GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:16   #5701
BobInTX

sawgrass, I'm loving this fall weather. 70's and 80's instead of 90's and 100's. Our winters are just cold. Water doesn't freeze enough for ice fishing. And when it snows or we have ice, nobody knows how to drive on it.

Our annual hunt test we host for our retrievers is this weekend. I hope to God it doesn't rain like last year. Everyone was miserable. Last year it was in September, though, which is one of our wettest months. Just not this year. Rain is in the forecast.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08   #5702
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Still saving pages, engineer?
Every page of this thread is saved as both a downloaded webpage and a .pdf file.

Although I don't post every day, I try to check each day.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:29   #5703
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I think you need one of those full body pillows. The 4 or 5 foot long roll that is 1 foot or more in diameter. Might keep you off your stomach.
I think I need one of those also. I had never seen that before but it looks so comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Every page of this thread is saved as both a downloaded webpage and a .pdf file.

engineer151515 if Wolfe approves I might like a copy of this thread also. It's so nice of you to save it like you are.

Quote:
Rain is in the forecast.
I know someone who will stay as far away as she can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I'm here folks! My desktop has a nasty virus and I've been fighting with it. I'm sorry if I had you worried Sweetheart.::
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
You know better than to pull a Skidoo around here...... Or even make us think you pulled a Skidoo.......

Glad it's just your computer that's sick and not you. :
Quote:
Me too! I figured it was something like that. He knows that he has to give advance notice and make an appointment if he wants to collapse on the floor again.
He not only needs to give advance notice he also needs permission of Wolfe and at least two other people. One of those people has to be a nurse.

Quote:

I carried my computer with me to go see my shrink today and showed him some of the recent posts in here, mainly yours. He asked if he could send you a plane ticket, then changed his mind. He said he'd rather you stay where you are posting in here. He also said thank you, that he appreciates the help.

I'm glad crying is good. I've been doing lots of that.
Keep doing that until you stop naturally. Let it all out and talk about it here and with your shrink. You will beat this.

Quote:
Good. Let it go. Those hateful demons want you to keep this stuff all bottled up. The tears wash them away.

Are you forgiving yourself? That's what you need to be thinking about.
That may be hard for you to but but you need to concentrate on it. Keep reminding yourself that none of what happened is your fault until you really start to believe it. We all know this and you need to also. I know it's very hard but you can do it if you keep trying.

You are very quiet today. Are you OK over there? And where are all those volunteers to hold you while you sleep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:59   #5704
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:07   #5705
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You are very quiet today. Are you OK over there? And where are all those volunteers to hold you while you sleep?
Wasn't it Brown Hawk who used to cradle her while she slept? Where is that guy??
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51   #5706
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Kind of a rough day in more ways that one. I think the volunteers reconsidered when they remembered where I am. Can't say as I blame them.

Quote:
Wasn't it Brown Hawk who used to cradle her while she slept? Where is that guy??
I think I ran him off with my claws. Actually he mentioned being being mega-busy at work. I really miss him. He had a different way of looking at guilt and all that's associated, but I've gone back and re-read some of his posts recently and am trying to get his message too.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 13:48   #5707
BobInTX

Quote:
I think I ran him off with my claws. Actually he mentioned being being mega-busy at work. I really miss him. He had a different way of looking at guilt and all that's associated, but I've gone back and re-read some of his posts recently and am trying to get his message too.
That's good. You may have found you don't still feel the same way you did when he wrote them. You have made progress since then.

Got some questions for ya.
  1. Are they getting your sleep fine-tuned?
  2. How is the chest pain?
  3. Did you plant that virus on skidoo's computer before you left?
Old 10-21-2010, 17:45   #5708
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
That's good. You may have found you don't still feel the same way you did when he wrote them. You have made progress since then.

Got some questions for ya.
  1. Are they getting your sleep fine-tuned? Still working on that.
  2. How is the chest pain? Feels like someone shot me.
  3. Did you plant that virus on skidoo's computer before you left? :rofl : Hmmmmmm, don't give me any ideas for next time..... haha
I'm not sure I get what you mean. I know that's it's not good that I ripped his face off when he was trying to help, and it's not good that he can't get online. At least not good for me that is, I hope all is well for him. I know he had a different approach, kind of an 'all or nothing' which would be great if I could get my mind around it. I think I'm a lot closer to comprehending things than I was then. I had talked to my shrink about what Hawk said about false guilt and turning it off and my shrink agreed that it would be ideal if I could, but that our human minds just don't cooperate even though he thinks Hawk is 100% correct. Maybe someday. I just want to stop the hurtiing one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: smootchie:: hugs:
My sweet okie

Quote:
engineer151515 if Wolfe approves I might like a copy of this thread also. It's so nice of you to save it like you are.

