GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:18   #6521
gyfgyf

I am next to Skidoo with a 9mm, an AK 47, a shoulder fired missile, a tank and some other and more lethal things. Then just to be sure, we will call in the air support.

I know this is an overkill since according to my wife, my crazy, angry Hungarian stare would pulverize that sh..t head.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:01   #6522
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
I am next to Skidoo with a 9mm, an AK 47, a shoulder fired missile, a tank and some other and more lethal things. Then just to be sure, we will call in the air support.

I know this is an overkill since according to my wife, my crazy, angry Hungarian stare would pulverize that sh..t head.

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
You're always welcome to mutilate demons with me my friend!
Old 01-07-2011, 16:40   #6523
sawgrass

Looks like Bob gave you a pretty good writing assignment!
You better get busy.

You could just tell the next person who wants you to lift or push
that you have worked your way past that. That's why we have
apprentices.

No need to worry LW. The lesson in this that I hope you will hear, is
that life is short at best and then as you know 'crap happens'. I just
hope that as you continue to untwist the wires and your real emotions
and feelings take over you will find a way to move forward. You as much
as anyone else deserves to be happy for the time spent on this earth.

Stranded wire is small wires twisted together to make a big wire.
If you untwist it, it falls apart. Solid wire is just that. One piece.

To the people who read this thread, two more of my friends died over
Christmas. One gentleman was a professor of mine and he dropped dead going through customs visiting his mother. He had a heart attack.

One of my collegues went out to clean some snow off of his roof with his
son and slipped off the ladder. He hit his head and died. His son administered
CPR, but it wasn't enough. I pray that this son doesn't somehow blame
himself for this tragedy. Guilt is useless.

It's tough as we get older and seemingly lose more and more people we
care about. It's especially tough to see people die before a ripe old age. Again the lesson is for the survivors. Life is for the living and we
aren't here very long. So today everyone, tell someone that you love them, give your SO an extra hug and a kiss and then do something that makes you
happy.
Old 01-07-2011, 17:14   #6524
23skidoo
Deceased

Sawgrass, my condolences my dear friend. Life is indeed, short. The analogy about the wire is a good one. Thank you.
Old 01-07-2011, 17:32   #6525
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sawgrass, my condolences my dear friend. Life is indeed, short. The analogy about the wire is a good one. Thank you.
Let's just hope yours untwist soon and you return to a life that you are
used to. I hope your therapy is going well.
Old 01-07-2011, 17:50   #6526
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Please Sweetheart,allow me to take care of the 'Good idea Fairy'."Batter Up!" Is a 10mm right behind the ear overkill? : iloveyou:
I don't care what caliber you use, neither will anyone else who's sick of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post

Thanks,
Gyfgyf
I can promise you that whichever one of you offs the Good Idea Fairy and has the body to prove it is going to be a very well loved by many, and probably rich, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
What your shrink told you is so good to know. Hang in there. I'll give you another exercise tomorrow. I can't do it on my iPhone.
Did you write more to God?
iPhones are great until you have to do a lot of typing, then I'd long for a good old keyboard. The only other thing I wrote to God was when you has mw write and ask hoim to forgive me for getting Greg killed. The was the letter that came out so disjointed it made no sense at all. I haven't posted that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Well, I guess we're just going to have to beat it into your head that you're not guilty and deserve to be happy.

Comebacks:

Oh, really? Do you have x-ray vision?

Yeah, I got real lazy after that run-in with the AK-47.

I just made a phone call to a friend of mine. When he gets here, stand in front of that wall and be real still while he shoots you in the chest. Then come back in two years and talk to me about moving this stuff.

You don't know what in the hell you're talking about.

Does the term **** off mean anything to you?

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Yeah, I'd like to help, but my union doesn't allow it.

Imagine you're in your office tomorrow and a crazy woman comes in and starts screaming at you "YOU did this to meeee!!". That's what's going to happen if I help you move this stuff.

If I help you, will you take me to the hospital afterwards?

Go on Glocktalk.com and read a thread called Lone_Wolfe. The same thing happened to me.

