Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-29-2010, 17:02   #5781
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Too much is protected. You can do better than that....

I had a mishap that's got me hurting pretty bad right now. I had something sitting on my lap that started to fall and when it did I caught it out of reflex. Trouble is, I threw my arm forward so fast I hurt something right up front and center, just to the left of the sternum. I'm hoping all I did was pull or strain something, instead or re-damaging something and having to have more repair work done. I took the strongest muscle relaxers I have here and I'll see my doc tomorrow, but I'm crossing my fingers I didn't actually hurt anything. Damn fast reflexes!
Has cream will travel. Extra gentle hugs Sweetheart.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 10-29-2010 at 17:02..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 20:44   #5782
BobInTX

Quote:
I'm hoping that's all I did. Right now the pains are nasty and sharp. That has me kinda worried. I'm on my usual pain med, plus an add-on, but it's still complaining to me in detail. I want to put my heating pad on it, but that's probably the opposite of what I should do.

No, you hurting your knee doesn't make me feel any better. I hope it's nothing more than overuse and heals quickly. About that forgetting how old you are thing.... remember you're older than I am. I just feel older!
I know nasty and sharp. My knee feels like I have a knife under the kneecap sometimes. Dr injected it and did X-rays yesterday. I made the mistake of jumping down from the tailgate of the pickup (more than once) at the hunt test.

I went to our cross-town rivalry football game tonight and it didn't hurt too much walking the stairs but everytime the crowd stood up, so I had to stand up, it hurt sitting back down.

If my doc thinks it will help after xray results come back I'll get a series of 5 injections (aren't you proud? I didn't say the S word).

Can you get some ice from DFAC to put on it? Sounds like X-rays are in your future, too.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:18   #5783
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Has cream will travel.: hugs: Extra gentle hugs Sweetheart.
You were the last person I expected to be willing to rub cream on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I know nasty and sharp. My knee feels like I have a knife under the kneecap sometimes. Dr injected it and did X-rays yesterday. I made the mistake of jumping down from the tailgate of the pickup (more than once) at the hunt test.

I went to our cross-town rivalry football game tonight and it didn't hurt too much walking the stairs but everytime the crowd stood up, so I had to stand up, it hurt sitting back down.

If my doc thinks it will help after xray results come back I'll get a series of 5 injections (aren't you proud? I didn't say the S word).

Can you get some ice from DFAC to put on it? Sounds like X-rays are in your future, too.
Ouch, I've felt the knife under the kneecap before. Luckily it didn't stay there. I hope the steroids your doc injected does the trick. When I did that I just put up with it until it was ready to quit. Took a while.

I got some X-rays done this morning, but don't know what they found. My doc wasn't there, so I got to go back later. I'm still feeling it on top of the usual pain. I probably could get some ice to put on it, but I don't want to. Ugh, I hate ice on my chest, that hurts!

Hey, I'm glad you just got injections instead of getting shot too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: smootchie:: hugs:
Het okie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I prefer the old bury-them-up-to-the-neck-at-the-beach-and-watch-the-tide-roll-in method. Of course, you are pretty far from a beach so it might take some doing.
I like the way you think.

Quote:
No, two curves past the one you said you're on. I think you are past those steep ones but not quite into the home stretch yet. At any rate, the road keeps pushing forward.

Would that real road be fun on a motorcycle?
That would seem to imply that I'm on top of that mountain. I really don't think I'm anywhere close, but at least I'm not at the bottom anymore.

"Would that road be fun on a motorcycle?" Is the Pope catholic???? Of course I'd have to get the seat out of my butt afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Wolfe I agree that laughter is the best medicine especially if you can laugh in the face of the demons that haunt you. Just don't use humor to avoid facing the problems that still trouble you.
Why not? It's easier that way.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:52   #5784
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
That would seem to imply that I'm on top of that mountain. I really don't think I'm anywhere close, but at least I'm not at the bottom anymore.

"Would that road be fun on a motorcycle?" Is the Pope catholic???? Of course I'd have to get the seat out of my butt afterward.

