GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-18-2011, 13:51   #7326
engineer151515

cellphone camera struggles in the fading light but the effect is interesting.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 05-18-2011, 18:10   #7327
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I recently heard that Calicos, which have three ( or more) colors, are generally female, but the fact is that if, IF, you get a male calico that's tri-colored, it's a rare one.

True LW?
Yep, true. Male calicos are really rare. I posted a pic of one in the Caturday thread a while back. Actually a cat doesnít have to be a calico, it can be a tortie with no white and still almost always be a girl. As long as the cat has 2 non-white colors. Cat colors are carried on the X chromosome, females have 3, while the males have an X and a Y. On the rare occasion you see a male calico itís a genetic screw-up with XXY chromosomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
cellphone camera struggles in the fading light but the effect is interesting.
Nice! I like the effect too. Where it that?

Speaking of pics, I took this one earlier this evening. Apparently SOMEONE told Mandy that she couldnít have any chocolate, and she grabbed my knife out of my locker and was waiting on meÖÖÖ..
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo
: hugs:
back as long as you donít plan to squeeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Hiya! Got your PM, glad to hear you made it through. Enjoy the fun tomorrow!

I finally got to sit down with my doc this morning and get the skinny on my MRI. Bad news and good news. The good news is most of the internal injury is still healing, too slowly, but he said from the inside Iím pretty much healed. He said he still knew it hurt, but that was normal. The bad news was up front on either side of the sternum. That area is inflamed and aggravated, and heís not sure why. I canít remember doing anything that would have caused it, and my terrorist has been working me, but not THAT hard. My doc had changed out my anti-inflammatory a few months back because of some side effects I had, but starting tomorrow heís switching me back to the stronger stuff. Iím hoping that does some good, because this has been really wearing on me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 18:36   #7328
sawgrass

Have you been thrashing around in your sleep? Great news that there is some healing. Hopefully the meds will reduce the inflamation. The constant pain has to wear on you. Just remember that you are one tough lady. I'm really proud of you LW. Hang in there.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 20:42   #7329
BobInTX

And you know I'm proud of you, too.

At least now your doc knows what's wrong and can develop a plan for it. Considering you shouldn't even be alive it's terrific that your inside injuries are healed.

No wonder you hurt. I mean now. I haven't forgotten the original cause.

Now we know what to pray for. For Mr Inflammation to go away.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 00:52   #7330
23skidoo
Deceased

You make me proud every single day Sweetheart. I hope the 'new' anti - inflammatory brings you relief. No squeezing
Old 05-19-2011, 09:00   #7331
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

Nice! I like the effect too. Where it that?

These are all Fairhope Pier and park surroundings, in the fading sunlight, with a 0.3 megapixel (aack) camera on a Samsung A177 cellphone.

I guess I like a challenge.

For instance - a seagull in flight under said conditions.
Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by engineer151515; 05-19-2011 at 09:03..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:08   #7332
engineer151515

Quote:

Speaking of pics, I took this one earlier this evening. Apparently SOMEONE told Mandy that she couldnít have any chocolate, and she grabbed my knife out of my locker and was waiting on meÖÖÖ..
Okie Memorial Area
Daughter's Maine Coon named Sabastian likes to steal pillows.

Okie Memorial Area

Marylin the Illegal Cat approves.
Okie Memorial Area
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19   #7333
BobInTX

Mandy's looking a little wired and frazzled in that pic. You HAVE been squeezing the stuffing out of her, haven't you?

I think you might want to reconsider the chocolate. She looks out for blood.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:15   #7334
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Marylin the Illegal Cat approves.
Okie Memorial Area
You will have Wolfe down there for sure if you keep showing pictures of that beautiful cat.

