RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:00   #5882
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Where is everybody?
On the subject of people who haven't been around much lately, can we send up some prayers for them? Sawgrass and Silent_Runner in particular have things happening in their lives right now that I won't go into any details about, but need some support from us in here.

Quote:
Wolfe, they raised over $7 million dollars ...............
Wow, that's great news! I'm really happy for all of them that participated. Your daughter did your mother proud. You're welcome for my contributions, I just hope they can find a cure. Nice thing is, any cure would likely help fight other cancers too.

As for me, I'm doing about the same today. Chest is making the usual complaints, plus a little extra because of the cold and other stuff. The meds I'm on at night seem to be working well at making me sleep, but aren't without side effects. If I can't adjust to them I may not be able to take this cocktail for long. Doc said he normally couldn't even consider it for a person twice my size and half my age, but he's getting desparate to find me an answer. Hiw and my physical terrorist are still fretting about why I stopped breathing the other night. That has them real concerned that it might happen again.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:08   #5883
23skidoo
Deceased

Prayers for my dear friends Miss Silent_Runner and Miss Sawgrass. Squeeze free and ever so gentle for you Sweetheart. I hope your day has gone well.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:56   #5884
mesteve2

Me too (2) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I can't express the gratitude WE have for you to take on this assignment. You are truly a patriot and a warrior in the best sense of the words. Thank you for your sacrifices and for your devotion to America.

I was in service but never had to put my life on the line for my country, as you have. Thank you again and I hope every thing gets better for you, you deserve it.

I salute you!

From a very old vet.
Love you kid.

State of Texas Master Peace Officer
State of Texas Private Security Officer Instructor
State of Texas Concealed Handgun License Instructor
mesteve2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40   #5885
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
On the subject of people who haven't been around much lately, can we send up some prayers for them? Sawgrass and Silent_Runner in particular have things happening in their lives right now that I won't go into any details about, but need some support from us in here.
I will definitely send up prayers. While on that subject, can I get some of those too? Today is going to be a very rough day!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:43   #5886
Tenngunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I will definitely send up prayers. While on that subject, can I get some of those too? Today is going to be a very rough day!
Prayers for all that are having a particular hard time. May the Lord be with you all.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:05   #5887
BobInTX

Quote:

There you go with that prayer thing again. Prayers sent up.

Wow, that's great news! I'm really happy for all of them that participated. Your daughter did your mother proud. You're welcome for my contributions, I just hope they can find a cure. Nice thing is, any cure would likely help fight other cancers too. They had 2700 walkers. It was pretty funny seeing how people were dressed and the signs. I saw guys with pink mohawks that were real. Guys were wearing stuffed bras on the outside of their tshirts. One Tshirt said "Real men stand up for second base" People were very creative. My daughter's team was "Hope for Hooters". She's 28 now.

As for me, I'm doing about the same today. Chest is making the usual complaints, plus a little extra because of the cold and other stuff. The meds I'm on at night seem to be working well at making me sleep, but aren't without side effects. If I can't adjust to them I may not be able to take this cocktail for long. Doc said he normally couldn't even consider it for a person twice my size and half my age, but he's getting desparate to find me an answer. Hiw and my physical terrorist are still fretting about why I stopped breathing the other night. That has them real concerned that it might happen again.
Yeah, we're all hoping they figure that out. Are the drugs making you howl at the moon or something? Oh, yeah. Lone_Wolfe. Duh!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:56   #5888
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Prayers for all that are having a particular hard time. May the Lord be with you all.
Thank you...time is drawing near, and I'm really concerned.

