Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-25-2011, 18:45   #7201
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Well, while we were on our way home from DFW we had a huge thunderstorm and got 2.78" at my house. That's great except they had baseball sized hail at my old house where my daughters family lives. It broke two skylights (doublepaned thank goodness) and I'm sure trashed the roof. Dented SIL's truck. Nobody hurt. Tornadoes everywhere.
Wow, sounds like you got a little of my leftover weather. Glad it wasn't any worse than it was and nobody got hurt! Was it enough to put the fires out?

Quote:
By the way, I did prepare for rain. I got someone to clean my gutters out and installed leaf guards.
I prepared for pain too. I asked doc for some extra pain meds to keep with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
That jeep wangler and I go way back.

Easter Sunday at the Pier.

Okie Memorial Area
I don't blame you there, jeeps are fun. But why did you get rid of it?

Beautiful pic! Wow, that makes me miss that area even more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I think you redoing those writing assignments is a good idea.
I'm very happy to hear that you're feeling better.

Doggie is feeling better but she's still mellow. She loved everyone yesterday and then went to her bed in another room. I just took her for a walk and let her run.

We went for a six mile hike today, and I found myself missing the dogwoods.
The trees are barely budding. It's hard to believe down in your area it's basically summer. My mom sent me a pic of her table. Her centerpiece was an arrangement of Iris from their garden.
You have a beautiful view from your new deck. Those trees are beautiful.
You, my shrink, and apparently Bob do, but grrrrrrrrrrrr. Today hasn't been too bad, at least not in comparison to some days. My chest registered complaints about the crappy weather and my physical terrorist was, well, a terrorist. Ouch!

Sounds like I'd have to wait before I resumed petting her fur off, but I'm glad she's getting better. Give her an extra hug from me, would you? And post that pics of your Mom's irises, please!

Quote:
Here is #1 again.

1. Write the story of what happened to you in third person, from the time you learned of the problem at the FOB(?) until you found out that Greg had been killed. Don't write about how you felt, just the facts from another person's point of view, as if you were an author writing a story. Write your conversation with superior officers, Greg, and things people said along the way. Everything you can remember about the event. "Major X said 'You are one fine looking sergeant".

Write about the trip and the moment the SHTF, Lone Wolfe getting shot, the medic working on Lone Wolfe, etc. All from a third person point of view, but only stuff you experienced, not what someone told you happened. Again, don't write about feelings, just be objective from a third person point of view. No thoughts, no feelings. You need to do it on your computer, not longhand.

Close your eyes and try to remember details and what was said by people. See if you can get more details this time.
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have mentioned that conversation with my shrink! Besides, the part I was talking to him about was only when you asked me a bunch of questions, not me writing the whole thing out. I wasn't even thinking about that part until you posted this. Do you really want to hear the whole damn thing again?

And No, no major told me I was any fine looking Sergeant!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 18:48   #7202
Glock26girl
G26, G19

It is so strange how you come to care about all the folks on a site like this. Saw Grass, I can sure understand your missing the dogwoods and the irises. Bob, I pray for protection for you and your family during the tornado and fire season. Silent Runner, I am praying for your unspoken concern. Engineer, I appreciate you gentlemanliness. Skidoo, my prayers are ever constant for you and your family. Wolfe, your progress is such a huge blessing to all of us. We know that you will have your ups and downs, but the biggest hurdles are in the past. May God bless everyone who comes to this site.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 19:05   #7203
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Wow, sounds like you got a little of my leftover weather. Glad it wasn't any worse than it was and nobody got hurt! Was it enough to put the fires out?

I prepared for pain too. I asked doc for some extra pain meds to keep with me.

I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Beautiful pic! Wow, that makes me miss that area even more!

You, my shrink, and apparently Bob do, but grrrrrrrrrrrr. Today hasn't been too bad, at least not in comparison to some days. My chest registered complaints about the crappy weather and my physical terrorist was, well, a terrorist. Ouch!

Sounds like I'd have to wait before I resumed petting her fur off, but I'm glad she's getting better. Give her an extra hug from me, would you? And post that pics of your Mom's irises, please!

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have mentioned that conversation with my shrink! Besides, the part I was talking to him about was only when you asked me a bunch of questions, not me writing the whole thing out. I wasn't even thinking about that part until you posted this. Do you really want to hear the whole damn thing again?

Oh, he just didn't say it out loud.