Quote:
I finally got to sit down with my doc this morning and get the skinny on my MRI. Bad news and good news. The good news is most of the internal injury is still healing, too slowly, but he said from the inside Iím pretty much healed. He said he still knew it hurt, but that was normal. The bad news was up front on either side of the sternum. That area is inflamed and aggravated, and heís not sure why. I canít remember doing anything that would have caused it, and my terrorist has been working me, but not THAT hard. My doc had changed out my anti-inflammatory a few months back because of some side effects I had, but starting tomorrow heís switching me back to the stronger stuff. Iím hoping that does some good, because this has been really wearing on me.
Wolfe when you talked to me you said this a little differently. What you told me was that your doctor thought you had healed as much as you were going to but would never be fully healed. Is that what you meant here or did your doctor define it in more detail than you gave me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post

At least now your doc knows what's wrong and can develop a plan for it. Considering you shouldn't even be alive it's terrific that your inside injuries are healed.

No wonder you hurt. I mean now. I haven't forgotten the original cause.

There are many of us who are very proud of you including me. You have come a long way and have overcome a lot of adversity along the way. I hope you doctor can figure out what keeps causing you these setbacks instead of just throwing more meds at them. If you can fix the problem at the cause you might be able to reduce your meds and still be able to function. Is there any chance that sawgrass might be right about you thrashing enough in your sleep to cause it?

BobInTX I doubt Wolfe has forgotten the original cause of her pain either.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:40   #7335
BobInTX

No doubt.
Old 05-19-2011, 20:11   #7336
sawgrass

Wolfe 'you got this'. You've come too far.
Old 05-19-2011, 20:11   #7337
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
These are all Fairhope Pier and park surroundings, in the fading sunlight, with a 0.3 megapixel (aack) camera on a Samsung A177 cellphone.

I guess I like a challenge.

For instance - a seagull in flight under said conditions.
You must, youíre trying to help me.

And those are beautiful pics in spite of being taken on a cell phone. My slow connection appreciates their small size. And I appreciate you showing them to me.

Quote:
Have you been thrashing around in your sleep? Great news that there is some healing. Hopefully the meds will reduce the inflamation. The constant pain has to wear on you. Just remember that you are one tough lady. I'm really proud of you LW. Hang in there.
I know I thrash around some because of the nightmare and such, but doc thinks this is a lot worse than just thrashing would cause. I know I havenít launched Mandy for a while, so maybe Iím just wishful thinking that Iím not thrashing too badly in my sleep. Maybe I should press him more on the subject.

Quote:

At least now your doc knows what's wrong and can develop a plan for it. Considering you shouldn't even be alive So why am I still here? it's terrific that your inside injuries are healed.

No wonder you hurt. I mean now. I haven't forgotten the original cause. NO S***!, I havenít either! But then how can I, since I get to see it again most nights...

Quote:
Mandy's looking a little wired and frazzled in that pic. You HAVE been squeezing the stuffing out of her, haven't you?

I think you might want to reconsider the chocolate. She looks out for blood.
You thought I was kidding, didnít you? I wasnít, that poor cat has caught hell from me. I think sheíd like to use that knife on me even if I did give her my chocolate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe when you talked to me you said this a little differently. What you told me was that your doctor thought you had healed as much as you were going to but would never be fully healed. Is that what you meant here or did your doctor define it in more detail than you gave me?
No, you've got it right. I worded it badly, I think. My doc has said all along that I'll never heal completely or be like I was before. I understood what he said to mean that I was getting close to as healed as I'm going to get. I guess that means I'll have to be stoned all the time like I am now because of the pain. Not what I look forward to in life.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-19-2011, 20:14   #7338
sawgrass

effen hell, it's about 5 something in the am there!

Have you been to sleep?
Old 05-19-2011, 20:18   #7339
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
effen hell, it's about 5 something in the am there!

Have you been to sleep?
Sleep? What's that?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-19-2011, 20:22   #7340
sawgrass

Quote:
Sleep? What's that?
Me thinks it's about time for you to come home.
Old 05-19-2011, 20:24   #7341
BobInTX

I don't know what you are still doing there. I don't think you are going to know until you get back home. You're not going to find it in Iraq, so it may be a while before you find out. I think some of the rest of us here don't know why we are here, either, so you're not alone in that.

