed………….

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Bump

been too long without a bump.
Oh, the things I could say.

Quote:

Thanks Bob. You’ll be happy to know that I got to my new base today, and I went right over to the base hospital after I dropped my gear in my temporary room. I really didn’t have a lot of choice after the aforementioned incident getting off the chopper. Someone had a Gator there, and drove me to my new room so I didn’t have to try to carry my gear again. Thank God for that.

So I found the base hospital, it’s small and not far at all from where I’m staying. I got into see a lady PA and explained my situation, and she started looking through my records. She told me that she’d already had a couple patients before me that had no business in a war zone (her words), but I was the worst yet. By far. She looked me over good, asked me some questions, then told me she didn’t know what all they would be able to do for me but that she’d get back to me. I asked her if she could revoke my medical clearance and she said she couldn’t, that only the doctor could. She said he wasn’t in when I was there, but that he’d see my record for sure. She seems pretty nice, and didn’t give me the bum’s rush out of her office. Plus she didn’t try telling me she was going to reduce my Fentanyl!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-22-2011, 13:59   #8232
BobInTX

Quote:
Someone asked about Mandy recently, here’s a pic I took of her last night. She’s mad at me because she was trying to book herself on a flight back to the States without me and I stopped her. She’s gotten soggy and crushed a lot lately, and today she got stuffed in my pack yet again for yet another flight. It's a good thing my knives are still packed.
Okie Memorial Area

I didn’t see you guys on the chopper, unless you were in uniform. Some demons, namely Chest Pain rode front and center, though. At least my perfect record of never puking down the side of a Blackhawk is still intact, barely. The pain was bad enough to make me nauseous. I made it about 50 feet away after it landed………….

Oh, the things I could say.

Thanks Bob. You’ll be happy to know that I got to my new base today, and I went right over to the base hospital after I dropped my gear in my temporary room. I really didn’t have a lot of choice after the aforementioned incident getting off the chopper. Someone had a Gator there, and drove me to my new room so I didn’t have to try to carry my gear again. Thank God for that.

So I found the base hospital, it’s small and not far at all from where I’m staying. I got into see a lady PA and explained my situation, and she started looking through my records. She told me that she’d already had a couple patients before me that had no business in a war zone (her words), but I was the worst yet. By far. She looked me over good, asked me some questions, then told me she didn’t know what all they would be able to do for me but that she’d get back to me. I asked her if she could revoke my medical clearance and she said she couldn’t, that only the doctor could. She said he wasn’t in when I was there, but that he’d see my record for sure. She seems pretty nice, and didn’t give me the bum’s rush out of her office. Plus she didn’t try telling me she was going to reduce my Fentanyl!
I can see you sure would like to come home, wouldn't you? I'm glad you got a sympathetic ear and not the brushoff. Do they have shrinks there?
Old 11-22-2011, 14:07   #8233
BobInTX

Quote:
Okie Memorial Area

One more step and you're going to think sore chest!!

Old 11-23-2011, 11:52   #8234
engineer151515

Turkey bump.

Ok - dancing broccoli bump.

Best wishes to you and all who serve to protect - especially those so far from home.

Last edited by engineer151515; 11-23-2011 at 14:16..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 14:14   #8235
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I'm glad you made it to your new base!
Old 11-23-2011, 14:44   #8236
BobInTX

Happy Thanksgiving, Wolfe!

I'm thankful you're alive and that you're my friend.
Old 11-23-2011, 15:29   #8237
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Happy Thanksgiving my friend!! Sure wish you were stateside so someone could be cooking you a full holiday meal...I'd love to have you join us for dinner!!
I'd be honored to have Thanksgiving dinner with you. Ironically in the past I spent a lot of my holidays alone. Maybe I won't do that as much when I get back Stateside.

Quote:
One more step and you're going to think sore chest!!

:rofl :
'THINK' sore chest??? Better try again.... 'KNOW' sore chest is more like it.

And I still have my knives hidden from Mandy.

Quote:

Turkey bump.

Ok - dancing broccoli bump.

supergrin:

Best wished to you and all who serve to protect - especially those so far from home.
Ooh baby!

Thank you. : hugs:

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I'm glad you made it to your new base!: grouphug:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
So am I, I think. My chest has a different opinion, but I won't repeat that here.

Quote:

Thanks, Bob. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too. I'm thankful that you're my friend too. I'm not sure I'm thankful to be alive....

A couple months back Zonny asked me to do a journal of sorts where I tried to come up with 5 things each day that I was thankful for. I had such a hard time that I could only come up with 3 or 4 at a time, and the things I picked were off the wall. Guess she agreed, she gave up after about a week. :-(

Quote:
I can see you sure would like to come home, wouldn't you? I'm glad you got a sympathetic ear and not the brushoff. Do they have shrinks there?
Yeah, I've been wondering what the hell my employer was thinking asking me to come back here, and what the hell I was thinking to agree. Even the management in Bagram wonders the same thing, I think.

They do have a combat stress councelor here, who will be my 'shrink' here. Hopefully I'll get to meet that person tomorrow or Friday. I was told the name, but couldn't tell if it's a male or female name. Not that it matters, as long as they give a damn about helping me.

