Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
He not talkin' ta yu!

Wolfe, I hope you can think about at least one thing a day that makes you
happy. Maybe take a few minutes and focus on breathing as well as you can
and think about something that makes you feel good. You're here and we are
very happy about that.

I have to tell you because I'm about ready to lose my mind...(i don't normally
complain about winter), it's going to be in the 30's for a few days! 8 below right now which is the warmest am this week, but it's going to warm up!
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 16:39   #6752
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I think this is a good post for you to read again.
Thanks Bob, my slow connection makes it hard to go back hunting posts like that. I'm reading. Right now I'm so numb I feel like I'm reading through someone else's eyes, but strangely I think that's what my shrink wants right now.

BTW, I got those beautiful pics you sent me, shall I post them in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Wolfe, I hope you can think about at least one thing a day that makes you
happy. Maybe take a few minutes and focus on breathing as well as you can
and think about something that makes you feel good. You're here and we are
very happy about that.

I have to tell you because I'm about ready to lose my mind...(i don't normally
complain about winter), it's going to be in the 30's for a few days! 8 below right now which is the warmest am this week, but it's going to warm up!
I definitely focus on breathing at least once a day, usually several, but not in a good way like most people can. Right now the thought of NOT having to think about breathing makes me happy. haha

We got down into the 30's here a few times in the last few weeks, I can hardly breathe air that cold. Did I tell you that I'll visit you in something like JULY?

I hope winter is almost over for you. Didn't the groundhog say it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcb View Post
LW,

God still has a purpose for your life.

You have been through a lot, and you will be a gift to many others because of all that you are learning through this experience.

He is NOT done with you yet!

You are not responsible for what happened to anyone else.

There is a purpose that you have yet to fill. God still needs you here!

That's one message that seems to be common in here, that somehow my experiences and my posting about it in here helps others. Sometimes people share why it helps them with me, a lot of times they don't. I just know that somehow it's part of why I'm still here. It can't be all of it though, I can't explain how I know that but I do. Guess we'll find out what God's still got in mind for me, won't we? If I come to know what it is that God kept me around for I'll post it here if it's a good idea to do so.

Speaking of things God kept me around to do, don't worry this time about Skidoo's absence. I got a message from his sister that he's fine, but his internet is down. Poor guy is stuck in his house with no GT, but at least I don't have to send the cavalry to break his door down again.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 17:12   #6753
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Hi ya sweety!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 18:57   #6754
BobInTX

Sure, you can post the pics. I hope they brightened your day.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 23:12   #6755
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Bob,
God has blessed you with intelligence, empathy and the ability to pull multiple thoughts together, helping our Wolfe to "feel" what you are saying. I also feel fortunate to have found this site for my own personal growth, as well as everything I've gained from getting to know Wolfe. God is using you to help untold numbers of people. Bless you and your family.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 23:25   #6756
BobInTX

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments. I've been blessed here, also.
Old 02-12-2011, 16:34   #6757
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Sure, you can post the pics. I hope they brightened your day.
She's a little cutie, that's for sure. I'll try to get the pics posted tomorrow, my hajji-net connection isn't cooperating tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hi ya sweety! : hugs:: hugs:
Hiya back, you sweetheart!

Quote:
At first I read that and wondered what you could be getting from this thread since you're doing so much to help, but I know if I could help someone as much as you have I'd get something from it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Bob,
God has blessed you with intelligence, empathy and the ability to pull multiple thoughts together, helping our Wolfe to "feel" what you are saying. I also feel fortunate to have found this site for my own personal growth, as well as everything I've gained from getting to know Wolfe. God is using you to help untold numbers of people. Bless you and your family.
Bob does write well, doesn't he. Probably better than I do. I hope God blesses all of you that have been coming in here and helping me through this. I hope I'm improving enough that all of you can see it and know you had a part in it. BTW, I got an update from Skidoo's sis, he's still fine, but probably ready to beat someone at his ISP with a cane for not sending someone to fix his connection.

