Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:31   #5481
sawgrass

Your own potty AND a bunker!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:39   #5482
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I'm not going to know what to do with myself not having to tote all my stuff to the shower and then walk back in my robe.

A big bunker around 6 chus is the description I got. Supposedly they're close to here, but in an area that's not closing yet. I'm supposed to be able to move over there sometime next week.
Try to look at this move as a new beginning. All of those nights that you weren't knocked out and you couldn't sleep at all will be left in your old chu. Those days you spent in the hospital because you couldn't breathe, left in the old chu. The days and nights you spent worrying when you didn't hear from 23skidoo, left in the old chu.

Leave Anger, Giving Up, Suicide, Despair, and Guilt in the old chu. Say a prayer, step outside, and lock them inside. I feel sorry for the next poor soul who occupies it. Then walk to the new chu, where Hope, Peace, Faith, Joy and Love are waiting for you. Take a shower and wash all that crud away from you.

Yes, Pain, Lack of Sleep and Nightmares will still be around for a while. But they will get better when those other demons aren't around.

This is a good time to remind you again of the angels working for you .

Quote:
On the flip side from your metaphorical "demons" are your "angels".

You have "Hope", and she's beautiful. She's one of the favorite angels of God, because, as you know, through His grace we have Hope of eternal life, which is the greatest gift of all. "And Hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

She has an angel friend named "Peace". He's not here yet, but he's coming. He's one of the favorite angels of Jesus, who after all, is the Prince of Peace. The nightmare demons really don't like Peace at all, because they know he is coming and is going to win.

"Faith" is another angel. She's even powerful than even Hope and Peace, because without her they can whither away. All of the demons hate her especially, because she keeps you close to God. He is the source of your strength and courage. She is a favorite of the Holy Spirit, who keeps her close to you at all times. "Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good." [Romans 8:26, The Message] Our Faith works for you, as well.

Joy is an angel that we see come out in your sense of humor. Even when we know you are hurting from pain and nightmares, Joy makes her appearance. She's not as strong as the other angels, so Hope and Faithfulness help her a lot. She is very beautiful, and we love her.

The most powerful angel of all is Love. God's love. Your Love. Our love. "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies."
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:37   #5483
engineer151515

Angles

Friends

and Knights.

engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:40   #5484
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
Angles

Friends

and Knights.

Angles? 90 degree or acute?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44   #5485
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post

My point is you may end up with a regime of various cocktails for each night of the week. Hey, it works for me and I've been doing it a very long time.
OldLincoln that is more common than you may realize. One reason it continues to work for you is that your body does not build up a tolerance to a drug like it would if you took it every day.

Quote:
I guess you remember the time I took those cold pills... :: Yeah, my doc's being careful, it seems like a little too careful sometimes. But his first close-up look at me was when my reaction to the AD's put me in the hospital loony bin, so you can't blame him.

A big bunker around 6 chus is the description I got. Supposedly they're close to here, but in an area that's not closing yet. I'm supposed to be able to move over there sometime next week.
I would be extra careful if that was my first sight of you also. You must have been something to see that night. I might even have been afraid of you. So you have not seen your new room yet? I hope it's as secure as you have been told it is. I know you are most concerned about having your own private potty and shower but I am happiest about the thought of you sleeping inside a bunker when you base gets attacked.

And yes I remember when you took those cold pills you are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Your own potty AND a bunker!:
Wolfe called if the Taji Mahal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Try to look at this move as a new beginning. All of those nights that you weren't knocked out and you couldn't sleep at all will be left in your old chu. Those days you spent in the hospital because you couldn't breathe, left in the old chu. The days and nights you spent worrying when you didn't hear from 23skidoo, left in the old chu.

Leave Anger, Giving Up, Suicide, Despair, and Guilt in the old chu. Say a prayer, step outside, and lock them inside. I feel sorry for the next poor soul who occupies it. Then walk to the new chu, where Hope, Peace, Faith, Joy and Love are waiting for you. Take a shower and wash all that crud away from you.