I wasn't sure what your shrink wanted. I geared my questions off of what you said in your story. If want I can just take your answers off and post it again. Whatever he wants is what I want to do. Let me know.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 19:12   #7204
BobInTX

I haven't heard the status of the fires today but we had high winds today which won't help.

G26 thank you for your prayers. I'll say again you're a sweetheart.

Wolfe, my wife is a Diet Dr Pepper and iced tea (unflavored) addict. Diet Coke for me, but I have been known to tip a beer or two, or some rum or bourbon in my DC.

Oh, she does like Capt Morgan.

Last edited by BobInTX; 04-25-2011 at 19:14..
Old 04-25-2011, 20:31   #7205
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
It is so strange how you come to care about all the folks on a site like this. Saw Grass, I can sure understand your missing the dogwoods and the irises. Bob, I pray for protection for you and your family during the tornado and fire season. Silent Runner, I am praying for your unspoken concern. Engineer, I appreciate you gentlemanliness. Skidoo, my prayers are ever constant for you and your family. Wolfe, your progress is such a huge blessing to all of us. We know that you will have your ups and downs, but the biggest hurdles are in the past. May God bless everyone who comes to this site.
You are very kind.
Old 04-25-2011, 20:32   #7206
engineer151515

Quote:

Well, the jeep and I share a common characteristic.
We keep showing up like a bad penny.

Old 04-25-2011, 20:39   #7207
sawgrass

I often think of how different we all are, yet we have a common objective and have come to care about each other. It really isn't that hard to be nice to one another. Life is short at best.

G26G did you sell your house? Is your hubby almost out of school? How goes it? I think of you often and I know I owe you a pm. I'm still loving the kindle.

LW this is your doing. You are a blessing. I'm confident you and I will share a little whiskey over a fire someday. Chloe says she is feeling much better. Let
the fur rubbing begin!
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32   #7208
BobInTX

Pictures of the wildfires in Texas http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...dfires/100050/

Sorry, Wolfe, you probably can't load the page.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:14   #7209
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Pictures of the wildfires in Texas http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...dfires/100050/

Those pictures are frightening to look at.

Quote:

You may be a penny but you are not a bad one according to Wolfe and I.

Quote:
It is so strange how you come to care about all the folks on a site like this. Saw Grass, I can sure understand your missing the dogwoods and the irises. Bob, I pray for protection for you and your family during the tornado and fire season. Silent Runner, I am praying for your unspoken concern. Engineer, I appreciate you gentlemanliness. Skidoo, my prayers are ever constant for you and your family. Wolfe, your progress is such a huge blessing to all of us. We know that you will have your ups and downs, but the biggest hurdles are in the past. May God bless everyone who comes to this site.:
Glock26girl I think you for the prayers for me and everyone here and for caring about Wolfe. I appreciate each of you for what you are doing for her.

Wolfe have you heard from 23Skidoo lately?

Quote:

Yes Wolfe we want to hear the whole thing again in sordid detail if it will help you. I agree that it could help you to redo the writing now that you are seeing things clearly. So get busy writing!
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 18:03   #7210
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:

These photos are heartbreaking, Bob. I had no idea how bad it was. Prayers continue.

@Saw Grass, haven't even put our house on MLS yet! Yes, husband's last day of teaching (ever) is May 27th. I had no idea how excited he would be about it. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your kindle. I haven't been reading any books lately, due to getting the house ready to sell. Our youngest is graduating from law school on May 13th, too. Lots going on!!

How are you doing, Wolfe? Let us know that everything is alright, okay?

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Old 04-26-2011, 18:38   #7211
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
It is so strange how you come to care about all the folks on a site like this. Saw Grass, I can sure understand your missing the dogwoods and the irises. Bob, I pray for protection for you and your family during the tornado and fire season. Silent Runner, I am praying for your unspoken concern. Engineer, I appreciate you gentlemanliness. Skidoo, my prayers are ever constant for you and your family. Wolfe, your progress is such a huge blessing to all of us. We know that you will have your ups and downs, but the biggest hurdles are in the past. May God bless everyone who comes to this site.: hugs:: hugs:
Hey, sawgrass may be missing the dogwoods and irises now, but she'll have them when everyone in the south is complaining about the heat.

I was just rereading over your prayers and thinking about how many different problems and worries we've shared in here. A lot are still ongoing and some are OK now. Skidoo still needs healing prayers and probably will for a long time to come. Probably Silent_Runner, too. Bob, how's your in-laws?

