Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:19   #5681
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I get the impression you know Wolfe.
As well as anybody can from 8000 miles away.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:32   #5682
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
He's dancing because you like your new chu which is safer than the old one plus has it's own bathroom. That mutt is me, if you are safer, I am happy.: smootchie:: iloveyou:
So did you think I WOULDN'T like the Taji-Mahal with it's own private throne room better than my old chu????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I'm not going to make you take down your avatar. It was just a suggestion to help you move on. You'll change it when you're ready. I'm sure there will be a cat involved someday.
You know, I could ask RussP if he could add KuwaitiCat sitting in the corner of my current avatar...

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:52   #5683
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
So did you think I WOULDN'T like the Taji-Mahal with it's own private throne room better than my old chu????

You know, I could ask RussP if he could add KuwaitiCat sitting in the corner of my current avatar...
Oh I love that kitty. Do it!
Old 10-19-2010, 17:31   #5684
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Oh I love that kitty. Do it!
There is one thing I have to consider before I do this. If I manage to track down and get back my own 2 kitties and they see that I've been unfaithful, putting another kitty in my avatar I'll have hell to pay. They might even off me in my sleep!

Quote:
A Prayer for Lone_Wolfe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?

Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave?

I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Psalm 6 (NIV)
I was reading some of the other stuff written here and trying to talk about it, but every time I ever read a post I start crying to the point that I can't read another. It made me keep thinking back to this prayer and how it fits so well right now as I'm sitting here flooding my bed and drowning Mandy. I hope God is listening.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-19-2010, 18:23   #5685
BobInTX

He is. Who do you think led me to that Psalm? You're definitely not alone in your new Chu.

Crying is good. It shows you're really thinking and dropping your defenses. Only then can your heart listen.

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-19-2010 at 18:25..
Old 10-20-2010, 08:23   #5686
BobInTX

Quote:
Sawgrass asked me the same question about preventing myself from rolling over and I haven't come up with a solution yet. Any time I sleep at the hospital they put a restraint on me that helps some, but causes other problems. I like the idea of coming up with something, though.
How about this? http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-U-Tota...pr_product_top

Read Michelle Wetuski and sramspam reviews

Can you sleep on your side?

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-20-2010 at 08:23..
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30   #5687
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
How about this? http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-U-Tota...pr_product_top

Read Michelle Wetuski and sramspam reviews

Can you sleep on your side?
Oh damn, that looks comfortable!

I can sleep on my right side a little bit, still not very well on my left. The steroid injections seem to have helped that some, too. One thing I notice is that when I aggravate the injury I can't sleep on my side for a while afterward, then I get to where I can again.

Anyone know where Skidoo is hiding?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 10-20-2010 at 10:33..
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11   #5688
BobInTX

Quote:
Oh damn, that looks comfortable!

I can sleep on my right side a little bit, still not very well on my left. The steroid injections seem to have helped that some, too. One thing I notice is that when I aggravate the injury I can't sleep on my side for a while afterward, then I get to where I can again.

Anyone know where Skidoo is hiding?
User CP says he was on here last night, but he hasn't posted since Monday. He's probably ticked because you asked for volunteers to come watch you sleep and didn't ask him directly. Or maybe he's laying low so you won't ask him! War zone, and all. He just better not be laying on the floor again without letting us know first.

I was going to ask you if the steroid shots had helped, but I forgot.

Just as a point of reference, a year ago last week I injured my shoulder in Hawaii trying to swing on a rope like an idiot. (see Indiana Jones reference here http://www.adventureinhawaii.com/kauai_atv.htm) I was doing fine until centrifical force took over and my body said "HELLO! You're 52 years old!" It just kind of felt like I stretched every muscle in my shoulder area. Didn't really pull anything, but hurt when I moved it certain ways. I never went to the doctor about it. Well, I'm now proud to say that I think I'm finally over it. But it took about a year. What I'm trying to say is we're not kids anymore, and it takes longer for things to heal. Unfortunately. Especially with as traumatic an injury as you have.

If you're worried about Skidoo, call him.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:39   #5689
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I was going to ask you if the steroid shots had helped, but I forgot.

If you're worried about Skidoo, call him.
Steroid WHATS?!?!?!?!

Skidoo, if you make me come outta my bunkerChu to call you.........

Oh, and if you're napping on the floor again without permission I'm gonna ask sawgrass to go to your house and smack you with your own cane.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47   #5690
BobInTX

Quote:
Steroid WHATS?!?!?!?!
Oh, no, not again. I mean steroid soft pillow chest taps.

Dang Alzheimers. How about some tequila soft pillow chest taps to make you forget I ever said that.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:50   #5691
BobInTX

Quote:
Oh, and if you're napping on the floor again without permission I'm gonna ask sawgrass to go to your house and smack you with your own cane.
Good luck with that! sawgrass hasn't posted on here since Monday either. She must be under the bus. Or out fishing somewhere.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:52   #5692
BobInTX

Or maybe they're all just letting you and me talk about Greg.
Old 10-20-2010, 13:28   #5693
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Oh, no, not again. I mean steroid soft pillow chest taps.

Dang Alzheimers. How about some tequila?
Anything but shots!!! You don't need an excuse to send me tequila.

Quote:
Good luck with that! sawgrass hasn't posted on here since Monday either. She must be under the bus. Or out fishing somewhere.
I hope she's fishing, but I suspect under the bus is more accurate. She's been like that lately.

