Damn Wolfe I hope this is a time where you get knocked back a little and
then as it gets better you can crawl out a little further than where you
started. I'm having all sorts of terrible thoughts about what I would like
to do to the man who shot you.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42   #5742
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart

Last edited by okie; 10-26-2010 at 10:42..
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:29   #5743
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thanks all. My doc paroled me for a bit today, but I got to go back this afternoon to see him and my terrorist. My doc is frustrated that this happened because it had been a while since I had one this bad. Some of the breathing attacks I have are more painful, but less restrictive on the breathing while others aren't quite so painful but it's harder to get air. This was one of the more air restricting, but slightly less painful ones. They still hurt though, unfortunately. The bad thing about this one was once it started a couple nights ago it would seem to let up then get worse again, over and over until it exhausted me. That can be dangerous for obvious reasons. I had gone into the hospital and the doc there couldn't get it to quit and stay quit, so I had to stay. Today I still feel a bit like someone has a band around my chest, but as long as I don't go running the 100 yard dash I can handle it.
Good to see you posting at least. So sorry about your setback.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 13:17   #5744
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Well, there goes your hopes for the Olympics.

Do they have any idea what triggers these? Yeah, I know. You got [word which I am forbidden to use].
Triggers?!?!?! Hey, I know I got shot, that word's not off-limits. I just prefer to think of steroid injections differently that getting shot.

As to what sets off those attacks, it seems to be different things. My doc, shrink and physical terrorist each have their own pet theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I hope so too, we'll find out. You can tell me those terrible things you've thought of to do to the bastard that shot me, it might be theraputic. But when you finish detailing it out I might ask "Is that the best you can think of?" BTW, you may want to send it via PM instead of here......

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 13:45   #5745
BobInTX

Quote:
Triggers?!?!?! Hey, I know I got shot, that word's not off-limits. I just prefer to think of steroid injections differently that getting shot. Triggers. Well, this is a gun forum. I can't help it.

As to what sets off those attacks, it seems to be different things. My doc, shrink and physical terrorist each have their own pet theories.

I'm confused. So a cat caused it? Or lack of a cat?

I hope so too, we'll find out. You can tell me those terrible things you've thought of to do to the bastard that shot me, it might be theraputic. But when you finish detailing it out I might ask "Is that the best you can think of?" BTW, you may want to send it via PM instead of here......
She probably wants to put his head on a stick. Personally, I'd want to tie 9000 feet of piano wire to a certain appendage on his body and then throw him from a plane flying at 10000 feet.

But I think he's getting his just reward in hell as we speak.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 14:42   #5746
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

I'm confused. So a cat caused it? Or lack of a cat?

How could it have been caused by lack of a cat? Mandy wants to have a worrrrrd with you for what that suggestion implies.

She probably wants to put his head on a stick. Personally, I'd want to tie 9000 feet of piano wire to a certain appendage on his body and then throw him from a plane flying at 10000 feet.

That would be a good start. Actually I rather like the idea of him having 9000 feet of descent to start thinking that just maybe he shouldn't have shot me.

I hope he's getting his just reward, instead of being down there laughing.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 10-26-2010 at 14:43..
Old 10-26-2010, 15:02   #5747
BobInTX

Quote:
That would be a good start. Actually I rather like the idea of him having 9000 feet of descent to start thinking that just maybe he shouldn't have shot me.

I hope he's getting his just reward, instead of being down there laughing.
I guarantee you he's not laughing. He and Saddam are wondering what went wrong.

Ummm...I meant your doc doesn't have a cat. Yeah... that's it.

Old 10-26-2010, 17:23   #5748
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Gorgeous! I am so glad you're feeling better Sweetheart.: hugs:: hearts:: smootchie:: iloveyou:
So am I. I sure didn't want to have to stay at the hospital again tonight.

Signed,
Pincushion (aka YesItHurts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
<< gentle hugs.

I hope today is better for you.
It was, thank you. I hope your day was good, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart : smootchie:: hugs:
Hey okie.

Quote:
I guarantee you he's not laughing. He and Saddam are wondering what went wrong.

Ummm...I meant your doc doesn't have a cat. Yeah... that's it.

: couch:
Mandy says she doesn't believe you and that you got to sleep sometime...........

I hope the bastard that shot Greg is down there with them and in a special place. Bastards!

Quote:
Wolfe, how are you sleeping?
Sleeping? What's that? Oh, that's what I should be doing now. Guess I'd better get off of here and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Good to see you posting at least. So sorry about your setback.: crying:
Thanks, my friend. It's always good to be able to see you too. Believe it or not, my physical terrorist said this wasn't really a setback in the usual sense. Yeah, it hurt and still does, but he said he thought that part of the cause was the muscles around my chest finally getting a little stronger. I said they were strong enough, they could keep me from being able to breathe at all, but he said he thinks it was set off by the strength I'm gaining in the front of my chest. I guess it makes a little sense, I've finally gotten to where I can bench press 5 pounds per hand about 5 or 6 times now. The steroid injections helped there.

