Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2010, 14:40   #5901
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Hey, we love to hear you gripe. It means you're still kicking.

Quoted because how often do you get to hear someone say something like that. But since you love it I'll be happy to oblige you after last night.

Next time just shoot them before they shoot you. Duh!

Wish to hell I could, either in real life or in my dreams. Or both.

That sounds like a nasty one. I hate that you have to relieve the experience all of the time.

It was. Very nasty. Most of the time I relive if I at least have the relief of not laying there completely conscious watching the medic trying to save me. Last night's variant was bad.

So, what was the medic saying?

You REALLLLLY want this thread to get locked, don't you?

Was it a different cocktail last night?
It was, except for the sleep pill. He said it was "almost the same", except that it was less prone to side effects. Well one of the side effects that I really want to have is to be made to sleep! He felt really bad about when I descrbed what last night was like, and agreed that he wouldn't try that particular one again.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 14:42   #5902
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Sorry to hear of this,.........
How long is the mail taking?
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 15:21   #5903
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar 48 View Post
While I was at rehab this morning, I asked the folks there to say a prayer for you Lone. They are a good bunch, and there thoughts will help you. I pray for all the people on here with their troubles and pains.

Sorry about the location deal, I was going the other direction around the world! Hope you do well today.
Thank you for that. I hope your rehab is going well for you. I have to say you're lucky though. If you have to get your sternum split it's better to cet a controlled cut than to have it smashed into pieces.

No worries about missing my location, I was chuckling when I posted that about forgetting my time zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Well...the issues are ongoing. I was reported to DHS as suspect of munchausen by proxy. I have doctors that have diagnosed the child in question with a genetic condition, but now DHS' "child abuse doctors" will review those records and determine if I am guilty.

Her back is what is causing all these issues...that, and nosey liberal freaks who can't keep their noses out of other people's business. I just don't know if it was the physicians assistant who made the accusation to my face and was put in her place by the surgeon, or the school who has been in my face and on my case for daring to allow my daughter to take such HORRIFIC pain meds!

BTW Wolfe...you are and always will be in my prayers.
Wow, what a damn mess! I guess the opinion of the person (surgeon) who would know best didn't mean anything.

I hear you about getting flack about her taking pain meds, but just think of what they'd say if you let her suffer when she needs them... You can't win with people like that. I get my share of that crap over here myself. "You shouldn't get meds like that over here!" OK, so I'm supposed to hurt so bad I can't even get up?... And your daughter is supposed to be the same way?

I thank you for the prayers and you and your daughter will stay in mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
You know I won't !!!!!!
Thank you, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Sorry that I haven't been here to encourage you through this last bout you have been going through. Please just know how much I love you, Wolfe. As SR said, you are my hero, too. Life has just been so difficult since "the incident." I admire how you go through things and hop right back in the saddle. You are definitely my hero. Prayers sent for SR and SW.
I'm glad I could inspire you somehow. I know you've been through a lot, and I think of you a lot. I'm always happy to see you come around, not just for the way you inspire me with what you say, but I just like seeing you. I hope things are going better for you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Sorry to hear of this,.........
How long is the mail taking?
Yeah, thanks. I hope it doesn't happen like that again.

Mail is taking around 3 weeks most of the time. Sometimes a bit less.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-10-2010, 16:19   #5904
Daryl in Az
Enjoying life!

Lone Wolfe,

Don't know if you remember me or not. We exchanged a post here and there a few years back, and at the time we lived in the same town in SE Arizona if I remember right.

I haven't seen reference to exactly what happened to you, and I'm not going to pry into what's not my business, but want you to know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. From the length of this thread, it looks like you've been down and out for a while.

Wishin' all the best for you, gal, with a full and speedy recovery.

Daryl

Molon Labe!
Daryl in Az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 17:14   #5905
Tenngunner

Will be away tomorrow so,...................

thank you for your service to this country.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 17:57   #5906
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Will be away tomorrow so,...................

thank you for your service to this country.
This comes from all of us and goes out to all veterans including you Wolfe. We are grateful for what you have done and continue to do for our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
On the subject of people who haven't been around much lately, can we send up some prayers for them? Sawgrass and Silent_Runner in particular have things happening in their lives right now that I won't go into any details about, but need some support from us in here.