Why not? It's easier that way.
Wolfe you may not be on top of any mountain yet but you have made considerable progress. You will be up there before you know it. Are you saying that road has a high pucker factor?

It may be easier to not face your problems but you will never beat them that way. Sweeping your demons under the rug only insures that they will come back to haunt you later. You know that from experience.

Quote:

BobInTX I'm also glad you got injections instead of getting shot. How is the knee feeling today?

Wolfe what did your doctor say? Have you reinjured anything? I would really hate for you to need more surgery after all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Agreed, I'm not much of an AL fan though. Glad Mandy didn't put YOUR head on a stick that's reserved for demons.
Mandy would never do such a thing! She knows Zonny would teach her a lesson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17   #5785
BobInTX

SR, it's about the same today. It doesn't hurt to walk, just the process of sitting down mostly. I'm going to try to go out later and walk with my daughter. The 3-day breast cancer walk is next weekend. She hasn't been able to train for the last few weeks because my wife has been too busy with her mother to watch our grandson. The walk is 60 miles over 3 days.

One of her teammates still needs money. If anyone still wants to donate send me a PM.

Lone_Wolfe, you're further along that road than you think. You're trudging along looking down at the road because you are living it. We are looking from the vantage point of the picture.
Old 10-30-2010, 14:54   #5786
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
SR, it's about the same today. It doesn't hurt to walk, just the process of sitting down mostly. I'm going to try to go out later and walk with my daughter. The 3-day breast cancer walk is next weekend. She hasn't been able to train for the last few weeks because my wife has been too busy with her mother to watch our grandson. The walk is 60 miles over 3 days.

One of her teammates still needs money. If anyone still wants to donate send me a PM.

Lone_Wolfe, you're further along that road than you think. You're trudging along looking down at the road because you are living it. We are looking from the vantage point of the picture.
How much does the teammate still need? Maybe I can kick in a little for a good cause.

I guess it's hard to tell how far I've gone because it seems like every time I get going down the road I get knocked back on my ass. Plus all I can see is that damn mountain still in front of me. Oh well, get back up and start walking again.......

Just glad I don't have to carry a backpack up that mountain.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-30-2010, 15:23   #5787
BobInTX

She needs about $800, but you've already given enough.
Old 10-30-2010, 16:23   #5788
sawgrass

Wolfe I'm so glad you are feeling a little better. It seems like you
do come back stronger after a setback.

Bob I hope your knee feels better soon. Like they say 'getting old ain't for
sissies'.
Old 10-30-2010, 18:24   #5789
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
She needs about $800, but you've already given enough.
I don't have $800, but I could kick in a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner
It may be easier to not face your problems but you will never beat them that way. Sweeping your demons under the rug only insures that they will come back to haunt you later. You know that from experience.

Wolfe what did your doctor say? Have you reinjured anything? I would really hate for you to need more surgery after all this time.

Mandy would never do such a thing! She knows Zonny would teach her a lesson.
I know I won't beat the demons in my head if I don't face them, but I just need a break from them if I can get it. Even if that means I have to go numb inside. It sucks in other ways, but I need it.

Doc said he thinks I only pulled something, that I may be OK. He told my terrorist to lay completely off the pushing and lifting, to limit my therapy to gentle stretching for now. BTW, I didn't have surgery before, they did Arthriscopy (sp?) on me instead of having to cut me open.

Don't dare Mandy to do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Wolfe I'm so glad you are feeling a little better. It seems like you
do come back stronger after a setback.

Bob I hope your knee feels better soon. Like they say 'getting old ain't for
sissies'.

I never really thought I came back stronger after my setbacks, but it's hard to tell from my persprctive. maybe it's because I'm afraid that one of these setbacks will knock me down to stay, or because after days of having little or nothing positive to say I feel like I have to say something that sounds good. Or both.....

No kidding about that getting old crap, it sucks. Bob, be nice to that knee and let if get better. Lay off the deep knee bends for a while, eh?