I'm sorry. You must have me confused with someone who gives a ****.

You don't have a clue who I am, do you?

I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.

I'm pregnant.

ETA: When my daughter was six months pregnant some of her male coworkers were *****ing because she wouldn't move 50 pound speakers.
The funniest ones here are the ones I'd never use because most everyone I work around has no clue I got shot and I prefer to keep it that way. I don't even tell that I can't do physical stuff if I have to. Kinda too bad, because "Yeah, I got real lazy after that run-in with the AK-47" was good for a chuckle.

"You don't have a clue who I am, do you?" would likely have gotten a response like "Just another slimey contractor, right?"

So that leaves "Does the term **** off mean anything to you?" or "I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid" or "Yeah, I'd like to help, but my union doesn't allow it" or maybe "I'm sorry. You must have me confused with someone who gives a ****". I'd have to rule out "I'm pregnant because I've gained a bunch of weight on the last couple of years and they'd believe me even though I'm too old.

I'll bet you'd enjoy "I just made a phone call to a friend of mine. When he gets here, stand in front of that wall and be real still while he shoots you in the chest. Then come back in two years and talk to me about moving this stuff", what caliber would you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
To the people who read this thread, two more of my friends died over
Christmas. One gentleman was a professor of mine and he dropped dead going through customs visiting his mother. He had a heart attack.

One of my collegues went out to clean some snow off of his roof with his
son and slipped off the ladder. He hit his head and died. His son administered
CPR, but it wasn't enough. I pray that this son doesn't somehow blame
himself for this tragedy. Guilt is useless.

care about. It's especially tough to see people die before a ripe old age. Again the lesson is for the survivors. Life is for the living and we
aren't here very long. So today everyone, tell someone that you love them, give your SO an extra hug and a kiss and then do something that makes you
happy.
I chopped off the rest of your post for the moment to focus on what you've been going through of late. I'll get to it and Bob's writing assignment later.

I just want to tell you how sorry I am for what you're going through losing all these people you care about. It salso tells me something that you care about so many people and can be hurt like this. I wish we here could take your pain away and share it among us. You are in prayers and so are the families of your lost friends.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:13   #6527
23skidoo
Deceased

Good evening Sweetheart! I hope you've had a great day!
Old 01-08-2011, 17:53   #6528
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

okie!!!!!!! You sweetheart!!!!
The mailman brought me something real tasty today from you...
Okie Memorial Area

Hey, what do I see sneaking out from under my blanket?!?!?! Mandy, you bad critter!

Quote:
Good evening Sweetheart! I hope you've had a great day!: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Well my shrink tried to shrink my head, my terrorist terrorized me, and my chest is still *****ing about all that aggrivation of the last couple days, and I've been having trouble breathing off and on all day. But I'm still this side of a tombstone, so at least some things are going right.

Quote:
Let's just hope yours untwist soon and you return to a life that you are
used to. I hope your therapy is going well.
I'm hoping his wires untwist themselves sometime soon, too. I'd have gone nuts if I couldn't use my arm for 6 months. Oh wait..... I AM nuts.

Quote:
Looks like Bob gave you a pretty good writing assignment!
You better get busy.

You could just tell the next person who wants you to lift or push
that you have worked your way past that. That's why we have
apprentices.

No need to worry LW. The lesson in this that I hope you will hear, is
that life is short at best and then as you know 'crap happens'. I just
hope that as you continue to untwist the wires and your real emotions
and feelings take over you will find a way to move forward. You as much
as anyone else deserves to be happy for the time spent on this earth.

Stranded wire is small wires twisted together to make a big wire.
If you untwist it, it falls apart. Solid wire is just that. One piece.

happy.
Yep, he did. But then I guess I asked for it, didnít I? I canít concentrate enough to begin today, but plan to tomorrow. Yeah, I could have told that guy what you suggested. Of course some of Bobís comebacks were hilarious. The one about making a call and he could go stand by the wall and get shot still has me chuckling. Makes me think of what I say when some moron asks me what itís like to get shot. ďHand me your gun and stand still, Iíll show youĒ.

