Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:01   #7251
23skidoo
Deceased

You are still healing Sweetheart; we see it every day, even though the healing process is painful for you, we are grateful because that process will allow you to live your life in peace and reclaim your old life which is what we all want.
Old 05-06-2011, 13:21   #7252
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The windstorm from a couple of weeks ago blew down one of the trees on the riverbank so I've got a nice big stick to add to Bob's collection and you get your choice of demon heads with which to adorn it. Batter up!

::
We have several down trees around here that I would be happy to donate to make more sticks from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Actually tonight I think you need several of those branches to make sticks out if. Start wuth the usual suspects and make sure you get Chest Pain, Breathing Problems, and thier cohorts too. Maybe even get my physical terrorist while you're at it, he had me crying today.
I think ew will leave your physical terrorist alone because he is helping you but I would be happy to put those demons and more on fresh sticks.

Quote:
I heard the good news, I'm smiling right now. If not for that bastard I wouldn't have been in the sandbox to get shot in the first place, so he gets some of the blame. I hope the 72 Virginians are having fun.

I'll talk about my shrink and terrorist later, and have fun with those demons and your bat.
I hope they are too. It was happy news around here.

Quote:
Yes, it is. He's been pretty hard on me again and I can feel it big time right now. He claims I'm making progress, but I think he guages that by how loud I scream or how much I cry when he torments me. By that guage I must be making a lot of progress.

True, from all Iíve heard Ďvery nearlyí was an understatement. Considering that I started 2009 flat on my back and heavily sedated in a hospital I damn sure donít want to go back there. Or even back to mid 2009 when drug allergies royally screwed up my mind. I canít believe Iíve been almost 2 years just getting over that part of it. And youíre welcome, you and everyone.
Wolfe you know he is not hurting you because he enjoys it. If he was doing that we really would come after him. He has helped you a lot but you still have a long way to go so he has to keep working you hard.

I think you may not realize just how far you have come both physically and mentally. You just want the healing to come faster but it can take time to come back from the brink like you were. I think the process is beginning to speed up now that you have had several breakthroughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Has anyone else had trouble getting into Glock Talk the last couple of days?
I thought that I was kicked out or something, but it worked tonight. Hi Wolfe, glad to see you writing. Stay safe!!
It seems I missed the fun. I was unable to get in once but thought the trouble was on my end until Wolfe told me Glocktalk had been hacked. She also told me that several people are still having trouble getting on.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 18:57   #7253
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Thank goodness for backups.

I'm back in on my iPhone!
Looks like Eric's getting the bugs worked out. Hopefully everyone will be able to get back on soon.

Quote:
No, I don't. They're not in my yard. I planted some perrenials of all kinds a couple of weeks ago. I promise when they bloom I'll send you pics. May not be til next year, though.
Guess that means I got to stick around, eh?

I thought of that, but wrote it anyway.
I figured you had.

It will.
Yeah, promises, promises.....

Do you just want me to post the writing assignment questions, or are you going to write the story again? Either way is fine with me.

Don't be surprised if I ask you something new. You never know what I may think of.

I would appreciate your prayers on Thursday. I'm having the LASIK on my right eye touched up. It's just a little off. I have to go back to DFW to get it done. This is our fourth trip there in a month. Two previous were for eye dr appts and this past weekend was for fishing. But did I mention that my grandbabies live there?
I talked to my shrink again and he seems to think your bright idea was the best, have me redo the whole damn thing in here, plus he wants to see what I write. Yeah, I'm being sarcastic about the bright idea comment. I was hoping he'd say to skip at least part of it, but he wants me to dredge it out and relive it over and over again.

I know I didn't get to post anything about it, but I hope your Lasik went well and you're back to perfect vision. Wish Lasik could help my eyes. Oh really? Your Grandbabies live there? Who'da thunk it? Do we get fresh pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Has anyone else had trouble getting into Glock Talk the last couple of days?
I thought that I was kicked out or something, but it worked tonight. Hi Wolfe, glad to see you writing. Stay safe!!
You just have no idea of the joy in Eric's life these last few days. First, hackers changed everyone's status line to say Hacked by CONTRA-recoders.org. Then after Eric fixed that they took GT down for 27 hours (according to Eric). He's still working out the kinks.

Quote:
You are still healing Sweetheart; we see it every day, even though the healing process is painful for you, we are grateful because that process will allow you to live your life in peace and reclaim your old life which is what we all want. : hugs:: hugs::hugs :: hearts:
No kidding about the painful, I'm tired of it. Reclaim my old life or create a new one? My doc and physical terrorist both have said I won't be able to do a lot of things I used to be able to, so I kind of think reclaiming my old life might not work so well. I'm not even going to go into what my shrink thinks. I'll just settle for a life where my chest isn't screaming all the time. This rainy weather isn't helping matters, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe you know he is not hurting you because he enjoys it. If he was doing that we really would come after him. He has helped you a lot but you still have a long way to go so he has to keep working you hard.