I think she's still go smack Skidoo for me even if she had to wait for the weekend to go.

Quote:
Can you blame them? It's not exactly a pretty subject.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-20-2010, 14:00   #5694
23skidoo
Deceased

I'm here folks! My desktop has a nasty virus and I've been fighting with it. I'm sorry if I had you worried Sweetheart.
Old 10-20-2010, 16:22   #5695
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
I'm here folks! My desktop has a nasty virus and I've been fighting with it. I'm sorry if I had you worried Sweetheart.: smootchie:: iloveyou:
You know better than to pull a Skidoo around here...... Or even make us think you pulled a Skidoo.......

Glad it's just your computer that's sick and not you.

Quote:
User CP says he was on here last night, but he hasn't posted since Monday. He's probably ticked because you asked for volunteers to come watch you sleep and didn't ask him directly. Or maybe he's laying low so you won't ask him! War zone, and all. ........

Just as a point of reference, a year ago last week I injured my shoulder in Hawaii trying to swing on a rope like an idiot. (see Indiana Jones reference here http://www.adventureinhawaii.com/kauai_atv.htm) I was doing fine until centrifical force took over and my body said "HELLO! You're 52 years old!" It just kind of felt like I stretched every muscle in my shoulder area. Didn't really pull anything, but hurt when I moved it certain ways. I never went to the doctor about it. Well, I'm now proud to say that I think I'm finally over it. But it took about a year. What I'm trying to say is we're not kids anymore, and it takes longer for things to heal. Unfortunately. Especially with as traumatic an injury as you have.
Skidoo doesn't have to be too ticked at me for asking for volunteers, I didn't get any.

Swinging on a rope sounds like great fun, or at least I would have enjoyed it 20 years ago. With my torn rotator cuff it hurts even reading about YOU doing it. I'm glad your's is finally healed up. You're so right about this taking longer to heal because I'm older than dirt. A while back my doc said it'll take 2-4 years to get as healed as it's going to, and it'll never heal 100%. Well, I hope 4 years is more accurate, because it's been close to 2 years and it's not even close to healed. So it can keep getting better for 2 more years, I hope.

Quote:
He is. Who do you think led me to that Psalm? You're definitely not alone in your new Chu.

Crying is good. It shows you're really thinking and dropping your defenses. Only then can your heart listen.
I carried my computer with me to go see my shrink today and showed him some of the recent posts in here, mainly yours. He asked if he could send you a plane ticket, then changed his mind. He said he'd rather you stay where you are posting in here. He also said thank you, that he appreciates the help.

I'm glad crying is good. I've been doing lots of that.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-20-2010, 18:06   #5696
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

I think you need one of those full body pillows. The 4 or 5 foot long roll that is 1 foot or more in diameter. Might keep you off your stomach.
Old 10-20-2010, 18:26   #5697
engineer151515

Quote:

engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 20:31   #5698
BobInTX

Still saving pages, engineer?
Old 10-20-2010, 20:52   #5699
BobInTX

Quote:
You know better than to pull a Skidoo around here...... Or even make us think you pulled a Skidoo.......

Glad it's just your computer that's sick and not you.

Me too! I figured it was something like that. He knows that he has to give advance notice and make an appointment if he wants to collapse on the floor again.

Skidoo doesn't have to be too ticked at me for asking for volunteers, I didn't get any. What's up with that? If I wasn't married I'd be there in a heartbeat. Wait...Where?

Swinging on a rope sounds like great fun, or at least I would have enjoyed it 20 years ago. With my torn rotator cuff it hurts even reading about YOU doing it. I'm glad your's is finally healed up. You're so right about this taking longer to heal because I'm older than dirt. A while back my doc said it'll take 2-4 years to get as healed as it's going to, and it'll never heal 100%. Well, I hope 4 years is more accurate, because it's been close to 2 years and it's not even close to healed. So it can keep getting better for 2 more years, I hope. Well, if you'd quit jumping up screaming and scaring poor medics to death at the hospital it would help.

Yeah, I just swung out over the water and swung back to land. Apparently it doesn't rip your arm out of socket as much if you let go of the rope and hit the water. The ATV tour was a definite blast, though. I highly recommend to anyone going to Kauai.

I carried my computer with me to go see my shrink today and showed him some of the recent posts in here, mainly yours. He asked if he could send you a plane ticket, then changed his mind. He said he'd rather you stay where you are posting in here. He also said thank you, that he appreciates the help. I'd rather he give you a plane ticket to here. I have a couch you could lay on while we talk about it. Surely you could remotely access that server from here? I'm glad I'm helping and not hurting.

Good. Let it go. Those hateful demons want you to keep this stuff all bottled up. The tears wash them away.

Are you forgiving yourself? That's what you need to be thinking about.
Old 10-20-2010, 22:38   #5700
sawgrass

Quote:

This, along with a few things that I have going on. Wolfe just because I don't
post doesn't mean that you aren't in my thoughts and prayers.

It's too chilly to fish, I hate this mid-season thing called Fall. Come on
safe ice!! We really aren't so different. I like to fish when it's hot out and
I can get some sun and I like to fish when it's very cold out and I'm in a
nice warm fish house with a heater, my beverage of choice, some jerky
and a nice thermos of soup!

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!