At first when I read your comment about stranded wire I was thinking that solid would be easier to sort out and remove, but you may have a point about stranded being easier to untwist. What Iím hearing from it all is my shrink thinks thereís a chance that I wonít always be psychotic. He seems to think mental illnesses like psychosis are much like other illnesses that you can recover completely from. He said the PTSD would actually be more likely to be with me, possibly for the rest of my life. Still, I can deal with it if I can just get to the point where I understand whatís real and whatís not. I donít expect Iíll even be happy in the conventional sense, but I just want to find what I would consider happiness.

I know youíve gotten a painful lesson in life recently, and right now itís making me thing about Greg and how he was too young to die. One minute in good health and the next minute, gone. So Iím sitting here staring at the screen trying to sort out what I want to say and having no luck. Maybe itís the messed up head, or maybe itís the meds, but nothing has been very clear in my head today. Iíll try again later. I do agree with telling people that are important to you how you feel about them while you have the chance. We just never know. Iíve seen that for myself several times in my life.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-08-2011, 18:19   #6529
sawgrass

Maybe we make solid wire a goal. Once the strands are untwisted we
end up with a handfull of solid wire. I guess then they remain for us to
do as we please...very manageable.

LW I have discovered one of lifes's pleasures today.
Moose Drool made in Montana. Good beer, perfect after
a day of shoveling and a no heat call for a friend.

I sometimes think about age and death. I sometimes think about
circumstance and death. Lately I mostly think that death is unpredictable
leaving us to determine that we have choices in how we live and what we
want to do with what we would like to believe we have left.
I think that leaves a small window with little room for negotiation.
We have right now...I wish for us all to make wise choices for the future
and to have the ability to live in the moment.

Do something that makes you happy...!
Old 01-08-2011, 22:20   #6530
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

I really like to read your posts Sawgrass.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 00:58   #6531
okie
GT Mayor

Love you and get well quickly sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:28   #6532
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
So do I.

Quote:
Good evening Sweetheart! I hope you've had a great day!::
I hope the same thing for you today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

I'm hoping his wires untwist themselves sometime soon, too. I'd have gone nuts if I couldn't use my arm for 6 months. Oh wait..... I AM nuts.

Yep, he did. But then I guess I asked for it, didnít I? I canít concentrate enough to begin today, but plan to tomorrow. Yeah, I could have told that guy what you suggested. Of course some of Bobís comebacks were hilarious. The one about making a call and he could go stand by the wall and get shot still has me chuckling. Makes me think of what I say when some moron asks me what itís like to get shot. ďHand me your gun and stand still, Iíll show youĒ.

At first when I read your comment about stranded wire I was thinking that solid would be easier to sort out and remove, but you may have a point about stranded being easier to untwist. What Iím hearing from it all is my shrink thinks thereís a chance that I wonít always be psychotic. He seems to think mental illnesses like psychosis are much like other illnesses that you can recover completely from. He said the PTSD would actually be more likely to be with me, possibly for the rest of my life. Still, I can deal with it if I can just get to the point where I understand whatís real and whatís not. I donít expect Iíll even be happy in the conventional sense, but I just want to find what I would consider happiness.

I know youíve gotten a painful lesson in life recently, and right now itís making me thing about Greg and how he was too young to die. One minute in good health and the next minute, gone. So Iím sitting here staring at the screen trying to sort out what I want to say and having no luck. Maybe itís the messed up head, or maybe itís the meds, but nothing has been very clear in my head today. Iíll try again later. I do agree with telling people that are important to you how you feel about them while you have the chance. We just never know. Iíve seen that for myself several times in my life.
Wolfe I'm jealous. That chocolate looks very good.

I like to hear that your shrink thinks your prognosis is good. You are working in the right direction and need to keep it up. Recently you seem to be getting closer to being able to understand your thoughts and feelings a little better and that is what you need. The times when you get to where you think you don't understand anything is not a setback but just need to try again later. Keep talking to us and your shrink and you will beat this.

sawgrass you are in my thoughts and prayers right now too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:45   #6533
sawgrass

Quote:

Thanks Magnus2131. I've been wondering about you. Where in the heck have
you been?

