GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2011, 17:47   #6801
sawgrass

You better go wherever they are relaxed about visitors. But hey, you won't be there forever. LW you're getting better!

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-18-2011 at 20:14.. Reason: typo
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 19:01   #6802
BobInTX

^^^^^
^^^^^
^^^^^

Let's see, warm weather most of the time or cold winters? But it rains a lot in Hawaii. Hmmm. I vote Hawaii, but reserve the right to see you in Virginia. I know someone that lives in WV that probably votes VA.

Tell me again why you didn't go to Walter Reed in the first place?

In your first flower pic I thought you had some statuette of some kind of pre-Columbian guy with a ring through his nose. Then I realized it was your hand. It was naked though.

Mrs Bob thanks you for pics.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 02-18-2011 at 19:04..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 20:17   #6803
sawgrass

^^and I was trying to get a look at that ring.
LW you didn't mention it when Bob asked you what you enjoyed, but I think
quality jewelery is on that list, isn't it?

ETA: Is it true that Walter Reed is the best VA hospital? Why weren't you sent there?

Last edited by sawgrass; 02-18-2011 at 20:19..
Old 02-18-2011, 22:14   #6804
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
I vote for "stateside"...doesn't matter which, just closer to home so we can try to see you!

Have you received your dreamcatcher yet? May we have a pic of it? (is that allowed?)

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:33   #6805
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Lone_Wolfe said I needed to post this pic of my new granddaughter.
She is very beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
What a jerk doctor.

<<< ready for first LW defense nose punch.
I think you would be the first of several delivering punches.

Quote:
What made you happy before the shooting happened?

And don't say it Depends.
Why do I think I missed something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
LW,

God still has a purpose for your life.

You have been through a lot, and you will be a gift to many others because of all that you are learning through this experience.

He is NOT done with you yet!

You are not responsible for what happened to anyone else.

There is a purpose that you have yet to fill. God still needs you here!

This is an excellent post and so very true. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
True, knowing why won't change what Greg did, no matter how much I wish it did at times. My shrink was just asking me today why I thought Greg did what he did. Or course I came out with all the textbook answers, plus a few that he said most people might not have thought of, then he came out with a few of his own. He wasn't trying to get me to settle on what the real reason might have been, but trying to help me come to terms with it. He asked me what I would do if I was able to find out the reason and it was what I considered to be a stupid reason. I thought about it some and said that I might have to headslap him, then thank him for saving me. Then I'd still ask him what the hell he was thinking. I think that thinking it out like I am now is just part of how I come to terms with something. My shrink asked me something else that stuck with me, he asked if I'd have done the same thing for any of the same reasons I gave. I think I would have.

Dr. Arse does have a point about me being in a stateside hospital, but I really doubt he can make it happen. But being where a bunch of you could come visit me would lift my spirits more than I can tell you. So do you folks vote for Walter Reed (DC area) or Trippler (Honolulu)? Not that I would actually have a choice in the matter.....
Dr Arse.

I he is telling the truth about getting you into a military hospital you should take that option. You would probably not need to be there long. I think you would gain a lot of ground just by being able to rest and have better physical therapy. You having to work every day is hindering you probably more than you know.

I understand why you want to know why Greg risked his life to save yours because I would ask things like that too. But what answer could he give you that would cause you to headslap him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Regardless what was found out (if it were possible to find out, which it's not) about why he did what he did...it won't change the way things have happened since. Do yourself a favor (and the rest of us who care about you) and thank God for Greg's sacrifice and live up to it by enjoying the second chance you were given. You are right...the reason won't change the fact...realize that applies here and try to let it go.

It would be great to have you stateside, properly cared for in a military hospital...please consider it. I would be willing to bet you wouldn't WANT for much in the way of creature comforts or companionship. The hospital would probably have to build a special visiting area for you

God knows S_R's needs...I don't need to know specifics to pray for her, which I will do immediately! Could I beg for a few prayers too? A very special friend of mine has been told he has a high chance he will have to have surgery to replace his heart valve. He's high risk as he had an aortic dissection 11 years ago when the survival rate was only 5%, so risk of infection is high.
LadyGlock is right in that no matter what Greg's reason the deed is done and we have him to thank for your life. We do thank him too because we are so glad you are alive today. I may have to volunteer to referee the visitors if you do get sent to a hospital here. How many can you stand at once.

I thank you all very much for the prayers and would like to ask that you please continue. Wolfe asked me if she should start a thread on my behalf and I asked her if I could talk a little here if I decided to and she said of course. I may take her up on that but have not decided. LadyGlock I will pray that your friend makes a complete recovery.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 13:02   #6806
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
She is very beautiful.

Why do I think I missed something here?

I thank you all very much for the prayers and would like to ask that you please continue. Wolfe asked me if she should start a thread on my behalf and I asked her if I could talk a little here if I decided to and she said of course. I may take her up on that but have not decided. LadyGlock I will pray that your friend makes a complete recovery.
Because you didn't just fall off of the turnip wagon. Tell Bob to fill you in.