My shrink pushed at me a little today, but when he realized that I'm still numb, plus I got less than 2 hours sleep last night and am feeling it he went pretty easy and went back to his usual tactic of asking what I want to talk about. I started asking him stuff about what he thought might happen from here and he threw out a few possibilities, most of which are improvements from where I am now. Of course he was really vague because he didn't want to plant specifics in my head. He doesn't think the nightmares will just disappear, but he does think it'll be possible for me to sleep without being so heavily medicated because he thinks the pyschosis is almost gone now. Once that's gone he thinks me sleep will be closer to normal. Or at least normal for a person with PTSD.

My physical terrorist tortured me again today, damn, that freakin' hurt. He wasn't happy, he says I've hit a bit of a wall lately and he might have to try something different. Hey, think you could try taking it easy on me for a few days?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-12-2011, 18:29   #6758
BobInTX

Psychosis almost gone? That's good news.

I would love for you to have a good dream.
Old 02-12-2011, 18:57   #6759
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Physical terrorists have a one size fits all mentality. When I was rehabbing one of my knee replacements, I warned them how bad my back was. Sure enough, I hurt myself pulling on one of them rubber things and now have five bad disks instead of four and that one now hurts the worst since they refuse to do anymore surgery on my back.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2011, 07:44   #6760
23skidoo
Deceased

The psyshosis is almost gone?! It was a bad filter, the tech replaced it and I'm back online. Cane hell! I was ready to get The Angry Fist of God out of the safe!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:26   #6761
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
.....he thinks the pyschosis is almost gone now.
Bacon. The cure all (except for the clogged arteries part)

Bacon sandwiches. BLT. Bacon and Peanut butter.

try one.........

Glad to hear that you are making progress.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:52   #6762
okie
GT Mayor

Love you LW sweetheart
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:11   #6763
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post

try one.........

Glad to hear that you are making progress.
What are hoping for? Should the rest of her chest heal and then she die of a heart attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
The psyshosis is almost gone?! It was a bad filter, the tech replaced it and I'm back online. Cane hell! I was ready to get The Angry Fist of God out of the safe! ::
23skidoo what is that angry fist of God? Is that what happens when Wolfe calls the police out to your house again? Never doubt that she would do that either. I know this from experience myself.

Quote:
BobInTX we have all been blessed by your presence here.

Quote:
My shrink pushed at me a little today, but when he realized that I'm still numb, plus I got less than 2 hours sleep last night and am feeling it he went pretty easy and went back to his usual tactic of asking what I want to talk about. I started asking him stuff about what he thought might happen from here and he threw out a few possibilities, most of which are improvements from where I am now. Of course he was really vague because he didn't want to plant specifics in my head. He doesn't think the nightmares will just disappear, but he does think it'll be possible for me to sleep without being so heavily medicated because he thinks the pyschosis is almost gone now. Once that's gone he thinks me sleep will be closer to normal. Or at least normal for a person with PTSD.

My physical terrorist tortured me again today, damn, that freakin' hurt. He wasn't happy, he says I've hit a bit of a wall lately and he might have to try something different. Hey, think you could try taking it easy on me for a few days?
Do you know if your shrink has a plan yet for what to do now? You will not stay numb forever and right now he needs to take advantage of your recent progress. I'm very glad to hear he thinks you are almost recovered from the psychosis but how does he quantify it? Is he basing his observations purely on observable symptoms. I hope he is right but am concerned he may dismiss it too soon just because your symptoms are latent.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 13:33   #6764
23skidoo
Deceased

S_R, The Angry Fist of God is my 10mm. Miss Lone doesn't understand the allure either.
Old 02-13-2011, 14:58   #6765
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

How goes it?

I was looking back through the prior pages in the thread and didn't see whether, since I last asked on 1/25 or so, my silly little, hastily-wrapped package ever made it through to you. Jay had wondered earlier on whether it might get confiscated or somesuch if deemed a prohibited "religious symbol".................. ??

