Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:51   #6901
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I'm sorry you keep aggravating your injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05   #6902
BobInTX

It takes another guy!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31   #6903
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! First the Good Idea Fairy and now Dr. Disaster. You need a hug.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29   #6904
sawgrass

Bob that baby is adorable, nice avatar.

LW you're in my thoughts. I hope things improve quickly.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 13:05   #6905
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Miller View Post
I sure hope you are feeling better soon.
Thank you. I sure hope so too. I've been making progress in some areas, so I guess I just had to lose some ground in others, right? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I think Magnus was hoping to play doctor in a different way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Finally, someone that gets me.
Oh, don't worry, I got it. I just didn't want to get this thread locked while I was inviting him. And I still think he'll be more thorough than Dr Arse.

Bob, I love that avatar pic! That thumb is toast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I think Magnus2131 would not only do a better job but he also cares more about your well being. I wonder if we could arrange the switch.
Pack him up and ship him over. Just be gentle with him. Don't fold, spindle, or mulilate.

I have to wonder what that doctor was thinking to take both your Xanax and muscle relaxers away at the same time. Did he not think you would have a severe nightmare and possible thrash around and reinjure yourself. With your recent strength gains in your therapy you were able to do yourself more damage than before and he probably did not consider that either.

So now what does he think is causing the breathing difficulties? How much pain are you in now?
You're accusing Dr Arse of thinking?

I have no idea what was going through his mind and by the time I was given my nighttime meds he was long gone, I couldn't ask him. Probably a smart move on his part. I didn't think about it either, but my terrorist did say I'd gotten a little stronger in recent months. I guess I used that strength against myself when I tried to breakdance off the bed. Not good.

He still doesn't know what set off all the attacks, or if he does he hasn't told me. Right now I'm doped up big time on pain meds, but it flares up intermittently. Usually only lasts a few minutes before easing off again, but hurts like hell during the flare-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Hi Sweetheart! First the Good Idea Fairy and now Dr. Disaster. You need a hug. : hugs: : iloveyou:: hearts:
You make it seem like the Good Idea Fairy started my problems. Wrong, go back about 2 years before that and try again. Besides, what did the Good Idea Fairy do? I didn't lift anything that one person kept after me to. But if you want to place blame where it belongs start with that guy with the AK-47 and go from there.....

Yeah, I damn sure need a hug.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 17:08   #6906
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I hate the fact that you're having a lot of pain from aggravating your chest injury. As you're well aware that affects your dreams or more specifically the nightmares.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:40   #6907
23skidoo
Deceased

Hi Sweetheart! I hope you are feeling better and you had the sleep of the just last night, I hope Silent_Runner, myself and the rest of The Wrecking Crew meet Dr. Disaster in a dark alley just after taking delivery of a bag of Louisville Sluggers

Last edited by 23skidoo; 03-05-2011 at 11:00..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 14:59   #6908
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Hi Sweetheart! I hope you are feeling better and you had the sleep of the just last night, I hope Silent_Runner, myself and the rest of The Wrecking Crew meet Dr. Disaster in a dark alley just after taking delivery of a bag of Louisville Sluggers
I had the sleep of the drugged, will that do?

You gus don't need to be that hard on the poor guy, he means well. Save the bats for the bastard that intended to kill me, not someone who was trying to find out why I was suddenly having constant breathing attacks. I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted him to just let me keep having them until I was too exhausted to fight anymore. He's concerned enough that I'm still having them that I have to go back to the hospital tonight for the night so someone can keep an eye on me.

C'mon Mandy, time to go.

Quote:
I hate the fact that you're having a lot of pain from aggravating your chest injury. As you're well aware that affects your dreams or more specifically the nightmares.
Yep, it does. Ugh. Luckily Dr Arse hasn't taken away my Xanax or muscle relaxer again. I know he's done a couple things that haven't worked out well for me, but he does feel bad about what happened and talked to me a little today. He doesn't hate me or anything, he just doesn't think I should be here. He was taking again today about getting me into a Stateside hospital, but I don't think he's made any progress. He also made the comment that he might give me the steroid injections after all, he's just worried about the side effects I had last time. The one that scares him the most is the time I stopped breathing.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-05-2011, 16:26   #6909
sawgrass

Wolfe, I just watched a music video by Joe Nichols. The song is "The Shape
I'm In". You HAVE to see it, or at least look up the lyrics. We have company
right now, so I can't search it and post it. Great Song, written by a vet.

http://lyrics.url.com/show/8176/joe-...-i-m-in-lyrics

found a link...hope this works

I hope he figures out what's going on soon Wolfe. You've made great steps lately.

Last edited by sawgrass; 03-05-2011 at 17:34..
Old 03-05-2011, 16:28   #6910
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the drugged beats no sleep any day of the week.

Don't be hoodwinked Sweetheart, he just wants his own beer truck. Your regular doc should give him a high colonic and send him on a fifty mile hike with full pack.