Old 11-09-2010, 14:27   #5889
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you...time is drawing near, and I'm really concerned.
I THINK I know what you're talking about here and I'm definitely sending prayers, good juju and vibes that this works out for the best for you and your daughter. BTW, how is her back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Amen to that. Seems to be a lot of bad times going around lately. Skidoo needs some entra prayers right now, too. Just don't run out before you get to me, eh?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-09-2010, 15:03   #5890
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesteve2 View Post
: cool:
From a very old vet. : rofl:
Love you kid.
Thank you, love you too. And watch that old stuff, I'm not so young myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You say you are not brave but you are wrong. I was just telling a friend about the day my husband accosted me in the hospital parking lot and you put yourself in his path. Do you remember that? He was there to possibly hurt me and you were anything but frozen with fear. Yes I know you will say that 44 magnum in your hand gave you courage but that was not all of it. You had it hidden from my husband's sight but still he backed down because he saw the strength in you. You have more courage than you give yourself credit for.

You don't have to do it alone.

Yes. Touche. Score the point to BobInTx because he's right. You are a hero in more ways that one and you always will be to some of us. You have finally admitted it now please never forget it.
Yes, I remember that incident. Nothing like a little magnum-induced courage. If not for that I'd have been just as afraid as you were.

I thank you and all here for being with me. I know it seems like every time I start to get better I actually end up going the other way, but I think I'll win this battle eventually with you folks pulling for me. My shrink was pushing me today to get right back into thinking and talking about things even though I was still kind of worried about what happened at the hospital the other day. He wants me to face this stuff 24/7 until I get it worked in my head. I told him I wouldn't be able to function and do my job and he said he understood, and I'd have to strike a balance somehow. I guess he's telling me I've been shut down inside too much and too long lately. I prefer it that way sometimes, but he's got a point. My doc agrees with him, too. Plus my doc says I have to come into the hospital for every breathing attack for a while. My employer is going to have a fit about the amount of time I've missed lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
: wavey:

Nitey-night, beautiful!

Nitey-nite once again, my sweet!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-09-2010, 15:17   #5891
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Doc's really not sure why this time was different. He's seen me have worse breathing attacks several times and he didn't give me any meds or doses I haven't had dozens of times before. He said it was like I finally gave up, or should I say my body gave up. When I found out later I was torn between being relieved that I was at the hospital when it happened and the thought that if I'd stayed in my CHU this could all be over now. But I think the feeling of relief is the stronger now, finally. A year, or even 6 months ago the opposite would have been the case.That's a great pic, you're a nice looking guy.
That, my dear, is progress!
Old 11-09-2010, 15:32   #5892
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Sorry that I haven't been here to encourage you through this last bout you have been going through. Please just know how much I love you, Wolfe. As SR said, you are my hero, too. Life has just been so difficult since "the incident." I admire how you go through things and hop right back in the saddle. You are definitely my hero. Prayers sent for SR and SW.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 16:13   #5893
BobInTX

Quote:
Yes, I remember that incident. Nothing like a little magnum-induced courage. If not for that I'd have been just as afraid as you were.
It always helps to have the proper tools.

I thank you and all here for being with me. I know it seems like every time I start to get better I actually end up going the other way, but I think I'll win this battle eventually with you folks pulling for me. My shrink was pushing me today to get right back into thinking and talking about things even though I was still kind of worried about what happened at the hospital the other day. He wants me to face this stuff 24/7 until I get it worked in my head. I told him I wouldn't be able to function and do my job and he said he understood, and I'd have to strike a balance somehow. I guess he's telling me I've been shut down inside too much and too long lately. I prefer it that way sometimes, but he's got a point. My doc agrees with him, too. Plus my doc says I have to come into the hospital for every breathing attack for a while. My employer is going to have a fit about the amount of time I've missed lately.
Wolfe, not so long ago you were saying that you didn't know if you were ever going to beat this, and now you think you will. I'm proud of you for that.

Do you feel like you could have died the other day when you stopped breathing for 2 minutes? How does that compare to almost dying by the road? One was traumatic and the other peaceful, but they both would have had the same end. Are you afraid to go to sleep now because of the physical, more than the mental?
Old 11-09-2010, 16:28   #5894
Tenngunner

Quote:

Amen to that. Just don't run out before you get to me, eh?
You know I won't !!!!!!

