Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2010, 17:26   #5861
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
........No, I got to give that medic credit, he didn't quit when most would have. I got to give him credit for that, since I couldn't give him a hug when I saw him again. He claimed he did for a medal, and a part of me believes him I also think he's the type who wouldn't want to accept defeat. Either way, he pulled off what I've been told a bunch of times was a miracle for whatever reason.

Greg, I just can't imagine what he was thinking with an Afghani still there waiting for him. I like to think I'd have done the same if he'd been shot first, but I might have been too scared to be able to move. I just wish he'd been too scared, too. Or at least I did up until July 21st. Now I know that just more than me and Greg would be affected........
I think the Medal line was a cop-out! He is the type that could not just man-up & accept the thanks.
Anyrate,........I'm very happy he did what he did, many are.

Greg,.......he did what many would have done. He saw a friend, a comrade, a Soldier in need.
He chose to do what he thought had to be done. His selfless act saved your life.
It was HIS choice, he chose to save you.

Love ya Sweetie!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 00:52   #5862
23skidoo
Deceased

Take my hand Sweetheart and let's nap with no dreams. Squeeze free hugs and a gentle goodnight
Old 11-06-2010, 02:27   #5863
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Take my hand Sweetheart and let's nap with no dreams. Squeeze free hugs and a gentle goodnight
Hope you're sleeping good, because it's daytime for me and I'm busy at work.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:15   #5864
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Hope you're sleeping good, because it's daytime for me and I'm busy at work.
Tonight, your time.........
Old 11-06-2010, 07:20   #5865
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:21   #5866
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Are you saying you use filthy words?!?!

I got to give him credit for having nads, he's braver than I ever thought of being. Wish I could thank him for his service. I see the parallel you point out, though. I'm not the best person all around either. I'm not arrogant, but I have my share of other flaws. I think you're saying that shouldn't take away from the things I've done right and that makes sense. It's a good thing it doesn't work that way, too.

Greg, I just can't imagine what he was thinking with an Afghani still there waiting for him. I like to think I'd have done the same if he'd been shot first, but I might have been too scared to be able to move. I just wish he'd been too scared, too. Or at least I did up until July 21st. Now I know that just more than me and Greg would be affected.

I guess it's a good think there's a lot of people fighting for me, I know I couldn't do it alone.

I meant it like someone who runs into a burning building to get someone, or someone who would run into the line of fire to drag someone else to cover, but OK, Touche'. I still don't think of myself as any hero, but I can see why you might. I can understand being called a hero, at least for that day. Does that mean I'll be a hero all my life, I doubt it. Except maybe to Skidoo. But maybe to one person is enough.

You should have been on the debate team....
Wolfe I would never use bad language.

Without reason.

You say you are not brave but you are wrong. I was just telling a friend about the day my husband accosted me in the hospital parking lot and you put yourself in his path. Do you remember that? He was there to possibly hurt me and you were anything but frozen with fear. Yes I know you will say that 44 magnum in your hand gave you courage but that was not all of it. You had it hidden from my husband's sight but still he backed down because he saw the strength in you. You have more courage than you give yourself credit for.

You don't have to do it alone.

Yes. Touche. Score the point to BobInTx because he's right. You are a hero in more ways that one and you always will be to some of us. You have finally admitted it now please never forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I think the Medal line was a cop-out! He is the type that could not just man-up & accept the thanks.
Anyrate,........I'm very happy he did what he did, many are.

Greg,.......he did what many would have done. He saw a friend, a comrade, a Soldier in need.
He chose to do what he thought had to be done. His selfless act saved your life.
It was HIS choice, he chose to save you.

Love ya Sweetie!
faawrenchbndr I think you have described that medic well. He may be another case of a great hero and a not so good person. At any rate I'm also very glad he was able to keep Wolfe alive until the hospital staff could take over. Then I'm glad they were able to save her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:27   #5867
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Old 11-07-2010, 08:19   #5868
23skidoo
Deceased

Good evening Sweetheart! I hope it has been a good day.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:19   #5869
BobInTX

Where is everybody?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:21   #5870
Tenngunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Where is everybody?
I was wondering the same thing. I've been busy over the weekend could not post much.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38   #5871
BobInTX

Anybody heard from Lone_Wolfe? She hasn't been on GT in two days. That's not like her.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:58   #5872
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Anybody heard from Lone_Wolfe? She hasn't been on GT in two days. That's not like her.
My doc has heard from Lone_Wolfe. Quite a bit in the last couple days, unfortunately. I got good news and bad news. The bad news in I had a breathing attack, the painful kind. It wasn't a real tight one, just painful. I went to the hospital and thought it was getting better, but the next thing I knew I was waking up and my doc told me I'd passed out and quit breathing entirely. That scared my doc because I've never quit like that before. He said I wasn't breathing for a couple minutes max because there was someone there, but that I'm damn lucky I was there instead of in my room. What's messed up is that I wasn't going to go in because I figured it would hurt like hell for a while then just pass, but I was about out of my extra meds that I carry. So I went in.