I think you may not realize just how far you have come both physically and mentally. You just want the healing to come faster but it can take time to come back from the brink like you were. I think the process is beginning to speed up now that you have had several breakthroughs.
Come after him anyways! Please! He made me again today. But then so did my shrink, and not the damn rain's trying to again.

I hope it's speeding up. It's just hard to tell because so much of the mountain is still in front of me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 19:58   #7254
BobInTX

Well, it wasn't really a bright idea. I just went back to the beginning. I'm totally innocent.

Are you sure Lasik can't help your eyes? I didn't think they could help mine either. They have made a lot of improvements. I was -6.0 before the lasik.

This procedure went well and I can now see better out of the right eye than the left. It was reversed. The left is too close to 20/20 to mess with. I think this is going to help my night vision, too. The right is still a little cloudy but that will clear up in a day or too.

So, are you going to start writing soon?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:36   #7255
okie
GT Mayor

Happy Mothers day sweetheart, I love you
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:01   #7256
sawgrass

LW what's up?
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39   #7257
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW what's up?
I would like to know that myself

Quote:
Well, it wasn't really a bright idea. I just went back to the beginning. I'm totally innocent.

Are you sure Lasik can't help your eyes? I didn't think they could help mine either. They have made a lot of improvements. I was -6.0 before the lasik.

This procedure went well and I can now see better out of the right eye than the left. It was reversed. The left is too close to 20/20 to mess with. I think this is going to help my night vision, too. The right is still a little cloudy but that will clear up in a day or too.

BobInTX I'm glad to hear your eyes responded well. Now you can see better to hit Wolfe and make her start writing again.

How are your grandchildren doing?

Quote:
I talked to my shrink again and he seems to think your bright idea was the best, have me redo the whole damn thing in here, plus he wants to see what I write. Yeah, I'm being sarcastic about the bright idea comment. I was hoping he'd say to skip at least part of it, but he wants me to dredge it out and relive it over and over again.

No kidding about the painful, I'm tired of it. Reclaim my old life or create a new one? My doc and physical terrorist both have said I won't be able to do a lot of things I used to be able to, so I kind of think reclaiming my old life might not work so well. I'm not even going to go into what my shrink thinks. I'll just settle for a life where my chest isn't screaming all the time. This rainy weather isn't helping matters, either.

Come after him anyways! Please! He made me again today. But then so did my shrink, and not the damn rain's trying to again.
It sounds like you had best show yourself and start writing. What happened last night? We missed your post.

You do have to rebuild a life that will be new but will also have elements of your old life. Take the best things you can from both and build something you can enjoy. I hope the rain and your physical terrorist have been gentle to you today.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 17:03   #7258
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope your chest is not screaming at you tonight. Rest well tonight, no squeezing :earts:
Old 05-08-2011, 18:41   #7259
BobInTX

SR, the grandkids are doing great. The baby is 3 mos old now.

I think the LASIK enhancement on my right eye helped. I could see the screen at the front of church better today. It's still healing so it's a little cloudy. I'm really blessed and thankful for this technology.

Wolfe, are you not talking to us?
Old 05-08-2011, 18:52   #7260
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Happy Mothers day sweetheart, I love you : hugs:
Love you too, okie, and thank you.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope your chest is not screaming at you tonight. Rest well tonight, no squeezing : hugs:: hugs::earts:: iloveyou:
It's alternating between screaming and explaining in great detail why getting shot was a really crappy idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
It sounds like you had best show yourself and start writing. What happened last night? We missed your post.
I went into the hospital to get something for the pain flare-ups, and because of the weather and other things they decided to just knock me out and keep me there. I didn't object, but didn't have my phone or even Mandy with me.

You do have to rebuild a life that will be new but will also have elements of your old life. Take the best things you can from both and build something you can enjoy. I hope the rain and your physical terrorist have been gentle to you today.
There's some parts of my old life that I'll miss. At the risk of incurring sawgrass's wrath I'll admit that I'll miss riding my bikes. I know I'll miss being able to do the yardwork I used to do. I'll have to find new things I like to do. Besides talk to my GT friends, that is.

No, neither one was gentle today. The damn rain tends to roll in, then out withing a couple hours and bring the pressure changes with it. I can feel them in detail.

Quote:
LW what's up?
The sky, gas prices, the wind around here lately...... Oh, and unfortunately, me. I'm trying to sleep, but it hasn't happened yet. How you doing?

Quote:
Well, it wasn't really a bright idea. I just went back to the beginning. I'm totally innocent. : whistling:
Suuuuuure you are......

