Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:20   #5921
BobInTX

Good day, Wolfe!

What exciting/boring/funny/stupid/sad/tasty/scary thing did you do today?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 14:01   #5922
jilverthor

Send a message via AIM to jilverthor Send a message via Yahoo to jilverthor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Good day, Wolfe!

Unless someone sent her a care package, I can promise that you can scratch tasty off that list.
jilverthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 15:58   #5923
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilverthor View Post
Unless someone sent her a care package, I can promise that you can scratch tasty off that list.
^^^ This man knows of which he speaks.

Quote:
Yea! I hope he gets it all tweaked just right and you can get a good 7-8 hours every night. Then I think the real healing can start.

Then before you know it you'll be chasing all those young soldiers around there. back!
Will I have to change my name to Lone_Cougar then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Lone-Wolfe...today is your day to feel special. We all love you and wish nothing but the best for you in everything you do every day, but especially today. I and my family will remember the service and sacrifice of all our military...Love ya lady...don't ever forget that!
Thanks Lady Glock, I appreciate you and your's also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The sleep of the just Sweetheart. Squeeze free Take my hand please I have nothing planned, I just want to hold your hand. : hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Have nothing planned, just want to hold my hand, My EYE!! You're a man, I know better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Lone_Wolfe just because I've not been around much does not mean I'm not thinking of you and others here. There are just times that I think I'm better off not posting. That said if there is anything and I mean anything that could help you in any way, please feel free to PM me anytime. Love ya!
I can sure understand you not wanting to post at times, I've been there myself. There have been so many times the only way I could get myself to post in here was because I didn't want to make anyone worry needlessly. They get enough real reasons to worry without me adding more. I've found though that when I come in here and talk when I don't want to it seems to help me a lot. Maybe it would help you to come in here and talk to us, or maybe not. I just want you to know that you're welcome and I always love to hear from you even when you're not feeling well. for you, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Thank you everyone for the prayers for me. They are much appreciated and helpful. May I ask that they continue?

Wolfe I tried to get back in time to get online while you were still on but I missed badly. I hope by now you are soundly sleeping the sleep of the just with apologies to 23skidoo for stealing his line. This respiratory stoppage has me very concerned that it may happen again with you alone somewhere. Please go to the hospital any time you have distress. We would hate to lose you after all this time.
Of course you can ask for the prayers can continue. You can also give us some details about the problems if you want to. No pressure, and I won't post anything you don't tell me I can, but feel free to if you want.

My doc is insisting the same think you are, that I have to go in anytime I'm having any problems breathing. I told him I'd be living there if I did that. But I go in if if it gets bad. My doc gave me the strong stuff last night, but I think he's going to change it up again tonight. I'm about to go in and find out. Nite all.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 16:21   #5924
BobInTX

Lone_Cougar? Absolutely!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 16:34   #5925
23skidoo
Deceased

Sleep well Sweetheart. No squeezing, I promise.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:51   #5926
sawgrass

Wolfe I caught up with the thread this am. I'm very troubled to read about
your breathing stopping and am so thankful that you were at the hospital.
An update will be much appreciated. LW you are an inspiration. Don't stop
believing that. The courage you've shown whether it be in your recovery or
helping a friend is inspirational. You are genuine Wolfe, a treasure.

Thanks to all of you for the recent prayers. My Granny raised me and I love
her like a Mother. The first memory I have of my life is her reaching through
my crib rungs, holding my hand as I went to sleep. I'm so thankful that I
got there in time to tell her that it's ok and held her hand as she left this world. She was a strong woman who always kept her objectives. She lived by her convictions not convention. A few minutes after she passed I had to go
outside for some air. I walked out and it was snowing huge gentle flakes. It looked like confetti. I figured the angels were celebrating having her home. It was beautiful.

LW in light of the last few days, it's very difficult for me to think about your
breathing stopping. Please update us. I saw that someone asked but didn't
see your reply as to the cause of this severe breathing incident.

I love you Wolfe and my prayers continue for you and Skidoo.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:34   #5927
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:21   #5928
jilverthor

Send a message via AIM to jilverthor Send a message via Yahoo to jilverthor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
^^^ This man knows of which he speaks.
13 DFACs and counting. Then again you probably have me beat by a factor of 2 or so. What is sad is having days you look forward to and days you dread. How can you look forward to something that bad and how can something that bad be made so much worse.
jilverthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:20   #5929
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilverthor View Post
13 DFACs and counting. Then again you probably have me beat by a factor of 2 or so. What is sad is having days you look forward to and days you dread. How can you look forward to something that bad and how can something that bad be made so much worse.
Yeah, I've got you beat on the DFAC count. I've eaten in some so bad they make these big ones seem like I'm at a resort. The one at the base I convoyed off of served MRE's for lunch, with cold cut sandwiches on a good day. I'll bet deadday ate in some that would make that one seem like a 5-star restaurant.

