GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-19-2011, 21:15   #7351
BobInTX

Do you think that if you weren't constantly reminded on a daily basis by being in a war zone that you would continue to have the nightmares after a few weeks?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 21:16   #7352
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
They are all LIARS, remember that.

Would it help if I stayed and patted you on the back while you're going to sleep? That's what I used to do with my kids.
When I was little I slept in a crib next to Grannies bed. She reached through the rungs and held my hand. LW, I'm near you the same way.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 21:20   #7353
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX
They are all LIARS, remember that.

Would it help if I stayed and patted you on the back while you're going to sleep? That's what I used to do with my kids.
They make it sound so nice. No more pain, no more nightmares.........

The back patting could be painful if you pat too hard.

Quote:
Do you think that if you weren't constantly reminded on a daily basis by being in a war zone that you would continue to have the nightmares after a few weeks?
I don't know. It's not like I'm getting shot at anymore, since I can't go outside the wire anymore.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 21:27   #7354
BobInTX

I never pat hard. Remember, they were babies. I can sing "Jesus loves me" too if that would help.

Hey! YOU! Get out of there or I'm going to put your head on a stick!

They're liars. Your nightmares would only be starting.
Old 05-19-2011, 21:27   #7355
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
They make it sound so nice. No more pain, no more nightmares.........

The back patting could be painful if you pat too hard.
I don't know. It's not like I'm getting shot at anymore, since I can't go outside the wire anymore.
Just tell all of the little bastards to go **** themselves.
LW, you have a life to live.

No you specifically aren't getting shot at, but you still have to hide in a bunker. There are plenty of places to be, that you can feel at peace.
Old 05-19-2011, 21:41   #7356
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I never pat hard. Remember, they were babies. I can sing "Jesus loves me" too if that would help.

Hey! YOU! Get out of there or I'm going to put your head on a stick!

They're liars. Your nightmares would only be starting.
Now that would make me feel damn silly, but something tells me you'd enjoy that part.

Come put thier heads on sticks. There's a bunch of them here and they've been bugging me for days. They tell good tales, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Just tell all of the little bastards to go **** themselves.
LW, you have a life to live.

No you specifically aren't getting shot at, but you still have to hide in a bunker. There are plenty of places to be, that you can feel at peace.
I really doubt that at times.

At least my room is in a bunker. I'm not so sure I'd feel safe anywhere.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-19-2011, 23:30   #7357
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Wolfe, I thought of another positive reason for you to come back home. Right now, you are probably aggravating your chest without meaning to while you work. And, it is something you have to do whether you feel like it or not, whether you are in severe pain or having breathing problems. If you didn't have to work, you could move at your own pace. As much as you are dreading coming home, it really does sound like the best decision on so many levels. Please take this in the spirit that it is meant. I think we all want you to come home and start your life over, out of the danger zone. Your room is still waiting for you here. It is really green outside and the flowers are blooming and soon it will be so hot that I know you would totally enjoy it. There are woods and a peaceful little creek out back. I think being able to rest and exercise at your own pace would do you good. Gentle hugs.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:39   #7358
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
No, you've got it right. I worded it badly, I think. My doc has said all along that I'll never heal completely or be like I was before. I understood what he said to mean that I was getting close to as healed as I'm going to get. I guess that means I'll have to be stoned all the time like I am now because of the pain. Not what I look forward to in life.
That was what I thought you meant. For you to make a truly complete recovery would really be a miracle. I still hope you can get to the point where you can take less pain meds than you do now. Did you get any sleep last night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Wolfe, I thought of another positive reason for you to come back home. Right now, you are probably aggravating your chest without meaning to while you work. And, it is something you have to do whether you feel like it or not, whether you are in severe pain or having breathing problems. If you didn't have to work, you could move at your own pace. As much as you are dreading coming home, it really does sound like the best decision on so many levels. Please take this in the spirit that it is meant. I think we all want you to come home and start your life over, out of the danger zone. Your room is still waiting for you here. It is really green outside and the flowers are blooming and soon it will be so hot that I know you would totally enjoy it. There are woods and a peaceful little creek out back. I think being able to rest and exercise at your own pace would do you good. Gentle hugs.
Wolfe your friends here are making some good points about you staying there. Are you near the point that the VA could take over your care? I know you said you are not there yet but if you are close then you need to start making plans to return to your home. You will recognize it as soon as you get here.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 15:07   #7359
sawgrass

Here's a couple of pics for you.

Last edited by sawgrass; 05-28-2011 at 09:09..
Old 05-20-2011, 15:10   #7360
sawgrass

Crap, messed up. Trying again.

Last edited by sawgrass; 05-28-2011 at 09:09..
Old 05-20-2011, 15:14   #7361
sawgrass

We grilled brats over the fire for supper last night.
I figured out where all of the bird seed is going.
That little duck is all alone and hung out with us yesterday.
Lilacs are the MN equivalent of Crepe Myrtle in the south.
The beautiful St.Croix river.

