Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-24-2010, 13:08   #6041
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Are you sure? You don't sound very sure about that. J/K. Of course you shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed. You're not guilty, either. Greg just tagged along on that convoy. He wasn't even an assigned part of that convoy. Just a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or as I have said before, the right guy in the right place at the right time. To save you, that is. If it hadn't been your convoy, it might have been a later one, with Greg on it, and might have had the same result. How did the Afghanis know you were coming? There had to be other units traveling that road. Would you have felt guilty when another unit got attacked after hitting that IED, that it should have been your IED? Would you feel guilty that you didn't take the convoy?

Yes, it just is. Be sorry, but you're not guilty.
Trust me, you try laying on the ground with your chest crushed by a bullet and see if being embarrassed is the last thing on your mind. Even knowing the medic had to cut all the clothes off my chest to work on me doesn't faze me. Not that I was even aware of it while it was happening.....

How did the Afghani's know we were coming? Probably someone near the base that saw us leave sent up smoke signals. I would guess they contacted people along our likely routes to lay for us. I highly doubt I'd have known if another convoy hit that IED, and I'm almost sure I wouldn't have known it happened on the route I would have been on.

I know I'll always be sorry all this happened, I'm working on the guilty part. I want to believe.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 13:10   #6042
GamerGirl
100% Relevant

Happy Thanksgiving to one of my heros!

When I do it I'm "wasted" and "have to leave Home Depot immediately"
GamerGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 14:21   #6043
23skidoo
Deceased

It will be Thursday in Iraq in less than one hour; Happy Thanksgiving my love, please take care and I hope your meal tomorrow is outstanding.
Old 11-24-2010, 15:22   #6044
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-24-2010, 15:42   #6045
sawgrass

Yea...will they feed you well?
Do you like turkey? Skidoo do you know how to make cornbread dressing?

Wolfe Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2010, 16:31   #6046
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post

If I had a recipe, I would give it the old Ditch Pickle try my friend.
Old 11-24-2010, 17:00   #6047
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
It will be Thursday in Iraq in less than one hour; Happy Thanksgiving my love, please take care and I hope your meal tomorrow is outstanding.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
It's now 1AM, so Happy Thanksgiving from Iraq to everyone who pops in here, friends and foes alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to one of my heros!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Happy Thanksgiving
Same to you, my friend.

Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving, Wolfe: cat:, and all of my GT friends.
Same back to you, my friend. I hope you all have a great day.

Quote:

The midday meal will be the best spread of the year, and pretty good if last year is any indication. We'll have turkey and all the trimmings, steamhip, prime rib (yummmmm), plus more sides that I can fit on my plate. I'll waddle back to my CHU trying not to explode.

Skidoo's cornbread dressing, hmmmmmmmmmm, that sounds good.

A very happy Thanks giving to you and S. too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Agreed. Start living the life that was given to you to the fullest. Make him proud.
I'm doing my best to do that. I think all of you are making him proud too, all the American people that he fought and died for coming together to help one of his own.

And I think I'm finally off to a start, even though I have a ways to go .

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart, and I hope you get well soon: smootchie:: hugs:
Thanks okie, I hope I do, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
LW,

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and remember that you have a lot to be thankful for, life, job, a whole message board that cares for you, good medical care, a painful but effective terrorist, a cat that watches over you and God's love. : angel: : hugs:
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

I know I haven't alway been thankful I still have my life, but because of all the other things you mention I'm starting to. With out all those things I don't think I'd even be alive still, let alone glad I am. Oh, and we can't forget my shrink too. He was commenting today about all of you and how he's glad to have you helping, each in your own way.

On the subject of a painful but effective terrorist, he commented yesterday that my resistance when he pushes my arms is getting a little stronger, and my range of motion has improved. Now he hopes my chest expansion will start to improve, so these breathing attacks will quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I too, would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. My internet connections can be sporadic while at home so let me fit this in now. I would like you to know that you are one of this GT family's most cherished blessings. I speak for the group to tell you how grateful we are to have a measure of friendship with you, to be of service to you while at the same time taking strength from the courage and fortitude you show each and every day. We are both blessed and thankful for you. Have a wonderful holiday.

-eng151515
I hope you have a great holiday yourself, my dear friend. When you come in here and talk to me you have a way of touching my heart and bringing a tear to my eye, and I do mean the good kind of tears.

I value the friends I've found in here more than you know and someday hope to say thank you in person for being the people and friends you are. I'm very blessed and thankful for you, too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-24-2010, 17:06   #6048
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Trust me, you try laying on the ground with your chest crushed by a bullet and see if being embarrassed is the last thing on your mind. Even knowing the medic had to cut all the clothes off my chest to work on me doesn't faze me. Not that I was even aware of it while it was happening.....

How did the Afghani's know we were coming? Probably someone near the base that saw us leave sent up smoke signals. I would guess they contacted people along our likely routes to lay for us. I highly doubt I'd have known if another convoy hit that IED, and I'm almost sure I wouldn't have known it happened on the route I would have been on.

