Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:39   #601
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
Hi LW. The prayers, good thoughts and encouragement, are offered up willingly, by those of us on here. We want nothing but the best, for you and your sisters and brothers, in arms. The well being of you and your brothers and sisters, in arms is most important to us.

If the Army, even thought about sending you out on another convoy, I would start knocking heads, on someone, just to get their attention. After, I got their attention, I would show them, that the force field, made up of prayers and good thoughts, from us GT'ers, was so big, that you could not even fit in the truck. The size of the truck, wouldn't matter. Whatever size truck, they brought in, the size of the force field, would just keep growing, so that you wouldn't fit. If that didn't work, then I would have to put the Afghani Stomp, on them.

I know that you are working hard, to beat these demons, and you will prevail. You have the American can do attitude, along with the prayers, good thoughts and love, of a lot of people backing you. We will willingly, make sure that you prevail.

May tomorrow, be better than today, and each day thereafter, be better than the day before!!!
Will all your prayers Iíd better not lose this battle. Iíd be in trouble if I didÖ..

I canít foresee the Army even thinking of putting me on a convoy, since I donít go on any missions now. Iím strictly a fobbit these days. My doctor told me a while back that wasnít even an option and that hasnít changed. But I like your way of insuring they donít try something idiotic like that. And some of those MRAPs are decent sized so thatís a nice force field you folks are offering me. And Iíd get to see you to the Afghani Stomp againÖÖ Can I help? BTW, I emailed Silent_Runner a pic of me standing near a row of them and she said Iím not even allowed to STAND that close to them anymore.

You know Iím working hard to win. I got too many of you pushing and praying for me to give up now. Besides youíd do the now-famous Afghani Stomp on me if I give up after all this.
back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefs View Post
No, Lone_Wolfe you ARE a good example for the rest just by sharing your experiences - pain, bad nightmares, and all. We read your words and understand a little bit of your world and that helps us deal with the difficulties we may face in our lives. Human connection is not to be underrated : supergrin:. Hey, if I got hurt, I'd crawl into a hole and keep to myself and try to heal on my own and nobody would be the wiser concerning my situation.

So, I'm hoping the best for you, and know you'll have tough days, but I hope you move past the bad times and start coming into the better times soon.

Best,
Jefs
I can understand wanting to keep it to yourself, I did too for a good while. When I first got back on GT I talked like it was minor and I was already recovered, but finally spilled it to a few people and found how much the moral support could help. That and looking at the 2 other stickies here where GT'ers gave Digitsmaw and NashvilleGlock so many prayers and friendship I took a lesson. But I'll take credit for being a good example when I'm really just being selfish. I'm the one gaining so much here. And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Well, yes, it is a strategy. Its a means to an end, in this case you know what you'll react to and how, then you choose to do what works for you.

Baby, it's ok to let it out. We're here to listen, and it doesn't come through as a "complaint". You have the right to "complain" all you want. It's necessary. In some cases things have to get worse before it gets better. I know this is not really a comparison, but, a drug addict first needs to hit rock bottom before he can work his way towards rehabilitation. That's the point where he finds reality face to face and comes out of denial. Once out of denial, he can identify where he's at, what got him there, where he needs to be, and what he needs to do to get there. Then he looks at what resources he has, what he's missing, and start from there. Everybody has their own rock bottoms, and, really, the closer you are to it, the better, as beat up as it sounds. Sometimes we focus so much on what we do or are doing, thinking that it's the only way to measure progress. Look at what you're not doing. NOT waking up thrashing, breaking fingers, and screaming, that's progress too. You also have to realize that ANY progess is real progress, simply because it either is or isn't. Is it progress? Yes? Ok, leave it at that, it's progress. Just that it isn't happening as fast as we'd prefer, but it's happening. We're here with and for you, for better or for worse!
Like I said, never thought of it as strategy. But your explanation makes sense.