Yes, Pain, Lack of Sleep and Nightmares will still be around for a while. But they will get better when those other demons aren't around.

That is funny! I would hate to be the next person to walk in there. The cleaning crew may never be the same after cleaning her old chu.

Wolfe I like this idea. Leave those demons behind when you lock your old door for the last time. Just don't forget your radio or something and have to go back for it and face a bunch of angry demons. Oh and turn off the air conditioner before you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:51   #5486
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
That is funny! I would hate to be the next person to walk in there. The cleaning crew may never be the same after cleaning her old chu.

Wolfe I like this idea. Leave those demons behind when you lock your old door for the last time. Just don't forget your radio or something and have to go back for it and face a bunch of angry demons. Oh and turn off the air conditioner before you go.
Well, seein's as how they're from Hell, they might like that.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06   #5487
engineer151515

Quote:
Angles? 90 degree or acute?
oops.

Tough engineering day.

Last edited by engineer151515; 10-05-2010 at 11:07..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:56   #5488
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
oops.

Tough engineering day. : supergrin:

Haha, I sure understand the part about the tough day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
That is funny!: rofl: I would hate to be the next person to walk in there. The cleaning crew may never be the same after cleaning her old chu.

Maybe we'll get skidoo to go in there with his cane and have at them.... Actually I'd be better turning the AC on full tilt when I leave. That thing can make the room so cold at night I have icicles form off my elbows. I think that would be better, plus the room would stink less when KBR does go in there.

I got to see the new chu today, it's not exactly like I was thinking, but ecah one is protected. I did a crappy drawing in pain to show how they look. The white part is the chu, and the gray is concrete. It's 18" thick between each one and covers 3 sides. The front is open but there's T-walls less than 8 feet from the front. As you can see some of the tops are completely convered and some only partially. I'm getting an end one that's completely covered. The only a hajji bastard's going to get me with a rocket is to drop it right at my front door and that's not going to happen. God wants me around for something, and I don't think I'm finished yet with whatever it is.

Oh, and it really does have my own private throne and shower.

Quote:
Angles

Friends

and Knights.

And hugs.......

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 13:06   #5489
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Your own potty AND a bunker!
Yep, I call it the Taji Mahal.

And here's the drawing I made of how it's set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Okie Memorial Area - Click for larger version  

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-05-2010, 13:29   #5490
BobInTX

Quote:

Hmm...Are you sure that's not the stalls in the women's restroom?
Old 10-05-2010, 16:11   #5491
23skidoo
Deceased

The sleep of the just Sweetheart.

Last edited by 23skidoo; 10-05-2010 at 16:12..
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:11   #5492
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The sleep of the just Sweetheart.: smootchie:
It wasn't the best sleep in the world, but I did get almost 6 hours total again last night, so I'm glad of that. The new sleep meds seem to be working better. Let's hope that stays that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
You mentioned your sleep meds don't work too long. That makes two of us and I suspect many more. Difference is I have been an insomniac since I can remember (5th - 6th grade for sure). My sleep doc has me on a daily dose of Sonata 5mg (a 4hr hypnotic cap) and I add 1 of 4 over-the-counters (Tylenol PM, Advil PM, Benadryl, Melatonin). If I take any 1 of the extras more than 2 consecutive nights the bad dreams start and I have a dull hangover until mid-day. But rotating them I sleep pretty well. When I'm tired enough I may leave the extra off. Doesn't work as well but that's my little rebellion.

My point is you may end up with a regime of various cocktails for each night of the week. Hey, it works for me and I've been doing it a very long time.
My doc had mentioned that possibility a while back, but not lately. I think if we find several different combinations that work well for me he may bring that up again. Like Silent_Runner mentioned, it would lessen the tolerance I build up. The one thing my doc did say was that if I went on something like the he (or my doc at the time) would have to be really careful that the different cocktails didn't interact and cause me more problems because the prescription stuff is strong and doesn't always clear my system quickly.