For comparison 2 years ago I could probably bench 100 pounds several times. The max I ever did was 175 x 3 times. That was may years ago.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-26-2010, 17:40   #5749
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Wasn't it Brown Hawk who used to cradle her while she slept? Where is that guy??
Quote:
Kind of a rough day in more ways that one. I think the volunteers reconsidered when they remembered where I am. Can't say as I blame them.
Actually, I tried, but they gave the job to someone else.

I think I ran him off with my claws. I keep telling you that your claws don't bother me and never have. Actually he mentioned being being mega-busy at work. I really miss him. He had a different way of looking at guilt and all that's associated, but I've gone back and re-read some of his posts recently and am trying to get his message too.
Hi, all.

It's been a long hot busy summer, no internet at work and dead by the time I got home.

The good news is that I am now laid off and so will have time to get on the internet. The bad news is that it's going to take me forever to catch up on this thread. According to Eric, I last logged on 7-26-2010.

LW, even though I haven't been here, you've still been getting love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you in my arms as you sleep.

I did have to concentrate on the house for a couple of weeks to make up for all the work I didn't get done, but all that is under control now. The bath and a half remodels are just about finished with the rug and tile laid, shrubs trimmed, garage cleaned up and re-wired, shed has had shelving put in and generally cleaned up and better organized. Got a rolling tool chest and can now find any tools I need instead of searching for two hours. Basement workshop better organized for the kitchen cabinet project.

Still got to transplant and fertilize the raspberry bushes (no, I haven't forgotten the jam), but what do you expect for 2.5 weeks?

I'm sorry you had a bad attack, and happy you're feeling better.

As for the guy who shot you, I was thinking of a noose holding him about 1 inch off the ground when he is not on tiptoe. The whole 9000 foot rope is just over too quick. I figure that my way he'd be good for a week or better.

From the little I've read so far, you do seem to be improving, and I thank the Lord for that. You seem to be better able to talk about it, and even make a joke or two. So don't worry about the hundred yard dash. Remember that the first step of a 26 mile marathon is better never taken!

Meanwhile, it's good to be back.

Love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you in my arms as you sleep.

Hawk
Old 10-26-2010, 18:43   #5750
BobInTX

I can't put anything over on that cat!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:43   #5751
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
Kind of a rough day in more ways that one. I think the volunteers reconsidered when they remembered where I am. Can't say as I blame them.
Actually, I tried, but they gave the job to someone else.

No they didn't, it's still open. Come on over!

Hi, all.

It's been a long hot busy summer, no internet at work and dead by the time I got home.

The good news is that I am now laid off and so will have time to get on the internet. The bad news is that it's going to take me forever to catch up on this thread. According to Eric, I last logged on 7-26-2010.

LW, even though I haven't been here, you've still been getting love, prayers, lots of gentle , and cradling you in my arms as you sleep.

I did have to concentrate on the house for a couple of weeks to make up for all the work I didn't get done, but all that is under control now. The bath and a half remodels are just about finished with the rug and tile laid, shrubs trimmed, garage cleaned up and re-wired, shed has had shelving put in and generally cleaned up and better organized. Got a rolling tool chest and can now find any tools I need instead of searching for two hours. Basement workshop better organized for the kitchen cabinet project.

Still got to transplant and fertilize the raspberry bushes (no, I haven't forgotten the jam), but what do you expect for 2.5 weeks?

I'm sorry you had a bad attack, and happy you're feeling better.

As for the guy who shot you, I was thinking of a noose holding him about 1 inch off the ground when he is not on tiptoe. The whole 9000 foot rope is just over too quick. I figure that my way he'd be good for a week or better.: supergrin:

From the little I've read so far, you do seem to be improving, and I thank the Lord for that. You seem to be better able to talk about it, and even make a joke or two. So don't worry about the hundred yard dash. Remember that the first step of a 26 mile marathon is better never taken! : rofl:

Meanwhile, it's good to be back.

Hawk
Damn, I'm glad to see you back, but sorry you got laid off. Sounds like you're getting your house fixed up nice though, maybe I could talk you into sending me some pics. I haven't forgotten the jam either, in fact I'll sneak off to the DFAC and swipe some biscuits.

Your suggestion for the guy that shot me has some merit, I like the way you think. Got to give Bob credit for the 9000 foot drop with a rope though, it wasn't going to be around his neck. So in theory the guy would hit the ground still alive, but ummmmmmmmm.... missing something. Then we could gather him and put him in your noose.

Yeah, I'm getting better, I think. sometimes it seems like a step forward and 2 steps back. And it seems like the steps back happen just when I think I'm making real progress. Oh well, I'm still kicking and haven't given up yet. Just though about a time or 20. And I see we agree about the marathons....

back at ya, my friend.