I've been told the Lasik wouldn't because the main problem with them is just age. Once I hit 40 I started losing near vision and have to wear reading glasses now. I may look into it, but I sure won't let the VA do it.

I guess I'll start writing tomorrow, before you folks come over with your bats and make me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-08-2011, 19:04   #7261
sawgrass

I hope you sleep soon.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 21:10   #7262
BobInTX

Nah, it won't help the presbyopia. That's the muscles in your eyes, not the lens. I still wear readers. But at least I can see past my nose now.
Old 05-09-2011, 15:14   #7263
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're feeling better today.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 05-09-2011 at 15:14..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 16:00   #7264
BobInTX

You need a hug? Here
Old 05-09-2011, 17:27   #7265
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

<<<<< This sounds like something I'd love to do with you. I've got a good imagination anyway so I'm doing it now. See I can keep it clean.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 18:05   #7266
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Nah, it won't help the presbyopia. That's the muscles in your eyes, not the lens. I still wear readers. But at least I can see past my nose now.
Yep, that's what I was told. My eyes are OK, except for the trouble focusing in close getting worse and worse. Glad it's working so well for you.

Quote:
:hugs ::hugs : I hope you sleep soon.
I do too, it didn't happen last night worth a damn.

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you're feeling better today. : hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
My chest is screaming bad all day today, it just won't let up. My doc lowered my Oxy dose just a little bit and you'd think he cut in in half from the way I feel. I've spent most of the day laying on my back squeezing the crap out of poor Mandy.

Quote:
You need a hug? Here
Yeah, I sure do. As long as you don't squeeze, that is. I've been feeling down all day because of the pain being so bad. Giving up has been hanging around saying all kind of nice things to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
<<<<< This sounds like something I'd love to do with you. I've got a good imagination anyway so I'm doing it now. See I can keep it clean.: whistling:
You mean to say you're drunk posting? Well, drink one for me! Then start a drunk post thread in honor of me. Maybe I'll bring my stoned self in and get your thread locked.

Of course once I get back to the States I'll definitely have to tip a beer or 6 with you in person.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-09-2011, 18:14   #7267
BobInTX

This, too, shall pass

It'd better or Mandy is going to claw my eyes out
Old 05-09-2011, 18:19   #7268
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Yep, that's what I was told. My eyes are OK, except for the trouble focusing in close getting worse and worse. Glad it's working so well for you.

I do too, it didn't happen last night worth a damn.

My chest is screaming bad all day today, it just won't let up. My doc lowered my Oxy dose just a little bit and you'd think he cut in in half from the way I feel. I've spent most of the day laying on my back squeezing the crap out of poor Mandy.

Yeah, I sure do. As long as you don't squeeze, that is. I've been feeling down all day because of the pain being so bad. Giving up has been hanging around saying all kind of nice things to me.

You mean to say you're drunk posting? Well, drink one for me! Then start a drunk post thread in honor of me. Maybe I'll bring my stoned self in and get your thread locked.

Of course once I get back to the States I'll definitely have to tip a beer or 6 with you in person.
Nope, not really drinking but it sounds like a good idea. I'm sorry you're having a bad time today. hang in there.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 20:14   #7269
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart, I'm sorry you've had such a rough day. It sounds like your doc thinks you're still improving since he reduced your oxy dose. That is, of course, great news but it comes at the cost of pain for you. Temporary pain Sweetheart, you are improving in so many ways. Now, as for Giving Up, hands on you hips, shake that pretty head, and in a loud voice "**** Off!"
Old 05-09-2011, 20:18   #7270
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<<Standing beside your bed holding your hand as you gently clutch Miss Mandy to your chest and fall into a dreamless sleep.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:38   #7271
engineer151515

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area
Old 05-10-2011, 11:22   #7272
23skidoo
Deceased

My sister's Amaryllis - from her Facebook page: My Amaryllis that I grew from seed. the flies pollinated it in my classroom years ago and it made seed pods. It's taken about 8 years, but it finally bloomed!

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by 23skidoo; 05-10-2011 at 11:25..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 16:15   #7273
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
This, too, shall pass

It'd better or Mandy is going to claw my eyes out
I'm beginning to wonder. Today's been rough, the pain's been bad enough that I've been queasy and sick most of the day. I spent a lot of it laying on my back squeezing the stuffing out of poor Mandy, then I went into the hospital to get some relief. They doped me up to the point the doctor there at night is second guessing my doc's decision to try reducing my Oxy.

I got a ride back here to grab my robe and Mandy, so I don't have time to write any more tonight. I'll answer the other stuff later. Right now I got to go, and I sure hope they knock me out, I can't stand much more of this. And Mandy will claw MY eyes out.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-10-2011, 20:56   #7274
BobInTX

I'm holding your hand.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:29   #7275
engineer151515

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!