How you holding up these last few days?
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 16:46   #6766
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-G26 View Post
I was looking back through the prior pages in the thread and didn't see whether, since I last asked on 1/25 or so, my silly little, hastily-wrapped package ever made it through to you. Jay had wondered earlier on whether it might get confiscated or somesuch if deemed a prohibited "religious symbol".................. ??

How you holding up these last few days?
Nope, didn't get confiscated. Mail ran yesterday, and Mandy approves.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...eamCatcher.jpg
I took it away from her and hung it up over my bed. Thank you very much.

Quote:
S_R, The Angry Fist of God is my 10mm. Miss Lone doesn't understand the allure either.
Hell, 9mm has no allure to me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Love you LW sweetheart: hearts:: hugs:
So when are you going to Columbus, okie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post

try one.........

Glad to hear that you are making progress. : )
Yep, you're trying to do what the Afghani's couldn't, finish me off.

But what a way to die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Physical terrorists have a one size fits all mentality. When I was rehabbing one of my knee replacements, I warned them how bad my back was. Sure enough, I hurt myself pulling on one of them rubber things and now have five bad disks instead of four and that one now hurts the worst since they refuse to do anymore surgery on my back.
I have to give my terrorist credit at least for that part, in that he knows I have a very bad shoulder and he's careful not to make it worse. It's just that anything he does or has me do pretty much has to hurt to do any good. Then there are times when even going through the motions hurts. He backs off at those times until I can push, pull or whatever again, but he doesn't like to stay stalled very long at all. He's antsy now because I've been stalled, even regressing for several days now. I hate setbacks.

Quote:
Psychosis almost gone? That's good news.

I would love for you to have a good dream.
I worded it badly last night, but that's pretty much what my shrink said, that my mind is healing. He thinks there's a decent chance I'll completely recover from the psychosis, although he's concerned about recurring problems if I can't get to sleeping normally before I get back to the States.

I'd love to have a good dream, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Do you know if your shrink has a plan yet for what to do now? You will not stay numb forever and right now he needs to take advantage of your recent progress. I'm very glad to hear he thinks you are almost recovered from the psychosis but how does he quantify it? Is he basing his observations purely on observable symptoms. I hope he is right but am concerned he may dismiss it too soon just because your symptoms are latent.
He didn't say, but I kinda think he does. He's treating this like a bad overload that won't ber permanent. He said as "my feelings start coming back online" he's going to work with me on issues like the guilt, but didn't say how.

As for what he said about the psychosis, he's mainly going by the symptoms, or rather the lack of. I haven't had a complete break from reality in quite a while now, and the partial breaks have gotten fairly short, mild and far between. He also thinks the change to being able to feel what I really feel, not the clouded, muddled stuff I had before is a huge sign. It's like the clouds clearing away. The sky's not pretty, at least not yet, but it's real for the first time in over a year and a half. He's still concerned that I can't sleep at all without being forced to no matter how tired I am, but he hopes that last major symptom will get better, too. I think he's pretty conservative in a lot of ways and won't just ignore the possibility of latent symptoms, especially since he mentioned the possibility of recurrance.

BTW, I'm still pretty numb inside. Wish I could say the same thing about my chest.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-13-2011, 17:45   #6767
23skidoo
Deceased

I already sent these to you in a P.M. but what the heck? Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart.Okie Memorial Area
Old 02-14-2011, 02:44   #6768
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

^^^ Pretty flower, thank you.

I've been meaning to post this in here for the last 2 nights and forgot both times. All of you that stop in here to see how I'm doing will you please go here Prayers needed for Digitsmaw and Paw and say a prayer for Digitsmaw and all who care for her, especially Digitspaw right now. She really needs those prayers, we all know what her being in a hospice means. If you're anywhere near Vegas she would also appreciate a visit, too.

Thanks all.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-14-2011, 08:11   #6769
BobInTX

Good day, Wolfe. I was reading a book last night and saw this bible verse and thought of you.

Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.

Hosea 6:1

On our way home from Ft Worth last night we got a text from my daughter saying that she was going to the ER with abdominal pain. She's had this recurrent pain in her upper abdomen for a while, even before her breast cancer walk. She doesn't have a doctor so she hasn't been to seen one about it. Last night was more than she could handle so she went to ER. They ruled out gall bladder so they think she has an ulcer. Gave her some meds and referred her to a Dr. When it rains, it pours.

I'd like to ask for prayers this week. My wife's mother is going home from the nursing home tomorrow. It's going to be a tough week.

Last edited by BobInTX; 02-14-2011 at 08:12..
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21   #6770
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Good day, Wolfe. I was reading a book last night and saw this bible verse and thought of you.

Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.

Hosea 6:1

On our way home from Ft Worth last night we got a text from my daughter saying that she was going to the ER with abdominal pain. She's had this recurrent pain in her upper abdomen for a while, even before her breast cancer walk. She doesn't have a doctor so she hasn't been to seen one about it. Last night was more than she could handle so she went to ER. They ruled out gall bladder so they think she has an ulcer. Gave her some meds and referred her to a Dr. When it rains, it pours.

I'd like to ask for prayers this week. My wife's mother is going home from the nursing home tomorrow. It's going to be a tough week.
Prayers sent for all of you right now.

Quote:
I already sent these to you in a P.M. but what the heck? Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart.
23skidoo did you mean to give Wolfe flowers that look like a bridal bouquet?

Quote:
Nope, didn't get confiscated. Mail ran yesterday, and Mandy approves.

I worded it badly last night, but that's pretty much what my shrink said, that my mind is healing. He thinks there's a decent chance I'll completely recover from the psychosis, although he's concerned about recurring problems if I can't get to sleeping normally before I get back to the States.

He didn't say, but I kinda think he does. He's treating this like a bad overload that won't ber permanent. He said as "my feelings start coming back online" he's going to work with me on issues like the guilt, but didn't say how.

As for what he said about the psychosis, he's mainly going by the symptoms, or rather the lack of. I haven't had a complete break from reality in quite a while now, and the partial breaks have gotten fairly short, mild and far between. He also thinks the change to being able to feel what I really feel, not the clouded, muddled stuff I had before is a huge sign. It's like the clouds clearing away. The sky's not pretty, at least not yet, but it's real for the first time in over a year and a half. He's still concerned that I can't sleep at all without being forced to no matter how tired I am, but he hopes that last major symptom will get better, too. I think he's pretty conservative in a lot of ways and won't just ignore the possibility of latent symptoms, especially since he mentioned the possibility of recurrance.

BTW, I'm still pretty numb inside. Wish I could say the same thing about my chest.
It sounds like your shrink is being very careful not to end any treatment too soon. That is good news because you want to avoid a relapse if you possibly can. You be sure to do exactly what he tells you to do even if you start thinking you are better. You said that he wanted you to hold off on writing that letter to yourself at the time. Do you know when he will let you do that?

Quote:
I see. I think she is smart to stay away from that caliber. I have heard they have a lot of recoil.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31   #6771
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Prayers sent for all of you right now.
Thanks.

You said that he wanted you to hold off on writing that letter to yourself at the time. Do you know when he will let you do that?

Oh, I missed that.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:00   #6772
engineer151515

Marylin and I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.

Okie Memorial Area
Old 02-14-2011, 12:04   #6773
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Happy Valentines day!
Quote:
Old 02-14-2011, 12:10   #6774
Tenngunner

Happy Valentines day, prayers for you to heal.

"We don't sit on our asses enough and THINK thru scenarios. We have to wait until bad nasty stuff happens to us to appreciate circumstances that might run counter to our preconceptions and beliefs."
Tenngunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:41   #6775
23skidoo
Deceased

<<<<Knows Miss Lone loves purple roses Miss S_R.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!