Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2010, 13:20   #5501
23skidoo
Deceased

Six hours of sleep! May you sleep ten tonight and may your demons be called before their maker to be punished as only he can dole it out.
Old 10-06-2010, 13:27   #5502
BobInTX

One of these days you're going to oversleep and wake up late for work.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 13:35   #5503
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
One of these days you're going to oversleep and wake up late for work.
If that happens Skidoo will be mad at Eric for only allowing 6 's.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 15:57   #5504
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
If that happens Skidoo will be mad at Eric for only allowing 6 's.

Old 10-06-2010, 16:56   #5505
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Six hours of sleep! May you sleep ten tonight and may your demons be called before their maker to be punished as only he can dole it out.: hugs:: hearts:: iloveyou:
I'll take the 10 hours sleep with or without the demons in my head getting in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you sweetheart: hearts:: hugs:
Hiya okie, gimme a !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Yes Wolfe don't forget Mandy or she would come back to haunt you worse than those demons ever did. I think BobInTX has a great idea in this idea. Lock up as many as you can and leave them there.

That is good news about your chest not hurting so bad. You told me the other day that you had another MRI. Did you get the results back yet?

Oh and you are right about how we all make a difference in each others lives but I think you underestimate how much of a difference you have made to may of us including me. You should know how much you helped me when I was going through my divorce. I have never forgotten what you did and I never will.
If I leave Mandy in a chu with a bunch of demons I'd be more worried about the demons! Hey wait, I may be on to something.......

Yes, I remember well what happened during your divorce, and I was only too happy to help. I won't say anything more because I've never heard about you posting details about it.

The news on the MRI is mostly as expected. Slowly healing damage. But what's good is I'd had one done shortly before going on leave and my doc ordered another right after to see it I'd made anything worse, besides aggaravating and stressing things. The good news is I didn't tear anything back loose, so they don't have to stick those needles back in my chest to re-fix anything. I was relieved about that, because by the time I carried my stuff and flew on 10 different airplanes in a week I sure felt like I had. Doc said there's a bunch of inflammation and he wants to do a series of steroid shots down each side of my sternum again. I hate those, but they do help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Wolfe, you do sound more hopeful. It's wonderful to see.
I think leaving the old stuff in the old place is a great idea.

Work is still very busy. I keep up with this thread but am so
tired that I can barely put two sentences together. You and skidoo
remain in my thoughts.
Sometimes I feel more hopeful than other times. I'm just tired of the lack of sleep, the nightmares and my damn chest hurting all the time. So I got to get better if any if that crap is going to quit, since getting the pain to quit in another way isn't a good option. Besides, it would piss some of you off.

Damn, I hope work doesn't stay this bad all year. You'll need another summer vacation starting in November. I've missed you, but get some rest, friend.

Quote:
I'm sooooo glad you're not hurting as much. I'm seeing a lot of Hope from you in your post. Keep it up.

I meant what I said about saying a prayer and locking them inside. Do it. Literally. Symbolism can go a long way in your recovery.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't forget Mandy!
You're not the only one glad!!!!!!! It got bad enough one afternoon I was at Skidoo's house that when he asked me if he could do anything for me I said "Load a gun and hand it to me". He declined. The rest of the trip wasn't much better in that sense. Even my physical terrorist went easy on my when I first got back here. At least this time the 'extra' pain didn't last as long as it did the previous 2 time I flew back to the States.

I'm going to put the AC on freeze-out setting and lock as many of them as I can in there. I had thought of leaving Mandy in there to terrorize them, but I'd miss her too much. Besides, when she got out she'd come hunt me down and..............

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-06-2010, 20:05   #5506
BobInTX

I don't envy you on those steroid shots, but maybe they'll tackle that inflammation and allow your chest to heal faster. I believe if your chest didn't hurt so dang much you might not have the nightmares. And if you didn't have the dang nightmares your chest might not hurt so much.

And maybe without the inflammation your PT might have better results.

See how that Hope thing works.

And I saw you cracking jokes in there. That's that Joy thing again.
Old 10-06-2010, 22:43   #5507
23skidoo
Deceased

Don't forget, if you choose to leave Miss Mandy in your current chu to deal with the demons, she has a buddy there to back her up; it's high time that beagle earned his keep. Get 'em ****head!
Old 10-06-2010, 23:18   #5508
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership

Gratuitous kid shot, because Family rocks:

Last winter's holiday card shot: Okie Memorial Area

Few weeks ago:
Okie Memorial Area

...The other night in the tub I hear my big guy tell the little guy, "No, you can't swim away yet- I'm pretending you're a Brown Pelican, and you're covered with oil, but I'm cleaning you all up so you'll be safe!"

Who says the kids don't pay attention to the news?? lol.
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:54   #5509
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Don't forget, if you choose to leave Miss Mandy in your current chu to deal with the demons, she has a buddy there to back her up; it's high time that beagle earned his keep. Get 'em ****head!
Are you kidding?!?!? ****Head would probably hold the door open for them, saying "She went thataway!"

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-07-2010, 05:03   #5510
23skidoo
Deceased

Quote:
Are you kidding?!?!? ****Head would probably hold the door open for them, saying "She went thataway!"

:animlol : :rofl :
I'm going to have a long talk with that boy.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03   #5511
BobInTX

Cute, RottnJP. My son's boys are 4 and 2. How old are your boys?
Old 10-07-2010, 09:26   #5512
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:

Quote:
I don't envy you on those steroid shots, but maybe they'll tackle that inflammation and allow your chest to heal faster. I believe if your chest didn't hurt so dang much you might not have the nightmares. And if you didn't have the dang nightmares your chest might not hurt so much.