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 18:49   #5895
Lady Glock

Well...the issues are ongoing. I was reported to DHS as suspect of munchausen by proxy. I have doctors that have diagnosed the child in question with a genetic condition, but now DHS' "child abuse doctors" will review those records and determine if I am guilty.

Her back is what is causing all these issues...that, and nosey liberal freaks who can't keep their noses out of other people's business. I just don't know if it was the physicians assistant who made the accusation to my face and was put in her place by the surgeon, or the school who has been in my face and on my case for daring to allow my daughter to take such HORRIFIC pain meds!

Old 11-09-2010, 18:54   #5896
Lady Glock

BTW Wolfe...you are and always will be in my prayers.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:42   #5897
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
It always helps to have the proper tools. : rofl:

I used to call them 'High Speed Hole Punches'. That one would have punched a pretty big hole, too

Wolfe, not so long ago you were saying that you didn't know if you were ever going to beat this, and now you think you will. I'm proud of you for that.

Do you feel like you could have died the other day when you stopped breathing for 2 minutes? How does that compare to almost dying by the road? One was traumatic and the other peaceful, but they both would have had the same end. Are you afraid to go to sleep now because of the physical, more than the mental?
I like to think I'm going to beat this and get better anyway. The other 2 options are to stay the same as I am now or give up and die. Of those 2 I'd choose the latter. Sorry, but it's true. But I've made some progress, so I think I'll continue. Of course you'll get to hear me gripe that it's taking too damn long.....

I'm not real sure about that, but yes, I could have. My doc also said I may have stopped and restarted if left alone, but they didn't take that chance. He did mention that it's possible I've stopped and restarted on my own before, but it's never happened when someone was watching me. He's leaning a little toward to the thought that I likely would have died if I'd been alone. It's kind of hard to compare the 2 in a sense, because they're so different. After getting shot, not only the pain, but I was conscious and knew I was dying and was relieved that it would be over soon. This time I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been told. It doesn't really scare me because it wasn't painful and I figure if I'd died that way then the things I was kept here to do are done. Plus, remember a part of me wishes I had.

As for the fear of sleeping changing, not until you said something. J/K, I doubt that'll change. I went 3 nights sleeping better than I have in a long time, thanks to what my doc gave me, but last night was different. The muscle relaxer I'm getting right now turned me into a dishrag, but the sleep med didn't work right at all last night. I was awake, but having waking dreams and some nightmares for most of the night, but couldn't move hardly at all. Sometimes the inability to move was a part of the dream. In one of the waking (I think) dreams I got shot, but stayed conscious when the medic rolled me over and started working on my. I could see and feel what he was doing, but not respond or move. Ugh!

Doc is NOT going to use that particular cocktail again..... I told him the myself, and was glad he agreed.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-10-2010, 09:47   #5898
Lonestar 48
Silver Membership

While I was at rehab this morning, I asked the folks there to say a prayer for you Lone. They are a good bunch, and there thoughts will help you. I pray for all the people on here with their troubles and pains.

Sorry about the location deal, I was going the other direction around the world! Hope you do well today.

Lonestar 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:56   #5899
BobInTX

Quote:
I like to think I'm going to beat this and get better anyway. The other 2 options are to stay the same as I am now or give up and die. Of those 2 I'd choose the latter. Sorry, but it's true. But I've made some progress, so I think I'll continue. Of course you'll get to hear me gripe that it's taking too damn long..... I understand how you could feel that way. I'm sure it's probably even healthy to think about both sides. That's the kind of thing you need to discuss with your shrink, and I'm sure you have. You haven't made some progress, you've made a lot of progress.

Hey, we love to hear you gripe. It means you're still kicking.

I'm not real sure about that, but yes, I could have. My doc also said I may have stopped and restarted if left alone, but they didn't take that chance. He did mention that it's possible I've stopped and restarted on my own before, but it's never happened when someone was watching me. He's leaning a little toward to the thought that I likely would have died if I'd been alone. It's kind of hard to compare the 2 in a sense, because they're so different. After getting shot, not only the pain, but I was conscious and knew I was dying and was relieved that it would be over soon. This time I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been told. It doesn't really scare me because it wasn't painful and I figure if I'd died that way then the things I was kept here to do are done. Plus, remember a part of me wishes I had.