But then I'm hoping to eventually get to where I don't need anything stronger than what you take. That may be wishful thinking, though. I'm glad you found something that works in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I knew you were not a quitter. I apologize and I know you're fighting as hard as you can. We all know you did not die for a reason. I think of a certain 23# and I think of how you have given me strength and a few others here. Not to put any extra stress and responsibility on you but I know you have influenced many here. You're fight is your own but we can't help but root for you.
I sure hope you can get into a safer situation. Having your own bathroom is a big score.
On a side note, today was a very good day. A wheelchair bound friend and neighbor asked if I could sit with her today at the hospital. She had failed her stress test and had to have a heart catheter today. It came out with no blockage, so it was a false positive. She was so happy to see me there. I crawled up in one of those 3/4 couches and waited. She was so relieved to find out the news. Her older sister was there also. It's not every day she gets good news. Just lost her mother and aunt. I can't believe how positive she has been. It really puts me in my place. I've seen tragedies and miracles here where I live. An older friend has lived way past his expectations from lymphoma. He found a woman here that has taken care of him. He has lived 5 years past what they thought. Just never give up on yourself because I know we won't. Love ya!
What the heck are you apologizing for? You didnít say anything wrong. Quite the opposite, in fact. Sometimes the reminder that it would affect more than just me is what I need. Itís always been easy to close myself off and think if I wasnít around it wouldnít make any difference in the world at all, but one of the things this thread has shown me is how much we all affect each otherís lives, sometimes in a small way, sometimes in a real big way. Skidoo is one example of a big way, thereís lots of other examples in here. For all the strength and encouragement youíve given me, Iím all too glad Iím giving some back.

Iím glad your friend got good news from her catheter test, it sounds like she was overdue. Youíre a really good friend to her, and it sounds like she knows that.

Quote:

I like this idea, leaving all that crap in my old chu, but Iíd also pity the cleaning crew or the next occupant. As long as the demons donít run out when the door is opened and come back to me. I hope not, Iím tired of them messing with me like they do. Iíve been trying to free myself of the crap in my head, even one problem at a time. Sometimes it seems like Iím getting there, then all of it comes back as if to show me that Iím not making any progress at all. Thatís when despair, giving up, and even suicide get into my head. But what I have noticed is that even when the first 2 show up more recently they arenít quite as strong, and the third one gets the message to **** off a lot easier these days.

Chest pain has eased back to itís Ďnormalí levels in the last few days. Iím glad of that, the added complaints it was making from all the traveling was hard to take. My doc is also glad Iím not having to take half a bottle of pills on top of the Oxy right now. He was worried I was getting too much tolerance for all the meds and theyíd stop working. So far that hasnít happened with the Oxy, thank God. I can sure tell anytime Iím late taking one thatís itís doing itís job.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-06-2010, 08:09   #5493
BobInTX

Quote:
It wasn't the best sleep in the world, but I did get almost 6 hours total again last night, so I'm glad of that. The new sleep meds seem to be working better. Let's hope that stays that way.

Shoot, that's about what I get on a good night. Maybe I should send you my black lab to be there when you wake up during the night. He seems to think 3 am is his time to go outside. Ugh!

What the heck are you apologizing for? You didnít say anything wrong. Quite the opposite, in fact. Sometimes the reminder that it would affect more than just me is what I need. Itís always been easy to close myself off and think if I wasnít around it wouldnít make any difference in the world at all, but one of the things this thread has shown me is how much we all affect each otherís lives, sometimes in a small way, sometimes in a real big way. Skidoo is one example of a big way, thereís lots of other examples in here. For all the strength and encouragement youíve given me, Iím all too glad Iím giving some back.

Words cannot express how crushed we would all be if something happened to you.

I like this idea, leaving all that crap in my old chu, but Iíd also pity the cleaning crew or the next occupant. As long as the demons donít run out when the door is opened and come back to me. I hope not, Iím tired of them messing with me like they do. Iíve been trying to free myself of the crap in my head, even one problem at a time. Sometimes it seems like Iím getting there, then all of it comes back as if to show me that Iím not making any progress at all.