Think I'll try to get back to sleep now, since I feel like I'll fall over anyway.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-30-2010, 22:45   #5790
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
I don't have $800, but I could kick in a liI never really thought I came back stronger after my setbacks, but it's hard to tell from my perspective. maybe it's because I'm afraid that one of these setbacks will knock me down to stay, or because after days of having little or nothing positive to say I feel like I have to say something that sounds good. Or both.....
Wolfe, YOU are the Queen of come backs!! You never fail to amaze me when you can come in here after a setback and, though you are feeling down, you get it turned around real quick! You are one of the strongest women I have ever known. Your caring for other people is one of your greatest strengths. I'm just thankful to have found you. Despite my not writing much, please know what an influence you have on my life. You help me to know that I can win this battle, too!!

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 23:21   #5791
OldLincoln

You must have a chest full of scar tissue that is attached to everything in there. It hurts like fire when jerked like you did. My wife has it from surgeries and I have to be careful when helping her up to lift easy under her armpits. Any little pull of scar tissue damages whatever it is attached to.

I'm sorry it was you. Since it was, I know you'll remain strong because you are a survivor.
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:22   #5792
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
You must have a chest full of scar tissue that is attached to everything in there. It hurts like fire when jerked like you did. My wife has it from surgeries and I have to be careful when helping her up to lift easy under her armpits. Any little pull of scar tissue damages whatever it is attached to.

I'm sorry it was you. Since it was, I know you'll remain strong because you are a survivor.
Yep, that I do. My doc said pretty much the same thing you did today, which is good news in a sense. He thinks I didn't re-injure anything, just pulled right where the damage was the worst. I didn't see my terrorist today, and he's upped my muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory meds again, and it seems to be working. It's not hurting near as bad today, thankfully. I just got to learn to disconnect my reflexes.

I hate to hear your wife has been through so much. I wish her pain would ease and strength return. I guess I am am survivor. I got this far, didn't I? And thank you.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-31-2010, 12:40   #5793
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just Sweetheart. I'm glad the pain in your chest is reduced. Extra gentle hugs.
Old 10-31-2010, 14:36   #5794
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
The sleep of the just Sweetheart. I'm glad the pain in your chest is reduced. Extra gentle hugs.
I'm glad it is too. Now I wish it would go away entirely, but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon. If ever.

I like those squeezefree hugs, and I'll take just about any sleep I can get.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-31-2010, 15:04   #5795
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
I'm glad it is too. Now I wish it would go away entirely, but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon. If ever. : frown:

I like those squeezefree hugs, and I'll take just about any sleep I can get.
More squeeze free hugs and a gentle , sleep well Sweetheart.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 10-31-2010 at 15:07..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 20:58   #5796
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
More squeeze free hugs and a gentle , sleep well Sweetheart.
Well, I slept longer than I have the past few nights, but still now long enough. Grrrrrrrr.

Now the first real rain of the season is coming down and my chest is explaining that in detail.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... ouch! Oh well, guess I'll go get breakfast. Anyone care to join me?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-31-2010, 21:37   #5797
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Hey Lady!!

How you doin? I just got off work, hangin out watchin Dream Theater perform in my living room and seein what kinda trouble i can cause tonite.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 22:12   #5798
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
Hey Lady!!

How you doin? I just got off work, hangin out watchin Dream Theater perform in my living room and seein what kinda trouble i can cause tonite.

I'm doing better now that you stopped by.

Hey, I wouldn't mind having DT perform right here in my chu, although it would get pretty cramped. You have fun and be sure to name that trouble after me.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-31-2010, 22:18   #5799
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Quote:
I'm doing better now that you stopped by.

Hey, I wouldn't mind having DT perform right here in my chu, although it would get pretty cramped. You have fun and be sure to name that trouble after me.
I bet you say that to all the boys.....

It helps to have a dvd of them performing at the Radio City Music Hall

Dont you got enuff trouble named after you????

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 22:37   #5800
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
I bet you say that to all the boys.....

It helps to have a dvd of them performing at the Radio City Music Hall

Dont you got enuff trouble named after you????
Only if they look like you.

Oh, you didn't say it was a DVD! I'm SOOOO disappointed.

I like your kind of trouble, it doesn't involve AK-47's and bullets.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!