Old 11-20-2010, 09:37   #6001
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:54   #6002
BobInTX

Woohoo I was post 6000!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:07   #6003
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Woohoo I was post 6000!
Wow there are a lot of posts in this thread. What prize would you like for getting number 6000?

Quote:
Sucking up to the cat, I see. Does that work? I seem to keep getting in the doghouse (excuse the expression) with her. I'm tired of sleeping with one eye open.
Perhaps you should try it and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I think you covered the critical stuff. Of course my shrink will want to know why you didn't ask how I felt about it all.............
Wolfe we have been asking you how you feel. Now please tell us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I am very thankful that you are here.
Let it happen...explore the power of forgiveness.

Wolfe you were all just being who you are. If your roles were reversed
Gred would be shot up and you would be dead. You are both honorable
soldiers. Accept it and let it be...

Do you talk to anyone else who was there? Is it possible that a third person
is riddled with useless guilt? Wolfe let it be...honor who you are, honor who Greg was...stop this, the power is yours. Come back to you and the folks
who love you which includes us.
Very good post sawgreass. Thank you. Wolfe keep working on getting rid of that guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I think he would have done it for anyone. He was there for a reason, and he was taking his responsibility very seriously. It could have been his superior down, or the medic, or an unknown...he would have done the same thing. It was you, and he gave his life to save you...he did what he felt was right...he wouldn't have had it any other way. How do you think he would have felt if he hadn't gone to help...and he found out you were alive and in pain for a while and he could have saved you and didn't?
I think the same thing. He would have run to help anyone wherether he knew them personally or not. It just happened to be you who needed that help and he was the one person there who was in a position to help. No one made him do what he did and no one regrests that he saved you. We all regret that he died but no one can change that. I could not imagine how he might have felt if he had not gone to help and found out he had passed on a chance to save you. I remember Zonny asking you what he would have had if he had sat there and watched you die. I think he would have had nightmares and guilt to rival yours without the drug allergies fueling them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 15:28   #6004
BobInTX

Here kitty kitty....nice kitty...good kitty.

Ouch!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 17:00   #6005
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Woohoo I was post 6000!
Here's your prize.

Well, it was either that or a spanking.

Quote:
Sucking up to the cat, I see. Does that work? I seem to keep getting in the doghouse (excuse the expression) with her. I'm tired of sleeping with one eye open.
You can try, but it would help if you have treats in your hand before you put it near..................

Quote:
Here kitty kitty....nice kitty...good kitty.

Ouch!!!
MANDY THAT WASN'T NICE! Bad kitty! You behave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: hugs:: hearts:
Love you too, okie. With or without chicken soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sweetheart; if such a machine existed, the kind folks of GT would make certain you had your very own. I hope your day has gone well. These are squeeze free : hugs: and a gentle : kiss: . : hearts:: iloveyou: Please give Miss Mandy a scratch behind the ears for me.
Hey, I'd buy one my own self if I had to and could get one! Mandy scratched per your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I think the same thing. He would have run to help anyone wherether he knew them personally or not. It just happened to be you who needed that help and he was the one person there who was in a position to help. No one made him do what he did and no one regrests that he saved you. We all regret that he died but no one can change that. I could not imagine how he might have felt if he had not gone to help and found out he had passed on a chance to save you. I remember Zonny asking you what he would have had if he had sat there and watched you die. I think he would have had nightmares and guilt to rival yours without the drug allergies fueling them.
I think you're right that he'd have felt pretty bad if he knew I'd been alive for a while and he'd passed up a chance to save me. I almost have to wonder if he's better off now, since he doesn't have to live with the nightmares and guilt. I like to think he wouldn't have near the problems I've had, but who knows. Maybe he's react to meds too. If he had stayed down I wouldn't want him to go around second-guessing himself.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 11-20-2010 at 17:02..
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 18:06   #6006
sawgrass

I hope this makes you laugh...

My big plans today were to go to my old house and divide Christmas stuff.
It wasn't difficult but I wasn't looking forward to it, so on the way over I
suggested we stop for a coney and a beer. This place is basically a bar with
F everywhere. The owner is an advocate of open carry and is one of the crustiest old cranky cusses you will ever meet. We like him. I'd better not
write what was really said or Eric will have a stroke.

As we finished our coney and ask for the check he gave me a beer and set a shot glass down in front of S. She had a Coke. She was driving. He insisted
she have a shot of something. There wasn't any way to decline. So I told him
our dog was in the truck. He in his colorful language said to bring her in.

Chloe had her first coney, her first lunch out and her first visit to a bar all
at the same time! He sat a glass of water in front of her in a rocks glass,
he came with the dog and cussed his way back and added cheese...it was
hilarious. She was great. She ate her dog, she didn't bark and she drank out
of the glass like she has been doing it all of her life. I bet she gives me a fit
the next time I try and leave her at home...She's thinking "oh hell no, I know what the big animals do when they leave and I'm coming too"!

ETA: At least she was wearing a pretty red striped sweater! I didn't have her out
in public nekkid!!

Last edited by sawgrass; 11-20-2010 at 18:08..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:18   #6007
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
..........Chloe had her first coney..................
Too bad you didn't get pics!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2010, 03:28   #6008
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Hope you have a restful sleep when the time comes. Good night from Kansas!
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:41   #6009
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart, and here's another bowl of chicken soup
Okie Memorial Area
Old 11-21-2010, 14:08   #6010
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Love you sweetheart, and here's another bowl of chicken soup
okie, I'll have you know I was thinking about this great looking chicken soup when I was at the DFAC a couple hours ago and I decided I just had to have some chicken soup. I was hoping it would remind me of this at least a little bit....