Quote:
I haven't heard the status of the fires today but we had high winds today which won't help.

G26 thank you for your prayers. I'll say again you're a sweetheart.

Wolfe, my wife is a Diet Dr Pepper and iced tea (unflavored) addict. Diet Coke for me, but I have been known to tip a beer or two, or some rum or bourbon in my DC.

Oh, she does like Capt Morgan.
You're both partly right there. Diet coke and Captain Morgan is good. So is beer. Good beer is always good.

Any updates on the fires?

Quote:

: supergrin:
Then I guess I like bad pennies.

Quote:
I often think of how different we all are, yet we have a common objective and have come to care about each other. It really isn't that hard to be nice to one another. Life is short at best.
That's a lesson many people could learn.

G26G did you sell your house? Is your hubby almost out of school? How goes it? I think of you often and I know I owe you a pm. I'm still loving the kindle.
I may have to get a Kindle someday.

LW this is your doing. You are a blessing. I'm confident you and I will share a little whiskey over a fire someday. Chloe says she is feeling much better. Let
the fur rubbing begin!
A LITTLE whiskey? OK, maybe a little before we share a lot of beer.

I'm glad Chloe's feeling better. Can't wait to start the fur removal.

Quote:

Nope, can't see the pics. But I saw some on the news today, damn. That looks like the fires out west a few years back. Sure hope they get them under control!

Quote:
Oh, he just didn't say it out loud.

I wasn't sure what your shrink wanted. I geared my questions off of what you said in your story. If want I can just take your answers off and post it again. Whatever he wants is what I want to do. Let me know.
He wasn't thinking it, either!!

My shrink didn't answer that today, said he'd talk more next time. He had some other things he wanted to talk about today. I thought he was going to drag that damn bench in, but he didn't. I'll talk more about what he said tomorrow, I'm still trying to clear my doped up head. I say doped up because the nasty weather here is causing my chest to make a long, loud series of complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You may be a penny but you are not a bad one according to Wolfe and I.
If he is then I damn sure like bad pennies!

Glock26girl I think you for the prayers for me and everyone here and for caring about Wolfe. I appreciate each of you for what you are doing for her.

Wolfe have you heard from 23Skidoo lately?
It's been several days, but he told me his computer got a virus and had to be taken in for repair. I couldn't tell you how long that'll take. His sister posted on his FB page a couple days ago that he's been keeping busy by aggrivating his cat.

Yes Wolfe we want to hear the whole thing again in sordid detail if it will help you. I agree that it could help you to redo the writing now that you are seeing things clearly. So get busy writing!
Maybe I won't have to. But if my shrink or Bob really want me to I will.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-26-2011, 18:47   #7212
okie
GT Mayor

Keep your chin up, love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:13   #7213
sawgrass

How goes it LW? Are you sleeping? Have you been in to sleep?
Old 04-27-2011, 15:17   #7214
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I wish the sleep of the just for you tonight and every night.
Old 04-27-2011, 17:36   #7215
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Keep your chin up, love you sweetheart: hugs:
Thank you, sweetheart, love you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! I wish the sleep of the just for you tonight and every night.: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
Well, well, well! Will you look what that sweet orange cat dragged in!!!!

So how are you doing? Got your laptop back or did you swipe Sis's?

Quote:
How goes it LW? Are you sleeping? Have you been in to sleep?
At the time you posted that, no, it was around 5PM and I was updating some computers. Such fun. I was also thinking really nasty thoughts about my physical terrorist. I haven't been back in for sleep since the night I talked to you, I try not to do that if I can help it. I need to get to the point I don't have to do that pretty quick, since I won't have that available once I leave here.

I didn’t get into it last night because the weather was really nasty yesterday and as a result I was too doped up to make much sense even to myself. Yesterday’s shrink session wasn’t a normal session. My shrink and doc both came in together to talk about pain management with me. Beyond just the expectation that I’ll likely need narcotics for the rest of my life. They went into explaining the differences between drug dependency and addiction, beyond just the basic understanding. Doc made it a point to say that that he doesn’t see signs that I’m addicted, while pointing out that I’m dependent, which I already knew. Hell, you folks heard me cry when I had to cut back long enough to switch from Oxy to Fentanyl and back. And you only got the part where I could move enough to type!