ETA; Would you folks also send up a prayer for Silent_Runner? I won't go into any details, but she has some things going on in her life that are troubling her right now and a few prayers are sure to do some good.
Thanks.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 10-27-2010 at 03:47..
Old 10-27-2010, 10:18   #5752
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I just spoke with her for about 20 minutes, she's in the hospital due to a bad breathing attack; the bad news, she's in a lot of pain , the good news, she was able to talk with me for twenty minutes, the sleep of the just for Miss Lone with no breathing attacks. ::
Thank you for passing this one for her. I was not able to get online for the past few days but did hear from her also.

Quote:
sawgrass we share a common wish here for Wolfe. Setbacks like this seem to come at the worst time for her but she always comes back and will this time too. I would also like to hear the thoughts you have about how to deal with the men who shot her. I'll bet I would approve.

Quote:

BobInTX I like that idea but I would want to find a way to be sure he survived the landing so I could get my hands on him.

Quote:
So am I. I sure didn't want to have to stay at the hospital again tonight.

Signed,
Pincushion (aka YesItHurts)

Thanks, my friend. It's always good to be able to see you too. Believe it or not, my physical terrorist said this wasn't really a setback in the usual sense. Yeah, it hurt and still does, but he said he thought that part of the cause was the muscles around my chest finally getting a little stronger. I said they were strong enough, they could keep me from being able to breathe at all, but he said he thinks it was set off by the strength I'm gaining in the front of my chest. I guess it makes a little sense, I've finally gotten to where I can bench press 5 pounds per hand about 5 or 6 times now. The steroid injections helped there.

For comparison 2 years ago I could probably bench 100 pounds several times. The max I ever did was 175 x 3 times. That was may years ago.
Wolfe I'm glad you are feeling better and able to stay in that chu you have now. Has you therapist increased your stretching and breathing exercises because of these continued attacks? Or did a change in your therapy precede this latest episode? The increases in strength is good but a lot of that is a direct result of the steroid injections. You may lose some of these gains later as the steroids leave your system. You will still be ahead because of your increased ability to exercise now. You just have to be careful and report all respiratory distress to your doctor even if it seems very mild.

I also want to thank you for the prayer request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Hi, all.

As for the guy who shot you, I was thinking of a noose holding him about 1 inch off the ground when he is not on tiptoe. The whole 9000 foot rope is just over too quick. I figure that my way he'd be good for a week or better.::

Hawk
Now this is a welcome sight! Welcome back Brown Hawk. Wolfe is not the only one who missed your words of wisdom and kindness. I hope you can come around more especially if you supply pie and jam for all of us.

You suggestion for the men who shot Wolfe is good and should definitely be added to the list. I think between the four of us we should be able to come up with suitable retaliation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:35   #5753
Tenngunner

LW glad to see you still have a sense of humor about all the crap your going through. Hang tough and by that I don't mean by a rope at 9000 feet.

Silent_Runner prayers for you and LW.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:37   #5754
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:40   #5755
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: smootchie:: hugs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
LW glad to see you still have a sense of humor about all the crap your going through. Hang tough and by that I don't mean by a rope at 9000 feet.: rofl:

Silent_Runner prayers for you and LW.
It wouldn't be possible to tie me in that same way Bob tied the bastard that shot me anyway!

Hey, I got to laugh about it. Sometimes it's either that, cry, or go crazy. I've done all of them and probably will again. Laughing's best when I can. Thank you for the prayers.

Quote:
I can't put anything over on that cat!
Of course not, she's a cat. haha

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-27-2010, 12:41   #5756
BobInTX

Give her a scritch behind the ears for me.
Old 10-27-2010, 13:48   #5757
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Give her a scritch behind the ears for me.
I gave her the scritches and she purred a little, but then she said you'd have to do a lot better than that to get out of the doghouse.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-27-2010, 14:13   #5758
sawgrass

Silent_Runner I hope things are or will soon be ok, regarding Wolfe's mention of you.

Let's start with a bus load of armed women and take the guy who
shot you for a little ride out into the country, way back into the hills.
We can all take turns doing whatever to torture him. Then
let's lay him between two old green mud puddles and
whoever wants the last shot can have it. Then he can lay there while
the flies and the maggots eat the rest of his nasty behind. Ashes to ashes, filth to filth.

In all seriousness I overheard a woman threaten a man with something
similar to this one time. He had hurt her mother. She meant it, and he knew it. He left town.
Old 10-27-2010, 15:45   #5759
BobInTX

Quote:
I gave her the scritches and she purred a little, but then she said you'd have to do a lot better than that to get out of the doghouse.

Okay, let's hear it. What does she want?
Old 10-27-2010, 17:01   #5760
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
ETA; Would you folks also send up a prayer for Silent_Runner? I won't go into any details, but she has some things going on in her life that are troubling her right now and a few prayers are sure to do some good.
Thanks.
LW would have laughed that round off her chest.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!