I know I'll always be sorry all this happened, I'm working on the guilty part. I want to believe.
I was just giving you a hard time about the being sure part. I don't think it hurt for you to examine those questions, though. Now I know what you knew already. I hope you're not mad at me because of it.

That's interesting about how they could have known. I didn't think about that.

On this day that we give thanks (your time now) I'm thankful that there are people like you and Greg and the thousands of other service people who put their lives on the line for us. We sleep better at night knowing that. I just wish some of that could rub off on you so you could sleep too.

I hope you have some good chow today.

BTW, We found out today that the tuxedo cat belongs to our neighbor. She said that he likes to spend more time in our yard than hers. She can't understand why he hasn't been eating lately.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 17:17   #6049
BobInTX

A prayer of Thanksgiving

Psalm 100

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Old 11-24-2010, 22:04   #6050
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Lone...the one thing I am mostly thankful for is the men and women of our armed forces. You and others like you have given of yourself to allow the rest of us the right/freedom to celebrate the holidays without fear. Love ya my friend. Please have a wonderful day, and realize we are all there with you in spirit. You own a piece of my heart...please treat it gently, and allow yourself to heal so we can all marvel at the wonder of our gratious God!

Bless you, Lone!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 23:49   #6051
jilverthor

Send a message via AIM to jilverthor Send a message via Yahoo to jilverthor
Happy Thanksgiving LW, hope you get to enjoy a nice meal at the DFAC. (Yes, a contradiction I know)
jilverthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 23:55   #6052
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I was just giving you a hard time about the being sure part. I don't think it hurt for you to examine those questions, though. Now I know what you knew already. I hope you're not mad at me because of it.

That's interesting about how they could have known. I didn't think about that.

On this day that we give thanks (your time now) I'm thankful that there are people like you and Greg and the thousands of other service people who put their lives on the line for us. We sleep better at night knowing that. I just wish some of that could rub off on you so you could sleep too.

I hope you have some good chow today.

BTW, We found out today that the tuxedo cat belongs to our neighbor. She said that he likes to spend more time in our yard than hers. She can't understand why he hasn't been eating lately.
Hey, considering itís you Iíd think you werenít feeling well if you didnít give me a hard time. Why would I be mad about it? But then I noticed you havenít asked how I felt about the DFAC serving nuts anymore?

I slept about 5 hours last night, so thatís sure better than none, now I just need about 3 more. Itís still better then I was doing a year ago, so Iím thankful for that. Iím also thankful for friends like you and all the help youíre giving me.

BTW, it sounds like itís time for you to give your own new kitty a home.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-25-2010, 00:19   #6053
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Hey, considering itís you Iíd think you werenít feeling well if you didnít give me a hard time. Why would I be mad about it? But then I noticed you havenít asked how I felt about the DFAC serving nuts anymore?

I slept about 5 hours last night, so thatís sure better than none, now I just need about 3 more. Itís still better then I was doing a year ago, so Iím thankful for that. Iím also thankful for friends like you and all the help youíre giving me.

BTW, it sounds like itís time for you to give your own new kitty a home.
I thought about the nuts just the other day. I see you're still a bad girl!

One of these days you are going to oversleep and be late to work. Are you still going in to sleep?

I think we"ll just borrow the neighbor's cat for a while. It's kind of like grandkids; you can send them home!
Old 11-25-2010, 00:27   #6054
23skidoo
Deceased

I remember the days when five hours of sleep for you seemed to be the impossible dream. I am so happy for you Sweetheart; your outlook on your future and the promise that future holds are truly a joy to behold. One day you will stand atop that mountain that blocked yor line of sight for what seemed an eternity; on that day, your demons will hang their head in shame and start that long journey back to Hell to inform their master they have failed. You finally have a psychiatrist you trust enough to talk to and that in itself is a blessing. I am overjoyed at your progress to date. Squeeze free hugs my dear,
Old 11-25-2010, 01:17   #6055
okie
GT Mayor

Happy Thanksgiving, sweetheart, here is another bowl of soup for you, honey
Okie Memorial Area
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:26   #6056
sawgrass

Happy Thankgiving Everyone!
This thread is filled with people and events to be thankful for.
LW this one is for you and this one is for Bob.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:39   #6057
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that NotsoaLone_Wolfe is still here with us. I'm thanful for Saltgrass, POkie, 23Skidoo&Tylertoo, BoobInTx, Silent_Killer, engineer45, Georgous & all the others.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:39   #6058
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

And Okie's chicken soup.......
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:24   #6059
BobInTX

Quote:
Happy Thankgiving Everyone!
This thread is filled with people and events to be thankful for.
LW this one is for you and this one is for Bob.
Right back at ya!

Last edited by BobInTX; 11-25-2010 at 09:25..
Old 11-25-2010, 09:27   #6060
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that NotsoaLone_Wolfe is still here with us. I'm thanful for Saltgrass, POkie, 23Skidoo&Tylertoo, BoobInTx, Silent_Killer, engineer45, Georgous & all the others.
And MagnumPI2131.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!