Then they went on to explain something I’ve heard of, but didn’t really understand. When a person’s injury or illness heals to where that person can cut back on or stop taking the pain meds their mind can ‘manufacture’ pain just so the person has to take the meds again. They went into more detail explaining it so that it makes sense to me how the mind makes the body feel pain that it really shouldn’t. Well, based on the progress I’ve made and the results of the MRI’s I’ve had my doc suspects that’s started happening to me. So in the last few weeks he’s made small adjustments to my pain meds without telling me. That way my mind couldn’t make ‘extra’ pain when he gave me a placebo or lower dose than I thought I was getting. Based on a few times where I went in for extra meds and that was done, and slightly lowering my Oxy dose he’s convinced that 1. A lot of the pain I have is very real, especially the flare-ups from the weather, a bad twist or bump, or pushing something too hard, or breathing attacks, and 2. The ‘base’ level of pain I have has actually gone down a noticeable amount, and my mind is ‘manufacturing’ the rest. He believes at this point I still need Oxy or something just as strong, but that he could cut the dose back by around 1/4 to 1/3 for just the real pain.

The other thing he explained is that even my knowing exactly what’s happening won’t cause my mind to not make me feel the pain. In other words I’ll be hurting just as badly for a while as if my chest was still that badly damaged. The upside it that it doesn’t last forever. He said it usually lasts from several weeks to months. One thing that works in my favor is that flare-ups tend to hurt differently from ‘normal’ pain if that makes any sense. So, knowing what to expect, we all agreed to start to lower my base med dosage while giving me what I need for real flare-ups, breathing attacks, etc. He also warned me I might have more of them for a while.

So do you folks think you can put up with me crying?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-27-2011, 17:55   #7216
m2hmghb

Quote:

At the time you posted that, no, it was around 5PM and I was updating some computers. Such fun. I was also thinking really nasty thoughts about my physical terrorist. I haven't been back in for sleep since the night I talked to you, I try not to do that if I can help it. I need to get to the point I don't have to do that pretty quick, since I won't have that available once I leave here.

I didn’t get into it last night because the weather was really nasty yesterday and as a result I was too doped up to make much sense even to myself. Yesterday’s shrink session wasn’t a normal session. My shrink and doc both came in together to talk about pain management with me. Beyond just the expectation that I’ll likely need narcotics for the rest of my life. They went into explaining the differences between drug dependency and addiction, beyond just the basic understanding. Doc made it a point to say that that he doesn’t see signs that I’m addicted, while pointing out that I’m dependent, which I already knew. Hell, you folks heard me cry when I had to cut back long enough to switch from Oxy to Fentanyl and back. And you only got the part where I could move enough to type!

Then they went on to explain something I’ve heard of, but didn’t really understand. When a person’s injury or illness heals to where that person can cut back on or stop taking the pain meds their mind can ‘manufacture’ pain just so the person has to take the meds again. They went into more detail explaining it so that it makes sense to me how the mind makes the body feel pain that it really shouldn’t. Well, based on the progress I’ve made and the results of the MRI’s I’ve had my doc suspects that’s started happening to me. So in the last few weeks he’s made small adjustments to my pain meds without telling me. That way my mind couldn’t make ‘extra’ pain when he gave me a placebo or lower dose than I thought I was getting. Based on a few times where I went in for extra meds and that was done, and slightly lowering my Oxy dose he’s convinced that 1. A lot of the pain I have is very real, especially the flare-ups from the weather, a bad twist or bump, or pushing something too hard, or breathing attacks, and 2. The ‘base’ level of pain I have has actually gone down a noticeable amount, and my mind is ‘manufacturing’ the rest. He believes at this point I still need Oxy or something just as strong, but that he could cut the dose back by around 1/4 to 1/3 for just the real pain.

The other thing he explained is that even my knowing exactly what’s happening won’t cause my mind to not make me feel the pain. In other words I’ll be hurting just as badly for a while as if my chest was still that badly damaged. The upside it that it doesn’t last forever. He said it usually lasts from several weeks to months. One thing that works in my favor is that flare-ups tend to hurt differently from ‘normal’ pain if that makes any sense. So, knowing what to expect, we all agreed to start to lower my base med dosage while giving me what I need for real flare-ups, breathing attacks, etc. He also warned me I might have more of them for a while.

I'm glad things are finally starting to fall into place Wolfe. Hopefully you start to spring back soon. If it helps you deal with things I think we could put up with about anything(at least I know I could).

The weather here sucks to be honest, we've got it flip flopping from the 50s to the 80s and back and forth with thunderstorms thrown in for an added bonus. My doctor switched me to vicodin from vicoprofen, my stomach was starting to get a bit torn up from the ibuprofen. The problem is the ibuprofen helps with my joint pain more then tylenol so I have to take it more often.

