^^^^^yes and Magnum too!

Last edited by sawgrass; 11-25-2010 at 09:53.. Reason: spelling
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:43   #6062
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that NotsoaLone_Wolfe is still here with us. I'm thanful for Saltgrass, POkie, 23Skidoo&Tylertoo, BoobInTx, Silent_Killer, engineer45, Georgous & all the others.
Silent_Killer! Well I guess that was better than Silent_but_Deadly!

I'm also thankful for all of you who come in here to talk to Wolfe and encourage her and get her talking. I'm also very thankful for Wolfe herself and the fact that she is alive today against some incredible odds. We have not always been close friends but that never stopped her from being there when I needed her the most. I'm more thankful for someone like that than a tea party buddy anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I remember the days when five hours of sleep for you seemed to be the impossible dream. I am so happy for you Sweetheart; your outlook on your future and the promise that future holds are truly a joy to behold. One day you will stand atop that mountain that blocked yor line of sight for what seemed an eternity; on that day, your demons will hang their head in shame and start that long journey back to Hell to inform their master they have failed. You finally have a psychiatrist you trust enough to talk to and that in itself is a blessing. I am overjoyed at your progress to date. Squeeze free hugs my dear, ::
I remember when any sleep not under anesthesia was an impossible dream. For a time it seemed that you would lose you battle with that as part of the reason. You have come so far and although you have a long way to go you are making progress and we are enjoying watching and being part of it. I hope to watch your demons on their trip to hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:06   #6063
sawgrass

Wolfe you're quiet today...I hope you're too full to want to talk.
Then I thought maybe you are just feeling like reflecting today.

It's 7 degrees out and I'm working on my hides. I wish you were here
to hang out in the garage with me. I can see this being something
you would enjoy talking about. I have all of the hair off, and am working
on the underside. I'm about to take them outside and rub them on a tree
to continue to clean them. I think the Indians used trees and a creek
for this process.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:09   #6064
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Happy Thanksgiving Day LW!
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:25   #6065
gyfgyf

Happy Thanksgiving LW.

Gyfgyf
gyfgyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 13:06   #6066
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Wish you were here!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 14:56   #6067
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
Wish you were here!!!!
I wish I was there too, you handsome devil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyfgyf View Post
Happy Thanksgiving LW.

Gyfgyf
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Day LW! : wavey:
Same to you, my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Wolfe you're quiet today...I hope you're too full to want to talk.
Then I thought maybe you are just feeling like reflecting today.

It's 7 degrees out and I'm working on my hides. I wish you were here
to hang out in the garage with me. I can see this being something
you would enjoy talking about. I have all of the hair off, and am working
on the underside. I'm about to take them outside and rub them on a tree
to continue to clean them. I think the Indians used trees and a creek
for this process.
Not to full, just been kind od busy and you're right, reflecting a little bit. It's been a long road and I can't even see the end of it yet. The good thing is I'm not at the beginning of it either, although sometimes I think I am. But the real beginning of the road is when that medic was mashing on my damn chest, as he put it. I know I can't go back to that and still be alive, so I got to keep moving forward.

7 degrees!!!! Damn, that's cold! My chest is *****ing from just reading that. I hope that garage I'm going to hang out in is heated. I'll bet the hides are starting to look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Happy Thanksgiving, sweetheart, here is another bowl of soup for you, honey: smootchie:: hugs:
Okie, I'll bet that soup tastes way better than today's dinner did. They had the whole spread out, but it wasn't very good this year. Of well, can't win 'em all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Happy Thankgiving Everyone!
This thread is filled with people and events to be thankful for.
LW this one is for you: hugs: and this one is for Bob.
Especially people like you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 17:13   #6068
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilverthor View Post
Happy Thanksgiving LW, hope you get to enjoy a nice meal at the DFAC. (Yes, a contradiction I know)
Yeah, that was a contradiction, but your post gave me something to laugh about. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Silent_Killer!: rofl::r ofl: Well I guess that was better than Silent_but_Deadly!: rofl:

I'm also thankful for all of you who come in here to talk to Wolfe and encourage her and get her talking. I'm also very thankful for Wolfe herself and the fact that she is alive today against some incredible odds. We have not always been close friends but that never stopped her from being there when I needed her the most. I'm more thankful for someone like that than a tea party buddy anytime.
I think Silent_But_Deadly fits, and I've been around you.