And maybe without the inflammation your PT might have better results.

See how that Hope thing works.

And I saw you cracking jokes in there. That's that Joy thing again.
BobInTX you make a good point about the nightmares. I think the ones she tells of where she rolls facedown and are the worst are either triggered by the pain or at least worsened. It would be great if she could numb her chest at least while sleeping.

I like the jokes too. Wolfe has a twisted sense of humor at times.

Quote:
If I leave Mandy in a chu with a bunch of demons I'd be more worried about the demons! Hey wait, I may be on to something.......

Yes, I remember well what happened during your divorce, and I was only too happy to help. I won't say anything more because I've never heard about you posting details about it.

The news on the MRI is mostly as expected. Slowly healing damage. But what's good is I'd had one done shortly before going on leave and my doc ordered another right after to see it I'd made anything worse, besides aggaravating and stressing things. The good news is I didn't tear anything back loose, so they don't have to stick those needles back in my chest to re-fix anything. I was relieved about that, because by the time I carried my stuff and flew on 10 different airplanes in a week I sure felt like I had. Doc said there's a bunch of inflammation and he wants to do a series of steroid shots down each side of my sternum again. I hate those, but they do help.
Wolfe the fact that you did not actually reinjure anything is a very good sign. You can expect strain and inflammation after doing anything that stresses your chest and that will probably last a long time and maybe the rest of your life. But the fact that you did not cause yourself a setback by carrying a light backpack is a big improvement. Be glad you were as careful as you were because you are much better off than you were in February. Be especially glad you don't need any more cartlidge repair. That would be a real setback.

I know you dislike the shots but they give you the series going down your chest to get the medicine where it will do the most good. I'm sure you already know this but it can be hard to think about when getting a series of needle sticks.

I have no problem talking about my divorce or your part in helping me if it's relevant to any discussion in here. I'm not ashamed of anything I did.

RottnJP and BobInTX you have beautiful children and grandchildren.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:46   #5513
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

BobInTX you make a good point about the nightmares. I think the ones she tells of where she rolls facedown and are the worst are either triggered by the pain or at least worsened. It would be great if she could numb her chest at least while sleeping.

I like the jokes too. Wolfe has a twisted sense of humor at times.

I like twisted.

I know you dislike the shots but they give you the series going down your chest to get the medicine where it will do the most good. I'm sure you already know this but it can be hard to think about when getting a series of needle sticks.

Shhh. You're going to make her run outside the fence.

I have no problem talking about my divorce or your part in helping me if it's relevant to any discussion in here. I'm not ashamed of anything I did.

Sounds like your head is on straight. But I would have expected no less from you. But since we're talking about it, did you shoot him?
RottnJP and BobInTX you have beautiful children and grandchildren.
Thanks. We'll be expecting some wedding pics of your beautiful daughter. Her mother would be a nice bonus, too.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:25   #5514
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Shhh. You're going to make her run outside the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner
Sounds like your head is on straight. But I would have expected no less from you. But since we're talking about it, did you shoot him?.
Are you kidding?!?!?!? The holes those bastards would poke in me are a lot bigger than needle holes! Almost 7.62 mm bigger!!!!!

<<< does NOT want to take on another 7.62 round..... EVER!

No, she didn't shoot him. But there was a moment when I was afraid I was going to have to. Luckily he had a sudden infusion of wisdom.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-07-2010, 12:39   #5515
BobInTX

Injections it is!

They better be worth it, huh?

Last edited by BobInTX; 10-07-2010 at 12:58.. Reason: To please the Lady
Old 10-07-2010, 12:55   #5516
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
Gratuitous kid shot, because Family rocks:

Last winter's holiday card shot: Okie Memorial Area

Few weeks ago:
Okie Memorial Area

...The other night in the tub I hear my big guy tell the little guy, "No, you can't swim away yet- I'm pretending you're a Brown Pelican, and you're covered with oil, but I'm cleaning you all up so you'll be safe!"

Who says the kids don't pay attention to the news?? lol.
They grow up so fast. My son left when he was 18. He is now 25 and I've not seen him since.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:55   #5517
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Shots it is!

They better be worth it, huh?
You know, I think I'd rather refer to them as 'injections'.......

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-07-2010, 12:59   #5518
BobInTX

Quote:
You know, I think I'd rather refer to them as 'injections'.......
Oops. Okay I changed it.

Injections it is! Not *****.

So, when are these injections supposed to happen?
Old 10-07-2010, 13:23   #5519
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Oops. Okay I changed it.

Injections it is! Not *****.

So, when are these injections supposed to happen?
Much better word, although I don't like needles either. But needles are way better than the other option here. Doc was supposed to stick me today, but some problems came up at work and I couldn't get back to the hospital in time. I barely made it back in time to get my head shrunk.

I've had this dome several times before, and it does help. Doc just hadn't done it in several months because he said it's a bad idea to do steroid injections indefinitely, especially with the other meds I'm on. He thinks now my chest has healed enough that this might speed up more healing. I sure hope he's right.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-07-2010, 13:29   #5520
BobInTX

If I'm not mistaken, side effects from continuous steroids are nasty. I'm glad your doc is thinking.

You're tough. Soft pillow chest taps (that's what I'm calling them now) can't be nearly as bad as a bullet hitting you there.

Does he soft pillow chest tap lidocaine there first?

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!