I feel relieved to hear you say that because I'm so sick of feeling this way I just figured you would be sick of hearing it. You are so right about things getting worse before they got better. Back around March or April a shrink told me that would happen to me and I thought (and hoped) he was full of it. He was right though, and I kept getting worse until last month. I kind of did hit a bottom then, when desperate actions put me back in the hospital for a week. It seemed bad at the time, but it was the best thing that could have happened. I feel like I've started to climb that mountain, although I have so far to go. And I'll agree that not breaking any more fingers is progress. This one that I did break hurts!
Quote:
We're here with and for you, for better or for worse!
You just can't imagine what that means to me right now. Knowing I'm not alone here means so much to me. Last night I went to the hospital for my night's sleep. After a couple days figuring out what dose I need the PA has been knocking me out very quickly. The doctor tells me that's good because it's common for patients to fight the effects if they go under slowly. Well last night they had a problem and I only got a partial dose at first. The doctor started fussing at the PA to hurry and get it fixed. I laid there for a few seconds and felt the effects of what I did have starting. After a few seconds I opened my eyes and saw what appeared to be 7 people around me that weren't there moments before. Just like when this happened before I couldn't make out faces, but I got the feeling 5 were men and 2 were women. Not that it matters at all. When I tried to reach for one they all put hands on me and I felt something that's hard to explain, but it was positive. I don't know how long this went on, it seems like maybe a minute or 2, but then they got the rest of the meds in me and that was all.

I mentioned it to the doc that was there this morning and all he said was "That stuff we're using causes hallucinations". I like to believe that's not all it was.

One thing about it that sticks with me, especially when I remember Beware Owner's post made simultaneous to my first seeing these visions is that one of the figures standing over me had a glass of something in his hand that looked like orange juice.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:42   #602
Brown Hawk
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I HAD a good night, Doc knocked me out good last night.
Good Afternoon, LW.

Glad you had a good night. Will pray for a good night tonight.

And stay inside the wire, it's still a dangerous world out there. But thank your lucky stars that you're in a safe place like Baghdad and not in Detroit. (I'm FROM there, so I'm allowed.)

Hawk

PS
Old 09-25-2009, 09:49   #603
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
NO convoys for you! Don't even think about it.

On a lighter note,.......I did actually mean "good evening" forgot
about the time diff........ how has today gone for you?
You said it very well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki192327 View Post
Hi LW. The prayers, good thoughts and encouragement, are offered up willingly, by those of us on here. We want nothing but the best, for you and your sisters and brothers, in arms. The well being of you and your brothers and sisters, in arms is most important to us.

If the Army, even thought about sending you out on another convoy, I would start knocking heads, on someone, just to get their attention. After, I got their attention, I would show them, that the force field, made up of prayers and good thoughts, from us GT'ers, was so big, that you could not even fit in the truck. The size of the truck, wouldn't matter. Whatever size truck, they brought in, the size of the force field, would just keep growing, so that you wouldn't fit. If that didn't work, then I would have to put the Afghani Stomp, on them.

I know that you are working hard, to beat these demons, and you will prevail. You have the American can do attitude, along with the prayers, good thoughts and love, of a lot of people backing you. We will willingly, make sure that you prevail.

May tomorrow, be better than today, and each day thereafter, be better than the day before!!!
Of course I'd like to join you in this stomp if it becomes necessary.

I love your posts. Keep up those prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Good for you Miss Lone. May you have more good nights coming, and soon.
I will be even happier when you can sleep without the help of a pharmacy. But any sleep is better than none.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:33   #604
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Silent_Runner,....... thanks for keeling LW "in-check"
She has more than done her fair share, it's retirement time!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:46   #605
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Sleep, riches, and health to be truly enjoyed must be interrupted.
-- Johann Paul Friedrich Richter
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 13:04   #606
Jefs
CLM Number 147
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
No, Lone_Wolfe you ARE a good example for the rest just by sharing your experiences - pain, bad nightmares, and all. We read your words and understand a little bit of your world and that helps us deal with the difficulties we may face in our lives. Human connection is not to be underrated . Hey, if I got hurt, I'd crawl into a hole and keep to myself and try to heal on my own and nobody would be the wiser concerning my situation.

So, I'm hoping the best for you, and know you'll have tough days, but I hope you move past the bad times and start coming into the better times soon.

Best,
Jefs
Quote:

I can understand wanting to keep it to yourself, I did too for a good while. When I first got back on GT I talked like it was minor and I was already recovered, but finally spilled it to a few people and found how much the moral support could help. That and looking at the 2 other stickies here where GT'ers gave Digitsmaw and NashvilleGlock so many prayers and friendship I took a lesson. But I'll take credit for being a good example when I'm really just being selfish. I'm the one gaining so much here. And thank you.
Yeah, Lone_Wolfe you're right on how decent and helpful and caring people really are. Some people really do love and care for others. When my dad was dying of lung cancer in 2003 I quit my $100K year job as an IT manager at a major financial firm and muscled up, thickened my neck, and did everything I could to ease his life for his last year and a half. The doctors at Mayo Clinic told Dad how lucky he was to have me sheparding him through the chemo/radiation process and his last days and the Hospice nurse told me money couldn't provide the care I provided for Dad in the last days. Sounds good right? Wrong! I did that out of a mechanical sense of obligation and knew that I could kick ass and take care of business and I did so. I'm basically a worker ant and nothing else. I did my duty.