As for the fear of sleeping changing, not until you said something. J/K, I doubt that'll change. I went 3 nights sleeping better than I have in a long time, thanks to what my doc gave me, but last night was different. The muscle relaxer I'm getting right now turned me into a dishrag, but the sleep med didn't work right at all last night. I was awake, but having waking dreams and some nightmares for most of the night, but couldn't move hardly at all. Sometimes the inability to move was a part of the dream. In one of the waking (I think) dreams I got shot, but stayed conscious when the medic rolled me over and started working on my. I could see and feel what he was doing, but not respond or move. Ugh!

Next time just shoot them before they shoot you. Duh!

Just kidding. I saw this cartoon yesterday, and it made me think of you and all the advice we give you about your dreams. http://www.arcamax.com/doonesbury/s-795985-484032 I hate Doonesbury, though.

That sounds like a nasty one. I hate that you have to relieve the experience all of the time.

So, what was the medic saying?

Doc is NOT going to use that particular cocktail again..... I told him the myself, and was glad he agreed.
Was it a different cocktail last night?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05   #5900
BobInTX

Quote:

Heavenly Father, we come before you to pray for our friend, Lone_Wolfe.

Your child has been badly wounded and been through hell on Earth. Lord, her body has suffered greatly. She has days when she can hardly breathe and nights she can hardly sleep. Her physical therapy is tortuous without any noticeable progress. Her work ability is limited because her body is in so much pain. She is on a multitude of medications just to be able to make her pain bearable and to be able to sleep. Lord, we ask that You would heal her chest. Place Your healing hands on her rib cage and heal the cartilage and underlying tissue. Make it flexible and make the scar tissue disappear. Give her just the right physical therapy needed to make a breakthrough in her recovery. Lord, we ask you to remove her pain.

Lord, even more devastating to Lone_Wolfe has been the damage done to her mind. She has experienced the ravages of war. She was wounded within an inch of her life while trying to fulfill her mission in the war effort to rid a people of tyranny. She has had to live with guilt knowing that a friend died trying to save her life. Then she experienced an uncaring, unfeeling medic that saved her life tell her that he didn't care if she lived, or died. She has had reactions to medications that have left her mind incapable of sleep without nightmares, and incapable of concentration. Her intense pain, survivor's guilt and nightmares have left her with demons of depression, PTSD, anger, sadness, the realization that she almost died, and yes, even thoughts of suicide. She is afraid that if she starts to cry she will never stop. Lord, we've heard her question why You have kept her here, but have not heard her curse You for it. Her faith in You remains strong.

Lord, we ask with boldness that you will cure her of her mental illnesses. She has made so much progress, but she is still battling her "demons". We ask with the same faith Elijah had when he call down Your fire that you will cause her nightmares to cease. Lord, instead of depression and sadness give her joy. Instead of nightmares, give her peace. Instead of anger, let her feel Your Love. Instead of her fear of crying, send her the comfort of Your angels to let it out once and for all and to start drawing on Your strength. Let her know that even though she almost experienced death, she is alive and her life has purpose and meaning, and the future is what she makes of it. Let her continue to feel and enjoy the goodness and gentleness of the people she has touched here, and grant her patience, self-control, and faithfulness for the long road ahead. Be with her doctor and therapists, and give them the exactly the wisdom and knowledge necessary to be your instruments in this process.

Father, we know that you can make these things happen. We thank you for our friend, Lone_Wolfe. She has been an inspiration to all of us here in ways that we can't even describe. But we would give all of this up just to know that she was pain-free and mentally well. Lord, we ask all of these things in the name of Your Son, Jesus, who died for our sins so that we might live in eternity with You. Amen.
I originally posted this prayer in August. I see improvement in you since then, but it bears repeating.

God Bless You, xxxxxxx

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!