As for me, I'm doing about the same today. Chest is making the usual complaints, plus a little extra because of the cold and other stuff. The meds I'm on at night seem to be working well at making me sleep, but aren't without side effects. If I can't adjust to them I may not be able to take this cocktail for long. Doc said he normally couldn't even consider it for a person twice my size and half my age, but he's getting desparate to find me an answer. Hiw and my physical terrorist are still fretting about why I stopped breathing the other night. That has them real concerned that it might happen again.
Thank you everyone for the prayers for me. They are much appreciated and helpful. May I ask that they continue?

Wolfe I tried to get back in time to get online while you were still on but I missed badly. I hope by now you are soundly sleeping the sleep of the just with apologies to 23skidoo for stealing his line. This respiratory stoppage has me very concerned that it may happen again with you alone somewhere. Please go to the hospital any time you have distress. We would hate to lose you after all this time.

Quote:
I originally posted this prayer in August. I see improvement in you since then, but it bears repeating.

Heavenly Father, we come before you to pray for our friend, Lone_Wolfe.

Your child has been badly wounded and been through hell on Earth. Lord, her body has suffered greatly. She has days when she can hardly breathe and nights she can hardly sleep. Her physical therapy is tortuous without any noticeable progress. Her work ability is limited because her body is in so much pain. She is on a multitude of medications just to be able to make her pain bearable and to be able to sleep. Lord, we ask that You would heal her chest. Place Your healing hands on her rib cage and heal the cartilage and underlying tissue. Make it flexible and make the scar tissue disappear. Give her just the right physical therapy needed to make a breakthrough in her recovery. Lord, we ask you to remove her pain.

Lord, even more devastating to Lone_Wolfe has been the damage done to her mind. She has experienced the ravages of war. She was wounded within an inch of her life while trying to fulfill her mission in the war effort to rid a people of tyranny. She has had to live with guilt knowing that a friend died trying to save her life. Then she experienced an uncaring, unfeeling medic that saved her life tell her that he didn't care if she lived, or died. She has had reactions to medications that have left her mind incapable of sleep without nightmares, and incapable of concentration. Her intense pain, survivor's guilt and nightmares have left her with demons of depression, PTSD, anger, sadness, the realization that she almost died, and yes, even thoughts of suicide. She is afraid that if she starts to cry she will never stop. Lord, we've heard her question why You have kept her here, but have not heard her curse You for it. Her faith in You remains strong.

Lord, we ask with boldness that you will cure her of her mental illnesses. She has made so much progress, but she is still battling her "demons". We ask with the same faith Elijah had when he call down Your fire that you will cause her nightmares to cease. Lord, instead of depression and sadness give her joy. Instead of nightmares, give her peace. Instead of anger, let her feel Your Love. Instead of her fear of crying, send her the comfort of Your angels to let it out once and for all and to start drawing on Your strength. Let her know that even though she almost experienced death, she is alive and her life has purpose and meaning, and the future is what she makes of it. Let her continue to feel and enjoy the goodness and gentleness of the people she has touched here, and grant her patience, self-control, and faithfulness for the long road ahead. Be with her doctor and therapists, and give them the exactly the wisdom and knowledge necessary to be your instruments in this process.

Father, we know that you can make these things happen. We thank you for our friend, Lone_Wolfe. She has been an inspiration to all of us here in ways that we can't even describe. But we would give all of this up just to know that she was pain-free and mentally well. Lord, we ask all of these things in the name of Your Son, Jesus, who died for our sins so that we might live in eternity with You. Amen.

God Bless You, xxxxxxx
I just wanted to bring this to the current page so Wolfe would be sure to see it although I know God already has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 17:59   #5907
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Wolfe, they raised over $7 million dollars for breast cancer research at the walk in Dallas this weekend. I really want to thank you and sawgrass and others I don't know as well for contributing, as well as other people here on GT that told me they were contributing to other people for walks all around the country.

My daughter wound up walking about 35 miles. She got dehydrated Friday night, after walking 19 miles, and could not get warm, and we had to go get her (11 pm) and take her to her in-law's house (we were closest to camp). The medical staff made her lay out Saturday and drink a lot of fluids, and then she went back to camp Sat. night and walked the whole way on Sunday. I'm really proud of her.