What is incredible is how other people take care of and help others and really feel for them out of their hearts. My mom has Alzheimer's and I can't tell you how many people, complete strangers, go out of their way to listen to her stories and smile and hug her. It really strikes up the contrast between drones like me and real, caring, loving people.

LW, good for you for understanding people and allowing the good people to help you on along your way to recovery
Jefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 17:22   #607
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post

I will be even happier when you can sleep without the help of a pharmacy. But any sleep is better than none.
I agree with you but tonight I'd settle for any sleep I could get. I'd be even happier if the nightmares would take just one night off.

Quote:
Silent_Runner,....... thanks for keeling LW "in-check"
She has more than done her fair share, it's retirement time!

Not really. I only spent a months doing what I came here to do. The rest of the time I've been babysitting servers and stuff like that. And I hate the thought of going home and collecting disability for the rest of my life. I'd rather earn my living. I didn't agree to come here to become a taxpayer burden.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-25-2009, 18:32   #608
engineer151515

One of our secretaries was stressing out because she lost a computer file. Couldn't find two days of work on a spreadsheet saved to a hard drive.

I told her to relax. One of the ladies on our gun forum stopped a bullet with her chest in Afghanistan when ambushed. I told her that you were my current measure of a "hard day" at work.

Sweet dreams, Princess. We are all praying for you.
Old 09-25-2009, 18:42   #609
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
One of our secretaries was stressing out because she lost a computer file. Couldn't find two days of work on a spreadsheet saved to a hard drive.

I told her to relax. One of the ladies on our gun forum stopped a bullet with her chest in Afghanistan when ambushed. I told her that you were my current measure of a "hard day" at work.

Sweet dreams, Princess. We are all praying for you.
Haha, I'll bet she didn't like that response when she was all upset abour her work, did she?

back. I've given up on the idea of getting sleep tonight. I haven't had a normal dream in months. Wish I could send nightmares to the glue factory!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-26-2009 at 02:56.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-25-2009, 18:53   #610
Buki192327

Quote:
Will all your prayers Iíd better not lose this battle. Iíd be in trouble if I didÖ..

I canít foresee the Army even thinking of putting me on a convoy, since I donít go on any missions now. Iím strictly a fobbit these days. My doctor told me a while back that wasnít even an option and that hasnít changed. But I like your way of insuring they donít try something idiotic like that. And some of those MRAPs are decent sized so thatís a nice force field you folks are offering me. And Iíd get to see you to the Afghani Stomp againÖÖ Can I help? BTW, I emailed Silent_Runner a pic of me standing near a row of them and she said Iím not even allowed to STAND that close to them anymore.

You know Iím working hard to win. I got too many of you pushing and praying for me to give up now. Besides youíd do the now-famous Afghani Stomp on me if I give up after all this.
back at ya!
I would never do the Afghani-Stomp, to you sweetie. The Afghani-Stomp, is only applied to idiots. After Silent_Runner and myself have applied enough stomps, to where they can't think or move, it would be my pleasure, to let you have the last STOMP!! But only if it would not cause any problems, to your physical injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
You said it very well!

Of course I'd like to join you in this stomp if it becomes necessary.

I love your posts. Keep up those prayers!

Thank you, for the kind words.

It would be my honor, to have you join me in the STOMP. However, after we have stomped them, to where they can't think or move, I would love for Lone_Wolfe to have the honor of applying the last STOMP. But only if it would not aggrevate the injuries, she has received. OK?