No, that is progress. I'll bet every time you do this it lasts longer and longer. 2 steps forward and 1 step back is still progress and will get you where you're going.

Thatís when despair, giving up, and even suicide get into my head. But what I have noticed is that even when the first 2 show up more recently they arenít quite as strong, and the third one gets the message to **** off a lot easier these days. That's because Hope is there helping you. Can you feel Love helping her?

Chest pain has eased back to itís Ďnormalí levels in the last few days. Iím glad of that, the added complaints it was making from all the traveling was hard to take. My doc is also glad Iím not having to take half a bottle of pills on top of the Oxy right now. He was worried I was getting too much tolerance for all the meds and theyíd stop working. So far that hasnít happened with the Oxy, thank God. I can sure tell anytime Iím late taking one thatís itís doing itís job.
I'm sooooo glad you're not hurting as much. I'm seeing a lot of Hope from you in your post. Keep it up.

I meant what I said about saying a prayer and locking them inside. Do it. Literally. Symbolism can go a long way in your recovery.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't forget Mandy!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:12   #5494
sawgrass

Cute Avatar Bob! Maybe you should buy the little one an ipod.

Wolfe, you do sound more hopeful. It's wonderful to see.
I think leaving the old stuff in the old place is a great idea.

Work is still very busy. I keep up with this thread but am so
tired that I can barely put two sentences together. You and skidoo
remain in my thoughts.

Last edited by sawgrass; 10-06-2010 at 09:13..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26   #5495
BobInTX

Those are his shootin' muffs, sawgrass.

And he already has 2 iPhones to play with!

He's my middle grandson. Did I tell everyone that our 4th grandchild is going to be a girl this time?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:48   #5496
Tenngunner

Congratulations Bob don't spoil her too much. When is she due?

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09   #5497
sawgrass

Quote:
Those are his shootin' muffs, sawgrass.

And he already has 2 iPhones to play with!

He's my middle grandson. Did I tell everyone that our 4th grandchild is going to be a girl this time?

Then shootin' it is! Sign him up with LW's demon killing team.
Nice Bass Pro hat too. I sent my new nephew a Cabela's foam
ball shooting gun a couple of weeks ago. It went over much better
than I expected with his parents.

Congrats on the new little girl!

A couple of nights ago I ended up 'babysitting' a nine year old, a five year
old and a two year old at work. They seemed safer with me, electricity and
sharp things than where they were left. It was interesting.

Last edited by sawgrass; 10-06-2010 at 10:09..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09   #5498
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenngunner View Post
Congratulations Bob don't spoil her too much. When is she due?
She's due in February the day before the Super Bowl. Spoiling is in my job description.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:28   #5499
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
I'm sooooo glad you're not hurting as much. I'm seeing a lot of Hope from you in your post. Keep it up.

I meant what I said about saying a prayer and locking them inside. Do it. Literally. Symbolism can go a long way in your recovery.

Oh, and whatever you do, don't forget Mandy!
Yes Wolfe don't forget Mandy or she would come back to haunt you worse than those demons ever did. I think BobInTX has a great idea in this idea. Lock up as many as you can and leave them there.

BobInTX congratulations on the Granddaughter!

Quote:

Iím glad your friend got good news from her catheter test, it sounds like she was overdue. Youíre a really good friend to her, and it sounds like she knows that.

Six hours sleep is still less than you need but it's a big improvement over the two to three you were getting these last few weeks. I have no doubt your doctor will tweak your cocktail some more until you are close to what you need.

That is good news about your chest not hurting so bad. You told me the other day that you had another MRI. Did you get the results back yet?

Oh and you are right about how we all make a difference in each others lives but I think you underestimate how much of a difference you have made to may of us including me. You should know how much you helped me when I was going through my divorce. I have never forgotten what you did and I never will.

Quote:

The Taji Mahal. I'm still over that comment. I like your description of it too. It sounds like you will be much safer there. Hopefully one less bit of stress will help you sleep better too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:27   #5500
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote

« Huge craving! | - »

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!