I'm thankful for your friendship, too. Like you said, we haven't been the closest of friends, but I'm the kind of person who tried to help someone that needs it and you are too. I'll never forget what you've done for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I thought about the nuts just the other day. I see you're still a bad girl!

One of these days you are going to oversleep and be late to work. Are you still going in to sleep?

I think we"ll just borrow the neighbor's cat for a while. It's kind of like grandkids; you can send them home!
Good. You remember those nuts next time you want to give me a hard time about something.

Hey, I hope I do oversleep one of these days, then the next day too. I'm in my room last night and tonight. My doc wants me to keep track of how much I sleep and see if this cocktail I'm on will do the trick. I'm waiting for them to take effect now, actually have been for a while.

Cats are more fun when there home is your home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Lone...the one thing I am mostly thankful for is the men and women of our armed forces. You and others like you have given of yourself to allow the rest of us the right/freedom to celebrate the holidays without fear. Love ya my friend. Please have a wonderful day, and realize we are all there with you in spirit. You own a piece of my heart...please treat it gently, and allow yourself to heal so we can all marvel at the wonder of our gratious God!

Bless you, Lone!
Thak you my friend, and please know that my piece of your heart will be treated with love and car. It means that much to me.

This is what I posted for Thanksgiving last year, although I actually put it up a couple days late. I decided to revisit it and look at whatís changed and whatís still the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Well folks, Thanksgiving Day is at an end for me. Last year on this day I was in Bagram thinking it would be a rather boring year. Little did I know that in just 2 weeks my world would be rocked and life as I knew it then would be over. I would spend Christmas, New Years, and even Valentineís Day in a hospital far away. I would end up in Baghdad. My memories of Christmas and New Years are almost nonexistent because I was so heavily sedated. But Iím thinking that for all that I have lost I know I still have a lot to be thankful for..

First and foremost has to be that fact that Iím still alive. That in itself is something of a miracle. I have a chance to get better, to beat these demons that own my head right now. I have the chance to give something back to some of you here in some kind of way. Sometimes the physical pain is still so bad I want to curl up and cry and wish I was dead. But I have to be thankful for the fact that I am capable of having pain, because thereís only one way I wouldnít have it right now.

Iím thankful that I finally have a doctor whoís giving me a real chance to recover. I know I pretty much lost about 6 months of recovery time and I'm just now back to where I was around April, but now I think I'm finally free of the bad reaction to the drugs and can start progressing. It will just take longer than it should have, but we all know, better late than never. Iím also thankful that he kept me here instead of sending me home. This way Iím avoiding VA issues for as long as possible and just may be able to be recovered to work at least in some capacity when I get back.

Iím thankful that my family is all still around, even though we arenít really close. I know I donít talk much about my family in here, they prefer not to know stuff like whatís happening in my life right now. They would rather have the illusion that all is well and it was just a scratch, and itís much easier on me to allow them that. Especially my Mother, whoís in poor health herself and doesnít need the added worry.

Iím also thankful for the progress Iíve made so far is dealing with the demons in my head.. Apparently accepting that I almost died was important to me on a subconscious level, because although I thought I didnít care it owned my nightmares for months. Iím also thankful that my shrink told me the other day that my doctor was right about it being a reaction to the meds I was on that caused my psychosis. Among other things it means she wonít try again to put me back on that crap. It also means weíre on the same page in other areas finally. I still donít like or trust her, but I work with what I have.

Iím thankful for people like Zonny whoís torments me with the cookies she wants to send me, along with Mandy and the robe I already have. And others who have sent me a couple things and the many of you who have offered and been declined. Even if I decline your generosity is still appreciated because you donít owe me a thing yet you reach out to me with kindness.

Iím extremely thankful for all of you here and the time and thoughtfulness youíve shown me in taking the time to write me and advise me, encourage me, help me sort things out, and point out when Iím thinking wrong. I know Iím doing lots of that. You all have heard me say this before, but itís important to me. What you people are doing in here is helping me more than the shrinks who get paid to help me. I really owe you all something.

Iíve thought of a couple other things but didnít get them written down before they slipped my mind, and Iím out of time for tonight so theyíll have to wait.