I went back to the hospital today, my chest was throwing a fit. I ended up getting a needleful of Dilaudid to help the Fentanyl along. What a relief, wish it would never wear off. I also saw the doc here for the first time. So here’s the skinny. The lady PA that I met yesterday is going to be my regular ‘doc’. She’s going to handle all the day-to-day stuff with me, any breathing attacks and other issues I have. The read doctor will see me for anything she can’t handle, which she said isn’t much, and occasionally to check up on my progress. They’re also going to do an MRI soon to see if I’ve undone any of the repairs done previously. She’s concerned I might have, and so am I.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-23-2011, 16:29   #8238
BobInTX

That's good news on the medical front.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:13   #8239
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
::

I agree.

Quote:
I know the flight was painful but now that you are on your assigned base will you be able to stay there or will you still have to fly around? I wish it were not so painful for you but am glad you did not soil the helicopter.

Quote:
[
[SIZE=7]One more step and you're going to think sore chest!![]

Quote:
Best wishes to you and all who serve to protect - especially those so far from home.
I agree with you. Happy Thanksgiving Wolfe and everyone here.

Quote:

'm thankful that she has you for a friend.

Quote:
A couple months back Zonny asked me to do a journal of sorts where I tried to come up with 5 things each day that I was thankful for. I had such a hard time that I could only come up with 3 or 4 at a time, and the things I picked were off the wall. Guess she agreed, she gave up after about a week. :-(
What sort of things did you tell her?

They do have a combat stress councelor here, who will be my 'shrink' here. Hopefully I'll get to meet that person tomorrow or Friday. I was told the name, but couldn't tell if it's a male or female name. Not that it matters, as long as they give a damn about helping me.

I went back to the hospital today, my chest was throwing a fit. I ended up getting a needleful of Dilaudid to help the Fentanyl along. What a relief, wish it would never wear off. I also saw the doc here for the first time. So here’s the skinny. The lady PA that I met yesterday is going to be my regular ‘doc’. She’s going to handle all the day-to-day stuff with me, any breathing attacks and other issues I have. The read doctor will see me for anything she can’t handle, which she said isn’t much, and occasionally to check up on my progress. They’re also going to do an MRI soon to see if I’ve undone any of the repairs done previously. She’s concerned I might have, and so am I.
A PA should be able to handle the routine care that you need so I am comfortable with this. The things you have said so far make it sound like she has plenty of experience in caring for people who are still wounded but in a combat zone. I think she might be able to help you if she can give you the time you need.

I truly hope you have not reinjured yourself while traveling. You are already healing too slowly.

Quote:
I hope you are right.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:22   #8240
gyfgyf

Happy Thanksgiving LW.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 15:23   #8241
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I sure hope so. She does really come across like this isn't her first rodeo, and she also doesn't seem in a hurry to get rid of me. I ran into her as I was leaving the DFAC this afternoon and she asked how I was doing, and told me to rest and relax as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I know the flight was painful but now that you are on your assigned base will you be able to stay there or will you still have to fly around? I wish it were not so painful for you but am glad you did not soil the helicopter.
There should be very little travel required. I told my employer I couldn't do that, and my medical records back that up. I'm sure the flight crew is also glad I didn't do that on the chopper, too. Not to mention the other passengers!

I agree with you. Happy Thanksgiving Wolfe and everyone here.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, and to everyone in here.

A PA should be able to handle the routine care that you need so I am comfortable with this. The things you have said so far make it sound like she has plenty of experience in caring for people who are still wounded but in a combat zone. I think she might be able to help you if she can give you the time you need.
She seems like she might.

I truly hope you have not reinjured yourself while traveling. You are already healing too slowly.
Tell me about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Happy Thanksgiving LW.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to your and your's too.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-24-2011, 19:49   #8242
23skidoo
Deceased

Mandy at the DFAC today

Okie Memorial Area

Old 11-25-2011, 07:26   #8243
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
We had a candle at our Thanksgiving dinner. Lit to signify the soldier who couldn't be home with their family for their holiday meal. Our dinner prayer asked God to be with all soldiers, to keep them safe and bring them safely home to their families when their mission is complete.

I pray all soldiers, past and present, know how much my family appreciates them and what they do and have done to secure our freedom.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 15:06   #8244
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Mandy at the DFAC today

Okie Memorial Area

No wonder she was so chilled out until I squeezed her Thursday night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
We had a candle at our Thanksgiving dinner. Lit to signify the soldier who couldn't be home with their family for their holiday meal. Our dinner prayer asked God to be with all soldiers, to keep them safe and bring them safely home to their families when their mission is complete.

I pray all soldiers, past and present, know how much my family appreciates them and what they do and have done to secure our freedom.
Thank you for that, on behalf of all of us over here.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-26-2011, 15:13   #8245
engineer151515

Hi Princess.

How are you feeling today?

Need a foot rub?
Old 11-26-2011, 15:16   #8246
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hi Princess.

How are you feeling today?
Like someone....... oh, never mind. I'll just say I hurt like hell.

Need a foot rub?
Yes!!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-26-2011, 15:32   #8247
BobInTX

Old 11-26-2011, 16:21   #8248
engineer151515

Quote:
Yes!!
Oh my.

I think we heard this all the way to southern Alabama.

Over the roar of the Iron Bowl.

<<<< warms up hands.
Old 11-26-2011, 22:14   #8249
Glock26girl
G26, G19

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! So glad that you have a good PA!
Still praying for your safety and continued healing, Wolfe.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52   #8250
BobInTX

Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord;
Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
If you, Lord, kept a record of sins,
Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
and in his word I put my hope. (Psalm 130:1-5 NIV)

Last edited by BobInTX; 11-27-2011 at 09:55..

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!