The prayers, good thoughts and encouragement, will keep flowing.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 22:37   #611
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Quote:
You just can't imagine what that means to me right now. Knowing I'm not alone here means so much to me. Last night I went to the hospital for my night's sleep. After a couple days figuring out what dose I need the PA has been knocking me out very quickly. The doctor tells me that's good because it's common for patients to fight the effects if they go under slowly. Well last night they had a problem and I only got a partial dose at first. The doctor started fussing at the PA to hurry and get it fixed. I laid there for a few seconds and felt the effects of what I did have starting. After a few seconds I opened my eyes and saw what appeared to be 7 people around me that weren't there moments before. Just like when this happened before I couldn't make out faces, but I got the feeling 5 were men and 2 were women. Not that it matters at all. When I tried to reach for one they all put hands on me and I felt something that's hard to explain, but it was positive. I don't know how long this went on, it seems like maybe a minute or 2, but then they got the rest of the meds in me and that was all.

I mentioned it to the doc that was there this morning and all he said was "That stuff we're using causes hallucinations". I like to believe that's not all it was.

One thing about it that sticks with me, especially when I remember Beware Owner's post made simultaneous to my first seeing these visions is that one of the figures standing over me had a glass of something in his hand that looked like orange juice.
Hi precious girl, this reminded me of your talking about the people standing over you as you fell asleep. It is written by a fellow running a marathon.

"My cheering party was stationed just before the 12 mile mark and I managed to see them although they didn't get a picture of me at that point with all the masses of people around.
This is what the runners looked like at that point:
I was doing okay at this point although I was feeling very cramped - not in my muscles, but in the way I needed to run to avoid tripping on people who were trying to cut through or people who were dropped their drinks, phone, MP3 etc but that is part of the deal I suppose.
The number of people spectating and cheering us on was astounding. If you think about a route of 26 miles or 42 kms and then line it with an average of 3 people deep on both sides of the road packed next to one another, you will get an idea. There were people hanging off bridges and roofs and flyovers and balconies. People pressing in to get a glimpse of the runners as they shuffled past.
Derek Prince used to say, "This is so vivid to me..." when he spoke of a verse of Scripture which the Lord had illuminated for him. Well, I was often reminded of Hebrews 12:1 which says, "Therefore (read chapter 11 of Hebrews to find out what its there for) since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." When I considered this picture of saints who are cheering me and every one of us on in the race of faith and then I looked at the crowd which was at times up to about 10 people deep, I was deeply overwhelmed. As the Scripture in Hebrews goes on to say, "Let consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men and not grow weary and lose heart."

The "witnesses" could be those people who have gone to heaven ahead of us, but I prefer to think of them as either angels or people who are praying for us. In your case, I think it is all of the above. You have so many people praying for you and caring about you, LW. It is so inspiring to me. I wouldn't doubt that God is allowing you to have visions of what is going on around you spiritually.
There is a book called "This Present Darkness", by Frank Peretti. It is a fun book to read, with 7' angels standing guard over people, riding on top of cars, protecting people, etc. It is a neat look into the what is going around us constantly, God's angels protecting us. Let me know if you like to read, and I will send it to you. Later Gator, part of your cheering section, G26G

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 23:23   #612
Blast
'nuff said

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area

Okie Memorial Area
Old 09-26-2009, 01:59   #613
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Jefs, you wouldn't be here encouraging our girl, if you were "just" a worker ant. It is obvious to me at least, that you loved your dad very much. Guys don't go around doing what you did for the heck of it. My husband could be described as a "worker ant." He works hard and gets things done, but when I went into the hospital 1 1/2 months ago, all of his other obligations flew out the window. I have to admit, it surprised me because he is so driven.
You are a very decent person, Jefs and LW is so blessed to receive the wisdom in the kind words you bestow on her.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:06   #614
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

^^^ Methinks Blast thought he was in the Caturday thread.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-26-2009, 02:10   #615
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Just getting ready for bed LW. Hope you have a great day.
Quote:
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15   #616
Blast
'nuff said

Quote:
^^^ Methinks Blast thought he was in the Caturday thread.
No, since this a medical related thread, I thought it appropriate here.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:49   #617
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Yeah, Lone_Wolfe you're right on how decent and helpful and caring people really are. Some people really do love and care for others. When my dad was dying of lung cancer in 2003 I quit my $100K year job as an IT manager at a major financial firm and muscled up, thickened my neck, and did everything I could to ease his life for his last year and a half. The doctors at Mayo Clinic told Dad how lucky he was to have me sheparding him through the chemo/radiation process and his last days and the Hospice nurse told me money couldn't provide the care I provided for Dad in the last days. Sounds good right? Wrong! I did that out of a mechanical sense of obligation and knew that I could kick ass and take care of business and I did so. I'm basically a worker ant and nothing else. I did my duty.