He not only needs to give advance notice he also needs permission of Wolfe and at least two other people. One of those people has to be a nurse.

Keep doing that until you stop naturally. Let it all out and talk about it here and with your shrink. You will beat this.

That may be hard for you to but but you need to concentrate on it. Keep reminding yourself that none of what happened is your fault until you really start to believe it. We all know this and you need to also. I know it's very hard but you can do it if you keep trying.
I don't mind at all you having a copy of this thread if engineer doesn't mind.

It's pretty safe to say that if Skidoo asks permission to take another carpet nap he'll hear "Permission Denied!"

I couldn't let it all out today, I had to force myself to shut it off. It was hard to do that and concentrate on work, but I had to. Too much stuff going on right now. I laid down and tried to sleep earlier, but couldn't so I went and got something to eat and went over to one of the servers in my AO that has a problem with an update that was rolled out recently. Seems the update has a slight problem that the programmers are working on. For now I found a workaround and sent that info to the rear.. I'll try again to sleep shortly. I don't want to go back to crying. But then I never do, even though my shrink says I just need to let it all out until it all runs together in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
This, along with a few things that I have going on. Wolfe just because I don't
post doesn't mean that you aren't in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm just glad you're not really under a bus. You know I'm always glad to see you post.

Quote:
Good. Let it go. Those hateful demons want you to keep this stuff all bottled up. The tears wash them away.

Are you forgiving yourself? That's what you need to be thinking about.
They make keeping it bottled up seem so appealing because it hurts to think about and it's even worse when I think about it enough to cry or when I talk about it.

I don't think I've been able to forgive yourself yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I think you need one of those full body pillows. The 4 or 5 foot long roll that is 1 foot or more in diameter. Might keep you off your stomach.
I think you may be right. I'm seriously thinking of ordering one of them on that page. Haven't decided which one yet.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-21-2010, 19:19   #5709
BobInTX

I meant it was good that you were reading his old post.

I think in a few days you need to read about the last 2 weeks posts again.

What is this "work" thing you keep posting about. You mean you don't just sit here all day waiting for our post?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:52   #5710
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I meant it was good that you were reading his old post.

I think in a few days you need to read about the last 2 weeks posts again.

What is this "work" thing you keep posting about. You mean you don't just sit here all day waiting for our post?
'Work' is that 4-letter word that keeps me here where I have a good doctor. It's also making it possible for me to keep paying for my house and car.

Wish I could just sit around all day waiting for you to post, but that could get pretty boring. Especially with Hawk MIA and sawgrass under a bus and Skidoo trying to scare us again.

I sometimes go back and read random bits and pieces of this thread, but I need to dig out the rest of whet he wrote and read it all, I think. Then go through and read what you and several other have written, too. If only I had a fast internet connection. Some days it's easier just to not read that stuff, but as you folks and my shrink keep reminding me, that's not doing me any good.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-22-2010, 08:19   #5711
BobInTX

You just keep fighting and having a positive attitude. You are going to beat this.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:31   #5712
BobInTX

"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.

Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God"?

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:25-35 (NIV)

Okie Memorial Area

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-22-2010 at 08:35..
Old 10-22-2010, 12:59   #5713
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 13:09   #5714
23skidoo
Deceased

Old 10-22-2010, 15:02   #5715
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Is that the best you can do?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-22-2010, 19:25   #5716
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
You just keep fighting and having a positive attitude. You are going to beat this.
OK, right now I'm positive I'd like to fight and beat on some of the local hajjis. Doc gave me some real strong meds for tonight and I fell asleep a little before 1AM. I think I was sleeping pretty good, because a nightmare I had earlier didn't wake me up. (Thank God for Xanax) So those hajji bastards here decided to wake me up the noisy way. At least I'm already in a bunker.

If I could get ahold of one of them I'd see to it that his rocket launcher would boldly go where no rocket launcher has gone before!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-22-2010, 20:57   #5717
BobInTX

Be safe. Don't go running out there in your pj's!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:43   #5718
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Be safe. Don't go running out there in your pj's!
Awwwww, why not?!?!?!? That takes all the fun out of it!!

Oh, all right........... Better agree before a couple other guys get in here....

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-23-2010, 04:17   #5719
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Awwwww, why not?!?!?!? That takes all the fun out of it!!

Oh, all right........... : faint: Better agree before a couple other guys get in here....
<<<<< The one she's talking about. I love you!:smooychie:
Old 10-23-2010, 06:17   #5720
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!