Keep feeling better!

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 20:14   #7217
BobInTX

Quote:

Well, duh! You think we're going to stop now?

That is interesting. I had never heard that before. Your doc is sneaky.

Could you ever tell looking back that he lowered your dosage, or did it just feel the same?

I'm looking at this as very encouraging. Your body is healing. You just need to get your brain out of the way. I think the fact that he is telling you this now may mean that he feels like the worst of it may be in the past. Otherwise, he would still be experimenting and wouldn't be telling you.

Could your mental breakthrough possibly be related to your meds being cut back? Or could it be because of your body healing? It just seems like all of your progress mentally and physically seems to be coming at the same time. Hmmm...prayers working, perhaps?

Anyway, this is all good news, I think. You're probably going to be talking to yourself a lot saying "I'm not really hurting". When that happens, know that I am with you, and you can squeeze my hand as hard as you want. Like when you were getting off Fentanyl. We licked that, didn't we?

sawgrass, my birthday is next month, and my son is taking me on a guided black bass fishing trip to Lake Fork on Sunday for my birthday present. It's supposed to be one of the best bass lakes in Texas. His old boss retired and is now a fishing guide, so it should be fun. I just hope the weather cooperates. We've never been fishing like this on a boat.

P.S. to Wolfe: I need a new sig line. Could you say something profound?
Old 04-27-2011, 21:00   #7218
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Wolfe, you are one of the toughest, strongest women I have had the pleasure of getting to know, albeit in the written word. I admire your attitude toward adversity so much. You have all but licked those mental demons and are kicking the physical ones' behinds...it just makes me teary-eyed, thinking of how far you have come and how much you have come through.

Old 04-27-2011, 21:43   #7219
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

Good luck with your pain management, I've been seeing a pain specialist for over 10 years. I hope they set you up with a good pain specialist and not with just a regular MD. I've always felt that mine was not too compassionate but I've managed to stay at a lower dosage on my morphine pump then most people in my situation. (According to him anyway) Of course I have to spend most of my day in bed however.
As far as the crying, I'm not one to judge. I broke down a couple days ago at the pharmacy waiting on a precription. Can you put up with me?
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 00:20   #7220
23skidoo
Deceased

Of course we can put up with your crying Sweetheart, we're here for you to lend a shoulder or hold your hand whenever you have need.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 04-28-2011 at 00:20..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 18:21   #7221
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Of course we can put up with your crying Sweetheart, we're here for you to lend a shoulder or hold your hand whenever you have need. : hearts:
Thanks. I have a feeling you'll be busy. BTW, I got word that my house is OK. The nearest tornado passed around 10 miles north, so I'm relieved. I also heard from Silent_Runner's daughter, she's OK too, but she can't get online. I don't know if that's because her power is off or just her cable connection. Apparently she can't get on at work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Good luck with your pain management, I've been seeing a pain specialist for over 10 years. I hope they set you up with a good pain specialist and not with just a regular MD. I've always felt that mine was not too compassionate but I've managed to stay at a lower dosage on my morphine pump then most people in my situation. (According to him anyway) Of course I have to spend most of my day in bed however.
As far as the crying, I'm not one to judge. I broke down a couple days ago at the pharmacy waiting on a precription. Can you put up with me?: hugs:
Since I'll be going through the VA for my care once I get back here I don't know if pain management specialist is an option. That's the main thing I'll need though, daily pain meds. I'll still need physical therapy and probably a shrink too, but my shrink here is trying to get me to where I don't need that near as much.

Of course we can put up with you, I'm just sorry you have the pain you do.

Quote:
Wolfe, you are one of the toughest, strongest women I have had the pleasure of getting to know, albeit in the written word. I admire your attitude toward adversity so much. You have all but licked those mental demons and are kicking the physical ones' behinds...it just makes me teary-eyed, thinking of how far you have come and how much you have come through. : hugs:: hugs:: hugs:
Me? Tough and strong? OK, but I just don't see it. I think I'm a wimp with low pain tolerance. But I know people that tell me they'd be crying. But then, I do that a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
I'm glad things are finally starting to fall into place Wolfe. Hopefully you start to spring back soon. If it helps you deal with things I think we could put up with about anything(at least I know I could).
The weather here sucks to be honest, we've got it flip flopping from the 50s to the 80s and back and forth with thunderstorms thrown in for an added bonus. My doctor switched me to vicodin from vicoprofen, my stomach was starting to get a bit torn up from the ibuprofen. The problem is the ibuprofen helps with my joint pain more then tylenol so I have to take it more often.
Keep feeling better!
Thanks, my friend. I hate that the weather is treating you so bad. It's been nice here for a little over a day now and hopefully it stays that way. It seems to be warming up fast, so I'll be grumbling about the heat soon enough.