What is incredible is how other people take care of and help others and really feel for them out of their hearts. My mom has Alzheimer's and I can't tell you how many people, complete strangers, go out of their way to listen to her stories and smile and hug her. It really strikes up the contrast between drones like me and real, caring, loving people.

LW, good for you for understanding people and allowing the good people to help you on along your way to recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Jefs, you wouldn't be here encouraging our girl, if you were "just" a worker ant. It is obvious to me at least, that you loved your dad very much. Guys don't go around doing what you did for the heck of it. My husband could be described as a "worker ant." He works hard and gets things done, but when I went into the hospital 1 1/2 months ago, all of his other obligations flew out the window. I have to admit, it surprised me because he is so driven.
You are a very decent person, Jefs and LW is so blessed to receive the wisdom in the kind words you bestow on her.
Glock26girl I was trying to find the words to say exactly this here, but you did a much better job that I could. And I'm really glad your husband could be there for you at the hospital. I know that makes such a difference. Jefs, what you did was a labor of love and your Dad was blessed. He had done something right to have raised a son like you.

I'm sorry to hear that about your Mom. I lost a Grandfather to that. Enjoy the time you have.

It's been good FOR me to allow you people to help me along the way. I'm lucky to have you two and all the others here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
No, since this a medical related thread, I thought it appropriate here.

Hey if the doctor stuck the thermometer into the same place on me that they do on cats I'd have an expression on my face much like the middle cat!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-26-2009, 06:22   #618
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
..... And I hate the thought of going home and collecting disability for the rest of my life. I'd rather earn my living. I didn't agree to come here to become a taxpayer burden.

Burden?!

All gave SOME,
Some gave all!

You, little Missy, gave A LOT, and nearly gave ALL!
Think about that for a while,......................
Old 09-26-2009, 06:34   #619
40 Cal Joe

Quote:
Burden?!

All gave SOME,
Some gave all!

Some wise words there from faawrenchbndr. The amount of prayers and thoughts for you do not come close to the responses on this thread, they are 100 x more. Rest easy.
Florida Glocker #2227
40 Cal Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:21   #620
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hawk View Post
Good Afternoon, LW.

Glad you had a good night. Will pray for a good night tonight.

And stay inside the wire, it's still a dangerous world out there. But thank your lucky stars that you're in a safe place like Baghdad and not in Detroit. (I'm FROM there, so I'm allowed.)

Hawk

PS : kiss:
I used to live in Detroit and that's funny. but it's no joke that I feel safer here than I would there. Especially now that I don't want to carry a gun. I might as well paint a target on me if I went to the Motor City now... back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Hi precious girl, this reminded me of your talking about the people standing over you as you fell asleep. It is written by a fellow running a marathon.

"My cheering party was stationed just before the 12 mile mark and I managed to see them although they didn't get a picture of me at that point with all the masses of people around.
This is what the runners looked like at that point:
I was doing okay at this point although I was feeling very cramped - not in my muscles, but in the way I needed to run to avoid tripping on people who were trying to cut through or people who were dropped their drinks, phone, MP3 etc but that is part of the deal I suppose.
The number of people spectating and cheering us on was astounding. If you think about a route of 26 miles or 42 kms and then line it with an average of 3 people deep on both sides of the road packed next to one another, you will get an idea. There were people hanging off bridges and roofs and flyovers and balconies. People pressing in to get a glimpse of the runners as they shuffled past.
Derek Prince used to say, "This is so vivid to me..." when he spoke of a verse of Scripture which the Lord had illuminated for him. Well, I was often reminded of Hebrews 12:1 which says, "Therefore (read chapter 11 of Hebrews to find out what its there for) since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." When I considered this picture of saints who are cheering me and every one of us on in the race of faith and then I looked at the crowd which was at times up to about 10 people deep, I was deeply overwhelmed. As the Scripture in Hebrews goes on to say, "Let consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men and not grow weary and lose heart."