Last edited by sawgrass; 05-20-2011 at 15:15..
Old 05-20-2011, 19:04   #7362
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I figured out where all of the bird seed is going.
That little duck is all alone and hung out with us yesterday.
Lilacs are the MN equivalent of Crepe Myrtle in the south.
The beautiful St.Croix river.
Those brats look tooo good! You're teasing me!

We had lilacs in my yard when I was growing up. I like them better than Crepes and they smell a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
That was what I thought you meant. For you to make a truly complete recovery would really be a miracle. I still hope you can get to the point where you can take less pain meds than you do now. Did you get any sleep last night?

Wolfe your friends here are making some good points about you staying there. Are you near the point that the VA could take over your care? I know you said you are not there yet but if you are close then you need to start making plans to return to your home. You will recognize it as soon as you get here.
I've already been told enough times that complete recovery won't happen and I'll eat pain meds until they put me in the ground. I got maybe an hour sleep last night and about an hour so far tonight. Neither my doc or shrink thinks I'm to the point that the VA could really give me what I need. They'll pretty much just throw meds at me, and I'm getting a lot more than that here. In fact I found out recently that I'll most likely be here until around October and I got approved for leave this summer. I know I'll recognize my house, but last time I was here it felt like I was staying in someone elses house. That's what I was trying to say.

Quote:
You have a good point about working, although I don't do much of anything physical. Sometimes it hurts just to sit in front of a computer and do what I need to, and I'd rather be able to lay down until the worst of the pain passes. That room sounds so inviting, I can't wait to come up there and spend some time with you.

Quote:
Me too.

I have to do some repair work on my deck and restain it before our family reunion this year. Y'all can come drink beer and supervise. Tell Mandy if she don't behave I'll use her as a paint applicator. She better watch out though, cause there are a couple of Toms hanging around here. I'd hate for her to go home pregnant.
She didn't get pregnant in WV when she met Mitch and Mitch Jr, so I think she'll teach those tomcats some manners. But I wouldn't mind some little Mandy kittens. As for you using her as a paint applicator, well she's got something for you. She asked me ro repost this pic of her as a small reminder.....
Okie Memorial Area

So who's going to use who to spread paint around?........ But I like the idea of coming over and 'supervising'.

Quote:
Wolfe 'you got this'. You've come too far.
I've come a ways, but lately I think I'm slipping right back again.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-21-2011, 12:54   #7363
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I've already been told enough times that complete recovery won't happen and I'll eat pain meds until they put me in the ground. I got maybe an hour sleep last night and about an hour so far tonight. Neither my doc or shrink thinks I'm to the point that the VA could really give me what I need. They'll pretty much just throw meds at me, and I'm getting a lot more than that here. In fact I found out recently that I'll most likely be here until around October and I got approved for leave this summer. I know I'll recognize my house, but last time I was here it felt like I was staying in someone elses house. That's what I was trying to say.

I've come a ways, but lately I think I'm slipping right back again.
I understand your reason for staying as long as you have but I hope you reach the point you can leave there soon. You are getting ahead in some ways by staying there but are losing in others. Your mind must be constantly on alert even when you do sleep. I think BobInTX is not the one actually sleeping with one eye open.

So how much leave time did you get and when are you taking it?

Where is everyone today? Did they all get raptured or did Mandy scare them away? Wolfe did you get raptured?
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 14:50   #7364
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<<<< Not raptured. I hope you had a quiet day Sweetheart; no breathing attacks or pain.
Old 05-21-2011, 18:21   #7365
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
<<<<<<< Not raptured. I hope you had a quiet day Sweetheart; no breathing attacks or pain.: hearts:: grouphug:: iloveyou:
Most of the day was quiet, except when the hajjis decided it was too quiet around here....

I can't say I didn't have pain or breathing problems though, I definitely did. It's not quite as bad as it has been, but I'm still trying to squeeze poor bob's hand off. I went in earlier and got some extra meds for the pain, but I hadn;t taken my shower and I didn't have Mandy, so I convinced them to give me a ride back here tonight. I'm stoned pretty bad and hope I can fall asleep shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I understand your reason for staying as long as you have but I hope you reach the point you can leave there soon. You are getting ahead in some ways by staying there but are losing in others. Your mind must be constantly on alert even when you do sleep. I think BobInTX is not the one actually sleeping with one eye open.

So how much leave time did you get and when are you taking it?

Where is everyone today? Did they all get raptured or did Mandy scare them away?: rofl: Wolfe did you get raptured?
Nope, I didn't go anywhere. Doubt I would even if there had been a rapture. But I'm a bit worried about Bob, engineer, G26g, sawgrass, and a bunch of others I haven't seen today. Somehow I knew I wouldn't have to worry about you, though.