I'm lucky that I seem to tolerate ibuprophen fairly well so far because it works better than tylenol as a base for me too. I just hope I don't lose my tolerance to it like some people do.

Quote:
Well, duh! You think we're going to stop now? : honkie:
I was hoping you wouldn’t.

That is interesting. I had never heard that before. Your doc is sneaky.
I had heard of it, but didn't know much about it. Apparently it's pretty common.

Could you ever tell looking back that he lowered your dosage, or did it just feel the same?
After he explained all that I asked him about a few times and he said I was right. It seems I noticed the meds not working a lot more when it was an add-on for a flare-up than when he reduced the Oxy dose just a little. But he was really careful to only reduce it a small amount so I wouldn’t have withdrawals. For example the other night I went in and was given a needleful of Dilaudid, which normally works pretty well and fast. After several minutes I wasn’t getting much relief at all and was given more. I found out I’d been given a 1/3 dosage the first time. I actually pinpointed a couple of the days he’d dropped my Oxy dose by 1/8, but I had to think because it wasn’t as much a case of hurting a lot more, as hurting ‘differently’. I can’t explain that, even to myself. The other thing he did was give me a few Vicophophens, which really don’t touch the pain anyway. I had told him a few days ago that those things had gotten to be a waste of space in my pocket, and now I know why. Luckily I had other stuff so I didn’t have to sic you guys on him for leaving me hurting.

I'm looking at this as very encouraging. Your body is healing. You just need to get your brain out of the way. I think the fact that he is telling you this now may mean that he feels like the worst of it may be in the past. Otherwise, he would still be experimenting and wouldn't be telling you.
Either that or he knows the bad part is in front of me, but he knows I need to understand what's happening or else I'd just be screaming for stronger meds. It seems the only way through this is much like my shrink's way of working with my mental issues. Get it out in the open and face it.

Could your mental breakthrough possibly be related to your meds being cut back? Or could it be because of your body healing? It just seems like all of your progress mentally and physically seems to be coming at the same time. : headscratch: Hmmm...prayers working, perhaps?
No, he only started doing this when he got back from leave, and that mental breakthrough was way before that. He’s only cut back the Oxy a little bit a few times. He’s cut back or switched out the add-ons several times. It’s mainly my body healing some, and it’s way overdue. Prayers sure can’t be hurting the cause, either.

Anyway, this is all good news, I think. You're probably going to be talking to yourself a lot saying "I'm not really hurting". When that happens, know that I am with you, and you can squeeze my hand as hard as you want. Like when you were getting off Fentanyl. We licked that, didn't we? : highfive:
Yeah, I’ll be trying to convince myself of that while I’m squeezing the crap out of your hand and gritting my teeth. Hope I don’t squeeze to hard, I'd hate to hurt your hand. Or mine either.

sawgrass, my birthday is next month, and my son is taking me on a guided black bass fishing trip to Lake Fork on Sunday for my birthday present. It's supposed to be one of the best bass lakes in Texas. His old boss retired and is now a fishing guide, so it should be fun. I just hope the weather cooperates. We've never been fishing like this on a boat.
Hope you have a great time and catch all fish the boat can hold.

P.S. to Wolfe: I need a new sig line. Could you say something profound?
Something Profound.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-28-2011, 22:33   #7222
ATL Peach Girl
♥Meezers♥

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I wish the sleep of the just for you tonight and every night.
Old 04-28-2011, 23:42   #7223
sawgrass

Hi LW. I think what your Doc is doing is interesting and beneficial.
I'm glad to hear that your house is ok. An area 10 miles south of my hometown got hit but everyone is fine with only minor wind damage.

Bob your fishing trip sounds wonderful.

G26G congrats to your hubby. Good luck with the house.
Old 04-28-2011, 23:46   #7224
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Things are progressing.
A little slow at first, but progress is good.
Old 04-29-2011, 00:06   #7225
ancient_serpent

Quote:

Always, and you'll not be alone in it. Hope you're doing well today.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!