The "witnesses" could be those people who have gone to heaven ahead of us, but I prefer to think of them as either angels or people who are praying for us. In your case, I think it is all of the above. You have so many people praying for you and caring about you, LW. It is so inspiring to me. I wouldn't doubt that God is allowing you to have visions of what is going on around you spiritually.
There is a book called "This Present Darkness", by Frank Peretti. It is a fun book to read, with 7' angels standing guard over people, riding on top of cars, protecting people, etc. It is a neat look into the what is going around us constantly, God's angels protecting us. Let me know if you like to read, and I will send it to you. Later Gator, part of your cheering section, G26G
I donít know whether the people I saw were angels, people that are praying with me or standing by me in spirit, or just a vision sent to me from God. I donít know which of those it is, or a combination of all. But I really hope and believe itís more than drug-induced hallucinations. I also find it especially noticeable that the first time it happened coincided almost to the minute with Beware Ownerís post about standing by and tending to me while I was sleeping. The next morning when I read his post I started to cry, even more when I saw the timestamp. Whatever it was I hope it happens again.

That book does sound interesting, but seven foot angels? None of mine looked much over 6 feet. I like the idea of big angels, but Iíll take any angels.

back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Just getting ready for bed LW. Hope you have a great day.
Hope you're sleeping like I plan to tonight.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-26-2009, 08:37   #621
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Burden?!

All gave SOME,
Some gave all!

I won't deny that if was a real close call for me. My docs love to remind me of that...
And yes, I think about it. I can't not think about it.

But it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to come home, sit on my ass, and leech off American taxpayers the rest of my life.

BTW, no disrespect is intended to those who can't work. My opinion applies only to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Cal Joe View Post
Some wise words there from faawrenchbndr. The amount of prayers and thoughts for you do not come close to the responses on this thread, they are 100 x more. Rest easy.

Thank you for the prayers, they are appreciated. But like I said above, all I want from you is prayers and friendship, not money for nothing.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-26-2009, 09:11   #622
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

There is no way on earth that you should feel like you would be
"leeching" off of America. Personally, I think nearly every US Citizen
should bow at your, and ALL present and past, Service Members' and
show some gratitude for keeping the world safe!

There are like 6.78 BILLION people on this earth.
1/2 of ONE percent serve in the Military. That's a very small number
of people trying to keep the peace, provide aid, and assist during emergancies!

You NEED to return to AMERICA and hold your head high!
You NEED to be proud of what you accomplished.
You NEED to be very proud of what your Comrades accomplished.

You are ONE of the 1/2 out of 6.78 Billion that have accomplished what
so many Americans and other World citizens can not, or will not do.

Super sweet dreams Sweetie,...... many, many American and World Citizens
are soooo deeply indebted to you and are truly PROUD of you you HAVE and WILL accomplish!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:14   #623
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Burden?!

All gave SOME,
Some gave all!

Very well said.
Quote:
Old 09-26-2009, 12:54   #624
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
There is no way on earth that you should feel like you would be
"leeching" off of America. Personally, I think nearly every US Citizen
should bow at your, and ALL present and past, Service Members' and
show some gratitude for keeping the world safe!

There are like 6.78 BILLION people on this earth.
1/2 of ONE percent serve in the Military. That's a very small number
of people trying to keep the peace, provide aid, and assist during emergancies!

You NEED to return to AMERICA and hold your head high!
You NEED to be proud of what you accomplished.
You NEED to be very proud of what your Comrades accomplished.

You are ONE of the 1/2 out of 6.78 Billion that have accomplished what
so many Americans and other World citizens can not, or will not do.

Super sweet dreams Sweetie,...... many, many American and World Citizens
are soooo deeply indebted to you and are truly PROUD of you you HAVE and WILL accomplish!

OK, I'll give you the point only a small percentage of us join the Military...

Maybe someday I will hold my head up and feel good about coming here.
Maybe someday I will feel like I actually accomplished something over here.
I am proud of what my comrades accomplished.

I agree that Americans should have some gratitude toward those who serve, not just the Military, but all service jobs. They should especially be grateful to someone like you who server a lot longer and accomplished a lot more than I ever will.

But I still don't think that gratitude should come out of everyone's pocket if it can be avoided. I intend to try.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-26-2009, 14:48   #625
str8tshooter

Lone_Wolfe,
I have just stumbled upon this thread and was fascinated by the story! You should never feel like you did not do your part (read, JOB), you have volunteered to serve and have done so in an honorable fashion. I join all my fellow GT'ers in their prayers and wishes for your recovery, not only physical but emotional and mental stress. Remember that God loves you and will not give you any more than you can handle. He also opens another door or window when He closes one. So here's wishing you the best of care by our doctors and nurses, and I would truly enjoy meeting you when you return. The great state of Texas welcomes you with open arms for a bar-b-que and a couple of cold brews whenever you want to collect.
str8tshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!