Silent_Runner we are here for you too, and if there is anything you think I can
help you with just let me know.
Old 02-19-2011, 14:13   #6807
Lady Glock

Quote:
LadyGlock I will pray that your friend makes a complete recovery.
Thank you so much...we will know more sometime after next Thursday when he will have the MRI to determine how bad the damage is.

Old 02-19-2011, 17:36   #6808
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Thank you so much...we will know more sometime after next Thursday when he will have the MRI to determine how bad the damage is.
Please keep us posted, OK? Will keep the prayers in overdrive.

Quote:
I vote for "stateside"...doesn't matter which, just closer to home so we can try to see you!

Have you received your dreamcatcher yet? May we have a pic of it? (is that allowed?)
I posted a pic of it in post # 6766. I screwed up and posted as a link instead of a pic, so here it is again.
Okie Memorial Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I was trying to get a look at that ring.
LW you didn't mention it when Bob asked you what you enjoyed, but I think
quality jewelery is on that list, isn't it?

ETA: Is it true that Walter Reed is the best VA hospital? Why weren't you sent there?
The ring is white gold with a brown tinted diamond. Yes, I like jewelry.

Walter Reed isn't a VA hospital, it's a military hospital. There's a big difference there. And no, it's not the best. It's just the one I'd most likely end up in. From everything I've heard Trippler is a lot better.

Quote:
Let's see, warm weather most of the time or cold winters? But it rains a lot in Hawaii. Hmmm. I vote Hawaii, but reserve the right to see you in Virginia. I know someone that lives in WV that probably votes VA.

Tell me again why you didn't go to Walter Reed in the first place?

In your first flower pic I thought you had some statuette of some kind of pre-Columbian guy with a ring through his nose. Then I realized it was your hand. It was naked though. : rofl:

Mrs Bob thanks you for pics.
Mrs. Bob is very welcome.....
Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area
Okie Memorial Area

My hand isn't naked, I have my ring on!

If I went back in the next months or so the cold winter wouldn't make much difference since it's starting to get warm. My doc thinks I wouldn't be there that long because once I was doing nothing but resting and rehab I'd be able to be released into aftercare in just a few months. As to why I didn't go in the first place, I was supposed to go there when I was transferred out of Germany, but a mistake was made. I don't want to go into details here.

Quote:
I understand why you want to know why Greg risked his life to save yours because I would ask things like that too. But what answer could he give you that would cause you to headslap him?
"You look so much like my Ex-wife I thought you might be her and I wanted to be sure you were dead."

Quote:
If he is telling the truth about getting you into a military hospital you should take that option. You would probably not need to be there long. I think you would gain a lot of ground just by being able to rest and have better physical therapy. You having to work every day is hindering you probably more than you know.

LadyGlock is right in that no matter what Greg's reason the deed is done and we have him to thank for your life. We do thank him too because we are so glad you are alive today. I may have to volunteer to referee the visitors if you do get sent to a hospital here. How many can you stand at once.

I thank you all very much for the prayers and would like to ask that you please continue. Wolfe asked me if she should start a thread on my behalf and I asked her if I could talk a little here if I decided to and she said of course. I may take her up on that but have not decided.
Trust me, I have some idea how much having to work is making it worse for me. Even in this so-called nonphysical job I get banged around, sore, tired and am constantly doing little things that aggravate my injury. Sometimes big things. I just figure I've been trading slower recovery for making pretty good money this past year. That's going to be a huge plus when I do get back and have to live on disability.

the offer stands about posting for you or you posting whatever you want, but even if you don't we'll all pray for you.

I've been working on the part about just accepting what Greg did, I guess it just takes time. I didn't see my shrink today, but I'm still turning over what he said yesterday. I think I'm having a hard time separating accepting from being OK with the fact that he died.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 17:41   #6809
Lonestar 48
Silver Membership

I sure hope things work out fast for you, LW. It sounds like some physical rest time is in your future and just what you need.

Get back soon!

Lonestar 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 19:58   #6810
BobInTX

2 up ^^^

You're right, not naked. LOL.

Oh well, mistakes were made, but if things happen for a reason I guess all of us getting to know you is reason enough.

You know whatever decision you would make about your care we would support you, right? Just don't let them knock you out of your job and then reneg on the hospital. Cause that would really, really suck.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:17   #6811
Lady Glock

Quote:
I posted a pic of it in post # 6766. I screwed up and posted as a link instead of a pic, so here it is again.
Okie Memorial Area
Beautiful!!