Please give Mandy's ears a scratch from me.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:31   #6911
engineer151515

Quote:

Yeah, I damn sure need a hug.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:34   #6912
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
The sleep of the drugged beats no sleep any day of the week.

Don't be hoodwinked Sweetheart, he just wants his own beer truck. Your regular doc should give him a high colonic and send him on a fifty mile hike with full pack.

Please give Mandy's ears a scratch from me. ::
Are you trying to butter up her cat again? What did you do to it this time?

I love your suggestion of a high colonic.

Quote:
I had the sleep of the drugged, will that do?

You gus don't need to be that hard on the poor guy, he means well. Save the bats for the bastard that intended to kill me, not someone who was trying to find out why I was suddenly having constant breathing attacks. I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted him to just let me keep having them until I was too exhausted to fight anymore. He's concerned enough that I'm still having them that I have to go back to the hospital tonight for the night so someone can keep an eye on me.

Yep, it does. Ugh. Luckily Dr Arse hasn't taken away my Xanax or muscle relaxer again. I know he's done a couple things that haven't worked out well for me, but he does feel bad about what happened and talked to me a little today. He doesn't hate me or anything, he just doesn't think I should be here. He was taking again today about getting me into a Stateside hospital, but I don't think he's made any progress. He also made the comment that he might give me the steroid injections after all, he's just worried about the side effects I had last time. The one that scares him the most is the time I stopped breathing.
I agree that we should save the beast beating we have to offer for the person who shot you but can we practice on your doctor? Maybe we will give him another chance to take proper care of you before we come over there. It does seem like he wants to do what is best for you even though the results have left something to be desired.

When will you get the steroid injections if you are going to? The time you stopped breathing scares me too and I hope he plans to keep a close eye on you afterward. Will you continue to sleep in the hospital at night if he does?

Quote:
I can just imagine the effect that has had on her nightmares. Hopefully the Xanax is doing what it was intended to do for her.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:37   #6913
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart, keep your chin up honey
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41   #6914
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post

Quote:
When will you get the steroid injections if you are going to? The time you stopped breathing scares me too and I hope he plans to keep a close eye on you afterward. Will you continue to sleep in the hospital at night if he does?
Doc decided to give the injections and did it yesterday afternoon. He kept me there after that, so I didn't get a chance to post last night. He's keeping me on a short leash, but I'm out for a little while right now. I think I'll have to stay at the hospital for a few nights at least. I hope to be able to come back in later and write some more, but it's time to go to the DFAC for lunch.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-07-2011, 06:28   #6915
23skidoo
Deceased

I know the injections hurt Sweetheart.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:22   #6916
BobInTX

Quote:

Doc decided to give the injections and did it yesterday afternoon. He kept me there after that, so I didn't get a chance to post last night. He's keeping me on a short leash, but I'm out for a little while right now. I think I'll have to stay at the hospital for a few nights at least. I hope to be able to come back in later and write some more, but it's time to go to the DFAC for lunch.
What's the deal? You didn't give any of the guys here the opportunity to come help with those injections. I mean, someone has to rub that anesthetic cream on, right?

I'm praying that this will help your pain and no nasty side effects.

Last edited by BobInTX; 03-07-2011 at 08:23..
Old 03-07-2011, 11:25   #6917
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
What's the deal? You didn't give any of the guys here the opportunity to come help with those injections. I mean, someone has to rub that anesthetic cream on, right?

Wolfe you are in trouble now! I wonder how many men would have volunteered to come rub that cream on you. I seem to remember a lady volunteer last time too.

You could have taken your pick of several I think.

Quote:
It sounds like Dr Arse might be coming around to the idea of doing more for you than the bare minimum to get by. I hope that is the case. How is your chest feeling now? Have you been able to keep yourself OK mentally? I know you mentioned a few days ago that you were doing OK but are you still holding certain demons at bay?
Quote:
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Old 03-07-2011, 15:08   #6918
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_serpent View Post
Hang in there LW, we're all prayin' for you.
Thank you, friend. Prayers are always appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
As always,......teeie, weenie, sweetie hugs!
I always enjoy your hugs, you don't squeeze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Prayers for you! Get better soon, we miss you!
Thank you. I miss you when I can't get in here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow/Repo View Post
"I need a hug"
<--- huuuuuuuug : hugs:: hugs:--<

atoy
Thank you. I'm hugging back, but I'm out of smileys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Wolfe, I just watched a music video by Joe Nichols. The song is "The Shape
I'm In". You HAVE to see it, or at least look up the lyrics. We have company
right now, so I can't search it and post it. Great Song, written by a vet.

http://lyrics.url.com/show/8176/joe-...-i-m-in-lyrics

found a link...hope this works

I hope he figures out what's going on soon Wolfe. You've made great steps lately.
I've seen that video, it's hard to watch. I've actually met Joe Nichols when he was in Kuwait on his way over here. Here's something I posted in another thread where this same link was posted.
Quote:
Yeah, that one hurts to watch, and I am a vet. Maybe that makes it worse, because I see some of that stuff and have my own experiences. A little threadjack here, Joe Nichols isnít just paying lip service, he really appreciates the military. I met him at the Kuwaiti airport while I was waiting on a flight. I was standing along one wall trying not to get bumped around and he was there talking to some people that I donít know who they are.