Nah, Mandy's not going to hurt you. She needs someone to go to the DFAC for her to get cookies.

I'm hoping you just left your computer on and you're not still on it at this hour.
Old 05-19-2011, 20:26   #7342
BobInTX

Well, since you posted while I was writing that I guess you're still awake. Crappy night, huh?
Old 05-19-2011, 20:31   #7343
sawgrass

OK. Bob and I are totally on the same wave link again and we have not talked. LW, are you thinking about the next step? Coming home.

Bob, fishing was absolutely fantastic today. We caught at least 100 fish, representing 10 different species. We brought home enough walleye for a few days. We threw back anything under 15" and over 22". It was GREAT!
Old 05-19-2011, 20:33   #7344
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Me thinks it's about time for you to come home.
I'm not sure I want or if I would even recognize it anymore.

Quote:
Well, since you posted while I was writing that I guess you're still awake. Crappy night, huh?
Yeah, kinda. I'm totally stoned on pain meds, but can't sleep worth a damn.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-19-2011, 20:40   #7345
sawgrass

Quote:
I'm not sure I want or if I would even recognize it anymore.
LW, you aren't in any shape for me to kick your behind. Coming from a place of love of course.

Go to bed, if conditions permit, close your eyes and think of something that soothes you. I want to sit on your deck and admire your trees!
Old 05-19-2011, 20:42   #7346
BobInTX

Sawgrass, I could go to the same spot tomorrow and not catch a dang thing. That's my kind of luck. ha ha

When I said I didn't know what she was still doing there it was in reply to her saying "So why am I still here" in response to me saying that she shouldn't even be alive.

I know why she's in Iraq. To get medical and psychiatric care and save up some money. And also because, ironically, she feels safer there than she does in her own house. Right, LW?

I know Giving Up is there with you tonight. Tell him to get lost.
Old 05-19-2011, 20:47   #7347
BobInTX

Quote:
LW, you aren't in any shape for me to kick your behind. Coming from a place of love of course.

Go to bed, if conditions permit, close your eyes and think of something that soothes you. I want to sit on your deck and admire your trees!
Me too.

I have to do some repair work on my deck and restain it before our family reunion this year. Y'all can come drink beer and supervise. Tell Mandy if she don't behave I'll use her as a paint applicator. She better watch out though, cause there are a couple of Toms hanging around here. I'd hate for her to go home pregnant.
Old 05-19-2011, 20:51   #7348
sawgrass

Quote:
Yes, and to take his friends with him.

I 'got' the rest of Bob's post but I am starting to think about you coming home LW. I can't help but think about the effects of you still being there and heading for the bunkers. I guess to some degree I thinking about the chicken and the egg.

We love you LW. Maybe no hugs, just know that we are all within arms reach and waiting for whatever you need.
Old 05-19-2011, 20:56   #7349
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

You'd have it easy if you wanted to kick my ass.

I'm in bed, just can't sleep. I almost did earlier, but Mr Nightmare was waiting on me. I'll try again in a few minutes, as stoned as I am I should have long since been alseep.

Quote:
Sawgrass, I could go to the same spot tomorrow and not catch a dang thing. That's my kind of luck. ha ha
Mine too.

When I said I didn't know what she was still doing there it was in reply to her saying "So why am I still here" in response to me saying that she shouldn't even be alive. That was how I meant it.

I know why she's in Iraq. To get medical and psychiatric care and save up some money. And also because, ironically, she feels safer there than she does in her own house. Right, LW? Yep, right on all counts. Especially #'s 1, 2, and 4. Seems ironic to listen to the base getting blown up again and feel safe, right?
He's got some friends here with him and they sure can make their ideas sound appealing.;

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-19-2011, 21:13   #7350
BobInTX

They are all LIARS, remember that.

Would it help if I stayed and patted you on the back while you're going to sleep? That's what I used to do with my kids.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!