You've got a point about that, but I've always been a light sleeper. Just before the AD allergy I COULD sleep without being forced to. I get about 3 weeks and I'm taking it this summer.

My shrink started pushing me a bit today, said he wants to get me past this shutdown I've been in. I think he got a little out of me today, not much.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-21-2011, 18:30   #7366
Zonny

Mandy kitties
Old 05-21-2011, 18:37   #7367
sawgrass

Naturally I'm still here!
Sleep well LW.
Old 05-21-2011, 18:55   #7368
BobInTX

Still here. Although "here" is a bit further west than normal. Mrs Bob and I are in Idaho for some continuing education for my work. We are real tired because our day started about 12 midnight about 15 minutes after we went to bed. We got a call from the airline that our first flight was delayed three hours. We would miss our second flight. So we got our itinerary changed so we could just drive to Dallas and make our second flight. On the way I had to dodge three deer on the interstate. Then we ran into heavy fog. We made it ok.

LW, so this is what sleep deprivation feels like.

Last edited by BobInTX; 05-21-2011 at 18:56..
Old 05-21-2011, 19:21   #7369
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Hey, I'm still here, Wolfe! Glad the others are, too!! Hope your sleep improves tonight. Sometimes, I feel like we are in similar cycles. I hadn't slept for a couple of nights, then last night I finally fell asleep around 5 am and got some good sleep. Insomnia totally stinks!!!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 20:31   #7370
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
I still have both of mine, so let me know if you need any brats for the next grilling session

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 20:47   #7371
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I still have both of mine, so let me know if you need any brats for the next grilling session
I had to read that twice.It won't work. They won't fit on the skewers.

Bob I'm glad you made it safely.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:22   #7372
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 18:58   #7373
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
Mandy kitties
I agree, she's my baby. Here's another pic I took of her a while back after I gave her a rough night, then left for a while. I managed to get my camera and take this withough waking her.

Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey: hearts:: hugs:
Love you too, okie.

Quote:
Naturally I'm still here!: supergrin:
Sleep well LW.
Oh good, I'd really have missed you if you were gone. And no, I don't mean missed you like I wish the Afghani's had missed. me.

I'll try the sleep thing again in a few minutes.

Quote:
Still here. Although "here" is a bit further west than normal. Mrs Bob and I are in Idaho for some continuing education for my work. We are real tired because our day started about 12 midnight about 15 minutes after we went to bed. We got a call from the airline that our first flight was delayed three hours. We would miss our second flight. So we got our itinerary changed so we could just drive to Dallas and make our second flight. On the way I had to dodge three deer on the interstate. Then we ran into heavy fog. We made it ok.

LW, so this is what sleep deprivation feels like.
It sucks, doesn't it? At least you were able to find another way to get there OK. What part of Idaho? That's not the first place I'd think of to go for work related training. Hope you get to get out and enjoy the scenery while you're there.

Quote:
Hey, I'm still here, Wolfe! Glad the others are, too!! Hope your sleep improves tonight. Sometimes, I feel like we are in similar cycles. I hadn't slept for a couple of nights, then last night I finally fell asleep around 5 am and got some good sleep. Insomnia totally stinks!!!!
Hiya, glad to see you as always, and glad you got some good sleep. I got a few hours, but still not near enough. My doc mentioned having me sleep at the hospital without being knocked out beyond my usual sleep meds for a couple of nights. I was asking if maybe my thrashing around at night was causing all the problems I'm having right now and he said he'd have to have someone watch and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Quote:
I had to read that twice.: rofl:It won't work. They won't fit on the skewers.

Bob I'm glad you made it safely.
sawgrass, can't you just get bigger skewers?

How you doing, lady Glock?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-22-2011, 23:59   #7374
BobInTX

Quote:
It sucks, doesn't it? At least you were able to find another way to get there OK. What part of Idaho? That's not the first place I'd think of to go for work related training. Hope you get to get out and enjoy the scenery while you're there.
I'm at Coeur D'Alene Lake in Northern Idaho. I have to have 40 hours continuing education every year for my license. A company puts on several resort conferences every year so I try to go to one. We've never been here so we decided to come. My company pays for it. We've been to Las Vegas several times, Charleston, Tucson, Maui, New Orleans and now here. We hope to go to Maui again next year because every 5th year is free. The classes, that is. I get 30 of my 40 hours because we are in class from 7:30 to 1:00, so we are free in the afternoon to play.
Old 05-23-2011, 00:25   #7375
gemeinschaft
AKA Fluffy316

Send a message via AIM to gemeinschaft Send a message via Yahoo to gemeinschaft Send a message via Skype™ to gemeinschaft
We have you on the prayer board at my church. I hope you get to come home soon and have some brats around the campfire.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!