The good news is that my doc was adamant hat I had to stay even after it was over, and decided since I was there to try a different nightcap on me. Saturday I slept over 7 hours for the first time since 2008. I had a nightmare that I remember, but it was like watching it on TV thanks to the Xanax. Last night I slept about 7 hours again over a period of 8 Ĺ hours. I had some really weird, very bad dreams, the kind that trouble me, but none of what I consider to be a nightmare. For once I didn't get shot, at least not with a normal looking AK-47 doing the normal damage. The downside is my doc is afraid to let me take this cocktail unmonitored, so I either got to sleep at the hospital of he's got to find something milder that'll do the trick.

Just recently I offered to PM Skidoo one of my usual muscle relaxers and he made the comment that they'd have him in the sweet peas. Well the one they had me on the last couple nights had ME in the sweet peas!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-08-2010, 13:05   #5873
engineer151515

<< Very glad you were at the hospital.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 13:06   #5874
23skidoo
Deceased

Take my hand sweetheart and let's find those sweet peas. Fifteen hours sleep in two days? No squeezing
Old 11-08-2010, 13:20   #5875
Tenngunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

Yes, very glad. I hope these breathing spells stop soon. Take care.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 13:25   #5876
BobInTX

I figured it was either a) hajjinet troubles or b) breathing problems. Glad you're still with us. Does doc think the stopping breathing incident is drug related or medical?

Wolfe, did you get the pic I sent you this weekend?
Old 11-08-2010, 13:59   #5877
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I figured it was either a) hajjinet troubles or b) breathing problems. Glad you're still with us. Does doc think the stopping breathing incident is drug related or medical?

Wolfe, did you get the pic I sent you this weekend?
Doc's really not sure why this time was different. He's seen me have worse breathing attacks several times and he didn't give me any meds or doses I haven't had dozens of times before. He said it was like I finally gave up, or should I say my body gave up. When I found out later I was torn between being relieved that I was at the hospital when it happened and the thought that if I'd stayed in my CHU this could all be over now. But I think the feeling of relief is the stronger now, finally. A year, or even 6 months ago the opposite would have been the case.

That's a great pic, you're a nice looking guy.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-08-2010, 14:01   #5878
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 15:20   #5879
BobInTX

Wolfe, they raised over $7 million dollars for breast cancer research at the walk in Dallas this weekend. I really want to thank you and sawgrass and others I don't know as well for contributing, as well as other people here on GT that told me they were contributing to other people for walks all around the country.

My daughter wound up walking about 35 miles. She got dehydrated Friday night, after walking 19 miles, and could not get warm, and we had to go get her (11 pm) and take her to her in-law's house (we were closest to camp). The medical staff made her lay out Saturday and drink a lot of fluids, and then she went back to camp Sat. night and walked the whole way on Sunday. I'm really proud of her.

There were a lot of breast cancer survivors on the walk. I thought about you a lot and what you were having to go through in your own struggles to survive, and of course, my mother.

Last edited by BobInTX; 11-08-2010 at 15:22..
Old 11-08-2010, 15:24   #5880
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: hugs:: kiss:
Okie!!!! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
: angel:
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Yes, very glad. I hope these breathing spells stop soon. Take care.
I hope they do, too. they had gotten a bit milder and less often for a little while, but seem to have come back with a vengeance. Ugh. And thank you, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa CruZin View Post
Hi there, How you been? Hope you've had a better weekend that I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Take my hand sweetheart and let's find those sweet peas. Fifteen hours sleep in two days?: snoopy: No squeezing: hearts:: smootchie::i loveyou:
Good, no squeezing. I'm off the you-know-where for the night. Damn, I miss my bunker with the private head! It'll be worth it to get some sleep though. I just hope these meds don't quit working after a couple weeks like the ones I've used before. The idea of 8 hours sleep a night sounds like luxury living. And 8 hours nightmare-free will make me thing I've gone to heaven, except the chest pain followed me. Now to get rid of that too.......

Nite all.....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!