You're not kidding about the days you look forward to and dread. I look forward to the days they serve cold, over cooked crab legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Wolfe I caught up with the thread this am. I'm very troubled to read about
your breathing stopping and am so thankful that you were at the hospital.
An update will be much appreciated. LW you are an inspiration. Don't stop
believing that. The courage you've shown whether it be in your recovery or
helping a friend is inspirational. You are genuine Wolfe, a treasure.

Thanks to all of you for the recent prayers. My Granny raised me and I love
her like a Mother. The first memory I have of my life is her reaching through
my crib rungs, holding my hand as I went to sleep. I'm so thankful that I
got there in time to tell her that it's ok and held her hand as she left this world. She was a strong woman who always kept her objectives. She lived by her convictions not convention. A few minutes after she passed I had to go
outside for some air. I walked out and it was snowing huge gentle flakes. It looked like confetti. I figured the angels were celebrating having her home. It was beautiful.

LW in light of the last few days, it's very difficult for me to think about your
breathing stopping. Please update us. I saw that someone asked but didn't
see your reply as to the cause of this severe breathing incident.

I love you Wolfe and my prayers continue for you and Skidoo.
Hmmm, never thought of myself as a treasure, but thank you. I'm glad I could help you some how these last few weeks. I remember you telling me your first memory of Granny was her holding your hand in bed. Then I read that your last memory of her is you were holding HER hand in bed. Somehow I don't think that was a coincidence. In fact I got a few goose pimples, and it's not cold in the room. I think it was meant to happen that way. I think you're right about the angels celebrating. She's watching over you now.

The update on my stopping breathing during an attack is that there really isn't one. My doc doesn't know why I stopped breathing, or even if I would have started again on my own, because they didn't waste any time once they saw I wasn't breathing. The only conclusion they have come to is that the increase in breathing attacks I've had recently is likely the result of the steroid injections. Kind of a trade-off there, because I'm finally making a bit of progress in my physical therapy. Makes me think of the old line about what doesn't kill me makes me stronger....

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-13-2010, 13:03   #5930
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

That must have been a very scary episode for you. I used to tell people that I thought my breathing attacks were worse than the pain. When you can't breath and your rescue inhaler is not working, you go into panic mode.
Was you aware that you had stopped breathing or was you unconscious?
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 14:10   #5931
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
That must have been a very scary episode for you. I used to tell people that I thought my breathing attacks were worse than the pain. When you can't breath and your rescue inhaler is not working, you go into panic mode.
Was you aware that you had stopped breathing or was you unconscious?
You're sure right about breathing attacks being scary, especially the ones I get that are more tightness than painful. I know the cause of my attacks and yours is completely different, but I imagine it feels pretty much the same when you just can't get enough air. Especially the ones I get where I can't get enough air even just laying there.

This one was more painful that tight, although I was struggling to breathe. It wasn't as scary as some, and I didn't know I had stopped breathing until I woke back up and had upset people around me. I either passed out before, or just after I stopped breathing without being aware of it. My doc commented that it was like my body just got tired and gave up. I guess it's a good thing it didn't do that while the medic was mashing my chest or I wouldn't be here.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-13-2010, 14:27   #5932
engineer151515

Quote:

Hmmm, never thought of myself as a treasure, but thank you.....
Indeed, you are.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 16:30   #5933
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Indeed, you are.
As are you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: hearts:: hugs:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sleep well Sweetheart. No squeezing, I promise. : hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:
Good! Sawgrass will be so disappointed when she finally get to meet me because she won't get to squeeze me either. Oh well, at least I'll get to meet her. It's time for me to go and be made to sleep, I hope.

Quote:
: wavey: Good day, Wolfe!

I'm not sure what all categories this falls under, beside painful, but I messed my knee up today. Someone bumped into me hard at the DFAC and it hurt when they did. I tried to get my balance and instead I torqued my bad knee just the wrong way and ended up in a pile on the ground. Damn, that hurt, both chest and knee. Of course I can't push myself off the ground the normal way, and can't be lifted up by my arms, so that was fun. Someone finally helped me up and we realized my knee didn't want any part of walking on it. So another guy with a vehicle there helps me out to it and gives me a ride to the hospital. X-Rays and MRI's don't show anything serious, besides the joint already degenerating from old age, but I strained it good and something right below the kneecap is raising hell every time I move it. What makes it real fun is I can't use crutches because I can't put enough weight on my arms. Oh well, another day in Paradise......