Iím also thankful that itís knock-out night and that my doc does that for me since Iím still not sleeping on my off nights. Good Night! : wavey:
Itís now close to 2 years since that day in Afghanistan when the life that I knew then ended and a new one began. The new one hasnít been easy or fun, but itís been full of things to be thankful for in with all the bad things. Iíve finally gotten to the point where when I say Iím glad Iím alive Iím not always paying lip service. Iím also thankful that my survival put me in a position to save someone elseís life last summer. Iím very thankful Skidoo is still with us and recovering from his stroke, although too slowly. I would have been thankful for the chance to save anyoneís life, but Skidoo is a special person.

At this time last year Iíd just come to terms with having almost died. My subconscious was a lot more concerned about that than I thought I was, and I had to face it and deal with it for that reason. Iíve moved beyond that to the other issues my mind has to work out before it can really heal, and they seem more complicates and to be taking longer. Iím thankful I was able to get one issue out of the way, at least.

I talked about the pain being so bad all I could do was lay there and cry, and in reality I still feel close to the same amount of pain as I did then. Sometimes itís so bad I canít move or breathe. The difference if that my pain meds arenít as strong as they were last year. Sure, theyíre still mega-strong, and would put most people in la-la land, but milder than a year ago. I still take my max dose Oxy twice a day, but I donít take the add-ons every day anymore. I thankful that I have a doc last year who cared enough about me to take over my care, keep me over here, and stay himself, when he could have gone home and left me to another doc who might or might not have cared as much. I know that my recovery has gone slower and taken a lot longer than we all thought, but both my doc, physical terrorist and shrink say Iím making progress. As long as that progress doesnít stop, Iíll keep getting better. Theyíre worried that if it stops for long at all after all this time that it might not start again. Iím also thankful that I have a shrink I can talk to without feeling like I need to claw his face off. I know I wrote last year that I was finally free of the effects of the drug reactions, but that turned out to not be the case. Iím still dealing with that, and have no way to know if or when Iíll ever really be free of that.

Iím still very thankful for Zonnyís friendship, plus Bob, saw grass, Brown Hawk, Skidoo, Geeorge, Magnus, okie, engineer, faa and wayyyyyyy more than I can type out here. My fingers get sore just thinking of everyone who deserves a mention here. Iím grateful to you and for you all. Youíve all made such a difference in my life and Iíll never forget it. Iím thankful for those of you who have come and gone, leaving behind words of kindness and wisdom, those of you who came around more recently, and especially those of you who have stuck around even though at times you must wonder if Iím worth it and if Iím ever going to get better. Iím still thankful for Mandy, whoís fur has gotten dingy from the tears and the squeezes, but sheís still always there for me to get soaked and squeezed again. Iím just glad Zonny chose the claw-free version.

Oh, and one thing I thought of several months ago. Iím also thankful that engineer is backing up this thread so I can go back and read all those posts Geeorge deleted back in February.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-25-2010, 19:07   #6069
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Let's hope your next year is the best one yet.
Old 11-25-2010, 22:07   #6070
BobInTX

Thanks for reposting that, Wolfe. It really seems weird talking about your knockout nights now. It feels like ancient history.

You will beat this.

That's good news about some of your baseline markers improving on your PT. Hopefully those steroid soft pillow chest taps helped, even though you had some scary side effects from them. Keep working hard.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:24   #6071
okie
GT Mayor

Love you and get well soon, sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:42   #6072
jilverthor

Send a message via AIM to jilverthor Send a message via Yahoo to jilverthor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Yeah, that was a contradiction, but your post gave me something to laugh about. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
Thanks LW, and just be glad you had it the first time around. I got to enjoy the Thanksgiving meal at Mid-Rats, joy that it was. We did however have a statue of two dolphins saying "Happy Thanksgiving" (I wanted "so long and thanks for all the fish"). Having said all of that, there were several things to be thankful for so it was a good day.