Boy was I disappointed!

But I'll have some when I get there to see you.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2010, 14:26   #6011
23skidoo
Deceased

Sleep well Sweetheart.
Old 11-21-2010, 14:28   #6012
sawgrass

Wolfe, Magnus and I are going to need a little consoling after this Vikings game.At least he has drugs.

I saw your post in a different thread.
I pray you NEVER get pneumonia or anything else that would lead to more
chest or rib discomfort. You're tough but hey, enough is enough.
Old 11-21-2010, 14:56   #6013
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Wolfe, Magnus and I are going to need a little consoling after this Vikings game.At least he has drugs.

I saw your post in a different thread.
I pray you NEVER get pneumonia or anything else that would lead to more
chest or rib discomfort. You're tough but hey, enough is enough.
I think we'll all have to console each other. At least I have drugs, too. Lots of drugs.......

I pray for that, too. Even a normal cold would be hell on my chest. I've been told several times that pneumonia would very likely kill me because of the breathing problems I already have. One thing I kept hearing when I was in the hospital after getting shot was that it was a miracle I didn't get it during the time I was laying on my back immobilized. I guess that damn tube did some good.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2010, 16:34   #6014
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hope you have a restful sleep when the time comes. Good night from Kansas!
I hope so too, thanks. Hope you slept well, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo
Sleep well Sweetheart.
That's the plan.

Nite all!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-22-2010, 01:30   #6015
okie
GT Mayor

Love you and get well quickly sweetheart, and here is another bowl of soup for you
Okie Memorial Area
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45   #6016
BobInTX

Old 11-22-2010, 16:40   #6017
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

back. Yeah, I know, I been kinda quiet. But then so has everyone, so don't be too mad at me. I'm still kicking, you haven't gotten rid of me yet. BTW, I love that kitty pic. A tuxedo cat.

Quote:
Love you and get well quickly sweetheart, and here is another bowl of soup for you: hugs:
You know okie, if chicken soup could cure my problems I think that soup there would do it.

Quote:
I am very thankful that you are here.
Let it happen...explore the power of forgiveness.

Wolfe you were all just being who you are. If your roles were reversed
Gred would be shot up and you would be dead. You are both honorable
soldiers. Accept it and let it be...

Do you talk to anyone else who was there? Is it possible that a third person
is riddled with useless guilt? Wolfe let it be...honor who you are, honor who Greg was...stop this, the power is yours. Come back to you and the folks
who love you which includes us.
Thanks, I'm glad you're here too. I did talk to the convoy commander once while I was in the hospital. He told me what happened after I went down, but lied about how Greg died. He said Greg didn't leave cover, but was hit by a ricochet or some crap like that. I didn't buy it then, but couldn't get the truth out of him. I suppose several people might have some guilt, either real or imagined. The rocks the Afghani's were behind were so close they could have been checked. There's other things that could have been done differently, but mostly just in hindsight. It's possible that someone feels some guilt for not somehow preventing Greg from blowing cover, but I don't know if that would have been possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I think he would have done it for anyone. He was there for a reason, and he was taking his responsibility very seriously. It could have been his superior down, or the medic, or an unknown...he would have done the same thing. It was you, and he gave his life to save you...he did what he felt was right...he wouldn't have had it any other way. How do you think he would have felt if he hadn't gone to help...and he found out you were alive and in pain for a while and he could have saved you and didn't?
Today I wanted to talk to my shrink about some of the things some of you have said in here, so I opened the pages with the relevant posts and carried my laptop in to him. He read what I showed him and we started talking about it. When we were talking about how Greg might feel if hed stayed down and later found out I hadnt died instantly and he might have been able to save me my shrink asked So which position would you rather be in, alive but having to live with that on your conscious and in your dreams or dead, having done your best to save the other. My answer was that I think Id rather be dead from the effort than living with that kind of guilt. Then he asked Do you think Greg agrees with you? I said that he probably does. Then my shrink asked Do you think Greg ran out to you to avoid the chance of learning he could have helped you and having to face the terrible guilt that would come with that? I told him that even though I was told Greg waited about a minute or so before he ran out to me I doubted he was thinking about things like that, but I really had no way to know what was going through his mind before be broke cover. But he had to be thinking of something during that time. My shrink responded with If he had that much time to think about he probably did have time to weigh the risks and decide it was worth it in the chance you could be saved. Do you think now he feels the end result was worth it? I said that I figured he did, since he accomplished what he went out to do. He asked Do you think Greg would do it again the same way if he could rewind the clock, now that he knows how it ends? I told him I have to think on that one.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-22-2010, 17:02   #6018
BobInTX

Oh I was just waving hello. How do you feel about that?

I'm glad you brought all that up with your shrink. Sounds like a good session. You're figuring this out. Im proud of you Thanks for sharing that
Old 11-22-2010, 17:13   #6019
sawgrass

Wolfe I'm glad you are talking and thinking through things.
Old 11-23-2010, 00:45   #6020
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Oh I was just waving hello. How do you feel about that?

I'm glad you brought all that up with your shrink. Sounds like a good session. You're figuring this out. Im proud of you Thanks for sharing that
I'd best not answer that question, I could get myself an infraction here....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!