There were a lot of breast cancer survivors on the walk. I thought about you a lot and what you were having to go through in your own struggles to survive, and of course, my mother.
Love stories like that. People that actually get out and raise money for the cause. You should be proud.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 18:06   #5908
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Lone_Wolfe just because I've not been around much does not mean I'm not thinking of you and others here. There are just times that I think I'm better off not posting. That said if there is anything and I mean anything that could help you in any way, please feel free to PM me anytime. Love ya!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:49   #5909
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21   #5910
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl in Az View Post
Lone Wolfe,

Don't know if you remember me or not. We exchanged a post here and there a few years back, and at the time we lived in the same town in SE Arizona if I remember right.

I haven't seen reference to exactly what happened to you, and I'm not going to pry into what's not my business, but want you to know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. From the length of this thread, it looks like you've been down and out for a while.

Wishin' all the best for you, gal, with a full and speedy recovery.

Daryl
Heck yes, I remember you! I see you still have the same cool avatar, too. Doesn't RussP do a great job? I remember SV well, and miss being there. How are things with you and yours?

Acttually you're not prying into my business at all, it's all posted in this thread, but the nutshell version is that I used my chest to stop a round from an AK-47 in Afghanistan. The very slow (and painful) healing from that was hampered all the more by my spending 4 months taking prescription anti-depressants that I turned out to be highly allergic to, so now I'm dealing with constant nightmares, psychosis and other crap. OK, that's the real short version for you, the long version is in the previous 5000+ posts. You're right it's been going on a while, almost 2 years now.

I'm glad you stopped by to say hello. I always enjoyed your posts and would have loved to run into you around town. I'm actually a little surprised I didn't, since we went so many of the same places. Thanks very much for the well-wishes.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-11-2010, 10:25   #5911
BobInTX

How was your sleep last night? Is that awful movie still playing?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:25   #5912
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Love stories like that. People that actually get out and raise money for the cause. You should be proud.
I agree that BobInTX and his daughter should be proud. So should everyone else who participated in this excellent cause.

Quote:

I was wondering this myself. Did your doctor put you back on the combo that had been working? I sure hope you did not hae those nightmares again for another entire night.

I would like to wish Wolfe and all the other veterans and current service members here a happy Veteran's Day. Thank you for all you do for our country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:54   #5913
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just Sweetheart. Squeeze free Take my hand please I have nothing planned, I just want to hold your hand.
Old 11-11-2010, 14:03   #5914
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Lone-Wolfe...today is your day to feel special. We all love you and wish nothing but the best for you in everything you do every day, but especially today. I and my family will remember the service and sacrifice of all our military...Love ya lady...don't ever forget that!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 14:37   #5915
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Last night was much better than the night before. Doc went back to the too-strong cocktail to be sure I slept after that terrible night I had. I can tell how bad I felt but some of what I posted and something I wrote, but decided not to post.

Hope Doc has something good planned for tonight... good meds, that is!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-11-2010, 15:48   #5916
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Last night was much better than the night before. Doc went back to the too-strong cocktail to be sure I slept after that terrible night I had. I can tell how bad I felt but some of what I posted and something I wrote, but decided not to post.

Hope Doc has something good planned for tonight... good meds, that is!
Yea! I hope he gets it all tweaked just right and you can get a good 7-8 hours every night. Then I think the real healing can start.

Then before you know it you'll be chasing all those young soldiers around there. back!
Old 11-11-2010, 20:31   #5917
sawgrass

Wolfe, it's still Veterans Day here. Thank you for your service.

Also thank you for the prayers over the last week. I didn't have any
internet down there. I texted X1 to update you, so you may know how
things went. I made the trip in just over 17 hrs. My Granny passed
with me holding her hand and talking gently to her. She died 3hrs and
20 minutes after I arrived. It was very peaceful. She wasn't on anything
except oxygen. I'll get back to the thread and pm's after I get caught up
around here a little bit.

I've missed you.
Old 11-11-2010, 20:48   #5918
BobInTX

Sawgrass, I'm so sorry about your Granny. I know how much she meant to you. It's never easy to lose someone you love.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:34   #5919
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post

I've missed you.
So sorry about your granny.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:14   #5920
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post

I've missed you.
Youíre welcome for my service. As is everyone.

I didnít get any updates, so Iím glad to see you back here. Iím so sorry about Granny, but also glad you were able to get there. It really sounds like you were right and she was waiting for you. She knew you loved her and had come to be with her. I canít think of a better way to go. I know you miss her, and all I can offer you is a virtual , wish I could do more.

I've missed you too, my friend.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!