They drifted off, so I said something to him about a song of his that I like. We chatted a couple minutes then I asked where he was going to and he said Iraq. I told him I just came from there. He asked if I was military and I said I was. He was curious and asked about my tour so I told him Iíd gone to Afghanistan originally, but left after a short time and then later gone to Iraq. He wanted to know why, so I told him Iíd gotten hurt and medevaced out of Afghanistan. He stopped for a sec, said how he hated to hear that, and told me he really wished he had packed a copy of his latest CD in his carry-on so he could give me one. I could tell he wasnít blowing smoke up my ass just saying that, he was really sincere. I got him to autograph the little folder that my plane tickets were in. He was on his way to Iraq to do concerts on the bases for us. Wish heíd come over while I was here, Iíd have loved to seen him play. Super nice guy.

/threadjack

Quote:
I know the injections hurt Sweetheart. : hugs:: hugs:: hearts:: grouphug:: iloveyou:
They weren't too terrible. I had numbing cream on and Dr Arse used the same tiny needle that Dr Nice uses when he does the injections. I'm a bit sore still from the actual medicine, but that doesn't really compare to the other pain in my chest. The pain meds are keeping it from feeling to bad, too. Hey, all that Oxy's got to be good for something, right?

Quote:

Damn, I missed out, didn't I? So who would have volunteered? Unfortunately I didn't have any chance to get back here and ask. I went in to see my terrorist and got the message to go see the doc. That's when he said I was getting holes poked in my chest, go wait in the room where it was done.

Thanks for the prayers, I hope that happens too. Right now my breathing is tight and I'm waiting on a ride to the hospital for the night. Between the tight breathing and the dust storm outside I don't think I can walk it this time.

Quote:
Wolfe you are in trouble now!: wow: I wonder how many men would have volunteered to come rub that cream on you. I seem to remember a lady volunteer last time too.: rofl:

You could have taken your pick of several I think.

It sounds like Dr Arse might be coming around to the idea of doing more for you than the bare minimum to get by. I hope that is the case. How is your chest feeling now? Have you been able to keep yourself OK mentally? I know you mentioned a few days ago that you were doing OK but are you still holding certain demons at bay?
Yep, I screwed up and missed out, didn't I? My loss.

I agree that he's at least trying, although he still think I have no business being here. He says that every time he sees me, and I think he'd like to smack my regular doc for bringing me back over here. But at least he hasn't made much noise about yanking my medical clearance for a couple days in spite of all the problems I've had.

As for the demons you ask about, I'm still telling a couple of them to **** off. They seem to be less persuasive this time in spite of the nightmares, chest pain and breathing problems being so bad right now. Hopefully it'll stay that way, because this can really drag me down.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-07-2011, 17:54   #6919
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just Sweetheart. I'm glad the injections didn't hurt too bad.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 03-07-2011 at 17:59..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:13   #6920
sawgrass

That's cool about Joe Nichols. It really touched me in the video when the guy
is trying to put his leg on, and the line 'I'm getting better at doing the best I
can" made me think of you.

Last edited by sawgrass; 03-08-2011 at 09:52..
Old 03-08-2011, 07:54   #6921
BobInTX

If the pain in your chest totally disappears let me know, okay? Because I'm praying hard for it.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:36   #6922
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
If the pain in your chest totally disappears let me know, okay? Because I'm praying hard for it.
I think there are several of us praying for that. According to Wolfe and her doctor we may be praying for that for a long time but it will be worth it if we ever get our prayer answered.

Quote:
As for the demons you ask about, I'm still telling a couple of them to **** off. They seem to be less persuasive this time in spite of the nightmares, chest pain and breathing problems being so bad right now. Hopefully it'll stay that way, because this can really drag me down.
I have not seen anyone volunteer to come over there Wolfe. Maybe no one wants to anymore? Or maybe they are just smart enough to stay out of that place you are in.

It seems your doctor has finally decided to put his obligation to you ahead of her personal problems and it's about time. We can hope that continues the rest of the times you are in his care. You keep those demons in your head at bay because you will get better. That fact that you have been able to do that so far is proof of that.
Quote:
Old 03-08-2011, 12:53   #6923
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<<<< Is always ready to stand at Miss Lone's side and whack some demons.
Old 03-08-2011, 13:00   #6924
engineer151515

Miss Marylin says hello

Okie Memorial Area
Old 03-08-2011, 14:02   #6925
BobInTX

I'll see your cat and raise you a granddaughter.
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!