The Arizona shootings have me thinking about how some died and some didn't. Then I started thinking about Greg and LW. He died and somehow against the odds LW didn't. I understand that it can be broken down scientifically, but in all honesty is feels like 'luck' plays a role in who survives.

Regardless I'm going to maintain that life is for the living, and we should try
and do just that. Live as well as we can, while we can.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46   #6534
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Sawgrass, I am so sorry for your loss...it doesn't seem to let up, does it?! Prayers for you and for the families of the lost.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:02   #6535
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Sawgrass, I am so sorry for your loss...it doesn't seem to let up, does it?! Prayers for you and for the families of the lost.
I can't imagine how the family of the man who slipped off the ladder feels.
I think I would have a hard time living in that house. You don't expect to
go outside for a household task and never walk back in. My heart breaks for
his son who was out there with him. I don't think I mentioned it before but
this man was a paramedic and a teacher. The irony that he died as a result
of a simple accident at his own house is sickening. He had a life dedicated to
helping other people. There isn't any sense to be made of it...

The other teacher who dropped from a heart attack was fit, non-smoker, succesful,single, happy...again no rhyme nor reason....both men 50ish.

I'm sure their families can use the prayers. Thank you.
Old 01-09-2011, 13:28   #6536
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
you been?

The Arizona shootings have me thinking about how some died and some didn't. Then I started thinking about Greg and LW. He died and somehow against the odds LW didn't. I understand that it can be broken down scientifically, but in all honesty is feels like 'luck' plays a role in who survives.

I've been wondering about Magnus, too. Hope things are going good for you, Magnus, I've missed you.

The AZ shootings have been on my mind all day, in part because I'm from her district and had even met her during a campaign. She was really nice, although she could tell I supported her opponent. I don't doubt that luck has a part in who survives, but I strongly believe there's more to it than that. Way too steep of odds and way too many coincidences to keep me here for just luck.

And I'm working on the live as well as I can while I can part. I know you are too, and I'm with you in spirit, my friend.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-09-2011, 14:11   #6537
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
you been?

Just dealing with a couple things and there are times when I just have to step away from certain activities. I tend to show off my bad attitude.
I'm so sorry about the recent losses in your life. I truly believe that the ones that have died are reaping special rewards in the after life. They are better off then we think. Those of us that are still around have a purpose in life yet that is unknown. Why do people like Lone_Wolfe suffer? I don't know. I grew up Catholic and I noted that all the saints suffered greatly. I don't believe we will ever know the answer until we die but believe there is a great reward for these people in heaven.
Old 01-09-2011, 14:13   #6538
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
I've been wondering about Magnus, too. Hope things are going good for you, Magnus, I've missed you.

The AZ shootings have been on my mind all day, in part because I'm from her district and had even met her during a campaign. She was really nice, although she could tell I supported her opponent. I don't doubt that luck has a part in who survives, but I strongly believe there's more to it than that. Way too steep of odds and way too many coincidences to keep me here for just luck.

And I'm working on the live as well as I can while I can part. I know you are too, and I'm with you in spirit, my friend.
I've missed you too!
Old 01-09-2011, 17:27   #6539
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you and get well quickly sweetheart: smootchie:: hugs:
Love you too, okie, that chocolate is delicious!

Quote:
I've missed you too! : hugs:

Quote:
Just dealing with a couple things and there are times when I just have to step away from certain activities. I tend to show off my bad attitude.
I'm so sorry about the recent losses in your life. I truly believe that the ones that have died are reaping special rewards in the after life. They are better off then we think. Those of us that are still around have a purpose in life yet that is unknown. Why do people like Lone_Wolfe suffer? I don't know. I grew up Catholic and I noted that all the saints suffered greatly. I don't believe we will ever know the answer until we die but believe there is a great reward for these people in heaven.
I can sure understand having to step away at times. There's times I come in here and just have to stop before I say something I shouldn't.