Jeff
jilverthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:17   #6073
23skidoo
Deceased

I was sorry to hear your Thamksgiving meal meal left something to be desired; I suspect you had dinner with a lot of GT'ers yesterday in spirit. You were with me at my friends house and we ate like royalty. Squeeze free hugs Sweetheart.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:15   #6074
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I was sorry to hear your Thamksgiving meal meal left something to be desired; I suspect you had dinner with a lot of GT'ers yesterday in spirit. You were with me at my friends house and we ate like royalty. Squeeze free hugs Sweetheart. : hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
If the food was so good and I was there why couldn't I taste it.

And it's a good thing I don't get the calories from all the meals I shared with GT'ers in spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyjacket
Let's hope your next year is the best one yet.
Thank you, I like that idea. But if I can't have my best yet yet I'll settle for better that the last two.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-26-2010, 13:02   #6075
engineer151515

Quote:
.........engineer45.....
Fifteen times three. Fourty five.

very nice.

engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 16:42   #6076
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Fifteen times three. Fourty five.

very nice.

: cool:: wavey:
Only an engineer could truly appreciate that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilverthor View Post
Thanks LW, and just be glad you had it the first time around. I got to enjoy the Thanksgiving meal at Mid-Rats, joy that it was. We did however have a statue of two dolphins saying "Happy Thanksgiving" (I wanted "so long and thanks for all the fish"). Having said all of that, there were several things to be thankful for so it was a good day.

Jeff
OK, I take back all the bad things I said about Thanksgiving at the DFAC here. Glad you enjoyed the day in spite of.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you and get well soon, sweetheart: smootchie:: hearts:: hugs:
Thank you okie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I remember when any sleep not under anesthesia was an impossible dream. For a time it seemed that you would lose you battle with that as part of the reason. You have come so far and although you have a long way to go you are making progress and we are enjoying watching and being part of it. I hope to watch your demons on their trip to hell.
I really thought I would for a good while too. At times I just wondered why it was taking me so long to die. Looking back at that I can see how that part is a ways behind me. Sometimes I still think that, but not near so much as even 6 months ago.

And you only want to WATCH the demons on their trip to hell? I thought you wanted to take your bat and personally help them get there faster.

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that NotsoaLone_Wolfe is still here with us. I'm thanful for Saltgrass, POkie, 23Skidoo&Tylertoo, BoobInTx, Silent_Killer, engineer45, Georgous & all the others.
I'm still laughing at these names, plus the list of names BobInFear came up with for me. Geeorgeous might have something to say about being called that by a man..... So I'll call him that instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Thanks for reposting that, Wolfe. It really seems weird talking about your knockout nights now. It feels like ancient history.

You will beat this.

That's good news about some of your baseline markers improving on your PT. Hopefully those steroid soft pillow chest taps helped, even though you had some scary side effects from them. Keep working hard.
Yeah, I can say I don't miss the needles in my arm every other night, but I do kind of miss being out for that long. It wasn't real sleep in the sense of dreams though, and that caused other problems when I didn't sleep at all on my off nights. The one thing my recent nights have in common is that I had to sleep at the hospital again for a little while, but maybe I'm done with that now. That's wishful thinking, because my doc said he thinks he'll have to fine-tune my cocktail some after I adjust to it and he'll likely want me watched.

I've made it this far and you folks have put too much into it for me not to keep pushing now, so I think you're right. I won't ever be what and who I was 2 years ago, but I'll be better then I am today.

My doc and terrorist both said the improvements are a result of the steroid injections. Right now I've gotten to the point that the injections are starting to 'wear off', so I'm not getting quite the tightness and as many breathing attacks, but am still getting some strength benefits. I think he's going going to give me another set of injections in about another months or so, but he's pretty worried about the time I stopped breathing. He reversed himself yesterday and said that now he thinks I haven't been doing that other times, then restarting on my own. He decided that after I've gone in there several times since for even mild attacks like he wants me to. I just hope I don't lose ground after the effects of the steroids wear off.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-26-2010, 16:54   #6077
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Keep hanging in there Sweetie!
You are an inspiration, a true real life Wonder Woman!

Still looking for those pics!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 17:08   #6078
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Wonder if I could send mahself freight as a care package

daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 19:29   #6079
sawgrass

LW I thought about you a lot today and much of our previous conversation.
The hides are coming along. Very labor intensive. I have about 10 hrs of
hand scraping into them...I wish you restful sleep 'now'.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:21   #6080
okie
GT Mayor

Get well quickly and I love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!