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-13-2010, 16:56   #5934
23skidoo
Deceased

I'm sorry to hear you fell Sweetheart, would you like me to run him down with the beer truck? I'll be sure to add plenty of weight to the trailer, those jackals at the border keep stealing all the beer! I may bring Buttweiper Light this time and hope they have some standards.
Old 11-13-2010, 16:59   #5935
sawgrass

Wolfe, did you kick his *** with your good leg after you got up?
Damn, you really don't need one more thing to deal with.
I hope your knee is better in a couple of days.
Old 11-13-2010, 17:03   #5936
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Doc's really not sure why this time was different. He's seen me have worse breathing attacks several times and he didn't give me any meds or doses I haven't had dozens of times before. He said it was like I finally gave up, or should I say my body gave up. When I found out later I was torn between being relieved that I was at the hospital when it happened and the thought that if I'd stayed in my CHU this could all be over now. But I think the feeling of relief is the stronger now, finally. A year, or even 6 months ago the opposite would have been the case.
Good news, bad news. Good news is that the relief is stronger. Bad news is of course the stopped breathing, even though the doc thinks that it may have happened before.

Besides, SR and I REALLY don't want to come over there and beat you to death for dying on us.

Sorry I haven't been on more. I can't get used to this NOT getting up and going to work. So I get up and go to work . . . and when I realize it, it's way past bedtime again. Been gettin' stuff done around the house though. I'll send an e-mail with some pics. Don't know how big a pic you can get through without waiting forever, so I'll reduce them and send only a few.

Bob, we're all proud of your daughter and what she accomplished.

Sawgrass, my condolences on your grandmother, and I'm glad you got there and had some time. Prayers for you as you go through the loss.

SR, Lady Glock, Glock26 and the rest, prayers for you as well.

Meanwhile, I'll try to get better at this retirement/unemployed jazz, so I can check in more.

Meanwhile, may the peace that passes understanding possess all of you, and give you rest as needed, both awake and asleep.

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you in my arms as you sleep.

Hawk
Old 11-13-2010, 17:29   #5937
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Well, the PM won't take pics, so I'll post some here for the general boredom of everyone else. First a view of some of the new electric in the garage - which also includes ceiling outlets for the garage door openers.

Then the redone downstairs bath.

And a couple of shots of the upstairs bath. I paid to have the tile done, the rest is my fault.

Hawk

PS The tub is extra wide and deep so an adult human can actually soak.
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version   Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version   Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version   Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  
Old 11-13-2010, 17:38   #5938
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
You're sure right about breathing attacks being scary, especially the ones I get that are more tightness than painful. I know the cause of my attacks and yours is completely different, but I imagine it feels pretty much the same when you just can't get enough air. Especially the ones I get where I can't get enough air even just laying there.

This one was more painful that tight, although I was struggling to breathe. It wasn't as scary as some, and I didn't know I had stopped breathing until I woke back up and had upset people around me. I either passed out before, or just after I stopped breathing without being aware of it. My doc commented that it was like my body just got tired and gave up. I guess it's a good thing it didn't do that while the medic was mashing my chest or I wouldn't be here.

I'm so glad there were people around to keep an eye on you. I'm sure too that your breathing problems are different. I was not hit by a high powered rifle by someone worthless piece of crap. It's too bad he is not around, I'd like to make him suffer 10 times the amount every time you suffer from the pain and nightmares that SOB caused you.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:08   #5939
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'm so glad there were people around to keep an eye on you. I'm sure too that your breathing problems are different. I was not hit by a high powered rifle by someone worthless piece of crap. It's too bad he is not around, I'd like to make him suffer 10 times the amount every time you suffer from the pain and nightmares that SOB caused you.
10 times the amount? I like the way you think.

I sometimes wonder if it would be worse to have breathing problems for the same reasons you do. At least in my case I know it's from an outside cause instead of my own body having it in for me. That might not hurt as bad, but it would be scary because I'd have to wonder if it was going to get worse. Mine should get better, unless I end up on the wrong side of another rifle, that is....

Skidoo, what would be the point of filling the beer truck with Buttweiper Light? Even I wouldn't drink that!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-14-2010, 02:14   #5940
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
unless I end up on the wrong side of another rifle, that is....
Once is enough. I can't see fate being that cruel to you again.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!