Thankyou very much for the prayers too...right now, I'm on the phone with the airlines, they keep cancelling our flights, 2 so far...so I'm trying to figure out if the trip is going to happen that we needed to make up north. My ticket was nonfundable...what if they cancel the flight and I end up not being able to make the trip?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:30   #6812
BobInTX

Lady Glock, I think you can schedule one for another date and pay a change fee. Call airline and ck out your options.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:37   #6813
Lady Glock

Quote:
Lady Glock, I think you can schedule one for another date and pay a change fee. Call airline and ck out your options.
Well, they cancelled one flight so we booked around that to another flight with 2 layovers. Then, one leg of that trip got cancelled so we tried to book another airline, but they only had one seat available...so we cancelled the whole thing and will now wait to hear if the trip will happen again when the storm is done wreaking havoc on the region. My ticket was fully refunded since it was a non voluntary issue. IF the trip happens, I might be able to get it at a better price, so I opted out of keeping credit on flight arrangements.

I have spent more than 5 hours on the phone with the airlines in the last 15 hours. Thankfully, I'm done!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:38   #6814
okie
GT Mayor

Love you sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47   #6815
BobInTX

Quote:
Well, they cancelled one flight so we booked around that to another flight with 2 layovers. Then, one leg of that trip got cancelled so we tried to book another airline, but they only had one seat available...so we cancelled the whole thing and will now wait to hear if the trip will happen again when the storm is done wreaking havoc on the region. My ticket was fully refunded since it was a non voluntary issue. IF the trip happens, I might be able to get it at a better price, so I opted out of keeping credit on flight arrangements.

I have spent more than 5 hours on the phone with the airlines in the last 15 hours. Thankfully, I'm done!
I'm glad you weren't out any money. No fun.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:56   #6816
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:

Reading about all this hassle all I can think is . But at least it's over with. Where were you trying to go?

Quote:
Really. Of course she won't be reimbursed for time lost or other expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar 48 View Post
I sure hope things work out fast for you, LW. It sounds like some physical rest time is in your future and just what you need.

Get back soon!
I don't know yet what's going to happen. Dr. Arse may be talking out his ass for all I know. He had more to say today, I'll tell you all later. Time to get something to eat.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:31   #6817
Lady Glock

Quote:
Reading about all this hassle all I can think is . But at least it's over with. Where were you trying to go?

Really. Of course she won't be reimbursed for time lost or other expenses.

I don't know yet what's going to happen. Dr. Arse may be talking out his ass for all I know. He had more to say today, I'll tell you all later. Time to get something to eat.
The part of the flight that was cancelled was from Chicago to Minneapolis.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:34   #6818
Lady Glock

Quote:
It was a very expensive ticket...over $1300, so I'm thankful it was fully refunded.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:38   #6819
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
It was a very expensive ticket...over $1300, so I'm thankful it was fully refunded.
I'm glad you got your money back too. Are you stuck in Chicago?

Quote:
Enjoy your dinner if you can Wolfe. Just think of all the good hospital chow that may await you here in the US. I just hope your doctor takes all the factors into consideration when making his decision. Did your regular doctor leave any instructions about this?

Quote:
"You look so much like my Ex-wife I thought you might be her and I wanted to be sure you were dead."

the offer stands about posting for you or you posting whatever you want, but even if you don't we'll all pray for you.

I've been working on the part about just accepting what Greg did, I guess it just takes time. I didn't see my shrink today, but I'm still turning over what he said yesterday. I think I'm having a hard time separating accepting from being OK with the fact that he died.
Wolfe only you would think of something like this.

Thank you very much for the offer and the continued prayers.

Did you see your shrink today? I hope he has figured out what he needs to work on with you next. How are you feeling? Are you still pretty numb or it all starting to come back again?
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:41   #6820
sawgrass

Quote:
The part of the flight that was cancelled was from Chicago to Minneapolis.
Lady Glock it's snowing like crazy. It's cold, wet and slippery. Visibility is only
about a hundred yards. You do not want to be here. They are predicting 12-20 inches of snow over the next 24 hours and have issued a winter storm
warning. My dog is asking if she can visit SR.

I'm glad you didn't lose your money.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:02   #6821
Lady Glock

Quote:
I'm glad you got your money back too. Are you stuck in Chicago?

No, thankfully...we didn't even get off the ground in Tulsa. Got a call yesterday evening that our first flight out of chicago was cancelled, made another arrangement out of chicago and got a call this morning that THAT one was cancelled. So they tried to reroute us to Atlanta for the connecting flight, but only one seat available, two necessary. Thankfully we didn't get out of the current hometown and caught in the blizzard.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:36   #6822
BobInTX

Quote:
Geez, no kidding! You can fly from Dfw to Hawaii cheaper than that.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:43   #6823
BobInTX

Wolfe, Mrs Bob said to say thank you so much for the Amaryllis pics. They really help her day with what she's going through with her mom now.
Old 02-20-2011, 13:57   #6824
Lady Glock

Quote:
Geez, no kidding! You can fly from Dfw to Hawaii cheaper than that.
It really shocked me when they told me the price...the other person's ticket, ordered 4 days earlier was less than half. Both were in coach!

Old 02-20-2011, 14:59   #6825
BobInTX

Quote:
It really shocked me when they told me the price...the other person's ticket, ordered 4 days earlier was less than half. Both were in coach!
You booked your flight within 14 days of the flight, didn't you? They really stick it to you.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!