I know the saints suffered greatly and still did a lot of good in the world, but I hope you're not comparing me to any saint. I'm too much of a sinner. Way too much of a sinner. I still hope I get some kind of reward in heaven, because I feel like I've been through hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I think we'll all be praying for sawgrass for a while. It just blows my mind that there were so many in such a short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I like to hear that your shrink thinks your prognosis is good. You are working in the right direction and need to keep it up. Recently you seem to be getting closer to being able to understand your thoughts and feelings a little better and that is what you need. The times when you get to where you think you don't understand anything is not a setback but just need to try again later. Keep talking to us and your shrink and you will beat this.
It's wierd that a lot of time lately I feel like I understand even less that I have been able to, but my shrink says that's actually me being more aware of it. Like 'knowing I don't know'.

Quote:

I like the idea of being able to just pull out all the crap that's wired wrong in my head. My luck though, we'll pull out the stuff that's wired right!

Wise choices for the future and living for the moment is a good goal. It's one I've always tried to reach, but don't always succeed.

Something that would make me happy would be tipping a Moose Drool with you, That's good beer!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 01-10-2011, 00:06   #6540
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:

I like the idea of being able to just pull out all the crap that's wired wrong in my head. My luck though, we'll pull out the stuff that's wired right!
I have the funniest mental image of someone giving pointers to an EOD tech... "O.K., cut that wire... And that one... WAIT! Not that red wire- You'll leave her drooling on herself!"

Seriously though, with the wiring analogy you have to remember that our personality and psyche are such complex, interwoven things, that there is redundancy on the critical circuits. What you have is just a little short that needs to get run to ground...

Man, my brain is in a weird place just now- It occurred to me that if you were a software person, rather than networking, we'd do some diagnostic prints until we isolated the faulty logic... How would that play out in real life? Someone would keep writing little notes to them-self, at seemingly random points to an external observer: "I'm fine." "Yep. I'm still good." "Here I am, and I'm O.K."

Hmm.... Maybe that's not such a bad idea, at that...

Speaking of random dumb luck, and timing... A friendly acquaintance of mine is a tree guy. He agreed to help a buddy and buddy's Dad out with a tree at their place. So he was up in the tree working on a limb. Of course his crew know full well to stay clear of the guy in the tree, but buddy's Dad apparently wasn't as dialed in to that... The guy I know dropped down a wedge he was done with, and his buddy's Dad just happened to pick that moment in time to walk underneath... Hit him in the head, and he died.

It's got my friend twisted up pretty bad, from what I hear. Talk about the "what-ifs" there... And just like your bullet, or Greg's, just a foot any given direction- A fraction of a second as someone is moving through space- And the ending becomes completely different.

But I guess somewhere there must be balance in the universe for all the lucky/karmic-ly blessed folks that have a car miss them by inches, or a bullet go through their sleeve?

I sometimes struggle with trying to figure out where Luck ends and Karma begins... At the end of the day, I'm not sure we're meant to know, really. It just is.

Having been in a couple bike accidents that totaled the bike, but left me "looking at the grass from the green side, instead of the roots," I've also struggled at times with that "What was my Luck, here?" Was I lucky because I missed hitting that light pole by a foot while I was airborne at 40 miles an hour, or was I unlucky that some chick who hadn't slept enough the night before just happened to be right next to me when she made that left turn that took my bike one way and left me going airborne in something approximating my prior direction of travel?

Was 4 months of being an invalid, and a lifetime of back pain lucky? Beats the alternative, though, and that's really what it comes down to...

Whether karma/God/dumb fecking luck was on our side or not, we are where we are, the situation is what it is, and our mission is to move forward from that.

(And it's a good reminder to always try to be gentle, to the extent we can manage, with our fellow travelers on this road, because you never know what someone is dealing with inside, or in their daily life, that may not be readily apparent... And worst case scenario, you never know when you might need to cash in just a bit of that karmic credit to help you miss a light pole, or catch a round in a trauma plate...)

Sigh... I was supposed to be working on taxes... Oops.

Nighty night, fellow sinner.
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!